Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti M35 / M45 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• shoresailingshoresailing Member Posts: 29
    I'm not working on a deal, yet. Wanted to know what I could expect. Holman in southern NJ has at a few including at least one M35x.
  • ghstudioghstudio Member Posts: 972
    If you are buying rather than leasing, I would buy a 2007 at this point...you should be able to get a very good deal on a 2007 if the prices reported on these forums are good indicators.

But, if you are going to lease, then the rates have been so good on the 2006's that it's a much cheaper way to go....but I think you have to do something this month because the super low rates may go away...if they haven't gone away already.
  • shoresailingshoresailing Member Posts: 29
    ghstudio, thanks for responding. I average just under 2000 miles per month due to daily commute so I have purchased my last two cars. I am hoping to keep the car 5+ years or more so I'm leaning toward buy rather than lease. Based on your advice, I'll focus my search on the 2007 M35.
  • velveteendad1velveteendad1 Member Posts: 36
    I paid $800 over invoice (in Southern Cal.) for the same car without the trunk mats - $43,353. It was the first '07 the dealership had sold.
  • rjorge3rjorge3 Member Posts: 144
    As an avid reader of these posts, it surprises me how many here said that loved all the advise given here and how much the information contained on these forums helped them when they leased their car. But I can not understand for the life of me (maybe because I work in finance) is how someone, after reading 1 million posts (ok I exaggerated a little bit)still insists in putting even $1 down as as down payment (capitalize cost reduction)!!!!!!!! Even the Host always repeats himself, not too put a nickle for a down payment (different than all the other costs; first month, registration, etc).

When I leased my Audi A4 and the sales person asked me how much down I wanted to give in order to bring my monthly pmt down, I said "Zero!!" I guess they are so used to people taking the bait of "for each xxx of $ your monthly pmt will go down this much" Yesterday, I went with my my good friend to lease a 2007 M45 sport for him(my God this car is awesome), when the salesman asked him how much down payment, he almost open his mouth, but right in front of the sales person I've told him that it makes NO SENSE WHATSOEVER to put a dime for a down payment. The salesperson looked so confused the poor guy (it was funny).

Any ways, just a thought, if you are going to take an advice from these forums like I did when I leased my car, then FOLLOW THE ADVISE damm it :P
  • yosmanyyosmany Member Posts: 13
    I am looking to purchase this car at the end of month, and was just wondering if anyone has been able to negotiate a purchase at or around invoice?

MSRP is $58k and INVOICE is $53k. How close do you think I can get.

I drive 40k miles a year and have to purchase instead of a lease.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance...
  • poorprofpoorprof Member Posts: 124
    What City/State do you live in?
  • gdatlantagdatlanta Member Posts: 5
    Just wanted to jump in here and ask. What is the deal with the 9 extra deposits. How much is each one? If you put down all 9 deposits what sort of discount ($ dollars) off the monthly payment are we looking at? Is each one specific to a part of the car,such as the rims etc. ?

Your deal looks pretty good to me. The only difference would be I need 15k miles a year.
  • gdatlantagdatlanta Member Posts: 5
    Max929,
    My company also gets me the VPP deal. I see you bought. Any Idea of the lease savings using this program? I'm looking at a 45 sport lease.
    Thanks
    You can reduce the money factor (MF) by .0001 for each additional security deposit you "loan" to infinti...up to a maximum of 9 security deposits. Unlike money down up front, you will get the security deposits back at the end. There is no $ discount for each security deposit, it is a reduction in the MF on the entire lease.

To convert a 12K lease to a 15K lease, subtract .01 from the residual...eg. if it's 61% for 12K a year, then it is 60% for 15K a year. MF stays the same.
    If you are on a supplier VPP, then your lease is the same as anyone else. I believe that employees of Nissan do get a slight reduction in their lease rate.
  • max929max929 Member Posts: 16
    Yes, the lease itself is the same. The VPP just establishes the purchase price of the vehicle that the numbers are then crunched from. The dealer seems to like VPP purchases though. I know I liked the price and not having to spend time negotiating.
    Hope all goes well.
  • armondo1771armondo1771 Member Posts: 2
    I just found this forum: What a great resource! I haven't had a chance to look through all of the pricing info, and I'm hoping someone out there can save me the trouble.

I've decided to buy a 2007 M35 (non-sport) with the Tech Package and the Journey Package. I'm in Arizona. If you've purchased this car recently, I'd like to know what you paid w/o TTL. Thanks.
  • guestguest Member Posts: 770
    If you are buying, around $500-$700 over invoice, if you are leasing, assuming you pay 9 refundable security deposits and nothing but ttl to drive off, you should pay around $536 a month for 21 or 39 months. These are the fleet deals that are available to preferred customers in LA
  • armondo1771armondo1771 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the quick, and helpful, feedback.
  • flyguy8flyguy8 Member Posts: 8
    I have been driving a BMW 530i for almost 2 years and am tired of always taking it back to the dealer. I am considering buying not leasing a 2007 M35 or M45.

Can anyone give me some advise and what I should expect to pay. I live in Oklahoma City.

