Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Honda Civic Sedan 2006

Comments

• mam262mam262 Member Posts: 37
    Do we know for sure yet if a navigation system will be available on the new Civic?
  • boomchekboomchek Member Posts: 5,516
    No word on that yet.

2016 Audi A7 3.0T S Line, 2021 Subaru WRX

• evpedevped Member Posts: 39
    Wouldn't a Civic Si sedan conflict with the TSX?
  • dteskadteska Member Posts: 12
    Not sure if this has already been posted, but here is a link to video of the Civic concept at the Geneva Motor.

http://autos.msn.com/as/minishow/videogallery.aspx?s=geneva2005
  • boomchekboomchek Member Posts: 5,516
    Not really because the Civic Si is still much much smaller car than the TSX and not as luxurious.

2016 Audi A7 3.0T S Line, 2021 Subaru WRX

• corey415corey415 Member Posts: 49
    Actually the new Civic Si and TSX will have somewhat similar dimensions. The length, width, and height of the current civic is 175.4 in., 67.5 in., and 56.7 in. respectively.

The current length, width, and height of the TSX is 183.3 in, 69.4 in., and 57.3 in respectively

From what insiders are saying, the new civic will be around 3 inches wider and longer. That means the width would be similar, and the tsx would be around 5 inches longer than the civic. Those dimensions seems similar enough to me.

I actually am interested in both the 06 Civic Si and the TSX. Either way, honda will get my money. But if i buy a civic si, they will get slightly less of my money.
  • jchan2jchan2 Member Posts: 4,956
    I think the TSX will be slightly more luxurious and offer that longer warranty, more prestigious badge, better customer service, and service loaner cars that come with the Acura badge.
  • callmedrfillcallmedrfill Member Posts: 729
    Keeps Leather and NAV out of the Si, from the factory, than I wouldn't see a major dent in TSX sales.

DrFill
    The thing is, the civic isnt selling that well partially because its lacks those options. For example, you can get leather in toyota corollas, and options like nav. and HID lighting in the Mazda 3.

I dont even like leather seats, but I think honda would be making a mistake by not offering navigation as an option in the new civic. Since they are introducing the Fit/Jazz, it should allow the civic to move more upscale.
  • chidorochidoro Member Posts: 125
    I don't see the unavailability of factory leather as an issue that's effecting sales. That being said, I certainly see no reason for not having either that or nav as an option. If someone wants to toss 2k down for a nav, let them as far as I'm concerned.

Is it really growing three inches longer and wider? Especially in the width's case, that's a pretty sizable jump. Might make life in the rear seat actually passable for an adult.
    A 200HP Civic Si Sedan with Leather, Nav, and 6-speed would kinda leave you with a TSX. Wouldn't it?

DrFill
  • stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,537
    But hardly anyone ever buys a Rola or MZ3 with leather, HID or Nav.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• sik99sik99 Member Posts: 23
    What is all this Nav talk. Is there something I don't know about nav systems that makes them a "must have"??? From a conspiracy theory point of view I'd just see nav systems, gps, onstar and all that stuff as another way the govt. can keep tabs on you. I guess what i'm asking is whats the big deal with Nav?

-SiK99
  • venus537venus537 Member Posts: 1,443
    "A 200HP Civic Si Sedan with Leather, Nav, and 6-speed would kinda leave you with a TSX. Wouldn't it?"

NO! just a loaded civic or a "4 door" RSX.

this pretty much spells the end of the line for the RSX with the new civic being available with these features.
    it's very very convenient. the system does more than just give directions.

-it gives alternate routes to a destination depending on if you want to use mainly highways or if you just want the shortest route.

-if you're traveling and you want to eat at a certain kind of restaurant. no problem, the navi not only list all the restaurants by distance it can list them by type. or you can just type in a restaurant (outback steak house for example) and the navi will tell you where the nearest one is. this principle would also work for hotels and golf courses.

no, my car doesn't have one. however, it would probably be a "must have" option for me if i traveled a lot. people who have them swear by it and would never get another car without it!
    If the government want's to track you, they can do it, regardless if you have a navi or not.

They are not a must have, but if you do travel a lot, they are "great to have".

It is an important issue, with many cars these days offering navi, if Honda wants to keep pace or even go ahead of the competition, they better offer navi for those who do want it.
    Honda must be doing a really good job of keeping the new civic under wraps as there have been few spy pictures.

