Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti M35 / M45 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• cccz1234cccz1234 Member Posts: 1
    A dealer here has a 2006 M35 Sport on the lot. Are there any incentives offered to get these sold? I cannot find anything listing 2006 year deals. :confuse:
  • speedgod1speedgod1 Member Posts: 7
    Pick up my M35 Sport in a few days Let me know what you think of my deal.

2007 M35 Sport
    Journey Package
    Advanced Technology
    Rosewood
    Aero Kit
    Trunk Mat
    MSRP $52,670
    Purchase price was $48,400

Got it from a dealer in NY
  • infinitimdinfinitimd Member Posts: 1
    Have been very impressed by this forum and was curious to get feedback on my recently purchased 06' M45 Sport.

Car is actually used (certified)but was a corporate car that has only 8k miles on it. Has every bell and whistle possible in the 06' sport except the rosewood trim.

I paid $39,500 - what does everyone think

BTW:
    They put brand new 19' tires on it before I drove it off the lot - I priced those out at $350 per tire at my local tire store.
  • mazdarxmazdarx Member Posts: 10
    M35X

MSRP: 48640
    PURCHASE PRICE: 43500

LEASE: 27 MOS, .00048 MF, 65 RESIDUAL

2.5K DOWN, $385/MO
  • habshabs Member Posts: 6
    Did you get the Technology package with this deal?

I have a quote for:
    Purchase price 45k
    lease 12k a year, 27 MOS, .00048 MF, Residual:$31,414

10k down, $403 including taxes
    Does this deal have the technology package?

I have a quote of this (w/Technology Package, Nav)
    27 mos
    10k down (includes Tax, Title, bank fee)
    12k per yr
    $403 per month includes everything
    MF .00048
    Buyout - $31,414

Not sure if this is a good deal or not
    That is a terrible deal.

My 35x had the tech package and splash guards with 2.5K down, 15K miles per year. Even with tax, tags, etc, ... it was only 5K down.

What is the purchase price they are giving you?
    The MSRP = $48,300

They made a mistake the payment should be $315, but I don't want to put 10k down, that 3k for my car and 7k cash.

I could pay $403 that would be 3k for car and 5k in cash. Something just doesn't seem right. I basically want to be at about $375 a month with as little cash out of pocket.
    What state did you buy your car? I live in PA. I just sent a email bakc to the dealer. Told them pretty much the deal you got.
    lease 27 months, .00048 MF, 65% residual and a payment of $385 with 5k down. We will see what they say. I also contacted a higher volume dealer.
    I am in Virginia. I hope all goes well for you!
    Thanks

How do you like the car?
    Perfect except that it could really use a sixth gear.
  • clarence10clarence10 Member Posts: 57
    No Tech Package.

Also, I would agree that the price seems way off. I put down only Tax, Title, First Month and Security at it cameout to $2450. If you take your additional $7500 down, and add it to your payment, that would be around$680 per month.

As for the car, it is great, but like the others have said, it could use a 6th gear. Gas Mileage stinks
  • kkoshkinkkoshkin Member Posts: 9
    I was interested to know if anybody has bought an M35 in Texas recently. I am looking at the base M35 with nav, journey, and sirius. I like the Bose 14-speaker 5.1 system, but the rest of that package is completely worthless to me, and I cannot justify spending an extra $2500 on just the speakers. I live in Houston but plan to shop around here, Austin, Dallas, and San Antonio if need be.

Also, several of the dealerships (Crest in Dallas, Southwest in Houston to name two) have over 50 M35s in stock. This sure seems like a lot of inventory to hold (especially at 43,000+ each), so I'm wondering if perhaps this is an indication that the M35 isn't selling too well. None of the dealerships show near this much inventory in any other Infiniti model.
  • m35obsessedm35obsessed Member Posts: 9
    Hi,

Bought a 2006 M35 Sport, with the tech, journey, nav, sirius, and body kit from SW in Nov. Drive out was $48500. I shopped around all over TX and LA, and SW was the only one that is willing to work with the price and won't BS you. Good luck.
  • ronnie7ronnie7 Member Posts: 6
    wow,that looks great, did that have tech package and was the 2.5k down tax,first payment etc, if so where. Thank you
    Yes, it did have the tech package. The 2.5K down did NOT include tax, tags, and first payment.
  • ronnie7ronnie7 Member Posts: 6
    Thank you for your reply, help please, how does this sound, M-35AWD, tech pk, 15k, 27 months, $550 per, only tax, first payment,dmv
    That does sound pretty good for 0 down. I'd grab it.
    How does this deal sound 07 M35x with Tech package

6k down, 12k miles, 27 months, $392
    Does the 6K include tax, tags, etc, ...

