Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti M35 / M45 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• drtraveldrtravel Member Posts: 395
    My offer was for $5,500 off the residual of $25,200 for a 2006 M35. I have 52k miles on it. I will be turning the car in Next Wednesday - I'll let you know if they try to sweeten the deal. I do plan on returning the car but you never know....
  • mchspd1mchspd1 Member Posts: 11
    Just got an offer for a new 2008 M35. Tech/Adv Tech/ Sport/Splash. MSRP is $52,305. Internet offer is $45,999 or better said...$6,306 off of sticker. How low can we go here? 11-13K? Hows the market. I am trying to upgrade the family car from a 2005 Altima 2,5S. I was holding out for the new Maxima but the prices here have not been low enough just yet. Best on the top line Maxima was $250 below invoice. Is the Maxima SV the better ride? Feedback appreciated...Thanks
  • drakaruladrakarula Member Posts: 12
    OK this is no joke... I have a 2006 M45 sport coming off 39 month lease now paying 760 a month and my buyout was 33559 on my car received a 10,000 reduction on the residual to buy the car so figure about 24000 to buy it. Wow the banks are no where close on the residuals on these cars. So I go to lease a new one and the dealer on Long Island NY has 5 new 2007 M45 sports all equipped the same tech package no advanced tech package. All stickered about 55000. I put a deposit to purchase with a negotiated price of 35998! New car with full warranty and they included a 10 year 100k extended powertrain warranty too. 19000 off sticker. This is a crazy deal. The only thing is they are all sport models. I have a sport model now so i know what to be prepared for however i hope for very little snow. I am picking it up on friday so anyone interested it is at Legacy Infiniti in lynbrook ny.
    I can only say that this is a good time for excellent deals on cars now!!! :)
  • steve777steve777 Member Posts: 41
    Did they offer financing?? If so what rate?
    I an cut a good deal on an M35x in NJ from on dealer but I'd be on my own with finacing,
  • cdepaolacdepaola Member Posts: 11
    $19,000.00 off MSRP, that IS crazy! I just got a mailer for an advertised special here in Chicago of $12,000.00 off MSRP on a M35X. Your deal now has me wondering if I could negotiate even lower then the $12,000.00 off. Currently looking at a base model with an MSRP of $46,000.00. Wonder if I could get them to do it for $30,000.00 out the door, tax, title, and license.

Also what was the interest rate you got on that deal?
  • mchspd1mchspd1 Member Posts: 11
    wow, I cant believe that those cars are still sitting around. I checked out their website and you are so right! What color did you chose? How is the paint on them? Have they been sitting out in the sun/snow all this time? Do they still smell new? The sales price is even below edmunds trade in value for an excellent condition vehicle. The only draw back is the gas mileage. I have been working on a deal for the new Maxima SV Sport. I would rather have a RWD vehicle. Whats the problem with these vehicles not to sell? I have only read high reviews. Just thinking out loud. It could be worth a trip up to Long Island.
    Sorry for not responding earlier..... They didn't offer any special financing with this deal. I Paid cash for the car. The cars condition was NEW. Yes the paint was not as glossy as some others however the car had yet to be detailed. I am sure that after they prep the car for delivery today it will look awesome. As far as I remember it had a new car smell. Bottom line it it was way to good of a deal to pass up. My salesman was very good Legacy Infiniti in Lynbrook NY. I am coming out of the same car and yes the gas milage stinks. I average 16 1/2 mpg. I also have a heavy foot (love the V8) and i am prepared for that. My only complaint is it is bad in the snow but other than that I have NEVER been happier with a car. I average about 17,000 miles per year. I am leasing now at 760 a month and i figured that after paying tax on the car (39,000) if I were to continue the same payments I can keep the car and after 4 and 1/4 years the car is paid for any residual value is a bonus. It is a no brainer. I am very happy to find this deal. I can't wait 2 1/2 hours until delivery. :shades:
    Oh I forgot to mention I got the Pearl White (same as now) with the trunk spoiler and the light grey interior. On my car now I put the african rosewood in and they are swaping it into the new car at no charge.

