Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Volvo S80 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

2»

Comments

• beopersonbeoperson Member Posts: 74
    Here is some update on the negotiation process.

Latest offer:

MSRP: $41.115 - Climate, PCC, Park Assist, Black (non-metallic)
    Lease Price: $35.400 (includes 2K Volvo loyalty rebate)
    Residual: 68%
    MF: .00050
    24 month/10.5K miles
    Total out of pocket $1,350
    Includes first month, aquisition fee, DMV and document fees

Monthly payments including NYC tax $370.20
  • osu18osu18 Member Posts: 18
    Is there a Manufacturer to Dealer incentive to support this pricing? this seems the best deal I have seen out there with 2,000 VLP plus a discount of $3,700....
  • carolf2carolf2 Member Posts: 3
    Always dreamed of owning a Volvo, never have. My 1991 Taurus Sho is dying (he served me well all these years ...) but I'm short on money.

Found the following: 2004 S80 25.T AWD 4-Dr Sedan. One owner purchased 8/2004 on lease. Certified Volvo Pre-Owned, 6-yr (i.e. thru 8/2010)/100K extended warranty. Current Mileage = 45,154. Standard stuff, plus leather seats and power moon roof. Certification record shows only two actions taken: replace wipers, put on new tires (all season M+s Radials). Dealer offering price = $23,500. KBB value shows $22,790. Will take to my mechanic before purchase, but will have to put down deposit first.

Two questions:

1. How's the deal?

2. Can anyone here comment on Sesi Volvo in Ann Arbor, MI?
    (now on Jackson Rd) Good experience? Bad experience? How's the service?

I know I'm just one more post, but I hope I can trust you good folks for an anwer soonest. (I've read posts back to 2001 in the general S80 sedan discussion, so I know you're good people.)

Many thanks in advance.
  • volvomaxvolvomax Member Posts: 5,238
    Very good car,shouldn't have any problems.
    Price is about average for a CPO car.
    Should be a little room for talking.
  • carolf2carolf2 Member Posts: 3
    Thanks, Volvomax. I appreciate the response.

My husband is finally home, and I wanted him to see
    the car before I bought it -- just so he can have a
    veto if he feels it necessary. Passed mechanic check
    with flying colors, so I think we'll by it. I will
    see if I can knock down the price a bit.

Again, thanks!
  • archie8archie8 Member Posts: 2
    I'm in the market for a CPO 2004 S80 and have seen many models with miles in the high 40K's going for between $22-25K with AWD.

Is this a fair price from the dealer? AWD is adding about $2K to the cost, I have always driven FWD vehicles, is the AWD necessary? My FWD have performed okay in the winter.

I plan to hold the car for a long time. Are these reliable cars or "money pits?

Thanks in advance for your comments.
  • jeffw2121jeffw2121 Member Posts: 2
    I have just been offered the following lease. We are just preliminary looking so I dont have the exact numbers they are using for residual or money factor. Please let me know if this is a good deal or if I can do better:

2007 Silver Mettallic 3.2 S80 with Black Perforated Leather
    24 month lease/ 12k miles per year
    Sport, Climate, Navigation, Parking Assist, Blind Spot, PCC
    1k down payment
    $479/month plus tax

They let me take it for the weekend to test so I have to return on Monday and let them know.

Thanks for your help
  • cusafrcusafr Member Posts: 184
    I am looking at a nice 2.4L Turbo (2004). I am not famialiar with a turbo engine. Does it have enough power for the S80? Is it a good engine? Or, do I need to fine a good 2.9L?

Thanks for any response,

cusafr
  • heywood1heywood1 Member Posts: 851
    My local dealer has a base 2007 S80 3.2 in stock with absolutely no options. It's black (an undesirable color, maintenance-wise, in my opinion), with tan interior. I live in a cold climate, and the base model lacks heated seats-- another negative. Finally, I can tell from the state inspection sticker that the car has been on the lot for several months.