My deal was M35X w/tech package with 2.5K down (5K down including taxes, tags, etc, ...) and 385/mo with 15K miles/year and 27 months.
  • mmoreno1978mmoreno1978 Member Posts: 106
    39 Months
    18,000 Miles Per Year
    $700 Monthly
    $0 Down Payment (Just Inception Fees)
    Fully Loaded (Journey, Technology and Sirius)
  • zs266zs266 Member Posts: 2
    I have a 06 M35 sport. loaded. Sometimes I just notice that there are noises coming out of my speaker. Does anyone have the same problems? Or is this a defect? Thank you.
  • Does anyone know the minimum credit score to qualify for the Infiniti lease rates talked about here?
  • newbie007newbie007 Member Posts: 20
    I am looking to purchase the 2007 M35. So far most dealerships have been willing to sell the car at factory invoice. I've been reading on negotiating prices and saw that I should ask for dealer cost/invoice, but most dealerships are just telling me that that is the same as factory invoice. Is that the case? Are there better times to purchase the car (i.e., manufacturer dealer cash incentives)? I'm willing to wait it out to get a better price. Any info would help greatly! Thanks!!
    Does anybody have any information regarding price trends in Texas? From following inventory listings, several dealers in Houston and Dallas have been selling about 2 per week with around 50 in stock. This seems slow to me, but that is just my uninformed impression.

Any thoughts as to what prices are doing in Texas would be much appreciated. Thanks.
  • knowspinzoneknowspinzone Member Posts: 91
    ....most dealerships are just telling me that that is the same as factory invoice. Is that the case?

Yes and no! They are not really lying when they say it is the same, but what they leave out is there is a holdback which they are paid by Infiniti once the car is sold. I don't know what it is for Infiniti, but for $14 you can get that info, and more such as any other incentives, at Consumer Reports.

I decided not to get the M45 and I didn't want to wait for the new Q45, so I went with the Lexus LS460. I got the CR Car Price Service. The holdback for my car is $1220, and there are no other incentives. I was thrilled to get the car at $2000 over invoice considering most dealers aren't taking a dime off the car right now.

If you get the car at invoice, that's a good deal. The dealer is going to pocket the holdback, but hey, they have to make some profit on the car.
  • newbie007newbie007 Member Posts: 20
    Thanks for knowspinzone for the information. I have been speaking with several dealerships and one told me that there is a 1% holdback plus a $1000 incentive from Infiniti if I don't go with the subvented lease program offered on the M35. If that is the case, is it something specific to each dealership, or is it the same for all? I spoke to another dealership and they said their holdback was 1.5%, but that there is no $1000 incentive.

Anyone who's already used consumer reports--can you verify or comment?
  • mfaizanmfaizan Member Posts: 8
    I was quoted the following from Inskip Infiniti in Rhode Island:
    M35x with Tech pkg
    Cap cost: $45889 (they claim this is $1000 over invoice - although I found the invoice should be 44120)
    Residual: 64%
    Money Factor: 0.00088
    27 month lease / 15K miles per year
    $636 per month plus tax.
    I feel I can do better than that. I haven't shopped around yet.

Are the residuals and money factor quoted correct?? Please help!! What are the numbers for March / April?? What are my chances of getting the car at invoice price?? Thank you.
    I had a deal on an M35 with Tech, Journey, and Sirius for $44,000. I went in to finish the deal this afternoon, and it fell apart when they offered me a joke of a price on my trade-in. I have a 2003 Audi A6 with 39,000 miles. Edmunds' trade-in value on my car shows $15,540; they offered $10,700. After I nearly laughed, they came back with $11,700 and would not budge from that offer. Maybe the Edmunds value is a bit high, but it is not $3800 high.

I left and will not be purchasing from them.
  • ghstudioghstudio Member Posts: 972
    ask them to show you the invoice....they are adding something and you should know what it is. Edmunds prices your car out at 44195 invoice price.

For March, the rate for the M35 AWD is:
    24 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 65% of MSRP – .00039 Base Money Factor Rate.

Not sure why you were quoted a rate of .00088 for 27 months.

I suggest you start negotiations over now that you have the facts in hand.
    Is $1000 over invoice a good deal right now? Or should I try to get it at invoice. Has anybody bought the car recently at invoice price?

