Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Hyundai Sonata 2006-2007

Comments

• haefrhaefr Member Posts: 600
    "Also, what is the Fumoto valve.????"

Presumably named after its manufacturer, it replaces the oil drain plug and allows oil drain by turning a collar. Since your hands never come in contact with the draining oil, it's less messy. FRAM also has a line of valve-type oil drain aids - and one that is applicable for Hyundais. And then there are obsessive-compulsives such as myself who run a "SuperPLUG". This is a drain plug with the mother of all rare earth sumarium-cobalt-neodymium magnets* permanently mounted to the business end to trap ferrous and chromium alloyed metal particulates. Some of these particulates are too small to be caught by the oil filter, but can nevertheless be very abrassive to aluminum and babbit bearing surfaces.

*This small but very powerful magnet has no difficulty suspending a 3 lb. mallet head and its cushion-wrapped 12" steel handle.
  • zen2zen2 Member Posts: 226
    My dealer has a posted price of 349 for 10K service.
    You can bet I'll do that. :) My Honda CRV 10K
    service was 82.00, and they sent me a coupon for
    10 % off. Almost the same price as an oil change at
    the Hyundai dealer. :)
    It will take more than ten minutes for the V6.
    The plastic shroud has, I believe 8 bolts,
    one of which the crack service techs at my
    dealerships cracked when reinstalling. Very poor design.
    They could have put a flip up door or something on the
    damn cover. And you can't buy the filters from Pep Boys.
    Say it ain't so. Oil change/tire rotation/ 10K checkup
    for my Honda CRV ----> 74.00. With state inspection,
    and emissions inspection. 100.00.
  • tb88tb88 Member Posts: 242
    My dealer has a posted price of 349 for 10K service...

You mean 7.5K or 15K ?
    There is no 10K service for Hyundai!
    I hate the plastic cover/shroud over the engine... Anybody has any idea why it's there other than being neat?
    I like to be able to see the whole engine, to monitor if there is any leak/problem!
    Do you think removing it would void anything!? Myself, I don't think so...
  • johnap2johnap2 Member Posts: 105
    Mine is a 4-cylinder so it does not have this problem. The filter is very easy to get to and the oil filters are available at Pep Boys. I bought a dozen of them the last time I went there. The V6 uses a different filter, so there is no aftermarket one's that I know of yet.

John
    Just a guess, but it may be a heat shield to protect paint
    on hood?
  • averigejoeaverigejoe Member Posts: 559
    Yeah they adjust but maybe up, down or sideways. Wages don't keep up with the rise in prices. The prices of things do not uniformly go up. And it is hard to predict which will go up, down or remain the same. Generally though, the prices of necessities go up and the prices of luxury items go down.
  • blnewtoblnewto Member Posts: 146
    After testing most of the comparable vehicles to the Sonata I found the Sonata to be as quiet as all but the Honda. It was quieter than the Altima, Jetta, Fusion, Maz6, and equal to Camry. The Accord was the only vehicle that was a bit quieter. I drove these vehicles in similar areas of town and along the same highway. Hard to find any complaint regarding road noise or wind noise.
  • stockmanjoestockmanjoe Member Posts: 353
    I was just at a dealer and they had Sonata V6's everywhere and only two I4's. All the Asan manufactured I4's are gone now too.
  • edmund2001edmund2001 Member Posts: 21
    I bought a 2006 Sonata LX in Nov.
    After living with the car for 30 days (It would be nice to do this before you buy any car) my major complaints are:

1) Too harsh a ride on rough roads. They should make a model (call it LXE) with softer riding qualities. Or maybe the Azera is the answer.
    2) Squeaks & creaks from the dash, windshield, etc. all part of the harsh ride. Structural integrity issues? Hope not!
    3) Needs folding mirrors. You must be extremely careful pulling it into a garage.
    4) Better stereo. Even with the subwoofer/6 CD option it needs more bass punch & more power. Also steering wheel control for station or cd track up & down.
    5) A light on the power door lock switch.
    6) Better power seat adjustments as others have mentioned. Just can't seem to find the right spot.
    Hopefully they will address these issues in the 2007 models.