Cant wait!!!!! :)
  • walt18walt18 Member Posts: 54
    Congrats!!! on your new M. I think that pearl white is a nice color on the car especially with the rear spoiler, that makes it look even better and you got the V-8 good deal. I'm ordering a 2009 M45 black/black with african rosewood with every option they have except for AWD which I don't need in Eastern NC.
  • stlgasmanstlgasman Member Posts: 141
    A friend of mine has their lease ending mid-November, but hasn't heard anything about a reduced end of lease offer.
    I received it directly from Infiniti Financial Services. It was a 10,000 incentive to purchase my car. They were so off on the residual on my 06m45. The buyout even with the incentive was still almost 24,000.
  • keithandkeithand Member Posts: 10
    Thanks to the previous poster re 10-12K off I purchased a new 2008 M35 base model in moonlight white/ wheat.

The MSRP was $44,365 which included the trunk lid spoiler, trunk mat, splash guards and the dealer threw in wheel locks and nitrogen filled tires. Got the car for $32,250 plus tax, title, plate transfer and dealer fees which they would not budge on and added $599.00. The total paid though was $35,001.83 OTD.

Nice looking and riding car. Wife would have preferred a SUV but heck she already has her 2005 Thunderbird Convertible so she can't complain.

Wanted to lease and get a new car every 24-36 months but buying was only feasible way to go. Looks like leasing is going away.
  • ocimocim Member Posts: 45
    That is a fantastic deal. Is there some kind of rebate going on here. I have never heard anyone getting this much of a discount on a [non-permissible content removed] luxury car before. I am interested in purchasing a 2009 M35X with the NAV system (probably in late December or early January). Can anyone tell me how much I can a reasonably expect to get off of MSRP. When I looked at this car almost two years ago, they were not dealing much, perhaps $1000 to $1500 off of MSRP. I live in the Pittsburgh area, but would be willing to travel up to 500 miles if the deal was right.
  • ghstudioghstudio Member Posts: 972
    it's always hard to guess...but if you want to buy the 09 m35x in the winter, I would think that the best deal you will get is about $500 or so over invoice.
  • 3fromtheedge3fromtheedge Member Posts: 4
    Let me see if I get this right. I'm in NJ and the most common configuration I see with the 2008's that are left over is AWD+Tech+Xenon/AFS+splash guards+trunk mat and the MSRP is listed at $50,885.

So, I'm going to look for a deal that's $38,885 plus tax, lic. reg. I know that at that price the 0.0% is not on the table, but it sounds like they want you to finance through them. Does anyone know what their rate is?. This is the first car I ever looked where I feel like I'm in the superior position.
  • bmn08m45bmn08m45 Member Posts: 1
    My fiancee' and I also purchased a brand new left-over 2007 Pearl White M45 Sport from the same dealer. With the negotiated price of $34998.00 and our trade in, we paid $30,009.00 (after taxes and miscellaneous add-ons). The sticker was for $55,000+. It has the stone color interior. I could not believe the deal. I agree with you regarding the snow handling of this vehicle, but if the snow we have received is the same as our past couple of years, it will be bearable. Legacy Infinity in Lynbrook, NY is the dealer. BMN
    Well, I am really skeptical that you can buy a car with an MSRP of $50,885 for $38,885 even in this economy. If that is the case, I'll drive from Pittsburgh to pick one up one now. Let me know if you really get this deal.
  • veragenveragen Member Posts: 34
    Hey 3fromtheedge, What Infiniti NJ-dealership present this 2008 M35 MSRP listed price $50,885 w / following features: AWD + Tech-pak + Xenon / AFS + Splash Guards + Trunk Mat and with a deal-offer of $38,885 plus tax, lic. reg. that's $12K off-sticker :surprise:

BMN & Drakarula, Congrads! :D on your new 2007 M from NY-dealership as well that's $19K - $20K off-sticker. Do y'all have the same features on the M Sport.

