Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2007 Toyota Camry

Comments

• ctalkctalk Posts: 646
    I said that the moonroof and leather is standard on the V6 models and NOT THE
    4-CLYINDER models. But on the 4 cylinder models you can get the XLE Premium Plus Package which comes with both alloy wheels, moonroof and leather.

Those Spy-photos may be missing key details that may stand out on the 2007 Camry that are covered, but i agree that the side doesn't look all the different.
  • glanwinglanwin Posts: 28
    I totally agree with you. I test drove my sister's 05 LE 4 Cyl auto and found out the gas mileage is no where close to EPA estimate. I guess the best I can get is probably around 29-30 if I really slow down my cruising speed. However, I will be shot at by anyone who drives by me in LA if I do that :sick: .

Those people, who claim they can get above ESP estimates, are probably have problem with their math anyway :D .
  • 210delray210delray Posts: 4,722
    Try this math (the first 3 are for long trips, the last is the overall "grand average"):

Start miles: 1029, with full tank. End miles: 1738. Miles driven = 709. Two more fillups = 20.07 gallons. Miles per gallon = 35.3

Start miles: 3009, with full tank. End miles: 3553. Miles driven = 544. One more fillup = 15.01 gallons. Miles per gallon = 36.2

Start miles: 4177, with full tank. End miles: 4993. Miles driven = 816. Two more fillups = 23.37 gallons. Miles per gallon = 34.9

Start miles: 19, with full tank. End miles: 15,802. Miles driven = 15,783. Total gas added = 578.84 gallons. Miles per gallon = 27.3

2004 Camry LE 4-cylinder, 4-speed auto, EPA 23 city, 32 highway.
  • dudleyrdudleyr Posts: 3,428
    Actually it is very easy to get better than EPA estimates - especially since you need to add 28% to the highway number just to get what the EPA measured.

I think the numbers above are spot on, and the 5 speed (manual or automatic) will do even better.

If you can't get 30 mpg on the highway in a Camry you are driving exceptionally fast, calculating wrong, or something is wrong with the vehicle.
  • njexpressnjexpress Posts: 170
    Hi all,
    Inside Line predicts the V6-es to be in the 250-260 BHP vicinity; Just curious to find out what it might be for the hybrids; Accord hybrids are rated at 255 BHP...
    Most importantly - Will ther eeven BE a V6 hybrid?
    Seems like Toyota is catching on with the HP race considering how the Avalon :shades: surpassed the Maxima :P for 2005..
    Happy fouth of July to Everyone!
    Cheers!!
    --NJExpress
  • motownusamotownusa Posts: 836
    I believe the hybrid Camry will have the same powertrain as the RX400H, at least that is what most of the auto magazines are reporting. I have yet hear about a 4 cylinder hybrid. I guess Toyota thinks the Prius will suit those people just fine. So expect around 270 Hp and a price tag in the low 30's. I am guessing gas mileage would be similar to the Accord Hybrid which means anywhere from high 20's to high 30's.
  • loucapriloucapri Posts: 214
    I agree. It looks a little like the current model from the outside.
    I am not into the 02-05 model look because it looks just like you mentioned, the Taurus/Neon tail lights.

I was hoping the new 07 will have more straight line body then the current curves. It will be nice to see the 07 gets the style like the new Lexus or the Avalon but I guess the spy photos suggested the other ways.

that's just my taste and I am sure many people like the current model's look.
  • one91mr2one91mr2 Posts: 11
    Actually, the 2007 Camry is a nice departure from the current 5th generation. It's still conservative, but definitely an improvement. Go to Toyota Nation's site for uncamo'd spy shots. http://www.toyotanation.com

It just might win you over since the ugly tails are gone and the lines are much sharper. Overall, a much cleaner body style.
  • autoguy1autoguy1 Posts: 87
    Looks like they just released news of the 2006 Camry. I was surprised to see it. I thought they would stretch the MY2005 to the end of this year and make the MY2007 debut early. Atleast that's from the rumors of the the early debut around next February.

2006 Camry Info
  • alpha01alpha01 Posts: 4,747
    a 2006 that arrives here next month, and shortening the 2006 MY is likely what will happen. I still think, especially given the spy shots of running vehicles, that the next Camry (gen 6) will arrive in March of 2006 as an '07 model.

~alpha
  • chris65amgchris65amg Posts: 372
    A bit more Lexus-y than the last generation. I like it.
  • iancariancar Posts: 31
    The pictures that are posting on edmund's spy shot is almost identical with Toyota, Crown series in Japanese Market
    http://toyota.jp/crownroyal/exterior/garally/index.html
    If this is taken in North America, it could be an indication that toyota is planning to replace "Window" as ES330 with "Crown Series" from Japan.
  • maxamillion1maxamillion1 Posts: 1,467
    I think it will be here around late Feb. or early March of 2006.

