Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Scion tC Problems and Solutions

Comments

• johnnyringojohnnyringo Member Posts: 31
    I just took a 2400 mile round trip from Wisconson to Texas last week in the good ole' tC. I had an O2 sensor go out on the way. Once I arrived in Austin I stopped at the first Toyota/Scion dealer I found (Classic Toyota of Round Rock) and with out any questions they fixed it under waranty. It was awsome... that is the first positive expierence I have ever had trying to get something taken care of under waranty for any car... and I have owned many cars.

I have almost 7k miles on my tC and I haven't had any of the rattling or creaking that everyone keeps talking about. Other than the O2 sensor going out I have had no problems with my scion.
  • goosegoose Member Posts: 77
    What $380.00 system upgrade are you talking about? The Bazooka advertised price is $449.00. :confuse:
  • goosegoose Member Posts: 77
    Stickguy, I just spoke with the Scion folks. The Scion audio upgrades do not include mid speaker upgrades. The price for the sub alone is $440.00. The dealer you are working with is using some other equipment provider for its upgrade. They might be misinformed. :surprise:

One question for you. Do the 18" wheels add more road noise than the 17" wheels? I assume that you bought the 18" wheels from the dealer.
  • designdesign Member Posts: 10
    Well my post was taken down because of the Ebay link for my auctions, sorry about that. I'm putting the link for my car up since that's no problem. My dealer hooked me up with lots of things to begin without charging me much. I first drove out of the dealer with carbon fiber a little bit everywhere on the car, the dash, the doors, the trunk, free of charge (the kit sells for around $100), and although i paid extra for the 18" rims w/ Pirelli's Nero Zero, they gave me the 17" rims that were original to the car so i'll make up some of my money reselling those. I don't think my tires make a lot of noise at all, I'm not sure what the complaint is all about. MY dealer will also install, for $380, 4 brand new JBL mids for the doors, and the Bazooka sub. I imagine I will have some fee for manual labor, but they will not charge for installing the Dynamat insulation I purchased for the doors.

My car
    oh... i found my previous post... here it is WITHOUT the forbidden links...

I am now going on 4,000 miles and have not had much problems with my car, nothing to be disappointed with. I have now scratched each of my 18" rims and next time I go to the dealer, I will ask the stupid question of whether that is covered by the warranty; it is bound to happen especially with these Miami roads. The popping sound everyone is saying that comes from the roof seems to happen to me when I come out of my parking lot at a down angle. When I pull out, the tires are at a very uneven level and I hear a slight popping sound which must be due to body flexing and should be what everyone is talking about. One biggie that just happened lately is that I hit this really nasty road hazard and I think it caused my engine cover to come loose! I noticed my car made a weird noise when starting up, looking under the car I could see and hear a big solid black piece and a tube just rattling badly. I thought it might have been the Borla Exhaust breaking in but I wanted to be sure. I found out at the dealer that the engine cover indeed came loose and the repair took 20 mins, covered under warranty. Still not sure if the road hazard caused that, they didn't mention any damage. Other than that, I will be upgrading the sound system in the next few weeks since I recently found out the $380 system upgrade not only includes the amp and sub, but ALSO, 4 JBL mids!!! That is plenty good clean sound for me. Unfortunately I did go ahead and buy a pricey amp and capacitor which I am now selling under-priced.
  • gtwgtw Member Posts: 46
    11K on the white tC and only problem so far has been with the CD player. It was replaced under warranty.
  • autozonerdudeautozonerdude Member Posts: 1
    i just got my tC about two months ago and i have also had that rattling in the back, but i have two 10"s 400 watts RMS each so most of the time i don't even hear it bit when i don't have my radio turned up it does get kind of annoying. does anyone know how to fix it?
  • stephvalstephval Member Posts: 1
    Every time I try to plug in my FM transmitter It blows the fuses in both the cigarette lighter and the Accessory outlet. In return it blows my floresents under the dash board and cup holders. Please Help me!!! The dealership I go to has never run into this problem. :confuse:
  • mark19mark19 Member Posts: 123
    greekguy78.. you're not alone in your brake pedal clicking.. I had it on my tC as well.. made the dealer replace the brake light switch that is connected at the top of the brake pedal.. then they had to adjust it up correctly (for the brake lights to come on when you touch the brake pedal).. that's where your noise is coming from.. have them replace it.. looks like a bad batch of brake light switches out there.. let us know how it goes...
  • jitutcjitutc Member Posts: 3
    Hey I just bought a tC in April and it's also a 5-spd. I agree with you on the rev part when you clutch down to shift. Now I am noticing that when I shift, I hear the stick grinding...and it's not as smooth as it was before...it actually started doing that just 2 days ago.
    My tC is only 2 months old and I am noticing that my shifting is not as smooth as it was and I started noticing this like 2 days ago and sometimes when I try to back out of my driveway, I have a hard time putting the gear in "R"...putting in 1st and then R seems to help. As for grinding, it feels like the stick doesnt have any lubes left...anyone experience this or all 5 speed do that after a while? I have driven other 5-spds but none my own except this tC. I really like this car but the revs between shifts and the grinding is a big turnoff =/
  • stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,507
    I actually don't really notice the rev holding issue anymore. Not sure if it went away, or I got used/adapted to it so much that it no longer registers. I will pay attention tomorrow to see.