Also when is the 2008 model coming out??
    I purchased an M35 this weekend. I got it with Tech, Journey, splashguards, trunk mat, and Sirius for $43,850 in Houston. I was also able to take advantage of Infiniti's 3.99% financing.
    kkoshkin, is that invoice price you paid on your car??
  • cmc15cmc15 Member Posts: 6
    What would a good lease price be for an M35 loaded 36 mon 12K per year with $2500 out of pocket? Dealing in NJ.
    No, the invoice is listed on Edmunds as being right around $43,000. I also got window tint and a 2-year/24,000 mile service warranty thrown-in. Those options are on all the cars sold at this dealership. So I didn't pay extra for them except to the extent that their automatic inclusion increases the dealer's true cost and dissuades them from further negotiation.

I think with those extras, their invoice was something like $43,300, so I got it for around $550 over their cost and about $850 over Edmunds' listed invoice.

I may have been able to do a little better, but I emailed all the dealerships in Dallas and Austin too, and nobody else went below $44,000. It therefore seems like that is about what you should be paying in Texas.
  • shive123shive123 Member Posts: 12
    I just leased an M-35 w/Tech, Journey, trunk mat and splash guards on 3/23 in Tampa.
    MSRP: 46660.00
    Cap Cost: 43762.00 includes 595 Acq. fee & 500 over invoice
    Res.: 65%
    Money factor: .00058
    $ 799.11 down includes 1st mo. payment
    27mo/15000mi
    540.14/mo plus 37.81 FL sales tax
    carbuyingtips.com was a great help with their lease spreadsheet.
  • veritas7veritas7 Member Posts: 18
    I am thinking about purchasing the M35(base)with Tech and Journey package. List price is 47,785 (really 46,660) as there's about $775 in dealer installed options. I negotiated a price of 43,700 but haven't signed yet because somewhere in my mind I feel I can get a better deal. Two issues: there's only one Infiniti dealer in my state and I took it for a day and a half and it drinks gas. Other than that, I haven't found anything else I like as much. I want to buy but as it stands I'd be fetching out ~$760/month (a bit much for me). Is leasing a better deal? I don't know a thing about that and noone I know has ever leased. Suggestions?
    In general, lease if you need lower monthly payments, will not exceed the allowable mileage, take good care of your car, and like a new car every 2 years. Buy it if you like to keep a car a long time, drive a lot of miles, and don't want a perpetual car payment, then you should purchase it.
  • amellamell Member Posts: 4
    Greetings - I am new to this forum. I am considering purchasing a M35x, and am eligible for the VPP, Plan C. I have not used this program before, so a couple of questions. Is the price offered fixed, or can I negotiate it at all once offered? I looked at the formula, and "applicable incentives" are subtracted after the other adjustments are made. Does this apply to the holdback ($1,264, according to Consumer Reports)? If not, do I have to eat that if I go with the VPP price? It seems that if the VPP ignores the holdback, that lets the dealer automatically slap on the holdback as profit. Here is my example: I am looking at M35x, with premium package. "Base invoice" (without holdback) is $49,360, and VPP price is $50,475. True cost to dealer (with holdback) is $48,096, so I would be paying $2,379 over their cost, which sounds pretty steep. So: can I push them on the holdback within the VPP program, or am I better off goiing outside the program and just negotiate for the best price?
    thanks,
    amell
    VPP is a fixed price. The only things you can haggle about are dealer installed options and any fees that the dealer adds (administrative fees). Holdback has no relevance to this discussion. VPP works off the cost of the car as it's shown on the invoice.

I doubt that you will beat VPP pricing...but you can always try.
  • amellamell Member Posts: 4
    Thanks - unless my calculation is wrong, seems high, but I have just asked a dealer to give me the VPP price; I'll see what he comes up with.
    Is further negotiation necessary?
    Gross Cap Cost 42135
    Cap Cost Red 2000
    Trade Equity 1,000
    Acq Fee 780
    Net Cap Cost (incl. dealer fee) 40,150
    dealer fees (235)
    dealer installed equip (775)
    Monthly Payment 514(24mos) 565(36mos) 551(39mos)
    MF 0.00195 0.00240 0.00247
    Total purchase price 43436
    without VPP=
    +775.00 (dealer options)
    =47,785 (MSRP)

BTW-not sure what any of this means
    why the capital cost reduction....use that to make multiple security deposits which will lower your money factor (MF) by .0001 each.

I guess if you want dealer installed stuff, you pay for it...the car really doesn't need any and if it's special coatings or protection it's just junk charges for extra profit.