Alpha is RARELY wrong about things...so I'm agreeing with him :)
  • dudleyrdudleyr Posts: 3,428
    That is nice! With the possible exception of the trendy tail lights.
  • ctalkctalk Posts: 646
    I agree, it looks a lot more like the Mark X. The Front of the Toyota Crown looks more like a Lexus LS to me. I love the Mark X ehaust pipes, do you think they'll have it on the Camry... probably not but you never know.
  • iancariancar Posts: 31
    The grill in the spy shot is too big, too long and too boxy to be a Mark X. Beside, Mark X is position as upscale and racy level of Camry in Asian market with virtually the same size. It will not make any sense for Toyota to bring it to its North American Market. But the next generation Camry could share its platform somehow, because Mark X is built on a new generation of Toyota mid-size FF platform.
  • alpha01alpha01 Posts: 4,747
    Thanks boss! I just report what I've read on this and other forums, and use a bit of Toyota knowledge to make a few assumptions.

Hope you have a great Fourth!

~alpha

PS- I dont necessarily think the Mark or the Crown are the basis for the styling of the next Camry. Everyone said the Crown was going to be what the next Avalon looked like, and well... not so much.
    The Mark X is basically a new Cressida, which the Avalon replaced years ago here in the U.S. Furthermore, the Mark X's "X-Body" platform is shared with the 2006 Lexus GS, 2006 Lexus IS, and is a RWD/AWD platform ONLY. It will only be used in the Lexus lineup.

The 2007 Camry is based on the FWD/AWD (Japan only) 5th Generation Camry chassis, which in 2002, was designed from the ground up. The Camry chassis lasts 10-15 years depending on the introduction of Camry platform based variants like: the Avalon, the Highlander/RX330/400h, and Solara. The 2005 Avalon uses a lengthened 5th generation Camry platform, whereas the 2000-2004 Avalon used a lengthened 4th generation Camry platform. The 4th generation Camry platform was a carryover from the previous 3rd generation, but was modified slightly to increase the Camry's size. See the pattern?
  • jchan2jchan2 Posts: 4,956
    Since there are some Camry spy pics out there, any chance of ES pics?
  • autoguy1autoguy1 Posts: 87
    It looks like it, but never said it was gonna be one. The Crown is just to much towards the LS430, IMO.
  • motownusamotownusa Posts: 836
    The Crown is one notch below the Celsior ( Japanese version of the LS 430 ) and one notch above the Windom ( ES 300/330 in Japan ). I doubt the next generation Camry will be based on either the Crown or Mark X platform since both of those cars are RWD.
    a RWD Camry? That's funny :D

I think that Toyota should be more obvious about their new models. Like Ford.
  • canuck3canuck3 Posts: 6
    Does anybody think the 2007 camry would have a manumatic? (Shiftronic...etc, whatever you'd like to call it) Also, I have a car with that right now, I often wondered if I put it into the manual mode, would that save gas compared to leaving it in automatic mode especially on the highway. Anyone out there know?
  • lmacmillmacmil Posts: 1,756
    "I often wondered if I put it into the manual mode, would that save gas compared to leaving it in automatic mode..."

I think the computer is probably smarter than you are (no offense :) ) so leaving it in auto mode will probaby produce the best results.
  • nippononlynippononly SF Bay AreaPosts: 12,687
    Toyota should not do ANYTHING like Ford! :-/

It's still pretty rare to see manumatics in the transportation-class midsize sedans, and besides they are designed for sporty shifting, where the Camry really does not have "sport" anywhere in its design portfolio. I suppose maybe the SE could eventually have one...but I doubt there will be one across the board for Camry in '07.

2013 Civic SI, 2009 Outback Sport 5-spd (stick)

""Toyota should not do ANYTHING like Ford! :-/ ""

That comment I made was half-sarcastic. I do like it how Ford wears their new cars on their sleeves, so to speak. That's about it, though.

I don't know about a manumatic. I think that the only one in the Toyota portfolio is a six-speeder that is going into Lexus models (but I really don't know). I wouldn't rule out a six speed auto though. Or a manumatic for the SE. I liked the manumatic in the MR2 Spyder.....
    The 2005 Avalon uses a manumatic with the same 5 speed automatic transmission as the Camry V6's, the U151E. Granted, it's axle ratio was modified for a more powerful V6, but I'd expect a manumatic in all Camry trims.

The MR2 Spyder used a sequential manual transmission, which is quite different from a shiftable automatic. SMT/SMG's use computers to actuate the clutch, and it doesn't shift automatically.. It also doesn't use a torque converter like automatics do.
  • nippononlynippononly SF Bay AreaPosts: 12,687
    Avalon is not the volume seller that Camry is. In a high volume model, you have to keep the costs down to keep the price down, hence it seems to me it is unlikely that all Camrys will get one. Maybe the V-6s, or just the SE's, or something like that.

Something called a "sport edition" really SHOULD have a manumatic IMO.

2013 Civic SI, 2009 Outback Sport 5-spd (stick)

• finfin atlantaPosts: 588
    Comments on the 2005 Avalon board recently have mentioned the 2007 Camry and a major makeover. Looking at post #257 above and the pics... wow!

Is that really the new Camry body style? Anybody have any mechanical info, such as engines and transmissions, or other specs?

Good looking pics and the car in the pictures is a knockout...whatever it is. Looks like a "near Avalon". :)