Thanks
  • pakratrmepakratrme Member Posts: 1
    A recent post claims that $5-700 over invoice is the best that you can do. That is probably pretty close. If you want to see how much it will depreciate after 1 year, just go to NADA or KBB and pretend that your car is a 2006 with 40K miles. Two weeks ago I purchase a fully loaded M35 with NAV, Rear Camera, DVD and almost every other option on Ebay for $28,900!! The car had 60K miles on it after 18 months of use. The prior owner paid $51,500 for the car and was only given $26K by the dealership, as per my conversation with him. His milage/yr was 40K. The same as yours. If you sold it yourself after 12 months, you could get $33-$35K.
  • canada2007canada2007 Member Posts: 3
    This is a great site and thank you for all of your input. I am planning to purchase (not lease) a M35 soon. Non Infiniti dealer offered $35,500 for 2007 M35 (no sport and non x) which they claimed it is their managers car. It has 5000 miles and its in good shape. Is this a good price or should I purchase a 2006 model? I found a dealer in my area has over 15 m35-45 and willing to take $5000 off from MSRP. Please help. :confuse:
  • comfortzonescomfortzones Member Posts: 37
    We have just been quoted about $900 above invoice ($48,365) for a 2007 M35x with Journey, Tech, Advanced Tech, Xenon AFS, Rear Deck Spoiler, Cargo Mat and Splash Guards. Can we negotiate lower? Are there any manufacturer-to-dealer incentives that we might not be aware of? (Dealer Invoice seems to be around $47,500.)
  • canada2007canada2007 Member Posts: 3
    sport with Navigation.
  • allagarooallagaroo Member Posts: 88
    I'm negotiating for a lease on a 2007 M35X and I'm interested in the Technology package and satellite radio only. My salesman told me that getting satellite radio( Sirius or XM) will be difficult since it is mostly only coming in on cars with the advanced technology option which I don't want. Do you find this to be accurate?

Thanks,
    J
    I think you have found a dealer who didn't order their cars with Sirius or XM radios. Have them find one for you if that's what you want.
  • palaltpalalt Member Posts: 25
    A Chicagoland Dealer just forwarded the following Infiniti incentives to me:
    New Incintives
    2007 M35 and M45 1000.00
    2006 G35 sedan 2500 -coupes 1000.00 and a special APR
    2006 FX 2000.00
    2007 FX35 2000.00
    2007 FX45 3500
    2006 QX56 3500.00
    2007 QX56 3000.00

This same dealer quoted me on a new 2007 M45 Sport w/Tech pkg. $54650 msrp, $3730 discount, Sale price $50920. Even adding the $1k incentive/rebate, doesn't sound like enough discount. I'm going to push for 10% discount PLUS the $1k incentive. I think Saturday 12/30 is a GREAT day to make an offer. I always buy cars during the last couple days of the year, knowing dealers are hungry to close out their month and year.
  • knowspinzoneknowspinzone Member Posts: 91
    I doubt you would get 10% plus the $1000 incentive, but good luck. If you want to wait until the end of the year, go shopping in the last week of March. March 31st is the end of Nissan's fiscal year and I suspect that's true of most of their dealers.
  • bgiannantoniobgiannantonio Member Posts: 15
    I just leaesed a m35x msrp 48330 39 months with 15k per year 1800 out of pocket for inceptions first month bank dmv. ect. putting down 9 multiples of 650 my payment is 577.00 per month without multiples it would have been 639.00
    Was that with taxes up front or in the lease? Please advise invoice, money factor and residual and tax percentage.

Good luck with the car!

Thanks
    MSRP on the m35x was $48330 the prices posted included nj sales tax 7%
  • jehanesqjehanesq Member Posts: 3
    Which dealer in So Cal?
    the infiniti dealer was in new jersey
  • gokartergokarter Member Posts: 4
    Leased M45 with Tech for selling price of $48,000, Sales Tax and other fees tagged on an additional $3,000+. With a money factor of 0.00120(special for M45 under Infiniti's limited engagement event) and 0 down, monthly lease payment is $688 for 39 months. Paid the first month lease and drove off. The interesting thing was that I was offered $47,000 for the car if I was buying. The transaction was made in Maryland.

This forum had been invaluable in educating me on the M and how to get a good deal.

Happy New year to all.

GoKarter
    ;)
    They are dealing on the m45 people are looking for the all wheel drive m35x . Dealers are looking to move the 45"s because its rear wheel drive and dosent go in winter snow. There are better deals on M45's . I paid $577.00 per month 39 months 15k per year 1800 out of pocket for fees and first month tax included on a MSRP of 48330 car with the 9 multiple securities. without the securities it would have been 639. per month
    You are very right bgiannantonio. Good deals abound on M45s. At another dealership, I was offered a 2006 M45 with Premium package for $49,000. Living in MD, I really believe I have no need for an all-wheel drive car. My belief is borne out of the experience of living in other parts of the country with more snow and ice than MD.

Enjoy your new ride. I'm loving mine.