Based on the abysmal repair record and resale value of my current S80, I can't believe I'm even considering a new one--or any European car, for that matter. (I'd like an Acura MDX, but dealers in my area are standing firm-- even on '07's). Also, the new S80 has received mediocre reviews. But I'm not a BMW or Benz guy, and I think I might be able to steal this particular car. MSRP is $39,400. I'm considering offering $5k less. Thoughts?
  • carshopper27carshopper27 Member Posts: 5
    That sounds reasonable. There is a $2000 rebate so the dealer is only reducing the sticker by $3K. you may want to try lower. It is a nice car but it is so plain for $40K. A loaded S80 is not worth the $50K and I am not sure it a base is worth $35. I guess it is personal preference. The Acura is suprising, maybe an out of state dealer will make you a deal.
  • heywood1heywood1 Member Posts: 851
    Thanks for your 2cents. I definitely agree that a loaded S80 not worth $50K. (My local dealer still has a 2007 V8 in stock that's nearly $54K). Some of these optional safety features on the new model (Blind Spot and Personal Communicator) seem to be answers to questions nobody asked. But a base S80 has many features that were optional or not even available on my (at the time) top-of-the-line 2000 T-6, which stickered for $45,425.

Invoice on a new '07 base 3.2 is $37,113. According to Edmunds, there is no rebate when I enter a western PA zip code. I'm sure the lack of heated seats is why this particular car is still on the lot. Not sure if I'm willing to live without them. Dealer's fault for ordering/accepting this car without Climate Pkg.

Maybe I'll wait until next year for a closeout '08 T-6, if the reviews are better. Crude oil just hit $80 a barrel, and the current buyers' market for autos will only get better, IMO.
  • olivia5olivia5 Member Posts: 2
    Portland Jim Fisher (who I hate but always seem to do business with...)looking for my 5th volvo but have never leased before.
    dealer offer 07 metallic silver on black with sports package and climate and otherwise loaded V6 S80.
    terms are 3k up front and 399/mo with waived security. List on the car is $45k.
    They claim all this wonder expires on Oct 1 (monday)but it seems to me it can only get better after that because of the '08s taking up lot space. Thoughts??
  • jayintxjayintx Member Posts: 2
    I've been looking at these cars since the new '07 and had decided to buy. I visited DeMontrond in Houston and was surprised to hear them tout the benefits of the overseas delivery program. I found what I was looking for in a new '07 on the lot and got a price of $36,500 on a sticker of about $41,000. I did a lot of searches and couldn't seem to beat the price, but they checked and found one in Gothenberg with the sport package, climate package, metallic paint and navigation system and no delivery charge. By picking up the car prior to April 30 (I'm taking delivery April 23), I also got flights for 2 to Rome, 3 nights hotel and breakfast, flights to Gothenberg, 2 days in Gothenberg (breakfast) and limo transport from the airport. The options were free, except for the nav system, which I negotiated down to $1500 from $2200. So I got the car for $37,300 on a sticker of $45,415 and the free vacation, which we were talking about anyway. We're going to take a month after delivery and cruise Germany, Czech Republic and some other Eastern Europe destinations, and the additional insurance is $50. For us, we can wait for the car to be shipped home, and we do a European vacation every year (I can take the time off) so it worked perfectly. I think this is the best deal out there right now, but curious as to what others think.
  • familyshopperfamilyshopper Member Posts: 3
    Looking at buying a 2004 s80 for 1st car for teen. Looked at one today for $11950 with moonroof, heated leather, great condition in/out but high mileage at 90000. One owner (now at dealer) . Most consumer reviews are great, but wondered if mileage should scare us off also if price seemed fair. Thanks for any help out there!
  • twindy1twindy1 Member Posts: 9
    Is your teeen going to be going off to college? I traded my daughter's 2001 Infiniti that I had bought for her when I bought my new S80. I gave her my 2000 S80 thinking that it was a better car and I knew the maintenance history, etc. When it died on her and I took it to a local gargage that is excellent, they told me I had to take it to a Volvo dealer. Said that they couldn't diganose it adn that Volvo was the most difficult foreitn car for non-dealer shops to work on. Bottom line, the car died again a few days later, towed to dealership adn was quoted $2500 to fix. Since she was going off to college in Sept. I didn't waqnt her being stranded and not being able to get the car worked on. Took a "bath" and sold to dealer for $3500 "as is" and bought her a new civic.
  • mkadams9mkadams9 Member Posts: 25
    I went to a Volvo dealer over the weekend to look at the S60 and S80. I was offered the S80 at $3500 below invoice and the S60 at @2500 below invoice for a purchase. Has anybody else had seen this. I haven't seen any rebates that large
  • jay2001jay2001 Member Posts: 19
    Just got a 24 mos/ 10.5k lease quote on a base (no climate, non-metallic) S80 3.2 :
    $415 / month incl NJ tax
    $0 down, $0 due @ signing
    What do you guys think? Would I be able to get it under $400 ? :confuse:
    Thanks.
  • rocknroll389rocknroll389 Member Posts: 31
    What are the best Volvo dealers in NJ to work with? Just starting to shop around for new s80 and would like to know the best NJ dealers in terms of price and service. I'm in central Jersey and willing to travel anywhere in the state.