There were some people in Canada who so the Si but they did not have a camera with them.

COME ONE PEOPLE...KEEP THOSE EYES AND CAMERA'S READY....we need some pictures!!!!!!!!!!!
  • maxamillion1maxamillion1 Member Posts: 1,467
    I am not sure about the Corolla (which has no Navi option at the moment), but MANY Mazda3s models around my area (in Upstate, SC) are coming with leather and the HIDS....

The Mazda3 is readily availalbe in my area with leather and HID options...its not rare at all to find a Mazda3 with these options here.

The Corolla with leather I have NEVER seen..and I live in the infamous SET Region known for adding stuff like leather to cars.
    Don't you think Honda would be smart enough to UP the power of the TSX IF the Civic came out with a Si Sedan..

Afterall, for the 2007 MY, the TSX should be getting its facelift right, and the 2007 MY is when this so called "Si" Sedan is coming to the market...

I'm just dying to see the basic Civic, much less the Si model...
    So if that's enough for ya.....

DrFill
    not hardly. but the TSX is getting a modest boost in horsepower for 06.
  • claudius753claudius753 Member Posts: 138
    The RSX-S engine is a K20A ( i think) and the TSX is a K24. I don't think they would go from a 2.4l to a 2.0l engine. RSX-S May have more HP, but not as much torque. Modest increase to the current engine sounds more feasible.

I don't think that an Si sedan would really compete with a TSX, and I think it would be a smart move for Honda.
    exactly!

having a high performance civic eventually replacing the rsx seems like a smart move to me. there's been no official announcement of this but there are no plans to redesign the rsx. it makes sense that the amenities of the rsx will be included in the new civic. and having a Si sedan seems appealing too.
    There is no way K20A could be used in the TSX. Does not produce enough torque.
  • 307web307web Member Posts: 1,033
    People love to post wild rumors with no substantiation
    I'd like to see some please.
    Looks like a few people have spotted the new Civic being tested, problem is no one seems to have a camera with them when they see it.

COME ON PEOPLE...LETS GET SOME PICTURES!!!!!!!!!!
    I would think that soon Honda would release some details of the new Civic, maybe July/August they will release final specs and pictures, with it being available in September?
  • blueiedgodblueiedgod Member Posts: 2,798
    I would think that soon Honda would release some details of the new Civic, maybe July/August they will release final specs and pictures, with it being available in September?

Judging from the previous releases, you don't get pictures before the cars are at the dealership.
    That surprises me a little to be honest. Don’t they want to generate any pre-release buzz or are they too worried about how that could negatively effect the ’05 sales?
  • jrct9454jrct9454 Member Posts: 2,363
    The first time you will see OFFICIAL pictures is when the press is invited to drive the car, which presumably will be either July or August, to hit the monthlies for Sept or October issues.

This is the way Honda of America has always done business. The show car is all you are going to get by way of "pre-release buzz".

The spy shots out there already give a pretty good idea of how the production cars will look. Frankly, the styling details are the least interesting part of the equation for me - the real question is whether or not they have addressed the historical problems with road noise and general lack of refinement in the Civic vs the competition, especially the Corolla and Elantra. And, the hope that they can screw them together properly in the first year - early production examples of the current gen Civic were notorious for interior noises [squeaks, rattles] and general clunkiness.

Focusing on how the cars will look is OK, I guess, but not nearly important as how they will drive and behave in the real world.
    If the Odyssey, Accord and TL are any indication of what we'll see...we'll be waiting about a month or so before we see any real good pics..

The Offical pics will be out right before the car goes on sale...probably about two weeks before see them on the lot.

But bet your bottom dollar, someone somewhere out there will be posting some pics of the Civic on the street soon...that's all I'll say..

So be ready, we won't see offical pics until right before it comes out, but there will be some spy pics of the car fully unveiled before long.

There were full pics of the Odyssey about two months before they came out...but the offical ones weren't out until they were ready for release.
  • 307web307web Member Posts: 1,033
    Honda is not interested in pre-release buzz. They always try very hard to prevent leaks. This is nothing new with the '06 Civic.
    They have already gone further than they normally go by having a mockup of the Si concept at the autoshow.
  • sik99sik99 Member Posts: 23
    I'm not sure if this pertains to the regular 06 civics or not but the 06 civic Si is supposed to debut at the SEMA show. That isn't until Nov. 1st- Nov. 4th.