And, the tranny should not grind. That I would have looked at. I assue you are depressing the clutch all the way of course.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

Oh yeah, I even moved my seat as far in as I possibly can so I can drepress the clutch all the way in. The grinding I described is actually more like the ball bearings rubbing together but before it wasnt noticeable...you know when you first start out the car and you shift into first and its almost always a fluid motion and no rubbing or grinding ...dont even hear anything. Thats how it was with all the gears but now I shift to 2nd and third and they feel notchy you know what I mean? Well, I am calling the dealership today and going to have the car checked out either fri or sat. I will keep you guys informed of this annoyance.
  • no_clutchno_clutch Member Posts: 1
    I just bought my tC in mid May when just yesterday I noticed that the low tire pressure light went on. I check the handbook as to what I should do! It instructed me to make sure that the tire pressure on all tires were the same and at the right capacity. So I did, still the light is there! What should I do now?
  • gtwgtw Member Posts: 46
    reset the light by pushing the button inside the glove box. See owners manual if you dont see the button
  • mic813mic813 Member Posts: 5
    I am not very experieced with how warranty's work. Lats Friday hot a HUGE pothole with my 3 month old tC. Needleed to say got a flat on 95 in the rain. Fun times. Turns out I need a new tire and a new rim at the bargain price of $589. Since I have no idea what warranty's actually cover I am coming here to as. Any help/info??????
  • capriracercapriracer Member Posts: 907
    The tire warranty covers the tire for manufacturing stuff, so unless you think hitting a pothole has something to do with tire manufacturing.......................
  • iluvmysephia1iluvmysephia1 Member Posts: 7,704
    you get an 'A' for effort. I don't yet own a Scion, but those of you who do best call that number if you feel strongly about the rattling. There is strength in numbers complaining. That could spark a TSB and facilitate the fix-it process for everyone involved-even the tech.'s who will be involved in fixing the problem.

2021 Kia Soul LX 6-speed stick

• osu1298gradosu1298grad Member Posts: 22
    Thanks for the link rickety, that was very resourceful. :)

Houston we have a problem...

Is it logical to assume that Toyota "changed" the SSM and IIP colors for '06 in an attempt to address the rumored paint/clearcoat issue without admitting guilt? I was set to take delivery on my '05 SSM I waited 5 weeks for when info was released on the '06 in late May. I started to have second thoughts and my dealer graciously let me order an '06 instead, but in the new Classic Silver Metallic. My conservative nature is betting the issues will still exist on the new colors.

Seeking advice from all interested parties...

I am seriously considering having the 3M clear bra installed or visiting a body shop to apply "additional" clearcoat when I get my '06 in less than two weeks. Supposedly most dealers do not have touch-up paint which makes absolutely NO sense to me... why and how?!?!? Which of these two options would you choose and why? Any approximate figures as to how much either of these might cost?? FYI - I am looking to have the clear bra professionally installed... I'm not that perfect!! :P

It baffles me that I have to take such measures so early, I would not expect that from a Toyota product... their "overall" quality is what convinced me to go with a tC rather than a Mazda3. It's just disappointing I have to address a quality issue before I even have the car. My Civic's paint/clearcoat has been near perfect... only a few chips in eight years, and it has had its share of highway mileage! I just now bought touch-up paint from the dealership to take care of those few blemishes before I trade it in.

