Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chronic Car Buyers Anonymous

Comments

• qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,891
    well, considering the history report shows over 50k when it was 5 years old, I have to assume the mileage is not accurate. Question is what is the real mileage? Maybe its just some bad pixels and its 80-something thousand. NO idea.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• xwesxxwesx Member Posts: 16,761
    edited October 2012
    Hahhahaha; that's hilarious (from an innocent bystander's perspective)! I didn't notice that little faux pas, I was only looking at the description tab.

You can't roll back time, but apparently you can roll back miles. :P

If it's close to your work, there's an easy way to find out!
    2018 Subaru Crosstrek, 2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2013 Subaru Forester, 1969 Chevrolet C20, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250
  • oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,562
    "...odometer checks out..."

58k in 1993 but 33k in 2011? That's strange. Could it be a typo in 1993? Or maybe a replaced odometer which would make it a true milage unknown. Are you sure it isn't 133k? My 1988 van has 128k which is pretty close to that. It's on it's second engine and is rusted all to hell. Consider that.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,312
    Back in 1992 I almost bought that car's twin. That's a great combo. The M30 does need the occasional valve adjustment, but it is bulletproof.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

• breldbreld Member Posts: 6,698
    Had the day off while some folks were working on our house, so I went over to a nearby BMW dealer and checked this out:

'11 335i xDrive, manual w/M-sport package. CPO w/16k miles.

Actually made an offer on it and we were about a grand off, but I just wasn't sure if I wanted to spend that kind of money on an E90 - while this one is pretty rare, there are so many other examples out there that would be less expensive. So I walked, but have been thinking about it all night.

Still like the X1 quite a bit - has the feel of the E90, but with a bit more practical package (and cheaper). But would prefer to wait until they're available as CPO.

And really would like this - I love the color and this new M-sport "line" on the new 3'er.

But pretty pricey - and no manual on the 328i xDrive yet.

Have a great weekend all!

2024 Audi Q8 e-tron - 2024 Corvette - 2024 BMW X5 - 2023 Tesla Model Y

• Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,953
    That's a beautiful blue one...stunning really! Too rich for my blood but if I win lotto tonite...maybe.

The Sandman :) :sick: :shades:

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• akanglakangl Member Posts: 3,281
    To just stay in bed and leave the truck in the garage. Went out today to run errands, started out wonderful, was a beautiful day, sunny and crisp. Stopped by Starbucks for my favorite caramel macchiato.......turned out to be a pretty darn expensive coffee.

While I was inside, I don't use the drive thru with the diesel since I have to shut it off to order, a girl (18 year old) driving a minivan delivering flowers hit my truck while backing out of the parking space next to it. At least the girl came inside and asked who owned the GMC Sierra, then owned up to what she did, I had to respect her for that. Sadly it looks like she will lose her job, I did talk to the owner about maybe finding her another position since things do happen.

At first the damage looked fairly minor, but after going to the body shop for an estimate to drop off at the flower shop it turned out the damage was a bit more. Since the tire is ok (had it checked at the tire shop) that dropped the estimate from $2065 to $1813.

I am sad since my 2007 Sierra has never had any paint work and now it will have to have some along with body work. No matter what, can't take that back. :sick:
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,373
    Breld - you had an E90 before & this beautiful example is the pinnacle (for us xi drivers at least). Maybe go in on Tuesday (end of the month) & you'll get your $1000 just so they can move the unit. You won't regret it. 16K is still "brand new." I'm curious as to what they're asking for it. A friend of mine recently picked up a "program car," E90 335i (Sport, Manual, Non CPO) for $37K w/ 7000 miles. This was in South Fla, obviously a much different market than Colorado.

That F30 Sport Line is beautiful, but I'd be let down by its electric power steering.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

Jolie - I know you are bummed about your Sierra getting hit, but "look at the bright side." You didn't get hurt & the young delivery driver did come in to get you (as opposed to just driving off). Your truck will get fixed. Hopefully you'll find a body shop that can match paint better than the one who fixed your Pilot. Otherwise ther'll be a new member of the family in the garage just in time for thanksgiving.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665
    edited October 2012
    At the urging of some of our brethren over at Stories From the Sales Front Line. 200K miles. No leakey....no smokey (so far). Good shoes with about 20K miles on them. 50K miles on the timing belt. Trans hits the gear changes a little hard, but hoping it may be normal because the ratios are spaced so wide? A/C blows cold. Heater blows hot. It starts right up and there are no untoward noises under the hood. Brakes "seem" OK...firm, no shudder or squeaking. Just had the front end aligned and the tires rotated balanced. Rust on both rear 1/4s and doors.

