Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

BMW 7-Series Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• rock64rock64 Member Posts: 4
    I am just very happy with my 750Li I got from McKenna in S California. Maybe not the best deal ($3500 off MSRP) but a great experience from the manager who handles the internet department. Made the deal on the phone and they had my car and paperwork ready when I got there.
  • bimmeresqbimmeresq Member Posts: 15
    I'm in the SoCal area and am in the market for either a 2006 5 series or a 2006 7 series. Would you happen to have any referrals to a BMW sales team in SoCal to run bottom-line numbers? By the way, can you please tell me what your best deal was (as a comparison)? Thank you very much.
  • dmason12dmason12 Member Posts: 16
    2006 750i w/ MSRP of $80.695 (nicely equipped). Leasing for 36 months/36K miles. Money factor 0.0020 (4.8%) and resid of 60%. Negotiated price of $75,395 ($5300 off MSRP and $1330 above invoice). Payment is $1021.00 + tax. Total drive off of $1710.00 including 1st pmt and registration (CA state). The $825 bank fee through BMW FS was rolled into the lease. Sterling BMW, Newport Beach.
  • jvprjvpr Member Posts: 48
    Do you know if anyone has been approved with a beacon in the 600s and how high the score was?

Do you know what credit report BMW Financial uses?

I'm at a 670 Equifax score and I'm kinda nervous about them pulling up my credit and me not getting approved. I know Lexus would approve me since they are on a tier method and 670 is good enough for them- but BMW is very secretive about the beacons. I make $85,000 and have 100k in law school loans on deferment status. I also just paid all of my credit cards and I have not one late payment on my current car. I pay $450 a month religiously. I would like to know what kind of a chance I have to get into a BMW lease. Can you give me advice? Do you think I can get approved?
  • wabendswabends Member Posts: 102
    Before taking delivery of my recently purchased 2003 745Li from an out of state, I obtained a copy of the vehicle history report from the BMW dealership. According to the report, one of the options on the car was heated steering wheel but this feature was missing. Has this happened to anyone before? If so, how was the matter resolved? Any information that you can share would be appreciated.

Wabends
  • advocadoadvocado Member Posts: 1
    670 credit report is fine. The annual income/100k loan may be an issue. Of course, the more you're willing to pay down at drive off, the better. Past history of prompt car payments will certainly help. I assume no judgments or foreclosures. I would make the best deal I could with the dealer and submit your application. I certainly wouldn't fail to do it because I "may" be turned down. Good luck!
  • bdr127bdr127 Member Posts: 950
    The annual income/100k loan may be an issue.

They're deferred student loans.... Most financial institutions won't care at all about this.

For one, it's deferred so they aren't paying anything at this point in time. When they eventually are making payments on it, most students loans are taken out to a term that makes payments only a couple hundred bucks. For someone making pre-tax $7000/month, that couple hundred wouldn't make a lick of difference to a lender even if they were paying on it now...

Second, lenders don't look at student loans the same way they look at, say, credit card debt. They consider it "good" debt... it was simply an investment toward their future of potential increased earnings.
  • jvprjvpr Member Posts: 48
    exactly and excellent response! the loans are law school / mba student loans and are on deferment status till next year... i pay 450 a month on my jeep and just sent in a payment of $800- so $450 a month is a joke to me-not that i wanna pay more- but i am able to pay more... as for credit cards they were all paid off and my beacon is where it is because my credit cards were maxed out... at the end of the day what hurts your credit the most is credit cards- and making late payments on installment loans- that's the bottom line... credit cards will hurt you big time if not handled accordingly and keeping balances less than 30% minimum... i'm waiting to see how high my beacon will go after paying off 4 cards with low balances no more than $500... do you have any idea approximately if everything else stays the same, how many more points i can accumulate on my beacon score overall after paying off all credit cards?
    J
  • bdr127bdr127 Member Posts: 950
    I don't know how much it'll affect your score, but I do know that it'll take a couple months for your paid-off balances to be reflected on your credit report.
  • allcarsrcoolallcarsrcool Member Posts: 113
    im sorry

i love the 7 series

but why is it priced at $80,000

is it even worth that much?

this may just be my opinion but it seems it should be more like $60,000 base rather than $80,000

but then what bmw isnt overpriced?
  • jpfivejpfive Member Posts: 37
    J: I can't believe you are thinking about getting a 7-series with a $1000 lease fresh out of grad school. Please tell me you are really looking at 3-series. You have to have some delayed gratification before you're partner :)
  • carnut19carnut19 Member Posts: 1
    I am looking to lease a 2006 750iL. Can anyone direct me to a good deal in the Chicagoland area? I am looking for a 36 month lease with 25k miles per year.

