Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2000 Dodge Ram 1500- Rough Idling Problems

2»

Comments

• Options
    racefan9racefan9 Member Posts: 120
    i have a 99 1500 Quad Cab 5.2 42k on the odometer and not one problem drive this truck a little over 100 miles a day, have not experienced the rough idle i did have some pinging and slight skips when pulling hills on the interstate switched to 89 octane no problems since have only changed the oil/filter and air filter every 3k

take a look at it click on "my 99 dodge ram" on the left:
    Racefan9's 99 Dodge Ram Quad Cab
  • Options
    neolaneola Member Posts: 1
    I have found TBS 09-05-00 spark knock and oil consumption. Does anyone know what the problem is? Is it the intake manifold gasket?
  • Options
    abaltoabalto Member Posts: 22
    That questions and technical advice web site...

I have also looked for a good Dodge web site to ask questions and technical advice, opinions, etc. The best site I have found is www.moparchat.com This site is clearly the best in quality, with over 60,000 posts! Good luck either way Trevor!
  • Options
    rsoskinrsoskin Member Posts: 1
    I own a 2001 Ram 1500 with 5.9 auto, air, and 3.55 gears. When cold the motors skips and stumbles when shifting. It also pings when towing. Is anybody else having these problems? Mine has been to the dealer 3 times and they say nothing is wrong, that the skip is road vibration. Does anybody have any help?
  • Options
    makitajimmakitajim Member Posts: 2
    I have recently bought a 2000 ram 1500 5.9, I have been experiencing the rough idle also and the vibration at 45mph. After reading some of the comments I think I may try some of these remedies, however anyone who has owned a Dodge must realize that they have certain quirks that are unique to the name! I am on my 3rd Dodge and my pop is on his 5th with a combined 750,000 miles between us. We remain faithful, however bringing a new Dodge home and have these problems/annoyances arise does make one a little angry. I have been sent a recall notice on the emissions also. Has anyone taken they're truck back for this and did it help or hamper? I am feeling a little better now thanks to the common problems and possible remedies on the new Dodges. I have been avoiding going to the dealership due to the fact that they sold me a truck that turned out to be used that was sitting on the new lot....that is a whole other story though! Thanks for the help everyone. Keep the Mopar faith!
  • Options
    davids1davids1 Member Posts: 411
    The current generation Ram is very sensitive to tires that are out-of-round. After some persuasion, Goodyear replaced 3 of the 4 original tires on my 99 quad 4x4. They should have replaced the 4th too, because it does create some bounce around 45 mph. Check your tires!!
  • Options
    russianmirrorrussianmirror Member Posts: 1
    After 9 years with a Dodge Pickup with a 318 and 457,000 miles all I can say is that something was built right. To have this type of service out of a truck that knows nothing but work is something to take to mine when shopping for a new one. And that is exactly what I did when I purchased a 1996 Ram1500 4X4 5.9 SLT SB. 4 years and 121,000 miles and still running like it was new. The Starter was the only thing I have replaced. The amount of torque that this truck gives out is impressive. I did have a ping in the engine but that was really my fault because I was caught in a situation that the only choice for fuel was 87 octane. It did not like that one bit. If you can afford it, run 93. It runs great on 89. I hope to get 400,000 or more out of this one but you never know what is going to happen...that is the way it always goes.
  • Options
    pocahontaspocahontas Member Posts: 802
    To conserve on space, we've started a new Dodge Ram problems consolidation topic in this conference; please visit Pickups Topic 2441, Dodge Ram Problems (topic consolidation).

Hi Russian Mirror- For more feedback, you should copy/paste your post into the above topic. This will soon be frozen. Thanks for your participation. ;-)

Pocahontas,
    Edmunds.com/Roving Host
This discussion has been closed.