On the plus side:
    1) The V-6 power is smooth and strong.
    2) Excellent as a highway cruiser and very quiet.
    3) Great safety features.
    4) Pricing on all models is attractive and hard to resist.
    5) Great warranty.
    6) A good looking car from all angles.

Hope this helps any prospective buyers. I know that no car is perfect. Overall, if they can fix the squeaks I'll be a happy camper.
  • negativenegative Member Posts: 107
    Re: the ride, did you try a GL or GLS before you bought the LX? The smaller wheels, with more rubber, should have a softer ride.
  • edmund2001edmund2001 Member Posts: 21
    I did try the GLS but not on rough road surfaces. (It's hard to judge a car totally with just a 10 minute ride down the highway and back.) I found the GLS seat uncomfortable and there was no telescoping feature on the steering wheel which I felt was needed. That's when the salesman said "try the LX model." The LX power seat did have more adjustment options and seemed comfortable enough & the LX also had the telescoping feature. The beige interior with leather looked impressive to me and I was sold. My advice to any prospective buyer is to take the car for a test drive on the worst road you can find.
    (They all ride nice on the highway.)
    Then decide if the ride quality is acceptable.
  • bhmr59bhmr59 Member Posts: 1,601
    Don't know how rough the rough roads you drive on are...but if it makes you feel any better, my wife's '04 Infinity G35 rides terrible on any road. Sorry to say, I can't agree with your statement "they all ride nice on the highway". :blush:
  • rick1rick1 Member Posts: 12
    Totally agree - but if you look at your plus side and look at what you paid, this is a no brainer - I too feel the ride is a little hard on rough roads, and have documented my seat issues - but I have no squeaks/rattles - a smooth quiet ride, and I have 6K miles on it - no problems thus far. As the saying goes - don't sweat the small stuff, and thus far any complaints with this car are small stuff. Better stereo etc comes with the requisite $$
    Good posting, although I disagree on a couple things. Our GLSV6 has a pretty stable ride on the rough stuff, not of Audi quality, but definately on par w/ most of the comparable vehicles (although the Accord and Maz6 seem better on the rough roads). Maybe like previously mentioned, the GLS would be a better choice for rough roads (due to the thicker tires). I found the stereo to be decent (but maybe I'm not playing the tunes that show its' limitations, lol). So many folks have bashed the comfort of the seats, but so far we've liked them & just finished a 500 mile trip without any discomfort.
    I do agree about the need for lighting on the lock button, I'd also like lighted trip/reset buttons for the trip computer too (hard to feel around in the dark).
    I'd also like to see a beefier fuel door, it's very chintzy (much like our '89 Accord). Why can't they splurge for a metal door since it's an item that sees a lot of use :mad:

All in all we're very happy w/ this vehicle and Hyundai has got it just about perfect, just a couple more "tweaks" and it'll be sublime :)
  • kwonc71kwonc71 Member Posts: 245
    I agree with your rough road rattles. My LX drive good on HWY, but some of those rough city road make lots of rattles. I can live with couple other little noise, but the one comes from passenger side seat. I will have to make a appointment for the noisy seat. I think harsh 17" tires are main cause of rattles. I just hit 1,000 miles today. So far seat rattle is only problem I can find. Very happy with LX.
  • conceptvbsconceptvbs Member Posts: 9
    Adjust your tire pressure if your having harsh ride. Hyundai overinflates the tires beyond manufacturers' recommedations. Trust me, the difference is night and day.
  • danf1danf1 Member Posts: 897
    The V6 models make up about 60% of Sonatas. Lately the 4cyl models, particularly the GLS, have been selling better, so I'm sure you are more likely to see an abundance of V6s around.