I was quoted $1,544 for a car with an MSRP of $83,240. If I use Edmund's guide to figuring my lease payment, the lease payment should be between $1,277 (if the car is bought at invoice) or $1,430 (if the car is bought at $2,500 below MSRP). (Please note, these prices INCLUDE sales tax).

Can anyone offer any guidance?
    Is it realistic to expect to pay invoice or near invoice?
    How accurate is the Edmunds guide to calculating lease payments? Can I really get close to invoice?
    Any dealers in Chicago hungrier than the rest?
  • vsaxenavsaxena Member Posts: 211
    First of all never lease a car outside warranty, especially a BMW. So you should do a 24 month lease @ 25K miles/year.

You should consider European Delivery to save cash on the 7 series.

And leasing in Illinois is not all that great since end up paying sales tax on the entire purchase price!
  • emauroemauro Member Posts: 9
    I'm looking at an msrp of 84390 36 mths 10k residual 61%
    dealer is trying to get 1261 a month, with a money factor of .00240. My calculation shows the dealer making about 6% over invoice.
    Any comments on the money factor and the margin
    also is the 1300 a month security deposit a dealer option?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    From my numbers, I'd say the dealer is making a lot more than that...

Do you know the selling price? What is the amount due at signing? Does the monthly payment include tax?

You can have the security deposit waived, but it will result in an increase in the money factor... It is a better deal to make the deposit..

I've got other comments, but I'll wait for your answers..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

heres the latest deal I got yesterday
    msrp 84390 cap cost 80290 includes 625 in acqusition fees
    residual 61% 10k 36 mth
    factor .0022928
    monthly including tax $1179.63
    start ups First month plus registration $1445.00
    That is a lot better.. they are still bumping up the money factor for extra profit..

If they used the base factor, and you made a security deposit, then the payment would be about $1064/mo.+tax..

Don't know your tax rate, but that is what I would be shoooting for... Probably $2500-$2600 upfront, of which $1150 would be a refundable security deposit.

Your are close to that, though... not bad..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

tax rate is 7%
    what is the base factor .00200?
    Can you tell me the relationship between the security deposit and the factor.
    BMWFS sets the money factor... The base money factor (aka "buy rate") is .0020...

BMWFS allows the dealer to mark-up the money factor for extra profit.. The maximum mark-up is .0004, resulting in a total money factor of .0024..

If you are a first time BMW lessee, you must make a security deposit, or you may have it waived for an extra .00015 bump in the money factor..

So... base MF with a security deposit is .0020..
    Base MF w/o security deposit is .00215

Maximum MF w/security deposit is .0024
    Maximum FM w/o security deposit is .00255

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks for the info
    I am a first time bmw lessee.
    The current deal calls for no security deposit.
    What amount of security buys the rate down .00015.
    also who sets the security.
    Is it also true BMWFS is a pass/ fail and not necessarily tied to a beacon score?

Regards,
    ed
    The security deposit is your payment, rounded up to the next $50 increment.. The leasing company controls this..

BMWFS has always been pass/fail in the past, but I read that they are going to start tiered rate structures.. not sure when, though...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

heh kyfdx
    what do you think of this deal
    msrp 86590
    monthly $1219.33 including tax
    factor.00200
    acquisition 625.00 capitalized
    36 mths
    60% resid
    starts first ,security, $200.00 registration($2669.33)
    my calculation the dealer is making 4.92% margin over invoice $78745.00

Do you think theirs any more room?.

Ed
    I get the same numbers as you, I think...

A selling price of around $82,600

That's about half-way between invoice and MSRP..

Is that a good deal? No idea, really... We don't see enough sales of 7-series here to get a good feel for the market.... That is around $3850 over invoice... sounds like a lot, but I doubt that BMW dealers are willing to take skinny deals on $85K cars...

Base money factor and acquisition fee are good... Doesn't look like any extra padding in there..

The lease program is pretty decent right now for an '06 model at the end of the year... That is a really strong residual, and likely much higher than real-world depreciation... I'd certainly take this lease deal before I would purchase the car... Even with $43K in payments over the next three years, you'll come out ahead over buying it..

Good luck!
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

thought you would like to know the final deal:
    2006 750LI
    MSRP $84390
    $2700 down( includes 1200 security and first month)
    36 mth 12k
    Monthly payment $1194.60 includes 7% tax.
    I've put 600 miles on the car, what a beauty.
    thanks for your input

regards,
    Ed
    Congratulations!!