Don't need the car, but there's not a car I've ever bought that I needed.

$1,000

2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
    nyccarguy - thanks for the input.

Yeah, this is the kind of E90 we were looking for earlier in the year and couldn't find anything like it, so this is a nice find. One thing I noticed after some research last night is that it actually doesn't have the M-sport package - it does have the sport package and the original owner must've added the wheels and "M" style short shifter. It's still just as appealing to me, but it does change the value by about a $1k, so now I definitely wouldn't budge on my offer.

It's a bit tricky to pin down exactly what they want for the car, since I have a trade involved - on paper they had the 335xi at $40,500 and my trade at $35,500. But based on what I know, that trade is overvalued by at least $1,500, so I think the straight price they're shooting for on the 3 is about $39k. They had it listed for $44k, which was a bit ridiculous.

But yes, the condition of the car with only the 16k miles is perfect. So a lot of money, but brand new, that 335xi was a bit north of $50k.

That F30 Sport Line is beautiful, but I'd be let down by its electric power steering.

Is that what it is? I drove the F30 just after that E90 and commented to the salesperson how much "lighter" the steering felt.

But you're right, the F30 stirs my emotions from an aesthetic perspective, and I like the extra room offered over the E90. But there's definitely a different feel in the drive. I figure that's why I like that X1 too.

But you're right, the F30 stirs my emotions from an aesthetic perspective, and I like the extra room offered over the E90. But there's definitely a different feel in the drive. I figure that's why I like that X1 too.

I prefer the F30's styling, but I MUCH prefer the E90 when I'm behind the wheel. The xDrive X1s have hydraulic steering assist, but Car and Driver noted that the electric rack in the sDrive X1 isn't all that bad:

...the steering precision and weighting are very good, even on the rear-drive model that uses an electrically assisted rack.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200
    Just got rid of my CDV, today.... Nice improvement... :)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

I know you are bummed about your Sierra getting hit, but "look at the bright side." You didn't get hurt & the young delivery driver did come in to get you (as opposed to just driving off). Your truck will get fixed. Hopefully you'll find a body shop that can match paint better than the one who fixed your Pilot. Otherwise ther'll be a new member of the family in the garage just in time for thanksgiving.

I agree that I am lucky that she came and got me, I thanked her several times for that. The owner of the business is a very nice lady and although it sounds like the girl will lose her job I did try to encourage her to find the girl another position in the company.

I plan on using the same body shop that did the work on the Pilot, one because I don't know any other even 1/2 way decent shop in this area and two, it would be hard to screw up the paint on a non-metallic black truck.

Looking at the pictures of the damage I took yesterday I really expected the estimate to be around $800, but I didn't see where the rear panel was buckled under.
    Pictures:

This one is the one that looks the most minor but did the most damage, it buckled the panel under, it's very noticeable from the rear of the truck:

Her van:
  • andres3andres3 Member Posts: 13,729
    edited October 2012
    That's funny you mention that story. It involves Starbucks and an accident, which recently came up with with me taking advantage of an Audi dealerships offer to have them appraise my '06 Audi A3 and I get a $10 Starbucks giftcard. I was in the neighborhood and had some free time, so I went for it.

They said my car had a Carfax accident on it (must of been from a very minor rear fender bender back bumper hit from the La Mesa PD Harley rider/driver), and it was a $667 repair on an Audi back bumper). Simply due to that very minor accident he lowered his initial ultra lowball offer by another 1/7th, or from $7K down to $6K.

BEWARE of diminished value, it is VERY real on any repair work, even MINOR repair work.
    '15 Audi Misano Red Pearl S4, '16 Audi TTS Daytona Gray Pearl, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion
  • 28firefighter28firefighter Member Posts: 9,333
    Akangl - Sorry to hear about your truck. Quickly takes away the "like new" feeling it may still have had. Really nice of you though to try and save the girl's job, since stuff does happen.

Roadburner - proud owner of a Z3, yet?
    2022 Tesla Model Y Performance, 2018 BMW M240i Convertible
    Akangl - Sorry to hear about your truck. Quickly takes away the "like new" feeling it may still have had. Really nice of you though to try and save the girl's job, since stuff does happen.

I did something very similar when I was her age, so yeah stuff happens. Someone stuck up for me and saved my job, so I was trying to do the same.

As for the truck, I'm sad it's damaged but it will be repaired and stay in the stable. Can't imagine trading it in, just too good of a truck. Although I do think I will keep Chippy far away from minivans, I seem to have issues with them!
    edited October 2012
    In the Focus today, the good, the bad, and the ugly.