Any advice is appreciated, thank you in advance. :)

osu1298grad
    I don't know, but I have also considered getting a clear applique to the front of my xA RS 2.0, if I get one. So far I have not picked up anywhere on the web anyone having paint issues with their xA RS 1.0 or 2.0 models. Still, chips out of the front end are downright obnoxious, no matter what kind of car you drive, truedat?

So I would like to research whether or not buying a 3M clear bra makes enough sense to actually do it. How much is it? I just love that blue color on the RS 2.0 and would really be irritated if white chips started appearing on the bumper and hood in the front. That area is the one that takes the worst beating in everyday travels anyway Might be a very good idea to get a bra up there, or have a professional put some 3M protectant material on up in front.

What'd'y'all think about this idea? :)

• aeroluvraeroluvr Member Posts: 42
    Hi..I am the proud owner of a 1993 (yes 1993) Nissan 240SX XE. Hatchback, moonroof, automatic, etc. This car looks to be similar but I gotta say I NEVER had ANY of the cracks, creaks, squeaks, noises reported here on the Nissan. I do have to wonder if these issues are why there are so FEW hatchbacks on the market anymore. Haven't tried out a Scion yet but plan to soon but would like some input here and even better if anyone ever had a 240SX. The handling of the 240SX is amazing..I also have a "fun" car..a bmw Z3 and I swear the almost 13 year old Nissan handles even better than the beamer. I have NEVER had ANY major work done on it either. Just brakes and few light bulbs over the 13 years. The reason I've held onto it so long, never found anything I liked as well. ALMOST bought a Mitsu Eclipse. Then almost a Mustang. Was looking for a bit more power/larger engine but wasn't thrilled with either one and when priced as I wanted they were over or at 30 grand.

Is the 2006 model out yet for Scion? I have no Toyota history..was always a Nissan/Datsun gal but since Nissan has nothing in that class anymore, it's time for a change.

So far I've read problems with 3rd gear manual (I would want automatic), a "stupid" radio cover that sounds like they didn't "get" what would work for people and how stupid it looks open, a problem with the sun roof coming loose, rattling, creaking, cracking, etc. which is of concern (have a full pop up moon roof on the Nissan, never a hiss all these years) and the hatchback rattling/clicking sounds. Coming from a very quiet 13 year old car, I'm sure some of this would bug me so hoping to hear there are improvements in the new model. Thanks for any input.
  • redriderredrider Member Posts: 2
    It seems that the manual transmission Scion tC has a severe jerking when first started and driven with a slight throttle in first gear. It happens when the engine is cold and only lasts for about 2-3 minutes. It is extremely annoying when it happens in a parking lot as the jerking goes on 10-15 times and is quite severe. Dealer is trying to ignore it, but quite severe jerking is difficult to understand for a Toyota product. Anyone else have the same dealership reaction to this?
  • 3vstc3vstc Member Posts: 1
    I was wondering what the deal was with the paint on the 05 tc's. Is it all the colors or just some of them. Is the paint just bad or what. Also if i were going to buy now (mid june 2005) should i get a 06. will the 06's be alot more expensive with hidden charges or raised apr. Also if i am 6 feet tall and thin, will i fit comfortably in the tc, and what is a better buy, tc or mazda 3. whats better on the highway.
  • geneegenee Member Posts: 170
    Regarding the 3M "clear bra" ... I priced them out when I first got my tC. $600 seemed to be the median price. Then finding someone who did the work was something else. The nearest "authorized" shop was 200 miles away. The price was for the full package - hood, front, mirrors, etc. :cry:
    on the "clear bra" thing. I don't think I'd fork out $600 for that, would you?

OTOH-it would be nice to have the rock chip protection, eh?

• z71billz71bill Member Posts: 1,986
    Its been a few years since I had any major body work done - maybe the cost of a paint job has shot up - but seems like you should be able to get your whole car painted for less than $600.

I also don't like the way the so called "clear" bra looks. If 3M offered to PAY ME $600 I would still pass on it.
    if 3M offered to put it on my car for free I'd let them. As long as I didn't have to advertise the product for them on the side of my car! Gotta draw the line there. I'm really undecided about this procedure and it's real worth. Anybody had it done that recommends it?