That must be one nice ride...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• jbfitzjbfitz Member Posts: 3
    Will soon begin negotiating BMW 750Li lease here in
    San Diego. Looking for rock-bottom gross cap and would like to shoot for 2% over invoice. Credit score 750, annual gross greater than $200K, currently leasing 2005 325i, will need at least 15K/year,and will put down deposit (2500-5000) as needed. Goal is to spend no more than $1,000 monthly. What are my chances and what else should I be doing to bring in the deal? Also, as a single person who rarely has passengers, would I do just as well with the 750i instead of the Li?
  • bigmoe1bigmoe1 Member Posts: 3
    just bought a 04 li with 45k on it..black/black..loaded...for 40 grand..i thought i got a good deal but my cousin says i could have done better...is he right or was this a good deal??
  • rvd72rvd72 Member Posts: 4
    looks like a good deal to me. where are you located by chance? i'm looking for a similar deal in southern california.

RVD.
    im actually in nyc but i bought the car on ebay..it was from phoenix az..i had it checked out thru carfax and an independent mechanic, autochex.
  • kuku62kuku62 Member Posts: 7
    I am getting the following deal on a '06 750LI Demo/Alpine White w/gray interior/Comfort Access/Luxury Seating PKG/Rear heated seats/Rear shades/Convenience Package/Satellite Radio - 11,500 miles

Atlanta area dealer.

Down=$2,000
    Lease Terms=36 mo/36K miles
    Payment=$899/mo

My question is...should I go for it or not??
    you can confirm the deal by knowing the money factor /msrp and cap cost of the car.Also what is in the $2000 down/Is the 899 tax in?
    located in florida. just drove the car on a 1200 mile road trip. Fantastic on the highway
  • rohan25rohan25 Member Posts: 4
    I recently bought a Late 2003 (Aug 2003 in service) 745i blk/blk sport package with 21K miles (was a corporate executive car) for $40K.

Is this a good deal?

Thanks
    I was actually seeing similiar deals, instead i opted for the 04 li, even though the mileage was higher, figured i'd rather have an 04 instead of an 03 for the same price...but your deal sounds fine to me. Enjoy!
  • rvd72rvd72 Member Posts: 4
    this is the deal i have so far. is there any more room to go down?

2006 750i (new)
    sport
    convenience
    comfort access
    premium sound
    luxury seating
    rear shades
    hd radio
    satellite radio

residual 60%
    3 yr / 36k miles

msrp: $82790
    cap cost: $77760 (edmunds says invoice is $75585)

i am a first time leaser.

MF is .00215 but i will add 7 refundable security deposits ($7700) to bring the MF down to .00166
    monthly: $1074 (including tax)

drive off would be $10045
    refundable security would be $7700

i don't think there is much room in the MF but maybe the price?

RVD.
    margin over invoice is 2.8% good
    might want to consider putting down one deposit of 1100.00
    mf would be .00200
    payment would be 1107 including tax. don't know your zip using 7% tax.
    Take the 7700.00 buy an i bond yielding 6.75 % you would be ahead $200.00 as opposed to giving it to bmw.
  • blckislandguyblckislandguy Member Posts: 1,150
    Congrats on not having one late payment (like most adults) on your curent car, but your view of the world is nuts and is going to impoverish you. Pay off the Jeep, keep it, attack the 100K loans, build equity in something, and forget about BMWs that you can't afford to rent (let alone buy).

Starting out like this, you're going wind up like half the MDs/JDs in America: buried up to their eyeballs in debt at 60, renting luxury cars on a 36 month treadmill that they can't get off of, and unable to enjoy life or contemplate retirement.
  • ajgolfajgolf Member Posts: 2
    Looking at a '07 750i with the following features
    Sport Package
    Luxury Seating
    Comfort Access
    Premium Sound
    Convenience Package
    High Definition radio
    Satellite Radio

MSRP is $85,790
    "wholesale" is $79,440

The "wholesale price" contains 2 items I am unfamiliar with (1) MACO - $380 and (2) Training Service Fee $180 - are these bogus?

Also the Lease quote is $1500 over "wholesale" = $80,940 + $870 aquistion fee (which seems $245 too high based on the input I have seen on this forum that the acutal fee is $625) bringing the Adjusted Cap Cost to $81,810.

Money Factor seems in line at .0020 with security deposit and .00215 without. 58% residual with 15,000 miles on a 36 month lease, also appears fair.

My concern is the $850 in "extra fees" and if the "whlesale price" seems fair. I'm I being taken and ??
    Thanks for the input.
    1) Training fee and MACO are legitimate invoice charges.. The training fee is on every US BMW.. MACO is an advertising fee that varies by region/metro area.. Some dealers don't have it.. but that is rare.

2) I'm guessing the $870 includes $825 for acquisition fee and $45 for the document fee (California, right?). The acquisition fee is marked up the maximum $200 allowed by BMWFS (extra profit for the dealer).

3) With MACO, your "wholesale" price seems pretty close.. I didn't spec it out exactly, but it is definitely in the right range ($200 +/-)

.0020 is the base money factor... Be sure to make the security deposit... the MF bump is a bad deal..