Right now I've got 57 V6s in stock and 18 4cyl.
    The plastic shroud is strictly a rarely seen appearance item - about as "protective" as white lettering on tires. The one on my '03 Sonata came off at my first oil change and is still sitting along the garage wall - where it'll stay until I sell the car in a few years. (None of the hood paint has scorched yet, either. There is, after all, preformed insulting batting applied to the hood's underside, too...) I've measured NO increase in cabin noise at idle or highway speeds with my RatShack sound pressure level meter, either. When I must raise the hood for service or fluid level checks, I, too, would rather admire a bare-naked engine with its cast aluminum cam covers and intake runners unashamedly and completely exposed. (Such a naughty motor!) Drop the superfluous engine shroud and re-institute a fully adjustable manual driver's seat, Hyundai! Put your materials money to use more wisely where it'll be appreciated in seat-of-the-pants driving...
  • tonygrovetonygrove Member Posts: 13
    Did anyone hear when the '07 Sonata would be released? The '06 Sonata was actually released in April of '05. Any chance Hyundai would push the '07 Sonata to market earlier than Sept of '06?
  • johnap2johnap2 Member Posts: 105
    I have not heard of the 2007 Sonata release date as of yet. I would think because the 2006 was a complete redesign that would explain the unusually early release date. I would guess we will not see the '07 till late '06.

In addition, this is just my opinion, but I bet the '07 is about identical to the '06. I would put my money on either an XM or Sirius-ready stereo option and/or a possible navigation system availability. I don't see Hyundai changing much else.
  • backybacky Member Posts: 18,949
    There is always the chance Hyundai will bring over some features already available on the home market Sonata, such as the trick rear suspension and the black interior. Also they could address small changes that would address common complaints, e.g. tuning button on the wheel. But I too don't expect large changes until the mid-generation refresh.
  • krispykreme1krispykreme1 Member Posts: 22
    Same thoughts here. Manufacturers put literally billions of dollars into R&D to develop new products. Hyundai's not going to just let all the money they've invested in the new Sonata go down the drain by coming out with a radically different car for 07. Not to mention that it would also anger many 2006 buyers who jumped on the bandwagon for a redesigned car. Like Backy said, maybe drastic changes (like L.E.D. lights - look at the 06 Accord as an example) will become possible mid cycle as the manufacturing process becomes more advanced.
  • delta4delta4 Member Posts: 138
    "There is always the chance Hyundai will bring over some features already available on the home market Sonata...." - backy

That is true. What is 'rumored' (since Hyundai wisely won't confirm at this point-gleaned from korean websites)is that Hyundai will add a dark interior to the line-up later in '06 for U.S. market. Also look for additional options as has already been mentioned and announced by Hyundai such as satellite radio and possibly Nav being offered.

It doesn't appear that AGCS or Active Geometry Control Suspension will make it on Sonata in U.S. market since the worry is that it may creep too close to Azera pricing but may be offered on Azera limited. Some other things I've learned: tweaking of interior is likely,aka minor dash changes, re-programming seat belt reminder chime, enhancing/adding auto-lock/unlock along with suspension tweaks as well. Although some complaints about lack of folding side view mirrors have been noted this is not seen as a priority at this time.

By the way, Hyundai has heard by way of feedback from current owners concerning the desire or should it be the demand to include a 'seek' button for tuning stations on the steering wheel controls but it is unlikely to make it in '06. Some have mentioned seat discomfort and this is a big deal for them because this car must be equal to or better than Accord or Camry. I was very surprised and pleased to learn just how fast they are busy working on this. Believe me they are committed to addressing any major concerns as it relates to the U.S. market.

Obviously, because Sonata is a very important vehicle for them expect their response to owner feedback to be given top priority and that they are making the necessary changes to maintain quality, sales volume, owner loyalty and build brand awareness.