• jcmtnezjcmtnez Member Posts: 1
    They told me in the dealershipt that this noise comes from the engine. They say that this is the system that look the engine if you are not using the key with the factory microchip. But I don't know if that's true.
    That is the funniest thing I've ever heard, jcmtnez! The click is coming from the brake pedal, it's the brake light switch.. I took a month until i found it.. sounds like you need to find a better dealership, one that doesn't give excuses.. Go to a better Scion dealer and have them get up under the dash, hit the brake pedal and hear the click from the brake light switch themselves.. And a factory chip? You're talking of the engine immobilizer, and all keys have this, otherwise the car won't start. And there is no clicking for the car to identify the chip in the key..
  • jcfjcf Member Posts: 35
    I've had my 6 month old tC in the body shop 3 times already. Is that a record?

The first time was to repair a fender scrape that must have occurred during shipping. The Toy dealer did it for free under warranty, including a free car rental for 3 days. They repainted the whole fender and It looked perfect when I got it back, except...

The second time was to repaint the front bumper - which they had damaged while putting my fender back on. They did a quick 1 day job, but it looked perfect. Free warranty repair again and great service from the dealership.

The third time was to repair two damages. Came back from vacation and found my parked car's hood dented AND my rear bumper hit - two separate accidents thank you.

To give you an idea of pricing - at a certified Toyota repair shop (and only certain Toy dealerships are Toyota certified): Repainting the rear fender, with minimal body work, was over $500. Repairing the small dent in the hood and repainting it was about $250. Adding another $100 for 3 days car rental made the whole affair expensive and inconvenient. This new shop did less than a perfect job too - leaving small bubbles in the hood and overspraying paint on my wheel.

Meanwhile, my front bumper is showing nicks - sooner than any other new car I've ever owned; the sunroof is still rattling - after 2 different dealership repair attempts; my rear hatch is rattling - which the dealership tried to diagnose as loose tools; the manual shifting remains unbelievably sloppy and vague; the long heavy doors pose a constant problem for getting in and out; the hatchback is far more heavy and less convenient than any trunk; the open stereo lid still annoys me; the stereo controls are inconvenient; the headrest won't move back away from my head enough; the high beam indicator light is too annoyingly bright; the remote key entry is too tempormental; the cruise control speeds up 4 mph going down interstate grades; and trying to keep all that roof glass clean is a chore.

The car reminds me of my 88 Jeep Wrangler that looked great and had awesome capability but was plagued with problems - giving me a love/hate relationship. The tC's a good looker, good performer, and great value - but the numerous little problems are detracting from my joy with the purchase. OK, so maybe I'm a bit critical, but I didn't have these problems or feelings with the Miata I sold. I've concluded that if my tc gets stolen or totaled, I won't be buying another one.
    you are picky.

I'm kinda in the same boat. Generally the car has been fine, but just enough problems/annoyances to put a bad taste in my mouth. I agree that if it was totalled, I would get something different.

I toy with just getting something else anyway, but I do that no matter what I have! 4 doors would be easier since I reguarly cart around my 2 kids, but they can fit OK. Just a pain getting in/out sometimes.

• tonylexustonylexus Member Posts: 94
    Wow, again - you are picky.

I can't imagine what you would be like had you bought a $60K Jag with just as many little problems and a few major issues (as described in several car mag reviews) as well!

This is a $17k compact commuter. Other than a transient creak or rattle, I'm not experiencing any of the 'problems' you are and compared to the competion in this class of vehicle, I am very satisfied. I realize that doesn't help you at all but the preference issues are things that should be considered before the purchase, I think the quality issues are being overstated for a car in this class.

The radio door has been a source of much discussion. I do not find that it 'sticks out' too much, in fact the bit of a hood helps shade it in direct sun. the bottom ledge is nice for resting fingers when surfing. I have no problems with the operation, though it is open most all of the time. I do like the fact that you can change the look of the dash by opening or closing it. Then again I try to look at the bright side of things. Though not real happy with buttons vs. knobs, I knew that going in and decided that it was something I could live with.

Would I buy another one? probably not but only because I like to drive so many types of vehicles, I would wish to try something very different next time around. That being said, I would certainly recommend the car to someone else and while it is in the stable, I am enjoying it and can say I am completely satisfied.
    You guys are fair. I was afraid I might get more crucified after that posting. Yes, I am picky. God help the girl that ever tries to adopt me.

