Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi A4 2005+

1212223242527»

Comments

• irisheyes44irisheyes44 Member Posts: 15
    I own a 2005 a4 cab quattro 3.0, when I bought the car it came with all expense paid warranty. I can't remember if the warranty on the car is for 3 years-36,000 miles or 4 years-48,000 miles? I believe this is not offered anymore.
  • markcincinnatimarkcincinnati Member Posts: 5,343
    As I type this, there is a significant demonstration of ALL the new Audi of America product happening in Las Vegas (or near there anyway.)

The sales manager of our local Audi dealership a veteran of decades in the car biz, commented specifically about the new "mini-A6" (aka B8 A4), the new Q5 (and A5) and of course the R8 (steady.)

The characterization of the A4 as a mini-A6 really caught my ear (and eye) since my wonderful A6 is usually only occupied by me. On weekends we split the duties between the A6 and the X3 for my wife and me. Sometimes for lunch my car is the bus for four of us.

A slightly larger and more A6-like A4 is just what is needed if you asked me.

The new for '08 Cadillac CTS was starting to look pretty darn attractive -- now, if the A4 really is an updated mini-A6 (but more like 80%ish A6), that would be a sweet car, specially if something more potent than the 3.2, but less thirsty than the 4.2 were to magically appear under the hood. While I'm wishing, how 'bout the DSG transmission too, better voice command and the full MMI, rather than the MMI-like (or is that lite) in the current versions.

The Q5 supposedly can be had with a V8 -- interesting, that would make it in a class all by itself.

Much as I love my wife's X3, perhaps the Q5 could be attractive (the Q7 is jus' too damn big.) :surprise:
  • dhamiltondhamilton Member Posts: 878
    I've read it's getting a little longer. Hopefully not to big all around. Otherwise, any gains in power will be nullified by extra weight........yyuuuuuuuuuuuuuucckkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • wale_bate1wale_bate1 Member Posts: 1,982
    A larger A4?

No thanks. Everything gets supersized doesn't it?

It's pushing the envelope right now for tossable sedans/wagons as it is, IMO. I carry the the family (pretty Mrs., 13yo 02 and 11yo Jr.) on the occasional semi-local trip (1-2 hr) just fine in the IS300 wagon, and I ain't exactly small. My vote is if you really need more room, buy the 6. The fun factor on the 4 is diluted with every millimeter and gram added says I.

Grrr...

[rant off]
  • driver100driver100 Member Posts: 31,964
    I have a 2004 X3 that I like very much..however, I have one major problem that BMW can't fix. If the temperature is about 5 degrees below freezing my power windows don't work. Very embarassing when a Focus can get through the drive through alright and I have to open my door! It is a safety factor too, when you can't pay or reach the button for parking etc.

If the temperature is about 15 below zero the doors almost won't open...this worries me because some day I won't be able to get in.

The dealer says they make extra thick seals around the doors and windows and humid air freezes blah blah. They sprayed it but it doesn't help.
    If I get locked out or if I am in a bad mood it is going to get traded in.

I haven't decided on a sedan or a wagon, but my two favorites right now are an MB C Class and an Audi A4.
    Right now I am in Florida and have rented a Chryco 300 for 3 weeks. Although it is one of the better American cars I have rented, it is noisy and the steering is very sloppy.
    I definitely want a car with the Euro feel of the road and handling, though I don't care about excess speed and performance. I do appreciate great handling and the feeling of driving a well engineered safe car...with a bit of a fun element to it.
    Any thoughts?

2017 MB E400 , 2015 MB GLK350, 2014 MB C250

• rascal99rascal99 Member Posts: 54
    A larger A4? :surprise: No thanks. It is already borderline too big in its current state. A new 325 pulled next to me the other day and I was surprised how much bigger my A4 is.
  • byronwalterbyronwalter Member Posts: 220
    "...A slightly larger and more A6-like A4 is just what is needed if you asked me...."

It sounds like you are describing the A5, which as I'm sure you know, is expected to be sized between the A4 and A5... or an A4½ coupe. The A5 will debut in March at Geneva while the B8 A4 should appear late next fall (just guessing on the later).

I hope that the next gen A4 is not bigger than the B7 and that Audi manages to keep the weight down as well. I expect that during the ownership of my next car, gas mileage is going to be a more pressing issue.
    BTW, a pic of the new Audi A4 coupe is on the home page of www.audiworld.com Pics of the sedan have been floating around as well.
  • dficcodficco Member Posts: 12
    Hey all, just wondered if anyone knows if the 08 2.0T gets a torque and horsepower boost.
  • zmpzmp Member Posts: 24
    My new car had only 11 miles when I bought it last Tuesday. I test drove a different one (same model) and the performance, response and no turbo lag was what convienced me to buy that car. However, after they brought my car from the warehouse (I wanted a black one) and drove it home, I immediately noticed the huge turbo lag, no low end torque at all and engine noise. It was nothing compared to the one I test drove. It feels more like driving a VW 2.5. I took it back yesterday to the service dept., they inspected it again and said all was fine. That it was because of the break-in period and they assured it would feel just like the car I test drove in a few hundred miles. Do you think my car performance will improve after the break-in period? The test drive car had 70 miles on it, so I expected my car to perform the same way, that's why I didn't test drive it before buying it...my bad, I guess

What should I do? I really haven't been able to enjoy my car rides :(

Thanks so much.
    Well, I amconsidering trading in my 2004 BMW X3 2.5 automatic for a 2008 2.0 quattro manual. I tested it and thought it was great fun to drive. I was impressed with the quattro drive when the salesman can drive it half on to the gravel and back out on to the road at any speed. I am sure the X3 could handle it too, but this seemed to be even better.

