Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

4-Wheel Drive vs. 2-Wheel Drive Trucks

124»

Comments

• bamatundrabamatundra Member Posts: 1,583
    "All trucks manufactured after 1/00 have
    been corrected for the vibes....that means a truck
    bought today will NOT share the problems of the
    first model year."

What about this? It seems that you were mistaken:

#514 of 515: RICSH #494 (xbbuster) Tue 18 Jul '00 (08:11 PM)

I have a '00 2WD ext. cab built 5/19/00. This was
    supposedly after the fix was being installed at the
    assembly plant. It has all the shakes, bounces,
    vibrations that the earlier trucks have, including
    the 30-40mph vibration. After reading all of the
    posts about what seems to the same problem, it
    appears that GM and most of their dealers are
    stonewalling and BSing the truck buyers that put
    their 30 grand down on what they thought was going
    to be the best pick-up they had ever bought. They
    won't fix this problem because it would cost GM too
    much. They're trying to wear down those that are
    complaining hoping they will give up and go away.
    That is how they are solving the vibration problem
    on the '99, '00 and probably the '01 Silverados
    2WD trucks.
  • quadrunner500quadrunner500 Member Posts: 2,721
    Why don't you stop sounding like an unhappy, small truck/import owner, and just buy a full size truck? The Silverado owners don't complain about them nearly so much as you do, and you don't even have one, although you I'm sure you wish you did!
  • mgdvhmanmgdvhman Member Posts: 4,157
    Batman...what do you drive anyway?

I was indicating that my 6.0..aka bigger does not have problems..usually bigger engines require more octane....as do high compression ones..

How old are you anyway?

- Tim
    wouldn't you think Tiny should refer to a tundra fan?..great..now you are talking to yourself..guess nobody else will listen?

- Tim
    Just the facts Ma'am.

You get so defensive when I post some facts about your truck. The next thing is to attack the poster and try to change the issue from trucks to the poster. I will not join your private flamewar.

"People in glass houses..." Oby posted: "Previous experience with Fords...we've all had them...and I don't doubt that Toyota makes a good truck...just with a small V8 with lousy gas mileage...especially with gas
    prices today...Good luck!!"

Hmmm. Now Oby is complaining because I posted negative Chevy info. You can't have your cake and eat it too. (Is this too many cliches for one post?)

When you want to talk trucks, let me know.
    ..is batman for real?....doesn't even know he is the one to laugh at here..

At least we have facts

man how this guy twists things around?

- Tim
  • obyoneobyone Member Posts: 7,841
    rants and raves about how lousy chevy is...and gets more off topic when someone says they are going to buy one. Reminds me of that guy...the Toxic Crusader from The Class of Nukem High....LOL...BTW, this is not a personal attack, just an association of styles.

Bama, I noticed that you love to cut and paste. That sure takes a lot of time...hmm maybe you should be out enjoying your truck instead of arguin a losing battle. It sure doesn't make sense to me. In your last statement you said when I was ready to talk trucks...exactly what trucks are we suppose to talk about? You got yours and I got mine and I've posted before that I really don't care about Toyotas so in actuality there is nothing for us to discuss unless you want to get into the finer points of whose truck outsells whose....nah, don't waste your time....Later

Dean
    even have a truck

- Tim
  • jcmdiejcmdie Member Posts: 594
    He doesn't. He has a Tundra.
  • quadrunner500quadrunner500 Member Posts: 2,721
    (LOL!)
    Does anyone here want to post about trucks? I guess the Chevy is so weak when it comes to reliability that Chevy owners keep wanting to change the subject. Oh well.
    you may begin at anytime....I don't think anyone is trying to stop you...not even Meredith...so go for it!
    must be multi-personality or something?...cuz he is sure not seeing the point here...he loses the debate...so he turns to name calling....that blows up in his face...now he just wants to cry for his mommy and have us talk trucks cuz he can't win at anything..

WAHHHHHH

...cuz the truth of the matter be that them yuppys be thinkin' the tundra is full size....truth is..Tundra = Less truck for more buck..Good luck on this one now!

- RubeTim
  • superjim2000superjim2000 Member Posts: 314
    LOL
    Oh, never mind - it was just Tiny.

Now on the truck subject. Why do you think that Consumer Reports would give Chevy Silverado a -90% reliability prediction.

Is it all the advertising that Toyota does with them?... Doh!

Could it be that they are picking on Chevy? ... Doh!

Maybe it could be that Chevy is trying out their new designs on the unsuspecting consumer. What do you think?
    How do you calculate a -90%? I'm not quite sure how CR derived the numbers. Where can I find this info? This -90% is a reliability prediction? Let the evidence speak for itself....
    you realy do like them comic books don't ya?

I feel sorry for you in a way.

- Tim
  • tsugatsuga Member Posts: 13
    '91 4.3 4wd W/T Chev. N.C. northwest mountains 126,500 miles. Haul green firewood (bed full), hay, straw, pull strawblower, lawn care equipment. Do not race or pull gooseneck. Not much repair other than battery, alternator, etc. Those who NEED 8 cyl. either do serious hauling on regular basis or have too much testosterone.

My $ .02
  • bhob69bhob69 Member Posts: 1
    Would having 4wd help a truck during a rainstorm or after a rainstorm?
    I would imagine it would help somewhat, but is it worth it? My bro-in-law has a 2wd SUV and he almost lost control of it after a rainstorm(accel. from a stand still). A friend of mine has a new F-150 and is waiting to try it out in the snow, and hasn't heard the tires 'chirp' after a rainstorm. I guess a limited slip would help somewhat but would it really?
  • meredithmeredith Member Posts: 575
    After 30 or more days of inactivity....

this topic is being "frozen." It will be archived or deleted in the next 10 days or so.

Front Porch Philosopher
    SUV, Pickups, & Aftermarket and Accessories Host
This discussion has been closed.