I realize the car's got a lot of quality and plenty of features for the 17K price. That's why I agree with MT's 5 star value rating and why I bought it.

Some of the stupid design quirks - like the 1/3 lit brake light and stereo cover - are things I expected. The rattles and soft paint are quality issues I did not expect. Its the summation of little design quirks, quality problems, and coupe impracticalities that's making me wish I'd bought the Mazda 3 sedan. Still, without spending more for an RSX, I can't think of a better coupe in the sub 20K range. How's that for being fair?
    Stickguy,

Its been awhile with your roof fix. Tell us, is it still tight? I don't want to subject my car to the invasive work if the noise still isn't fixed.

I'll try a third time - if there's some hope. You know, it burns me that two different dealerships have claimed to fix my roof, while I hear the same rattles driving it right out of the shop. Apparently though, just tightening some screws with locktight is not enough.
    the first fix (the loctite TSB) didn't really make much difference. I mentioned it again the next time it was in. That turned into a return trip which lasted 2 days (the car, not me). They ended up replacing some of the rails and base assembly. Not sure exactly what, but I believe they took the entire roof structure off the car (and I have the paint ship to prove it).

I didn't realize it was going to be so invasive until it was too late, or I would have said no.

ANyway, after all that, it still creaks most of the time, as much or not more than before they tried. At this point, it is what it is, and if I don't want to listen to the noise, I probably have to get a different car.

At least they fixed the loose headliner that rattled over bumps (that they couldn't fix earlier), I assume that means they had to take it out to fix the sunroof.

To the board hosts/moderators..can we start a new 2006 Scion TC thread now that they are out? Can posters do that or do the hosts have to?
    My suggestion is to just start writing about the 06's... easy enough. I will start it out... I am very upset that my 05 is without stearing wheel stereo controls... and after talking to the dealer after an oil chang there is no upgrade to add that feature to my tC for any reasonable price... although he did offer to sell me an 06... smart [non-permissible content removed]... lol.
  • masstoragemasstorage Member Posts: 5
    I just had the 5k maintanence check, the Toyota mechanic set all four tires to 32psi. After I drove the car for couple of days, the tire pressure warning light came on, I reset it, the light goes off. But everyday, after I drive the car for about 15 minutes, the light comes back on. Anyone experience that problem?
    I have a friend that had that problem with her jeep with the auto tire pressure sensors... What happens is that the auto tire preasure sensor has a window of approx 5psi. So this means if the recomended tire pressur is 35 psi you want to error on the lower end because once you start driving your tires heat up thus expanding the air inside and increasing the presure... so if you have your tires aired up to 34 lets say and you drive for a while you will more than likely see the light go on... what she had to do was play with the pressure by lowering just enough until the light didn't come on... kind of a pain but im guessing you just have to lower 1 or 2psi :)

let me know if this works for the scion
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    Sorry, but I host all of the clubs so it is difficult to remain current with each make/model.

Is the 2006 model markedly different than the 2005?
    Nope, the '06 is the same car, with just a couple of features changing.

Also, I believe the TPMS on the tC is a "dumb" one. That is, it doesn't actually know what the pressure is, it just looks for a tire that is different than the rest. So, in theory, if they are all 25 or 40, it won't trigger.

Actually, I would have to look in the manual, it might only compare to the other side of the same end of the car. The factory specs are different f/r (something like 32/29), so either the difference is within tollerance, or the TPMS doesn't compare front to back.