So far Hyundai is pleased with the YTD sales numbers but they are very sensitive to owner concerns. The good news is Sonata is scoring very high with consumers in the mid-size segment and the circle 'H' is continuing to see important gains in market share from the domestics and to some degree their main Asian competitors, Toyota and Honda.
    Thanks for the info. I will do the same next oil change.
  • nissan240sxnissan240sx Member Posts: 37
    Since Nov., Hyundai Sonata 4-cyl (2.4-liter) comes with a 5-speed auto in Korea. The funny thing is, Hyundai has not announced this change at all. I guess this is not considered as a major change to Hyundai.

Not a word on the 5-speed auto as Hyundai boldly shoulder on with "old" 4-speed auto in its website. Even a local dealership I walked into today gave me an old '05 brochure although '06 model has been available for some time now.

This is creating a great deal of anger among customers who "unknowingly" have made the purchases before Nov. Adding fuel to flame is the positive reviews being posted on the 5-speed auto by the owners at the major Sonata forum in Korea. As compared to 4-speed auto, 5 speed auto shifts smoother, has better acceleration and improved fuel efficiency. The rumor has it that Hyundai is working out the bugs of 5-speed auto before they bring it to the States. (Hyundai has been burned when they tried to adapt imperfect 5-speed auto to Sorento Diesel in Korea).

Btw, the dealer said there is a price hike of about $350 due to 5-speed auto, which I wish Hyundai forgets to mention as well. Whatever the reasons may be, what Hyundai is doing is deceptive to consumers and is defintely not a way to build a customer relationship. :(
  • silverfox1silverfox1 Member Posts: 91
    Very happy with my 06 Sonata LX so far. Will have dealer check out some rear noise on bumps but have some other issues I want to discuss with him. Relative to the recent flyer from Hyundai, I have the following questions.

1. Flyer states I have A & B trip odometer modes.
    2. I also should have telescoping wheel adjustment.
    3. Automatic door locks when driving above 25 mph.

My 06 Sonata has neither of these features. Does anyone out there have these features in their 06 Sonata LX?
    This is creating a great deal of anger among customers who "unknowingly" have made the purchases before Nov.

Um... could you please explain how someone unknowingly purchased a Sonata? Or how they were coerced into doing so?

I fail to see what is deceptive about an automaker making running changes to their cars. It happens all the time in the automotive world. Thus everyone knows that if you wait a few years after a new model is launched, you will be able to buy it with several improvements, styling changes, new features etc. For example, look at all the people who bought the current-gen Accord before it offered standard side bags and curtains in all models, or before ESC was made standard on V6 models, or before the ugly rear end was restyled, or before all the other nice changes were made to the car. What should they do--file a class-action lawsuit against Honda for deceptive trade practices? :surprise:
    Assuming you have a U.S.-spec Sonata... your LX does have a telescopic wheel. Read the owner's manual for how it works, or ask your dealer to demostrate it for you. You may need to give the wheel a bit of a tug initially to move it in or out.

The car also has A & B trip odometer modes--again, read the owners manual for how to set them or ask your dealer.

The automatic door locks need to be configured by the dealer. You could ask them to do this on your next oil change visit.
    I am glad I don't have the 5-speed auto... It is a new tranny, and it has some bugs which need to be fixed first, like Hunting /fishing on hilly terrain.
    Maybe, there will be another class action suit like the 147 hp engine when it was only 133 hp I believe... I don't mind another few hundreds.
    The 4-speed tranny is working just fine... I don't feel it at all while shifting... I had it in the 2001 Sonata (the old 4speed not the Shiftronic), and the present one is a lot smoother: it has been tested and tweaked for over 4 years now; it is just perfect.
    Hyundai Sonata Breaks Into U.S. Top 10 Charts
    Hyundai Motor’s New Sonata was the seventh best-selling car in the U.S. last month, becoming the first Korean car ever to make it into the monthly top 10 there. Hyundai Motor said Tuesday sales of the New Sonata surged 46.9 percent over the previous month to 14,216 cars.