-SiK99
    Correct, the '06 Civic Si is set to debut ath the SEMA show in Nov. The DX, LX, and EX sedan and coupes should be on dealer lots by around mid Sept.
  • voidvoicevoidvoice Member Posts: 24
    I see Honda has the concept pics in its web site. isnt that the "look" of the car?
  • vtec2vtec2 Member Posts: 43
    No pre-release buzz? What do you call this thread then?

All the talk, speculation, and rumors. Honda knows this is going on.
  • blueiedgodblueiedgod Member Posts: 2,798
    No pre-release buzz? What do you call this thread then?

All the talk, speculation, and rumors. Honda knows this is going on

You can bet that Honda reads these posts. I posted (my name was Dudka) back in 1999, when I got my first new Honda, that it would have been nice to have the a/c disconnect when you need power, and then come back online when you are done the pass or whatever you needed the power for. That feature appeared on my 2002 Civic Si. It would have been nicer if they at least sent me a card or something, but I am glad my suggestion made it into a production vehicle.
    Check it out guys. Car looks great!

http://www.vtec.net/news/news-item?news_item_id=364303

I think you need to register there to see it.
  • dudleyrdudleyr Member Posts: 3,469
    Yes it looks very nice. I wonder how much space it gained inside.
    I think they look just like the spy photos from Brenda Priddy& co from a while back but Black instead of White.

I'll reserve judgement until I see some photos that are what the real car will look like without cover ups and the like....

I need a nice interior, nice power & acceleration, decent handling, and decent economy...

'06 Civic vs '06 Mazda 3 vs '06 Audi A3.....we'll see how this plays out by sept/nov....any way, I can't lose...can't wait! :D
    Interesting stuff. There are two different sedans there, on with wheel covers ad one w/ alloys. Claims of increased width seem to be true. It also looks like the mirrors might fold in and have LED's which are nice amenities.
    And while I'm normally not a coupe fan, this one looks pretty spiffy.

It's an important car to Honda and it looks as if they treated it as such.
    registered and saw the pics. Nice! :)
  • carzzzcarzzz Member Posts: 282
    the 200hp on Si will outperform the RSX-S!
  • stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,537
    looks nice. I really wish the were bringing over the 5 door that looks like a coupe though.

Still, if it drives like a Honda should (the shifter, etc.) and gets great mileage, and the price stays down, and they do a good job on the interior, could be tempting. The new 3 series was super nice, and the next Lexus IS could be sweet, but the Civic will at least be affordable! Probably a lot of things you could do with the 15-20K difference in price between an EX and one of the other cars.

Honda really needs a homerun with this model. If the '06 doesn't immediately start winning comparison tests (ahead of the Mazda 30, and if CR doesn't top rate it, it won't be good.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• thegraduatethegraduate Member Posts: 9,731
    Any whispers going around on what the 06 Civic will look like inside? Should we expect a waterfall dash like Accord, or a pod-like design from current? Cool blue-ish gauges like the Odyssey and TL/RL? How about in-dash CD changer on EX? Leather option? I am not concerned with heated seats (live in deep south) but auto-climate control would be neat on the EX. It has been used on the civic hybrid for years. Why not bring it to the uplevel EX?

The civic being popular with younger folks, I am looking for a 6 speaker stereo on LX with a 7 (incl. subwoofer) speaker system on the EX. Maybe with the tradition of bundling features with DX, LX, EX, et al...an EX-L is on the way for the sedan, and perhaps an EX-S for the coupe? Just speculation of course, but liked the direction Honda was going with the SE versions of its 2005 Civics.
  • backybacky Member Posts: 18,949
    I hope the front fascia looks better when the tape comes off. Also, to me the 4-door bears a striking resemblence to the '06 Accent, and the front looks a lot like the first-generation ION--maybe because of the tape on the front. The worst thing is the rub strip along the bottom of the car--where it is practically useless for fending off dings.
  • dampfnudeldampfnudel Member Posts: 131
    Actually, the front of the '06 Hyundai Accent reminds me of the Corolla.
    look very nice.

I could be very biased though, as the current owner of 2 Hondas (including a Civic) and the previous owner of another Honda, and I tend to prefer Hondas over Toyotas.
This discussion has been closed.