Taking everything into account... if you get the base MF, then the deal is under $2K over "cost".. Not bad for an $85K car..

Did they quote you a payment? You'll want to see if the payment and the upfront money match all of the other numbers...

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• ajgolfajgolf Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the info kyfdx, I appreciate it.

To answer your Qs - the payment with $3,094 drive off (which includes a $1250 security deposit) is $1,239.

Without the security drive off is $1,865 ($1229 less, not sure how that worked??) and payment is $1,261

This is $22 per month more x 36 month = $792 over life of the lease. By my calculations if I do NOT put down the deposit I am ahead $437 -- $1228 (less drive off)- $792 (increased payment). So why would I want to put the security deposit down as you indicted?

Thanks again,
    ajgolf
  • 9320006693200066 Member Posts: 2
    I need your help!!!!!
    I'm leasing a 2007 750LI, MSRP$78,100 + Convenience pkg $1,000 + 19' wheels $1,300 + Sat Radio $595 + Destination charge $695 Total $81,690.

Question: Having I a good deal if give $1,000 TOP and the payments will be $1,100 monthly, 36 months, 10,000 miles a year.........???????

If not, where I can get a better deal...???

Thanks and merry christmas
    At the end of the lease... you get the security deposit back..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• 9320006693200066 Member Posts: 2
    Dear kyfdx:
    No, i'm not getting anything back at the end.
    Thx
  • hwoodberyhwoodbery Member Posts: 5
    What is generally better, when driving high mileage (30k/year). To buy or lease?

Thanks

Herbert
  • frank36frank36 Member Posts: 3
    40,000 miles, BMW certified, with nav, conv. pkg, Lux Seat Pkg, has smokers package, I could not smell any smoke, I don't smoke...for $45,500.
    Can someone tell me if this is a good deal, or should I wait for an '05.
    Thanks in advance.
  • iceman2iceman2 Member Posts: 23
    In the Chicago area - BMW dealer has a NEW leftover 2006 750i. They want it off the lot and willing to deeply discount. I'm having a hard time finding new pricing/invoice info on '06's. Looking to negotiate a steep discount, then a great lease. The car's sticker as follows:

Car $71,800
    Luxury Seating
    Premium Sound
    Comfort Access
    Satellite
    Rear Shade
    Total MSRP $79,990

Any thoughts on price to offer?
  • bigfacebigface Member Posts: 1
    I'm in the Chicago area and in the market for an 07 750 Li w/ the following:

Lease terms: 36 months
    Mileage: 15,000 per year
    Registered in: Chicago, Cook County, Illinois 60608
    Down Payment: $0.00
    Roll In: All taxes, license and transfer fees, etc.

Vehicle Specifications:
    Make and Model: BMW 2007 750Li Sedan
    Exterior Options: Sterling Gray Metallic (or titanium gray)
    Interior Options: Beige w/Nasca Leather (or cream beige)
    Trim: Dark High Gloss Wood Trim

* 4.8 liter DOHC, 32-valve, 360-hp
    * 8-cylinder engine
    * Bluetooth Compatible
    * Rear-wheel drive
    * Full list of Standard Features
    * BMW Ultimate Service™
    o 4-Year/50,000-mile Warranty
    o BMW Maintenance Program
    o Roadside Assistance Program
    o BMW Assist™

Added Options and Accessories:
    • Luxury Seating Package
    • Comfort Access
    • Premium Sound Package
    • DVD player
    • SIRIUS Satellite Radio
    • Night Vision
    • Mud Flaps
    • Phone integration
    • “iPod Your BMW” integration

Please help.
  • eric312eric312 Member Posts: 71
    I have been trying to sell my 2001 740i for over a month now by posting it on cars.com, autotrader and craigslist.

I lowered the ASKING price to $100 less than kelley blue book private party average (i do live in New York city) and still no calls.

The car has 63,000 miles and in great shape.

Has anyone tried to sell a 7series themselves, any suggestions?
  • tmiller9301tmiller9301 Member Posts: 2
    I just bought a 740 from a wholesaler for pennies on the dollar. I think that you can save a bundle purchasing a vehicle from a wholesaler rather than a Dealership. The vehicle I bought booked out at $16415, and I got it for $10875. www.lakeshoreautowholesalers.com is the site I found it at check it out you might be surprised.
  • mlocamloca Member Posts: 15
    I just stopped into a BMW dealership to look at a 530Xi and the saleperson said I should check out a Certified 745Li with 59K miles. It has the maintenance plan to 100K miles too (everything scheduled plus brakes, rotors, wipers, everything but tires). They want $30K for it. Is this a reasonable price?

The car is very clean, saw the records (bought and maintained at the same dealership).