First time I've driven the car more than just a few miles so I figured I'd share my thoughts on it.

The Good:

Very pleasant, quiet, holds the road very well even with winter tires. Absorbs bumps amazingly well, and believe me some of the bumps and heaves in the road today were something else. Sport seats were very comfortable even for my touchy back, seating position was very good, nearly as comfortable as my truck. Heated cloth seats were great on the 10 degree morning.

The Bad:

Very twitchy, sensitive steering, hard to get used to, I'm sure I could have passed for an impaired driver a few times. Also has a touchy throttle, I found it hard to keep the speed consistent without using cruise control, especially through the mountains. Brakes are really easy to hit too hard without realizing it.

The Ugly:

WEAK HEADLIGHTS!!!! When will carmakers figure out that in order to drive the car ya have to be able to see where you are going. I don't know how many times I'd dim the lights for oncoming traffic, then turn the brights on and try to turn them on again. Got close enough to one moose before I saw her that I could have leaned out and kissed her butt.

Oh and the Focus bagged its first critter today......a poor grouse that tried to get out of the way, he didn't make it. Car-1 Grouse-0
  • stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,439
    the twitchy steering seems to be a "feature" of the new EPS. I find our RDX to be the same way, need constant corrections so it seems darty.

the other things (brakes) could just be a learning curve, since they are different than what you are used to.

lights? that you can do something about. Upgrade the bulbs, or if I drove where you take that thing, I would add some moose spotting (er, driving) lights.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• corvettecorvette Member Posts: 10,236
    If there was no paintwork on the metal, the Carfax is the only thing affecting the value (it's hard to detect a good repair on a plastic part, since the paint thickness gauges don't work on plastic). Once a car gets in the $5-10,000 price range, I don't think it matters as much, either. Sounds like the dealer was looking for a reason to lowball you.
    the twitchy steering seems to be a "feature" of the new EPS. I find our RDX to be the same way, need constant corrections so it seems darty.

the other things (brakes) could just be a learning curve, since they are different than what you are used to.

lights? that you can do something about. Upgrade the bulbs, or if I drove where you take that thing, I would add some moose spotting (er, driving) lights.

I agree on the steering, I'm just used to good old fashioned power steering on a 3/4 ton truck. The brakes is the same issue, two totally different vehicles.

As for the lights, the plan is to put a roof rack on in the wintertime and add this bad boy with a disconnect so it can all come off in the summer.

...any chronic washing machine buyers out there? I think mine is getting ready to bite the dust (and, after only 14 years!).

My wife wants another top-loader. Wondering if anyone has experience or recommendations on the new high-efficiency models (without agitators)?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Just realized that somebody keyed the right side of my wife's Pilot. Front & rear 1/4 panels. They spared the 2 doors apparently. I know it's just a car, but AAAAAAARGH!

• berriberri Member Posts: 10,165
    A few years back we bought a Whirlpool Cabrio and had a lot of problems with it. I don't usually buy extended warranties, but because it as relatively new technology at the time and was expensive, I did. After several years of having to repair it, Best Buy replaced it a year ago. The new one seems better and I believe sells for several hundred less as well. Make sure you use HE detergent though.
    thankfully (knocking on wood here) we don't go through many. Actually only on my 2nd since we bought our 1st house in 1990. Moved those to the current house, and a while ago we replaced them with a set of Maytag front loaders, back when they were still a bit of a novelty (maybe 2002?). Overall they have been fine, but obviously brands have changed since them.

One thing that is neat, but honestly I am not sure of the practical difference, is they now have top loaders without agitators.

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited October 2012
    Easier to load I think. Probably a bit simpler to work on too.

Bummer about the Pilot, NYC.
    Just realized that somebody keyed the right side of my wife's Pilot. Front & rear 1/4 panels. They spared the 2 doors apparently. I know it's just a car, but AAAAAAARGH!

That's horrible, maybe it's not too deep and can be buffed out? Sometimes people just suck!
    ...any chronic washing machine buyers out there? I think mine is getting ready to bite the dust (and, after only 14 years!).

Ha, that's one thing I am NOT, I think our set is around 12-15 years old, not sure really. We bought them new when the previous set (20+ yrs old, bought used) finally died.