Adv. Thx.
    VeraGen
  • bobm35bobm35 Member Posts: 2
    I've read several mentions of a loyalty bonus for previos Infiniti owners. Does anyone know how much that is (for a 2008 M35x, if the car model matters)?

TIA
    Great deal. Wow you did great! They gave me a 10 year 100K powertrain warranty as well in my deal. I didn't trade anything in. I am also getting $500 off on my excess millage on my last car for a loyalty bonus. I don't know if they have any left but it was Such a great price I wasn't kidding. I got the M45 sport with the Tech package (not advanced Tech). I had the rosewood in my previous sport paid like 600 for the option then and had them swap the wood into the new car free of charge. Have put 800 fun miles so far no problems!
    Yeah, I'm skeptical also. That was the point of my post. Some have received offers $12000 off MSRP. I was trying to find out if it was realistic to expect a negotiation to get near that number in NJ. And, if so, to get the name of the dealer.

I was looking to lease and with various amounts of money down, I have received internet offers of between $500 to $600 per month. If the prices are that low, I would consider purchasing. I'll post what my experience is when I tell them I'd consider purchase instead of lease if the deal was better.
  • caelcael Member Posts: 8
    Looking at Edmunds TMV this morning for an 08 M35 with tech and sport packages, it shows the "what others are paying" to be $41,831 ($7884 under MSRP, $3636 under invoice) - Not including any rebates. I wonder if I can get them to do this as the cap cost on a 36 month lease. Austin Infiniti, biggest Infiniti dealer in the US. I think I am going to offer that to them today..
  • chacko22chacko22 Member Posts: 8
    I have been talking to different dealers for the best price on a 2008 M35 with Tech package, splash guards, trunk mat, and dealer tinted windows in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. The best offer I received on that vehicle was $39,995 drive out (vehicle MSRP is $48,335, invoice is $44,237, and that does not include the tint).

The best financing a dealer offered me for that price was 5.09%, but I can get my own financing through a credit union for 3.9%.

Anyone getting anything better in D/FW? I haven't purchased yet as I am curious to see if prices will go lower as it gets closer to the 2009s coming in.
  • caelcael Member Posts: 8
    Chacko, which DFW dealer was this for reference?
    That particular offer was from Crest. I had another drive-out offer from Grubbs at $40,206 for the same options.
  • jdyahoojdyahoo Member Posts: 5
    Chacko22, just to clarify, does your "drive-out" price include taxes?

I was quoted $40K (pre-taxes) for an M35 with tech package from Sewell in Dallas, which is about $9K off the sticker. I have not tried to negotiate this down any farther yet.
    $38,885 +TTL. $12,000 under MSRP
  • wvgasguywvgasguy Member Posts: 1,405
    ... are dealing. After reading these threads I decided I may just trade my hybrid in for a M35x. I expected a beating on the trade but the deal looked straight forward.

On the "final" offer from the dealer (in Pittsburgh), they showed me getting $7500 off of MSRP on the M. I said the rebate (several times they corrected me to imform me it was no a rebate _I knew that but refused to let them think it's their money) is $7500 straight from Infiniti. That means you didn't discount the car at all from the dealership.

Then they showed me the trade value. It was Kelly Blue Book trade value LESS tires and a few small items. Basically they want to give me trade in value less this cost to fix it up, so they spend a few bucks at my expense to turn it into a KBB "retail" value that is about $6,000 higher than what they gave me.

I had purchased an FX45 back in 2004 from this dealer. I don't necessarily expect a great deal, but I refuse to walk out of a dealership without letting them know that I know better.

When I got home I looked at the current trade in value on the 2008M35x with normal milage and it appears that even with the huge discounts the value I would recieve from the car was almost $10,000 less than what I would pay for it.