A company spokesman attributed that massive jump to successful marketing and the model’s quality. Hyundai’s last noticeable success in the U.S. was in the 1980s with the small Excel, because it was cheap, he said. The company expects to sell some 20,000 Sonatas in December, saying the firm’s Alabama plant has been producing as many of them a month since October. However, some observers say the sudden sales boom is due to extravagant incentives the automaker is offering.

The four best-selling models were all Japanese, headed by the Toyota Camry with 29,707 cars, followed by its stable mate Corolla with 23,718. Honda’s Civic with 23,695 and Accord with 23,548 were next. Chevrolet’s Impala came fifth with 20,357 cars sold and the Nissan Altima sixth. The Pontiac G6 sold 14,175 units in eighth place, followed by 13,507 Chevrolet Cobalts and 12,647 Chrysler 300s.

(englishnews@chosun.com )
    Thanks for the quick reply. The steering wheel did need an extra tug to get the telescopic function to work. On the trip computer, there is no A or B icon on the display when you cycle the trip switch through its mode of operations. I see by the earlier posts that the automatic door locks have to be activated by the dealer. Strange that you paid for a feature that requires activation by request.
    The car also has A & B trip odometer modes--again, read the owners manual for how to set them or ask your dealer.
    Actually the cars equipped w/ the trip computer only have a single trip meter(but all the other excellent features). The GLS's & LX's have the trip computer. Only the GL models have the A&B tripmeters (and no trip computer).
    Thanks for clearing that up. My Brother-in-law has a older Sonata GL and has the A & B modes and no trip computer. Strange that they would not carry that over to the trip computer. My ex 2000 VW GTI GLX had a trip computer with the A & B mode. The VW did lack miles left to empty though.
  • desertguydesertguy Member Posts: 730
    "Strange that you paid for a feature that requires activation by request."

That's nothing. The Toyota Highlander comes with a sunroof that does not close properly. It either stops too soon leaving an opening or it goes too far and starts to tilt up. It is supposed to be programed at the dealers before delivery but it is not done according to the many complaints on the Highlander board and my own experience. There is a procedure in the manual for setting the sunroof but it is ridiculous to deliver a car in this condition. And don't even get me started on how my '04 VW GTI was delivered.
  • iluvmysephia1iluvmysephia1 Member Posts: 7,704
    quality lately. You know, my Kia's always come as a whole package, with everything working properly. Toyota's slipping and Kia/Hyundai continue to improve. Even though Kia scores worse than Hyundai on quality reports the Long-Haul covers over anything and everything that might not be up to your own personal standards during initial break-in time and then later.

It's all turning South Korean for our automotive needs. Toyota's gained success on a lot of hype and it's time to smack yourselves upside the head and realize that.

Watch as Hyundai/Kia rise towards their goal of becoming a top 5 worldwide automaker by the year 2010. They're right on the mark and surging upward as I type out this message.

2021 Kia Soul LX 6-speed stick

My 2000 VW GTI GLX had a VR6 and was made in Germany not Mexico. Quality may have been better but could not live with the reliability issues. I am hoping the 06 Sonata LX will make me forget about the VW. The VW was loaded and a blast to drive. Too bad it had some major reliability problems.
    In the 2006 Hyundai Accent discussion, iluvmysephia1 said:

my local Hyundai dealer has a half a dozen Sonata's on their lot, too. This gives me a totally different slant angle on things, as the Sonata is a great new car.

backy, in your opinion, do the whiners over on the Sonata board really have much to gripe about with the new Sonata? I mean, to me the concerns seem bogus. Front seats that tilt forward too much? Give me a break! This changes my car search to seriously looking at a 2006 Sonata. Are there any current rebates on it?

Will a dealer sell me one for only $15,499 with the 5-speed manual and will it have a CD changer and air conditioning?

I've always dug the '06 Sonata's styling, it is spot on IMO.