I'm the type that won't even buy electronics unless I have to, our first tv lasted 15 years, the last 5 were spent having to smack it to get it to work. When it died I bought another one off CL for $20, then a friend gave me one not too long ago. Our surround sound system is 11 years old and works when it wants to, but hey it works! My computer is 6-7 years old I think, lol. Now if I could only have that mentality with cars.
    Thanks for your concern Jolie & Steve. You know how it goes. Deep enough to drive me up the wall, but not deep enough to warrant spending money to fix.

edited October 2012
    It's funny, but the dings I put in my own cars don't bug me much at all. My original outside mirror got whacked bad years ago when I dropped a canoe on it and I held it together with JB Weld for years. That was fine, obvious crack and repair job and all.

One year some guy in a truck (I think) tagged it with his mirror in a parking lot in CA and it was hanging by the wiring when we got back to the lot. Another time a garage decided to treat me to a car wash and that ripped it off. Those two bangs irritated me more than my own original damage. Finally got a cheapo from RockAuto after about six glue jobs.
    they now have top loaders without agitators.

Yeah.. those are the high-efficiency models that berri was referring to...

I'm pretty sure that is the way we are going... We buy washers so seldom, that I really don't know which way to go on brands... My mother bought a Maytag in 1964, that became mine, and that I sold in 1987 when I moved out of town for $50! Our next two washers came with the houses we purchased in 1989 and 1992... and, were sold to the next purchasers...

The only one we went out and purchased was when we built this house in 1998... Maytag set... while the dryer has been perfect, the washer has not been all that great, from a reliability standpoint , though it is still here after 14 years...

Seems like Maytag, Whirlpool, GE and LG are the major brands now... hard to know if any are better than the other.. Anyone have an on-line subscription to Consumer Reports? lol

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

A 1934 Maytag came with the house; plugged it in last summer and it started right up. It's sitting out in the garage if you want it. :shades:
    Death is too lenient a punishment for scum like that.

We have a GE HE front loader and matching washer. I think they are @5-7 years old. No issues whatsoever...

It sold this weekend. To make the deal work I didn't want to spend over $9k OTD, and the dealer was asking $10,900. No big deal, but now I'll keep an eye out for another low mileage 3er or Z from that era.

• graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665
    edited October 2012
    Walt.....had to replace my 15 year old Whirlpools about 2-3 years ago. Happened right around Thanksgiving. Ended up with the LG Waveforce (GF's choice). I think it's their top of the line. Washer is a top loader with one of those teeny stubby agitators. It doesn't use much water and gets clothes really clean. At the time, retailers were still hurting from the economic meltdown. I think I paid $1,200 for the washer dryer pair based on some price matching (I went back and forth between HH Gregg and BB a couple of times) and great sales, at the time. I think I actually purchased them on Black Friday.

I see the same ones today on sale today for about $1,600-$1,800.

They are built like tanks, surprisingly given most appliance manufacturers seem to try to "cheapen" their appliances instead of making them sturdier.

NYC....I hate when people key someone's car....especially if it were mine. Wait until spring and see if you can get some compound and buff it out.

RB....that was a nice Z3. I thought someone would eventually snatch it up. BTW, have you ever perused these guys, enthusiastauto.com ?

They do nothing but BMWs. I pass their lot fairly often. Stopped in a couple of times just to chat and to see what they carry. They ship all over the country. Their cars are really nice, too. They say they only buy the best used BMWs they can find. They're also BMW certified to provide maintenance. So, they send out their cars in top shape when they sell one. The BMW locals swear by them.
    2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
  • corvettecorvette Member Posts: 10,236
    Oh, boy... My mom is the same way, except she wants another top loader *with* an agitator (i.e., not a high efficiency model).

When I bought my house in 2007, I bought the cheapest top loader and dryer that Lowe's had, and they worked fine. When a great-aunt moved into assisted living around 2009, I got her older front-load washer and dryer and sold my almost-new ones. It seemed crazy at the time to get rid of a newer appliance for an older one, but it's worked out fine so far, and it freed up a bunch of room in my laundry area. The water savings is minimal, since I only run a couple of loads per week.
  • michaellnomichaellno Member Posts: 4,120
    We just bought a Maytag Centennial a few months ago. Top loader, no agitator. Seems to work OK - since I work from home, I do most of the laundry.

nyc - sorry about the Pilot. I know the feeling when that first scratch appears, whether by intent or by accident.

ak - good on you to help that girl keep her job. It was a stand up thing for her to come seek you out in the first place.

breld - nice BMW (the white one)

We spent the weekend in Alamosa, about 200 miles from our hometown. Wife had to do some interviews for her Masters program, so we made a weekend of it.