I'm considering going to used cars :cry:

Also, they had a 2007M45 sport with a MSRP of $55,000. It was new with only 188 miles. I asked if they were collecting it or was it for sale? It was RWD he said and it did not move. He said I could probably get $10K knocked off of it. I laughed, it may be new but it's still 2 years old as a 2007 model.

Looks like I'll hunt for a deal somewhere else.
    Yes jdyahoo, the "drive-out" price includes all taxes, fees, etc. It's the price that I would walk out the door with. In my experience, Sewell was not very willing to negotiate much. I even told them the prices I was getting at the other dealers, but their prices were still about $1k higher.
  • readyformyrlreadyformyrl Member Posts: 70
    I bought the same exact car ($50,885)with the $6k rebate and my own financing for $39,241, so maybe it's not the exact number you posted, but it's close and this deal was had in mid-September, it may or may not happen today.
  • bmn07m45bmn07m45 Member Posts: 1
    We also got the M45 Sport with the Tech Package (not the advanced). We did not think the wood trim would look good with the Stone interior. I inquired into the 10year/100000 warranty, however, those advertisements were for the used vehicles. My fiancee and I do not keep cars over 5 years anyway, so it didn't phase us. I love the car more than she does...only because her true love has been BMWs. Once she test drove this car, she said she felt confident like in her 5 series BMer. I drive a 2008 Trailblazer SS, so I am thinking once the baby comes along, I will be driving the M45 Sport...LOL! Just so you know, we had to bring the car back to the dealership, the car pulled to the right when braking. After looking over the brake system, which showed nothing, they checked the tire pressures and sure enough, one of the tires had close to 38PSI. They reset the computer system that checks the pressure, as it didn't warn us on the dash. They tested it, provided a receipt (no charge of course) and I was on my way after an hour and 15 minutes of waiting. No more pulling in either direction, but will be checking the pressure manually for a while. Car is mint..will be taking photos shortly.

BMN
  • chicagobuyer1chicagobuyer1 Member Posts: 14
    I am considering an 08 M35x, it looks like there is $7500 in incentives to the dealer. If invoice is $45k, would the $7500 come off here or would it be off sticker?
    Factory to dealer incentives are exactly as they sound. It is the dealers option to pass any of the savings to the consumer. Now that said and dealers hurting they are just about all going to fall all over themselves to give the best price. It is something you can use as a negotiating tool. MSRP is suggested. Invoice is about what the dealer is paying minus any holdbacks or other incentives or volume discounts. I would take invoice and minus the 7500 and use that as your basis to start your negotiating. I wouldn't move more than $500 over that. Remember now is a great time to buy and remember you have $$ you control the outcome. Good Luck.
  • chicagobuyer1chicagobuyer1 Member Posts: 14
    Thanks Drakarula, if I could get anywhere near that 37k number, it would be a pretty sweet deal i think.
  • sziggysziggy Member Posts: 1
    Picked up an 08 m35x today. It has the tech package, trunk mats and Xenon headlights. MSRP is 50850. I paid $38,500 before TTL. It is alot of car for the money. Had a blast driving it around today. Thanks to everyone for sharing information. :D:D :shades:
  • dallasguy007dallasguy007 Member Posts: 4
    Chacko,

Did you buy the M35 yet?
    Just to clarify, the $39,995(out the door) = $44,237(invoice) - $7500(incentives) plus tt&l. will not apply to someone want to use Infiniti's 0% financing. is that right?
    I am also waiting to see if the price of M35 will go lower as the year ends
  • redline122redline122 Member Posts: 67
    Hello All,
    I was wondering if any one had the details to the December cash/finance/lease programs? I understand that the December programs were to be announced today 12/2 - this is what the Internet Sales Manager told me last night.

Well, I am eyeing an 2008 M45 with the following line items:
    Base - 50250
    Tech/Nav Pkg - 3350
    Sport Pkg - 1650
    Trunk Mat - 105
    Destination - 815
    TOTAL - 56170

I've reviewed the VPP numbers and I am NOT impressed (as a D-plan business associate). Enough about VPP...

