Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2001 Tacoma TRD 4WD tires

nonunionnonunion Member Posts: 11
edited March 2014 in Toyota
For a smooth ride,what tires do you recommend for a 2001 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4WD with extended cab (265-70-17)?

Comments

• Options
    kg11kg11 Member Posts: 530
    Good street tire with great wet pavement traction and acceptable off road traction.
  • Options
    saddaddysaddaddy Member Posts: 566
    Won't find a better tire. A little cheaper than the AT/S (also a good tire, but I have heard of several cases of abnormal wear that was unstoppable). Also Bridgstone Dueler AT or AT Revo.
  • Options
    2k1trd2k1trd Member Posts: 301
    I like the factory BF rugged trails.
  • Options
    nonunionnonunion Member Posts: 11
    I made a mistake in my message posting a few days ago. I'm looking for a smooth riding tire for a 2001 Tacoma 4WD size 265/70/16 (not 17).
      Same suggestions ?
  • Options
    slorenzenslorenzen Member Posts: 694
    Never worked well if you hit any standing water(.5" even) on the highway. Even when new, my truck(02 TRD V6) would pick up over any water....kinda scary.
    I replaced mine with Nokian Attivva, and they are nice and quiet on the highway, yet properly siped for water dispersion.
  • Options
    tacomatacomatacomatacoma Member Posts: 2
    I recommend the Toyo Open Country A/T. I've driven them on both my Tacoma and my dad's Tundra, and they're just fantastic. They're the quietest, best handling 4x4 tires I've ever driven, and they hold they're own on the dirt. They're a little pricier, but if you buy them from a Les Schwab dealer, they're guaranteed, no questions asked, for the warranted life of the tire.
  • Options
    pontiacrickpontiacrick Member Posts: 26
    I'm looking at a 2WD Prerunner that has the locking differential. Was wondering if any one has experienced how well this vehicle might perform in moderate snow? I live in Indiana and while we don't always get very much snow, when we do, and I've driven other 2WD pickups, there is usually alot of wheel spin and stuck situations. Would "snow" tires help? Any advice or experience appreciated.
  • Options
    2k1trd2k1trd Member Posts: 301
    I have a 01 Tacoma TRD 4wd and basically it's pretty much useless in 2wd on snow covered roads.I'm shocked that they even sell the 2wd version in the areas of snowfall.Trust me,get the 4wd for snowy conditions.
  • Options
    idahoidaho Member Posts: 4
    Tacomatacoma: I've heard the same good reports regarding the Toyo. Do you know if one size larger than the standard tires will affect the warranty? (I have an '03 Tacoma SR5 Double Cab TRD V6 with the B.F. T/A's. Not inclined to replace these with the same)
    What is the approximate cost of the Toyo's?
This discussion has been closed.