The acquisition fee for an infinity lease is $595...what are they quoting you?

How did you get to 42135 cap cost. The cap cost should be the agreed upon price (VPP+dealer options) minus the trade equity and minus the capital cost reduction (which you shouldn't pay).

Just so you know what you are really paying per month...take that $2000 capital cost reduction and divide by the number of months....so the 24 month lease is really costing you 514+84= 599. You either pay it now (capital cost reduction or you pay it later (monthly). Now if you actually reduce your money factor, the real monthly cost will go down because you are being charged less interest.
    I actually didn't figure any of this. This is what the dealership faxed me but not knowing heads or tails of this I wanted to post it for someone to simplify. The acq fee they quoted is 780. I was unaware that Infiniti has a standard fee for this. I don't necessarily want the extras...and you're right, it's just a clear coat of protection on the car and some other nothings that they added up to be $775. The cap cost came from the MSRPMRM (47,435) + the Etch Protection Plus Added Equip which says it's optional on the fax but the dealer says it's on every sale regardless. That's $195. Minus 5,495 (from the VPP formula...I can break that down if you like). Its
    (inv)41967
    -(VPP discount) 1502.42
    + (added options)775.00
    + (dest. charge) 700.00
    =41,939.58+195.00=42,135
    I don't know anything about leasing, but I know the dealer extras mean only dealer extra profit. Tell them flat out to leave it off the car or include it as a freebie. Be absolutely insistent. Trust me, they'll cave.
    Now we understand....

Tell the dealer that you will pay no capital cost reduction...you will pay first month's lease payment+registration fee+any taxes required by law up front. Tell the dealer that you want to make three multiple security deposits...use those words...if this is an infiniti lease, it will drop the money factor by .0003 and you will get the security deposit back at the end of the lease (you can make up to 7 multiple security deposits, if you can afford to loan infiniti the money for the term of the lease..it pays to do this...the effective savings are about 12% of your loan which is far more than you can earn in a CD or in the bank).

Tell them that you do not want any dealer installed equipment. If they say that's all they have, ask them to find you a car without it. The VPP price is the same whether or not they have the car or have to get it or even order it.

Remind them/suggest that the infiniti lease acquistion fee is $595 and ask them why they want to charge more....and then refuse to pay more.

I believe the VPP allows them to add their "administrative fee"....but that should be a separate item added into the lease...and it should be what is preprinted on the sales form...not some made up number.

When you get back the numbers...post the length of the lease, the money factor they are charging you after the multiple security deposits, the residual value (which is a percent of the list price, not your agreed upon price) and the monthly payment.

Don't be surprised if the sales person claims to have no idea what you are talking about and says we only lease cars the way he told you...or something equivalent. Ask to talk to their leasing manager and their sales manager. If they don't know what you are talking about or balk at not padding the lease....go find another dealer or another car.
    You have no idea how much this helps. I am headed to the dealer today and will print out your comments to go over before I get there. I am also looking at an Acura RL so if this doesn't pan out...

Also, at my dealership (the only one in the state, btw) ALL the cars, SUVs, come with the added equip. I was there yesterday and asked the salesperson if they could take those charges off. He said "there's no way around that." I didn't ask about the acq fee but I will today. When you say three MSD, based on my numbers, how much $$ are we talking? I don't know that I can make as many as seven but I need a ballpark to get of understanding of how much up front this will cost. I will post the numbers as soon as I get them.
    each multiple security deposit is the monthly payment (with no security deposits) rounded up to the nearest $50.

What the dealer is telling you about the "dealer installed extra equipment" means that as soon as the car arrives on their lot, they put on the sticker that says they are adding the equipment....it doesn't mean that they all have it already installed. But if they claim that somehow the dealer installed equipment magically is installed in Japan....just ask them to locate a car for you at another dealer without that equipment.

The worrisome part of this is that even if you do manage to get a fair lease, you will have to deal with this dealer's service department and fight off the "additives" at every oil change...the dirty air filter scam and so on.

I think I would sit down with the sales manager (without the sales droid who is helping you) and have a discussion about how you would like to be treated....and proceed from there. If he's a dud too....enjoy the acura, Audi or BMW...
    Wow, if that's the only dealer in the state you might have a problem getting what you want. They probably figure its them or nothing if you really want an Infiniti. I agree with gh's comment that this won't be the end of it when it comes to adding extras.

Well, be prepared to walk, but who knows, its the end of the month and they might be short of their sales goal. :D
This discussion has been closed.