;)
  • jcee2jcee2 Member Posts: 8
    live in NY. Dealer said Multi Sec Dep are not done allowed NY. Any suggestions on how to reduce Monthly #'s? I read on the form it is a major NO NO to put money down.
    Was thinking of getting G35X, but I saw the M35- WOW. I'm trying to make it happen. PS If I purchase in NJ can I do the Multi Sec. Dep?
    You can try purchasing it from a new jersey dealer. the multiple securities is a holding deposit you get all this back at the end of the lease its stated on the contract as security deposit not a down payment
  • jcee2jcee2 Member Posts: 8
    Thanks. I'm close to CT & NJ I'll call dealers in both states for info.
    you can email me at rgiannanto@aol.com for further info
    Does it depend on where you live or where you purchase? I'm in NY also and was told by all dealers Ny doesn't all MSD's.

J
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    If you live in NY and register the car in NY, you cannot do MSDs, no matter where you buy it..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• clarence10clarence10 Member Posts: 57
    Does anyone have experience in buying used cars from Used car dealers? I am in the NorthEast and am looking for a 2006 M35x.

I have seen some decent deals, but they seem much less then what an authorized New car dealer is looking for the same used vehicle.

Any suggestions?

Thx
  • postnobillspostnobills Member Posts: 43
    Does anyone understand how the current Infiniti incentives relate to leased vehicles? I'm interested in an M35 lease. Will I be able to roll this incentive in as a credit on the capitalized cost of the vehicle?
  • writng4nothinwritng4nothin Member Posts: 1
    Hello everyone. I just joined Edmunds after many months of lurking about. I have narrowed my car of choice down to either a 2006 or 2007 M35. If I understand things correctly, Nissan/Infiniti ends its fiscal year March 31. Thus, I am presuming near the end of March would be a potentially great time to buy an '07 (or '06!) M35. I live in the D.C. area and am willing to drive a bit to get this car. Anyone have any experience buying near the end of March? I am hopeful of not only lower sale prices but also better financing offers, etc. Thank you.
    Got what I believe is a good deal on a 2007 M45 during Infiniti's Limited Engagement sales event in December 06. I also lived in the DC area and found JBA Infiniti of Ellicott City, MD to be by far the best dealership in the area for the quality of their people and willingness to work with a customer on pricing. You may give them a try when you are ready to make your purchase. Good luck.

GoKarter
    ;)
  • blueskies2blueskies2 Member Posts: 3
    Bought a Base M35 with chrome wheels and Sirius for $40600. Seems like a fair price after reading this board, though perhaps not the *best* one.

It's an incredible car. The gas mileage is not great but better if you use the manual shift mode to keep the gear high.
  • mousiemousie Member Posts: 6
    I'm in southern california and was offered this:

M35 sport with tech package and sirius

msrp 48400
    cap cost 44872 (he said invoice was 44372 so 500 over)
    17k miles per year
    39 month lease
    .0013 money factor
    52% depreciation (due to the 17k miles)
    putting nothing down other than drive-off

$626 payment

car man and others .... how did I do?
  • johnimotojohnimoto Member Posts: 9
    Whats the best I can get and whats the best I can reasonably hope for in a lease, flexible term, 15k miles, <3k down + sec/firstmonth/etc., Chicagoland area?
    Here is my deal (The best one ever ;))

27 Months
    $2463 Due at signing (Includes Tax,Title,bank fee)
    15k miles per year
    $512 per month
    MF .0048
    Buyout is $29,040
    I think this is good. The final seeling price was around 42,050 which is just a few hundred over invoice.

This deal was much better then the 36 or 39 month payments.

Let me know what you think.
  • speedgod1speedgod1 Member Posts: 7
    I'm looking to purchase a 2007 M35 Sport I went to Kings Infinti in NY, here is the deal they gave me:

M35 Sport
    Techology Package
    Advanced Technology Package
    Rosewood
    MSRP 51,000
    Invoice 46,577 (based on Carsdirect)
    offered price 47,600 (1,023 above invoice)

I was looking to have it at atleast 500 over invoice but the dealer is saying since they don't have the color I want (Bourbon interior & Black Exterior) they have to get it from another dealer therefore he can't go any lower.

I'm trying to close the deal within a week, does anyone think this is a good deal to go with.
    If they say they cannot do better, check out other dealers.

Try Infiniti of Massapequa. I just rolled my M35x off the lot on Friday.

Are we allowed to mention salespeople on this forum? I would highly recommend my guy. He handles the Internet sales and walk-ins.
  • seattlejpmseattlejpm Member Posts: 7
    I think it's $1,000. So their profit is more like $2,000. See consumer reports or another website for the specific dealer costs and holdbacks.
  • csg3csg3 Member Posts: 7
    I posted this over in the lease questions but thought I would send it to this site as well. I live in SE Connecticut and received the following offer from a dealer in the Boston area.

M35X w/o NAV
    $45,380 MSRP
    $42,657 Purchase Price

39 month lease, 12K per year
    $2500 total out of pocket (includes 1st month, title, a little bit of cap cost - but not much).

$499 per month, plus 6% Connecticut tax

Is this a good deal? We really were not in the market for a vehicle until 3-6 months down the road. Can we expect to get this type of payment or less if we wait or should we jump on it now? Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.