As I replied in the other thread where I requested the 2006..thanks I understand. I've seen 2006 threads on other models which is why I asked. It would be easier though as right now there are three major threads that "could" apply to 2006 models so one would have to wade though all three huge threads to find any posts applicable to the new 2006 release Scion tC, Scion Owners: Accessories & Modifications and Scion tC Owners: Problems & Solutions. I just thought it would be a lot easier for new visitors as well as existing folks to track owner's experiences with the new year's model - even though there isn't that much that is changed, I'm hoping to find out if the bugs noted with 2005 are now fixed AND how the new options and colors, etc. go over with buyers. I'm sure there will be 2006 "problems and solutions" and comments about "accessories and mods" as well as general commentary..was just hoping to see 2006 all in one place but I understand.
  • scoopnyscoopny Member Posts: 7
    I had the problem with the tire sensor after I got a flat and got a new tire. When I came in for my oil change I told the dealer about it and he reset it and I haven't had a problem since. I'm not sure what he did.
    actually much to my surprise I found out that some mechanics at the dealerships have no clue how to reset the tire pressure indicator... i forgot what it is exactly but you have to hold the reset button it until the light blinks... i keep forgetting if it has to blink a certain number of times... anyhow, i know this because they did it wrong the last time I went in for my free oil change... they put in air but did not reset the thing, then i came back and the guy reset wrong... third time was done right.
    ... and to all you who complain about the creaks cracks and pops... try turning up your stereo to a moderate level and guess what! NO NOISE! so there's your fix. And to anyone who has or is planning to get rims on their TC... just know that all of your rims will be scratched before a year goes by... it took me 4 months to scratch each one of my Pirelli-shoes.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/782419
  • jimmiedjimmied Member Posts: 2
    I purchase the 05 Tc for my son in June I've drove the car the other day and it had more road noise than army tank. Is this normal, if not does anyone know how to reduce this noise
  • jimmiedjimmied Member Posts: 2
    My DOC fee was $25.00 this is your dealer fee not scion
    you might want to check the tire pressures.. dealers have been known to not adjust them after they come off the truck.. tire pressures when cold are 32 front, 29 rear.. if that still doesn't fix it.. then it might be the OEM tires, but i haven't heard anything bad about the noise issue.. I took the original tires off and put some Pirelli Pzero Nero M&S (stock size 215/45-17) and so i don't know what the originals are like.. but thought i'd let ya know to check the pressures..
    Someone above mentioned the 1/3 brake light? Is that because of wiring pre-done in case you choose the "upgraded" tail lights? If only 1/3 lights up with the regular...then I guess I'll get the upgrade so it won't look so stupid..hmm..maybe that is what they want you to do? Maybe I misunderstood?

I asked this elsewhere but will here too in case it's a problem....does anyone know what the paint cutout looking circles are on the front bumper just above where the fog lights go in below on the grille? They are VERY CLEAR on pics on scion.com page and you can see one on Kelly's pics posted in another thread here in picture 6. I thought those were pre-cutouts for fog lights but then saw on the pics above and on the site the fog lights are put down below on the grille sides? Seems weird to me...anyone know what those are? Are they "stamped" with something?

And finally...I am waiting to get a good dealer referral before I go do my testdrive. I am a bit concerned with all the noise comments from the two roofs, etc. I have a Nissan 240SX with a pop up moon roof and hatchback and it is the quietest car I have ever owned (and smoothest handling as well). That's why I still have it 13 years later..because I can't find anything comparable in price/look/feel/options..am hoping the Scion is "close"....

Thanks to everyone for posting here. I too am picky and prefer to know what to expect BEFORE getting in for the test drive....
  • got_vtecgot_vtec Member Posts: 22
    So far, this is almost the least expensive car that I've driven, but it seems like a good value for the money. I wish the dealer had more variety to look at, though. (While the auto was peppy enough, I'd like to see if a manual was more sporting....)

I thought the interior was just big enough, but barely. I was a little close to the roof for comfort (but opening up the sunroof helps! :) ), and in the back, I had less than an inch between my head and the glass. Is this normal? I don't usually think of myself as all THAT tall... What do you do with rear passengers? Warn them when you approach bumps? ;) It did seem like there'd be plenty of room for a baby car seat, but I did not try that. If anyone has any comments, I'd like to hear them. Also, I didn't see any rear anchor point for the baby seat, but I didn't spend a lot of time poking around; the RSX had them all the way on the rear hatch wall.

I didn't realize that the rear seat had any adjustments, else I would have tried to see if that would help. Any comments on the rear seat room? Help?!

I've drove the car the other day and it had more road noise than army tank. Is this normal, if not does anyone know how to reduce this noise

It also had a good deal of road noise. I wrote some of this off as being a Also, I believe the TPMS on the tC is a "dumb" one. That is, it doesn't actually know what the pressure is, it just looks for a tire that is different than the rest. So, in theory, if they are all 25 or 40, it won't trigger.

IMO, that's nice. It makes sense to try to keep them all pretty close, but some people might want it a bit more firm, etc.
This discussion has been closed.