Why would I trade at this time? The X3 has only 30,000 miles on it....but there is a a tax break if bought before the end of the year and I will be about 3/4's retired and won't need an SAV type of vehicle, and that supercharged 6 speed shifter is a helluva lot of fun.

So, my question is; Does this sound like a good move?

• dino001dino001 Member Posts: 6,162
    It's turbocharged, not supercharged - just small correction.

2018 430i Gran Coupe

Thanks for the information. I could be wrong but I am pretty sure the salesman said "supercharged". Is that why it is a 2.0T?

• shiposhipo Member Posts: 9,148
    Hmmm, well in the 1920s lexicon, the 2.0T would be considered "Supercharged" as it uses what was called at the time a "Turbocentrifugal Supercharger" (shortened to "Turbosupercharger" in the late 1920s) to affect boost, however, the modern usage is to delineate the two methods by giving them the distinct names of "Supercharger" and "Turbocharger".

FWIW, they are very different devices that use very different methods of boosting an engines' power. The "Super" uses engine power via a crank pully to spin the blower, the "Turbo" uses waste exhaust heat and pressure to spin a turbine which in turn spins a second turbine that acts as a blower.

Best Regards,
    Shipo
  • dino001dino001 Member Posts: 6,162
    I could be wrong but I am pretty sure the salesman said "supercharged"

That only shows how much (i.e. little) he knows about the product he sells. I heard so much simply dead wrong statements from sales people that I don't listed to them anymore when it comes to specs. They sometimes may know more about the feature content, but technical specs - not so much.

2018 430i Gran Coupe

• pistol_pete1pistol_pete1 Member Posts: 7
    Sure Audi A4 is a great looking car inside and out. But what about reliability? Is this car a money pit for those who own one?
    Audi = BMW = Lexus = Infinity
    Choose one. They are all expensive to repair. Just try to obtain as much unbiased information as you can and make a decision. If you ask on an internet message board you will most likely get biased information (i.e. opinions).
  • eurocarloveurocarlov Member Posts: 4
    Greetings! I am considering purchasing a 2006 Audi A4. The vehicle only has 24000 miles on it so it would still be well within the new vehicle warranty period. My question has two parts:

1.) Is the factory warranty transferrable to a new owner and if so, is there a cost involved?

2.) I understand that Audi had included maintenance for some time. While I realize that they have done away with this program, did the 2006 models include mainenance? If they did, is the maintenance plan transferrable to a new owner?

Thanks so much for your help!
  • r34r34 Member Posts: 178
    I got a 2006 CPO A4. I am not sure if the original warranty is transferrable but I knew that the CPO warranty is NOT transferrable.

The salesman told me Audi took the free maintenance away from 2007+ models. People can buy an AudiCare plan (like a prepaid scheduled maintenance plan - $590) for their new vehicles.

My 2006 still came with free scheduled maintenance (3 visits) during the original warranty period. I paid $690 for the scheduled maintenance during the CPO warranty period (another 3 visits). It will pay for itselfs after the 1st visit. I don't think the AudiCare is transferrable.
  • embeedueceembeeduece Member Posts: 260
    Hi, folks. I just purchased a previously owned '05 Audi and wanted to say hi. Had great experiences in my other car groups on Edmunds. Hopefully the same here. (Also hoping this is the correct general group!)

Best,
    Mike :shades:
  • mother_russiamother_russia Member Posts: 1
    I just got a used 2007 A4 2.0T and i was just looking for input on what kind of mods i could do to it that look good but arent too over the top. thanks
  • awesomebostonawesomeboston Member Posts: 1
    I have an 05 Audi A4 Quattro 2.0T and I am looking into throwing in a Cold air intake. Is there any CAI that anyone recommends and does it make a decent differnece in both sound and Pep? Thank you :)
  • mcmuneymcmuney Member Posts: 64
    I'm thinking of trading in my car, but I'm not sure what price I can expect. The price range for this car seems to be between $17K - $25K. What do you think I can get for it? The specs are below:

2005.5 3.2L Sedan Quattro (2006 body style)
    Black Exterior
    Gray Interior
    50K Miles
    Fully Loaded (includes Sports Package, Navigation System, Sunroof, Dual Power Seats (heated front and rear seats), Adjusting Bi-Xenon Headlights, Wood Trim, Rain Sensors, (only thing missing is power rear shades))
    Looks Brand New
    No Mechanical Problems
  • embeedueceembeeduece Member Posts: 260
    Just had my first major out of pocket expense on my 2005 A4 Quattro. Blew the clutch out. There are a lot of variables (and I have searched this discussion) but I'd be curious to hear others estimate a reasonable cost. At the Audi service center, and with parts / labor / etc. Thanks!! :sick:
  • betsyrunsbetsyruns Member Posts: 1
    DON'T!!!!!!!!!!
    Don't buy this car, you will be sorry.
This discussion has been closed.