Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Acura RDX

1495051525355»

Comments

• wwestwwest Member Posts: 10,706
    Handling of a FWD or F/awd vehicle will be perfectly beniegn, or even better, on a highly tractive surface.
  • mfeirmanmfeirman Member Posts: 8
    I own a 2008 RDX and want to make copies of the key, and possibly get an extra remote key chain. Any ideas where I can get this done?

Thanks,
    Mark
  • arucaaruca Member Posts: 4
    I bought a new 09 RDX last year and have put 4500 miles on it so far. The oil life indicater is at 40%.

My question is do I simply rely on that indicator to tell me when my RDX needs an oil change or is there more to it then that? I ask since based on the above stats I will be at over 8000 miles before my first oil change which seems high to me. Granted most of these miles have been higway miles.

I am not very car savvy and this is my first car with a turbo engine. Thanks for the responses.
  • Firebird_EOUFirebird_EOU Member Posts: 250
    Yes just follow it, we get about 6k miles out of it w/mixed driving between oil changes. Be prepared to pay $90+ for oil change.
  • mtairyordgemtairyordge Member Posts: 144
    My wife is unable to lock the doors of her 2006 RDX with the key fob. Any hints?
  • cowboy7cowboy7 Member Posts: 16
    I own a 2011 RDX. The manual says to use 91 or higher gas, and I fully intend to do so. My question is, if I accidentally fill it with 87 and drive it, will I do any damage to the car? I asked two dealers and they seem to have opposite opinions.

Thanks
  • ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    I'm sure the ECU will retard spark timing to compensate and prevent knocking, but the engine would be running out of its ideal tune for that whole tank.

Even if you had to use regular, because that's the only gas available, I'd only put enough to reach another gas station that had premium.

Turbos increase the effective compression ratio so they are far more vulnerable to knock.
    There is "spark" knock, which can often be compensated for via timing change, and there is compression/dieseling/detonation knock.

The latter is compensated for via the use of EFI to enrich the mixture.
    If so, mileage would drop and defeat the purpose of using lower-cost fuel in the first place....

Stick with premium.
  • cowboy7cowboy7 Member Posts: 16
    So it sounds like 87 octane does no harm to the engine, if it was used a few times by mistake. Do I interpret it correctly?
    "..mileage will drop.."

Not necessarily, it depends both on the price differential and the driving style. Price issue is obvious and if the driver doesn't go WOT very often the A/F mixture need never be enriched. And we can forget about detonation due to (uphill, towing)engine lugging with an automatic.

When we picked up our '01 Porsche at the factory we were told that fueling with regular would do no harm.
  • bankonebankone Member Posts: 44
    Anybody use 17' rime for 2014 RDX (the OE rim is 18')? Will it work properly?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,681
    Tire Rack offers a 17" winter tire/wheel package... If they offer it, it fits...

235/65-17 tires..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

You were saying they would enrich the mixture, my response to that was mileage would drop. Under those conditions, it would. Of course...
  • bankonebankone Member Posts: 44
    Thanks kyfdx