Also what prices have you guys been seeing in ny/nj area?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,786
    Looks cheap...

What is the MSRP?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• penn2penn2 Member Posts: 128
    I posted this in Lease area but thought if might be of benefit here as well.

Host & others

To add to these great offers, I was offered in writing(email) from two dealers (their INITIAL offer by the way) almost identical for the following 36 mos/12K yr lease. Not pulling the trigger until Mar though

'08 S80 V8
    Climate
    Sport
    DynAudio

no money down - Monthly paymennt $548 incl tax
    out of pocket $1,560 due at signing (tags, bank fees, etc)

I believe this to be fairly good but but neither dealer would provide specifics as to what gets them to the quote (ie selling price, MF, etc).though they acknowledged the $9k of cash available for the V8 ($7K for the T6 I believe).

Host - can you provide me what is current MF/residual for above term and if you know whether they can/will use their buy rate? Is MF likely to change in March?

thank you!!
  • jay2001jay2001 Member Posts: 19
    MSRP approx. $39500.
    Just a base car, but it has everything I need and more. :D
    There is a bulls--t $300 "disposition fee" at the end, though :cry:
  • hollydoghollydog Member Posts: 17
    I am looking to lease a S80 T6 with climate package, satellite radio,etc with an MSRP of $45,425. I have 4 payments left on current Volvo, which the dealer has offered to split (give me a check for $1,130 to cover 2 payments). $698 due at inception. 15,000 miles per year. 36 mont lease at $611 including tax or 48 month lease at $589 including tax. If I purcahse the car the selling price would be $39,750. If I lease the cap cost would be $35,507 (dealer said they have extra money toward leases).
    Is this a good deal? I have been reading on line that others are leasing for under $500 per month with little or nothing down.
    Live in Ohio with top credit rating.
    Thanks for any help you can give me.
  • onconc Member Posts: 26
    I got this offer on S80 base model:
    Cash Down 0 2,700.00 3,700.00
    24 Months 490 370 325
    36 Months 510 430 396
    48 Months 490 425 399
    12,000 miles/yr
    MSRP: 37,900
    Final price: 30,150

What do you guys think?
    Hello, any takers on above deal??
    Please, HELP.
  • archie8archie8 Member Posts: 2
    Take the deal, it is a good offer. Great car!
    Thank you for your reply,
    I am actually getting better deals from other dealers. The car is great as you said, but it is NOT selling. Every delear I called had new 2007 leftover as well as plenty of 2008 and they are aggressive on pricing.
    I will post my final deal here.
  • lesseeofs80lesseeofs80 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks in advance for your help and insight.