Personally I think most of the gripes on the Sonata are pretty small, but I think Hyundai goofed on a few details with the '06 Sonata, including the manual seat height adjuster (should have retained the dual-knob setup), lack of folding mirrors, and lack of a tuning button on the steering wheel. The last one is particularly puzzling. And I can't figure out who at Hyundai would make the decision to make a backwards step on the seat height adjuster (the dual knobs allow for greater range of adjustment) and the folding mirrors (all Hyundais used to have those). I expect cost cutting is the culprit. I think they put a lot of money into the new engines and platform for the Sonata, so maybe they had to trim elsewhere to offer such a great car for so little money.

There is $2500 in total rebates on the Sonata GL through Monday: $500 general, $1000 loyalty (sorry, Kia doesn't count), and $1000 for financing through HMFC. But there's a $1000 general rebate on the V6 models, plus higher markup, so those are a particularly good deal right now. One of my local dealers is offering the GLS V6 for $16,999 before the $1000 financing rebate. Current Hyundai owners could pick one up for $16k + T&L.

The GL has A/C and all the safety features, including ESC and ABS with traction control, standard, but the CD changer is not available from the factory on the GL. It has a 6-speaker MP3 CD player though, so just record a bunch of songs on a MP3 disk and who needs a changer? :)
    I could just go to one of literally half a dozen local car audio places here in Pocatello. For a city of 50,600 people Pocatello, ID has an abnormally high amount of car stereo installation places. I should be able to score a great deal on a CD/FM player, or, as you say, just record on MP3 for CD. Whatever I do regarding the CD player, the stereo is not a deal-twister for me. What I'm curious about is how Lithia Hyundai will deal with my trade in vs.how Robert Allen Kia will deal with me.

I'm waiting for us to settle down and finish moving into our new house before I go look for the car, if indeed I really do trade. But the fact that I could bet a '06 Sonata for $15,499 really changes my search to include the '06 Rio5 and the '06 Sonata.

Chances that I'll trade in just increased to 85%! :)

I'm guessing that both dealers will offer liberal trade-in, but that's just a guess as I'm new to Pocatello and both dealers.

and I went to the GL model and here's the list of features for the $15,499 GL.

* 2.4L, DOHC, 4-cylinder engine
    * 5-speed manual transmission
    * Dual front airbags, front side-impact airbags, and roof- mounted side curtain airbags
    * Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) Nice!
    * Electronic Stability Control (ESC) with Traction
    Control System (TCS) Nice! :D
    * Front seat active head restraints
    * 16” steel wheels with Michelin® tires Nice! :)
    * Tilt, leather-wrapped steering wheel
    * Leather-wrapped shift knob (automatic transmission
    only) Why not with the stick shift, too? :D
    * 4-wheel disc brakes Nice! :)
    * Remote keyless entry system with alarm
    * Power windows, locks, and heated mirrors
    * AM/FM/CD/MP3 Audio System It does have the CD changer!
    * Air conditioning
    * Cruise control
    * Cabin air-filtration system

So, it has the CD changer as OEM! Score another positive
    for getting the Sonata!

• stockmanjoestockmanjoe Member Posts: 353
    Yes the fact you can't change stations from the steering wheel is very odd and annoying. I almost feel like bringing it back and having them fix that under warranty LOL!
    It does have the CD changer!

No, it doesn't. It's a single CD/MP3 player. Unless you are thinking of "CD changer" as in you push the eject button, pull out the CD, and change it. :)

The stick shift doesn't have a leather cover because that costs money too. I priced a leather-covered shifter knob for my Elantra GLS (one comes on the GT) and it's over $100! There are so few stick Sonatas sold in the U.S., Hyundai probably said, "Why bother?"
    "* AM/FM/CD/MP3 Audio System It does have the CD changer!"