As for invoice negotiating this is what I was thinking (with a little help from CR New Car Pricing)
    Base - 46978
    Nav/Tech - 2887
    Sport - 1422
    Trunk Mat - 76
    Destination - 815
    TOTAL - 52178

So far these numbers haven't factored in any dealer cash incentives (in November it was $7000 for the M45)

Any thoughts on how aggressive I can be to get the final price down? And then consider other incentives based on how I acquire the vehicle (cash/finance/lease)?

I would be getting the vehicle in Southern CA.
    Okay... so here's the scoops from one of the So Cal dealers:

M35
    MSRP > 49770 (Sport and Tech)
    Invoice > 45544
    Cash Incentive > -7500
    TOTAL > 38044

M45
    MSRP > 56170
    Invoice > 51364
    C/I > -8500
    TOTAL > 42864

As for leases, the money factors (as of 12/2) were 0.0001, but the residuals are horrendous (for a 35 it is 44%, and for the 45 it is 42%)

Time to consider OPM and not from Infiniti Finance... hmm... ;) Maybe I should offer an even lower cash purchase number?...
    Right, taking the incentive eliminates you from the 0% financing. I crunched the numbers and it makes sense to take the incentive off the price, even if you get a 5% interest rate on your loan.

I have not made a purchase yet. I'm trying to wait it out as long as I can to see if dealers get desperate to get rid of one for a better price. As it stands, those are great offers and I probably should buy one and be on my way.

For an update, I went to Sewell over the weekend and their final drive-out price was around $40,350 for tech package, splash guards, trunk mat, tint, and wheel locks.
  • dallasguy007dallasguy007 Member Posts: 4
    Thanks for the info. I am in the same boat with you. Waiting till after Christmas to see if a better deal will appear. The best deal you got so far is from Crest ? 40k for M35+tech+ tax, title & license. If I got anything better, I will post it on here and let you know.
    Well, here's the offer that the dealership is considering - the sales manager will be reviewing my offer with the general manager tomorrow. The car has been sitting on their lot since September, where as they are bringing in profits on the G35 0.9% deals day in and day out.

M45
    MSRP: 56170 (sport, tech/nav)
    Invoice: 51364
    C/I: -8500
    Dealer's Cash Price Offer: 42864
    My Cash Price Offer: 40626 + t.t.l.

The sales manager informed me that they would offer the following items at their cost if the deal goes through:
    3 year service package (that covers oil changes and tire rotations every 5k) for $240
    Lojack for $599

He also has a friend/contact that could tint the car up for about $100 - he didn't want to offer me the dealer's tint cost of $270.

Let's see how this flies.
    Lately, I started to consider possibly purchasing a slightly used M45X. After some research, I was able to find several 2008 M45X with Nav with less than 10K on the odometer (some as little as 1.5K) for around $40K. Do these deals seem a little too good to be true? Or, is the current economy having that much of an effect on prices. I mean these are $57K cars that are less than 1 year old.

For those of you that might current car market better than I, what should I expect to pay for a 2008 M45X (with Nav) that has less than 10K. How about a 2008 M35X (with Nav) with less than 10K. Does anyone know if you have to pay the gas guzzler tax on a used vehicle?
    You may want to speak with some dealers in your area to see if there are any M45x with the packages you are interested in.

There are some significant cash discounts being offered beyond the invoice price of the car. After doing some math, I found that taking standard financing with the cash discount price was smarter money than not taking the cash discounts and using the special IFS financing of 0.9% for 5 years.

The reason why you are seeing such dump in M45 and M45x used prices is because the public and buyer perception of a V8 is very negative. The economic climate doesn't help matters either.

I have spoken to about 5 dealers in my area and they all say the same thing that the G-sedans and the M35 are far outselling the remaining stock of any M45 that still sits idly out there.

The offer I am asking is below the dealer's wholesale price from the manufacturer. I figure they can reap the profits on the G-sedans and get rid of the "white elephant" that is the M45.