2008 S80
    Metallic Paint; no other options
    MSRP $40,020
    Res. Value 44%
    Lease Term 39 months/12K per year mileage
    Penalty $0.20
    Lease End Value $17,608
    Intial Cap Cost $29,153
    Cash Cap Reduction $380
    Adj. Cap Cost $28,773
    Lease Factor .00207
    Base Monthly Pmt $382.27
    Tax $26.76
    Total Monthly Pmt $409.03

Out of Pocket
    Sales Tax $1,070
    Lic & Reg $150
    VCF (?? - not sure what this is?) $695
    Fees $73.16
    Total Due at Start $1,733
    1st Pmt Date July 25
  • gfish49gfish49 Member Posts: 27
    How much of MSRP should I expect to get on a 2008 Volvo S80 V8. Can also get Ford A plan too. I think MSRP is around 54k. Thanks!
  • cohenfivecohenfive Member Posts: 85
    we were in the dealer looking at a v70 (still not sure what current pricing is on it), and as a guide for everyone here they have a leftover 07 s80 on the showroom floor. msrp was $51k+, advertised price was $40k, so more than $11k below sticker without even negotiating...
  • dreammakerdreammaker Member Posts: 3
    The Incentives on the 2009 S80 on Edmunds.com are confusing to me. I am looking for a loaded (no navigation) AWD and the incentives listed are $6500. factory to dealer and there is also listed Lease cash of $3500. (T6) or $6500. (V8). Can anyone verify this? Can you get both or are they mutually exclusive?

The lease cash is for a nonVolvo lease. Since I usually pay cash what is the best way to get the lease cash without the downsides of leasing?

Thanks for any information.
  • tinman1412tinman1412 Member Posts: 10
    Below is the best offer from a dealer in dallas for a brand new 2009 Volvo S80 3.2

Sticker Price: $43,640
    Convenience Package
    Silver Metallic
    Blind Spot Detection

Offer: $33000 Out The Door Price.

Should I buy it?
  • sonic2000sonic2000 Member Posts: 11
    Is it 2009?
    If yes, I think it's a good deal. At least in my area, the dealer tried to sell S60 for $32,2xx.
  • jimin327jimin327 Member Posts: 17
    I got a quote for 2009 S80 for $31,995 after all discounts and haggling.
    How much lower can I get this? I was looking for $30,400 but dealer wouldn't budge. I'm in the Philadelphia area. Any help would be appreciated
  • jimcufsemalljimcufsemall Member Posts: 10
    Im also in the philly area Jimin327. I got the S80 with climate and dealer installed rear seat DVD quoted at 33,000 even, sticker was 43500. That includes $1000 volvo loyalty rebate for my trade in too. Let me know how you make out.
    so $33,000 OTD or before taxes/fees? How much did you get for your trade in not including loyalty rebate?
    The 33,000 included the loyalty rebate, they are giving me 8000 for my 2004 S60 2.5T, which I think is a tad low. None of the above includes tax or tags. Ive been to 2 philly area dealers, they both gave me the same price on the car, just differing on the trade in. Im still workin it!
    that price of 33k sounds high considering you have a trade and there's the $6250 rebate on the car this month. what dealerships have you gone to? how aggressive are you with negotiating? my price of $31,995 was without trade and included $6250 rebate.
    Let me clarify that a bit..my offers I got are 33,000 for the S80, minus my 8000 trade which puts me around 25k plus tax and tags. The sticker on the car is 43,575. Feel free to email me and I will let yo uknow where Ive been so far.
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    A large newspaper reporter is looking to speak to consumers who went from owning a luxury car (BMW, Lexus, Mercedes-Benz, etc.) to a premium non-luxury vehicle recently. If you purchased the vehicle using the Cash for Clunkers program, please let me know as well. Please send your daytime phone number and the vehicle you own to ctalati@edmunds.com by Wednesday, August 5.
  • futureman44futureman44 Member Posts: 12
    Jimin327

Did you end up getting the Volvo S-80? What price did you end up paying? I am in the Phila area. What dealer did you use?