Yeah, right - ya' might wanna go back and look just a bit closer. All Hyundai's U.S. website lists is the standard equipment "AM/FM/CD/MP3 Audio System with 6 Speakers" for all Sonata models across the board. There was no mention at all of a CD changer except for the LX - and, at that, only as part of an additional $1,450.00 "Premium Package" option which also includes a trunk-mounted subwoofer. You could probably have the take-yer-money-ship install the CD changer* in whatever Sonata you're interested in, though. I have an '03 and enjoy the standard, single disc CD player, but, I will NEVER own another car without at least a six-disc in-dash changer again. It's simply too inconvenient as well as suicidal to try to deal with a disc exchange while driving alone.

*Dunno whether it would be a six-disc in-dash changer or a trunk mounted add-on as in the previous generation Sonata.
  • w9cww9cw Member Posts: 888
    I was talking with the Service Manager of our local Hyundai dealer yesterday, and he stated that Hyundai will be offering another V6 (optional engine??)in the Sonata. I've never read this anywhere, and when he didn't say, but I thought it was interesting nevertheless.
    Interesting, indeed. The Azera's engine is part of the same "Llambda" family, though slightly enlarged in displacement for increased power. Maybe a variation of that motor? (On the other hand, did you have the chance to note which orifice the guy was talking out of? ;))
    If it's optional, it's probably the 3.8L from the Azera. Can you imagine what a Sonata would do with 263 hp? Probably would be close to 6 secs. 0-60. Would be a nice variant to have, especially since the new Camry will likely have the big V6 from the Avalon available. (Personally I think the I4 has plenty of power, but I know for some folks, more is better.)

The other possibility is the new 2.7L engine with about 200 hp, but that would be a step down from the 3.3L engine so I can't see it being an option--unless maybe it would be a new, lower-cost V6 option for the GLS? It is rumored the new Optima will use that engine.
  • jimstrenkjimstrenk Member Posts: 56
    As a further note about the automatic door locks, the factory ships out ALL units with this feature DISABLED.

The dealer will be happy to set the automatic door lock feature for you at one of several different speeds. Check your owners manual for the range of speeds at which the automatic door locks will active at.

NOTE: There is a charge for this service. IT IS NOT WARRANTY WORK and a $48 charge is imposed to have the automatic locks activated.

I had my Sonata serviced specifically to have the locks enabled at 19 MPH. A follow-up service question from Hyundai USA came in the mail a short time later. Making a long story short, I did indicate that I was unhappy to have to pay for the locks to be activated, and should be made part of DEALER PREP. I had further suggested that at the least, this is something the dealership should be disclosing at the vehicle closing and have the locks actived PRIOR TO DELIVERY to eliminate a needless trip back to the dealer AFTER DELIVERY.

The A & B Odometer modes are only available on vehicles NOT EQUIPED with the Trip Computer.

The Telescoping Wheel Adjustment can be found underneath the steering column on the left hand side. It is used to adjust both tilt angle AND column length.

I hope this information helps. :)
  • w9cww9cw Member Posts: 888
    Obviously, I don't have any other input, other than what he said. But, he's been a Service Manager at this dealer for over 10 years, a "straight-shooter", and very knowledgeable on the Hyundai product line. I used to be an auto technician, and we were just shooting the breeze - sort of shop talk if you will.

One other item that may be interesting, especially as to brand marketing. This dealer is a large family-owned dealership with stores throughout the Midwest, and also in Florida, Georgia, and California. They're building a brand new six building facility here over a number of acres which will include the Hyundai, Kia, Mazda, Mitsubishi, Toyota, and VW stores. Currently, they're spread over town in two facilities. The Hyundai, Toyota, and VW brands will have separate showrooms and service facilities, whereas Kia, Mazda, and Mitsubishi will be combined into a single large showroom. The other two buildings are dedicated to a large service building for Kia, Mazda, and Mitsubishi, and a large used car showroom respectively. All of this is in one large contiguous land area off of one of the major interstates in the area. It's nice that Hyundai will have its own stand-alone building; kind of tells you the emphasis they plan on placing on Hyundai marketing and sales.