Don't misconstrue "white elephant" of a car not worthy of it's accolades from the media and industry technical analysts. It's still a great car - it just won't sell as quickly in this economic climate - and the dealers know this. You just have to convince them that you know it as well.
    Sewell called me today and was able to offer me a price of $39,990 drive-out. The only problem is that they only have 2 vehicles with the options I want for that price, and neither is a exterior/interior color combination that I want.

If I had to choose a dealership, I would definitely choose Sewell. They are very professional and have been courteous throughout our negotiations. They also have a ton of loan cars available for servicing, and even offer concierge service to pick up your vehicle and bring you a loan car when you need servicing done.
    chacko22,
    Has the dealership made any searches through out the US for the color and options you are looking for? The cost of them to get a vehicle from almost any where in the US would run around $600 - 800 as dealers trade cars around all the time. I am NOT saying that you pay for it. If they are able to deal on a car for 39,900 drive-out, I am sure they would be eager to get you the car you truly want for the same price you have negotiated.

I just took delivery of an M45, and there were 3 M35 cars that were collecting dust.

One was Blue Slate with a black interior - Sport/Tech
    One was Graphite (gray) with a black interior - Sport/Advance Tech
    One was White with a black interior - Sport/Tech

If the colors are right for you, maybe you can ask Sewell to trade with the dealership in California. Or you can simply deal with the fine folks at the CA dealership and have them ship it out for you.
    I plan to keep this car for no more than 5 years. What sort of add-ons would you consider from the dealership if they are willing to sell at "discount".

I was considering the following:
    windshield protection
    tire/wheel protection
    permaplate
    pre-paid maintenance
    lo-jack

Anyone have any ideas on if I can get more bang for my buck by going outside of the dealership on any of these items?
  • stkntrafficstkntraffic Member Posts: 172
    All of those things you listed have very little real value. They're pure profit items for the dealer, with the exception of the maintenance. If you plan on going to the dealer for oil changes anyway, that might be a good deal.
    The problem with a wheel/tire warranty is that unless all the tires are new, you really don't want to replace one tire with a new tire...you should replace both tires on the same axle (that's an anti-lock brake thing). The other issue is that if a tire needs to be replaced, they will probably want to replace it with one of the terrible tires provided on the new cars...and you, the wise driver, will want to replace that tire, and the rest of them with a much better tire.

The problem with pre-paid maintenance is that it's a discount from what they charge if you follow all the dealer recommended profit (they call them service) packages. Unless you are one of those who just follows whatever the dealer says you should do, you will save more money by selecting the real services you want at the big mileage intervals and ignoring their "prepackaged service packages".

lo-jack may be useful if you are in a high crime area....that's very geography dependent.

The permaplate and windshield protection are pure profit items to the dealer.....
  • junebug07junebug07 Member Posts: 2
    :confuse: I have an offer for M35x with Tech/Adv Tech/AFS lights...MSRP $54,045, Offer #1-$47,500 plus tt with 0.9% financing, or 41,000 plus tt-get my own financing. Why can't i get the 41,000 with 0.9%. Does anyone have inside info on what will happen in Jan? There are a lot of 08, M35x's sitting on lots, I am in Jersey and have been watching for about a month, I think that this is a good deal, but aren't the 09's coming, then what are the dealers going to do? Maybe I should wait a little longer
    Infiniti has two offers going...one is a low finance rate; the other is money off up front. Take your pick.

No one knows what will happen tomorrow, let alone January. Manufacturers can and do change their program at any time. Sometimes there is better leasing on the X than the non X cars. The 09's are coming with some engine/transmission changes but no one really knows if the difference will be noticeable. Yes, a little more HP and 7 speed on some models...but at a price.

Generally, when the next years cars come out, they have no promotions or money on them for a couple of months to help sell off the older new cars which still have the money/deals attached. No reason that should change. Likely what you see today on the 08's will continue and the 09's will just sell without any special lease/finance/purchase deals until the 08's are gone.
This discussion has been closed.