Thanks
  • gimmesnamegimmesname Member Posts: 1
    MSRP $40050

ice white on sandstone interior

Driveout price, including tax, title, registration, fees, max legal tint: $32459.

How did I do? Car has 4 miles on it when we test drove it, and 11 when I bought it. Manufactured in 4/10
  • caddiguycaddiguy Member Posts: 4
    Great price.

Here's my new purchase:
    S80 2010
    Climate Package + Sirius Radio
    MSRP $42,050
    $3000 Rebate + 72 month 0%
    or
    $6000 Rebate w/o financing
    I figured with the amortization table the finance deal was worth about $4000 in interest costs....so I went with $3000 plus 72 month 0%

I am told that the 0% is usually renewed by months end for another month but the don't advertise it.

Good deal??
  • bbrimmerbbrimmer Member Posts: 32
    edited June 2010
    Is it the base FWD? Would check www.trucar.com to compare. But you can get a base S80 before options for about $32,500 in the NYC metro area.That's most likely w/o the financing. Please let me know what you decide, but it sounds like you have been doing your homework.
    This S80 car was a FWD with base paint.
    Options:
    1. Climate Package
    2. Sunroof
    3. Sirius radio (the s80 is Sirius-wired but radio unit can be added by dealer)

I checked about six dealers on the internet, both in state and out of state within 4 hours. The range I got was $3000 to $6000 off of list ( $42,488) w/o financing and $300 to $3000 w/ financing of 0% 72 months.

I've had it for three weeks.....like it a lot.
    Hope that helps anyone.
  • i_want_a_v0l0i_want_a_v0l0 Member Posts: 1
    The Volvo web site states the 0% financing comes with a $14 per month per $1000 financed. Is this correct? Is there any chance you can share the details of the finance? (no personal details of course.)
  • tmex12tmex12 Member Posts: 15
    Has anyone experienced this issue?

I just purchased a 2008 S80 with 28,000 from a Volvo dealership. Drove it today after a week of travel and noticed its slow off a start - delayed response when the throttle is depressed. Mind you this is not a cold start, but getting off the block at a red light or intersection.

Is this a mechanical or software issue. I need some information from this community before taking it in to the dealership this weekend.

Thanks in advance
    Yes that's correct. It is a 72 month amortization for the balance. No prepayment penalty either. Most dealers it was either MSRP or 0% financing however look for one that will give a few thousand off MSRP and 0% like I found. Hope that's what you were looking for.
  • atj1atj1 Member Posts: 1
    Just purchased an '08 S*) V8 w/sport pkg w/ 8K mi. I travelled from OH to a DC area dealer as the car was a svc loaner and appeared like-new. Upon arrival, it was as presented on AutoTrader, etc. Paid 1/2 of $54L MSRP, but options lacked inlcude the DynaAudio which I would have preferred to the stnd audio system. Has the extra-cost silver paint, sport pksg, cold weather pkg, dealer appearance pkg, etc.

So far, I love the car and especially the deal! Not many on the road either. I was about to buy an '09 E350 Sport, but this car, in my opinion, is superior but for the future resale value.

ATJ1
  • dave_the_pedave_the_pe Member Posts: 1
    Just wondering if there are many 2010's left in dealer inventory. The dealers seem to not share too much online about there stock levels. Looking locally here on LI, NY the seem to have very little of '10's or '11's if the web sites are to be believed.

If anybody has any recent buying experience (Sept/Oct) in the NY Metro area I'd love to hear it. The '02 S60 is going to the kids and I honestly prefer the current S80 to the New S60. If not, maybe next year?

Dave
  • roversocalroversocal Member Posts: 1
    I am in LA, Cali. I purchased this car for $9,500 out the door. Has 76k miles. A few repair issues. Replaced front struts & brakes ($750) and timing belt service ($650). What do you guys think? The car looks nice. Has the twin turbo 268 hp xenon lights. Parking sensors. Just a little worried about Volvo reliability. I don't want any more repairs or issues!!