Reset the MPG indicator for the drive home. First 75 miles was 65 MPH 2 lane US highway with a 9600 foot pass. The rest was 75 MPH interstate.

MPG in the CX-7 (rated 17/23) was about 25-26 for the trip.
    Regarding washers, I'm not much of a warranty person, but with some of these newer appliances, I think it's sometimes worth it. Particularly washers and dryers truly "aren't built like they used to be." We bought some Kenmores last year and are really happy with them (they're front loaders though).

The white 335xi sold already - not surprised. And even a little relieved, as I think I'd be strongly considering going for it today, and didn't really want to make that decision yet. I spent much of the weekend "building" F30's on bmw's website. :P

nyc - the scratches on your Pilot make me think of that scene in Pulp Fiction when John Travolta's character talks of what he'd do if he could've caught the guy. :)

Thought I'd get some insight from some of you who know a lot more about Volvos than I do.

My brother is getting serious about replacing his 8 year-old 4Runner and has gravitated toward a wagon this time around.

He was real hot on the Allroad, but has been thinking about waiting for the new 3-series wagon. This weekend he and I went and looked at the Volvo XC70, and we were pleasantly surprised at how much we liked it. Quite a bit different in character than the Audi and BMW, but from a functional perspective, the Volvo really fits his needs well - I'd say it "mimics" his SUV better than the other wagons, which offer more of a sporting flair.

He has no kids, so the backseat room is not all that important, but he's an avid bike rider, so he needs to be able to get his bike (and maybe a second) into the cargo area at times when he can't use the roof rack (he has bikes that literally cost more than some of our cars).

Any thoughts on the XC70 or things to worry about with it? He's looking at the "T6" model.

BTW, the salesperson was really cool to speak with - he's a serious Volvo driver who is approaching 400k miles on his own Volvo (240 I think he said?).

• fezofezo Member Posts: 10,384
    We had a better than 20 year old Kenmore traditional top loader. When it finally dies we got a GE front loader that took a major repair in the first couple of years and another couple after that was declared dead, We now have a no agitator top load Samsung that I just love.
    2015 Mazda 6 Grand Touring, 2014 Mazda 3 Sport Hatchback, 1999 Mazda Miata 2004 Toyota Camry LE, 1999.
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,891
    I really can't help ya with the new ones. Sorry.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

Yes, I've looked at Enthusiast Auto; they are a bit pricey for what I am looking at right now.When I'm through with all my work travel(in @2.5 years) I may buy something from their inventory.

• xwesxxwesx Member Posts: 16,761
    edited October 2012
    the scratches on your Pilot make me think of that scene in Pulp Fiction when John Travolta's character talks of what he'd do if he could've caught the guy.

Hahaha; no kidding!

Someone keyed my '69 C20 a few weeks after I got it up and running, and I was just glad I didn't catch the person. I'm not sure if that would have qualified for temporary insanity when I went on trial! :P

Honestly, I think I know who did it even to this day, but he denied any wrongdoing (of course) at the time, and I took pity on him by giving him the benefit of the doubt. Sometimes I'm too nice, I think. It still angers me fifteen years later when I see those gouges. :mad:
    2018 Subaru Crosstrek, 2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2013 Subaru Forester, 1969 Chevrolet C20, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250
    edited October 2012
    they are nice. The T6 is going to be thirsty though.

one good feature is that it sits a bit lower, and the cargo area is squarer, so I bet it will be a lot easier to get a bike in.

super nice interior, and great seats.

The other obvious option would be a new Outback. I really liked that when we were looking, and would have been fine with that over the RDX.

That T6 was brawny - lots of grunt. Definitely thirstier than the 4-cyl engines in the BMW and Audi, but coming from a 4Runner (V6), at least he wouldnt' be stepping backwards.

He's so torn, 'cause the Volvo dealer has the exact color and configuration available right now, so he could pick it up today. And though he's kept his current ride for 8 years, we do share the same blood - so now that he's started this process, he's become absolutely obsessed with the search and wanting to purchase a car.

But, he is really drawn to the BMW and is trying to wait it out for the wagon availability. Or this morning he said he is reconsidering the X3.

We'll see.

Thanks for all the feedback...

Let's see... so far, LG, Samsung, Whirlpool, Maytag and GE.... shewwww...
    :)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• michaellnomichaellno Member Posts: 4,120
    Let's see... so far, LG, Samsung, Whirlpool, Maytag and GE.... shewwww...

FWIW, I found the Maytag at Lowe's and the wife approved of it. We only needed a dryer, but she insisted we get both.

Also got 0% for 6 months from Lowe's.