Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Honda Civic Sedan 2006

Comments

• psypsy Member Posts: 122
    Kero

My oil leak is the power steering. Theres a TBS on this. Its a fitting on the low psi / return side of the pump. No biggy at all. Nothing to do with your issue.

I have seen the issue that concerns you. My car does the same exact thing. I brought this up to my dealer also. They say they see it on all the r18 Civics also.

I stoped mine with a engine under belly pan. I have noticed from day one that a ton of air goes up into the engine bay. I aways had a dirty engine bay, road salts and grim loaded in the hood insultion pad. Its bugged me from day one. I would see the build up your seeing wipe it out and two weeks later it was back. BUT it seems to only get so bad. So I made and installed my engine belly pan. Cleaned my engine bay up. The goo has not returned in full force for two weeks. Theres some there but not like it was. I honestly thing its a catch area for road grim and muck. Why there I dont know.

Im very impressed with my dealer. Ive bought two new cars from them in the last 7 or 8 months. This is my first exp. with them for warrenty work and they did very good IMO. All concerns and issues will be addressed.
    As a past software beta tester. honda so far has done a much better job with the Civic than MS has ever done with a OS. :)
  • tjs01tjs01 Member Posts: 34
    What is a window swith?
    switch
  • doan4udoan4u Member Posts: 105
    That part take allots of work. I not sure you want get to the 12v jack or radio section. Just remember your whole front panel is snap-on w/ 2-3 screw at the bottom.

Photobucket     <a href=Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

2. Look beneath the dashboard for any screw. It all snap-on, don't afraid to pull it off. Always start from the bottoma nd move up toward you.
    3. Remove the middle console of where you install the aux.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I hope this help, sorry if direction very professional. Have question which part, just asked ;) :shades:
    I meant NOT very Professional setup :P
  • 2006civiclx2006civiclx Member Posts: 13
    Thanks doan4u,

I would like to get to the 12V section of the pocket, not
    the radio, but as you stated it is a lot of works and look like that I will have to remove the radio part in order
    to get to the center pocket section, not worth the hassle.
    Thanks for your help as always,

Regards,

2006civiclx
  • patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    More great info you've posted, thank you!

Just a note though - you may not have noticed, but you have an Edit link available for about 30 minutes after you've posted in case you see something you want to change. It's just underneath or to the right of the post title. Hope this helps.
    Here a simple method. I wasn't sure what you want to play with the radio, both or 12v section :P

Playing with the 12v section ;)

This would be simpler I guess :shades:
    Good point, Thanks. I did want to change something, can't figure how :P

:shades:
    Still can't figure out how? There's an Edit link (also a Delete link) in the gray bar that contains the title of your post:

#4195 of 4195 Re: Picture Perfect [pat] by doan4u Jun 25, 2006 (12:12 pm)
    Bookmark | Reply | Edit | Delete

The Edit and Delete links go away after about 30 minutes.

Email me if this doesn't make it clear - we'll get it figured out.
  • sandman46sandman46 Member Posts: 1,798
    Just found out that it's got the auto up & down...very cool! About the speakers, I had a shop do both the tint & speaker job. I do know that he had to cut the old speaker to use the housing for the new speaker. Also noticed a small sub-woofer in the trunk I think. Any help please on if it's in fact a sub.
    Still not crazy about the low sound in the cabin, my Sentra really kicked [non-permissible content removed] with it's Road Trip set up. Will eradicate this problem soon. Love my music loud & with a rich sound the envelopes you.

The Sandman :)
  • harvey44harvey44 Member Posts: 178
    Sandman,

If I may be so bold - how much for the tint? My dealer doesn't offer it as an option.

Mark
    I got this price with no tax...the guy's worked on my last 4 cars since 1988, so he gave me a break. Just put in 2 tweeters about an hour ago...really brings the music up to surround you. There are 2 places on each side of the widshield. We both just noticed them this afternoon!

The Sandman :):)
  • hangaralf1hangaralf1 Member Posts: 107
    something you should know about if you don't already. those door speakers get wet. i think honda planned this since the speaker "frame"? has a gasket where it is mounted to the sheet metal. I found out after i opened up the door panel to replace my speakers not too long after a rain. i don't think the DLS speakers that i bought were designed for this since the speaker frame is made of steel (the honda's is made of plastic??!! - which might explain the boomy bass). crutchfield sells a rubber foam cone to go around it and seal out moisture.
  • sheldo1sheldo1 Member Posts: 64
    I just noticed that the drivers side rear seems to be lower than the passenger side. I noticed this because of the gaps between the tire and wheel well are different on each side. When I measured, I found a 1 1/2" difference. Has anyone else noticed this? If so, how did you correct it?
  • kero1kero1 Member Posts: 154
    I have made more than a few posts about the front and rear gaps being different on my car and even posted photos I believe in this forum.

I do recall more than a few people mentioning something about sagging springs, which would cause the gap issue.

Now that you mention it, I might as well check from left to right since I already checked from front to back.

I hope I don't have this problem as my car has been back to the dealer 2 times now and every time they stain my car with grease and such inside.
  • cybergypsycybergypsy Member Posts: 51
    I looked at both, and the EX drives tighter, also sprung for the Navi, which is just amazing, I have had others....The money is worth it!
    Well worth it!!!!!
    Any help would be appreciated. We are picking up a new one within a few days - I'm going to try to be pretty thorough when I drive it. What to look for?

Bad door seals
    Bad shocks
    What else?

Mark
    Mark,

Hmm, I never heard about the bad door seals but here are some things to keep an eye out for, some of which has been posted and some of which are on my own car.

#1 front or rear end suspension noise, etc
    #2 if you car comes with bridgestones, a hum at highway speed, something about belts in the tires.
    #3 Sagging springs
    #4 possible power steering fluid leak or oil leaks
    #5 possible weak A/C
    #6 some interior issues like panel gaps and or seat seams coming undone.

I myself have a 06 LX with 2000 miles, my only problems thus far was a weak AC, front right end noise over bumps, bad alignment from the day I picked up the car, fixed by dealer, panel keeps popping out near seatbelt on passenger side, very small oil residue rear right corner on valve cover.

I still love the car and after 2000 miles, the car has settled and broken in a bit and drives and feels great.

Remember, first year production model, totally new design in and out, you have to expect a few problems.

Luckily, I think my problems were not as bad as people having entire suspensions replaced, etc.

Good luck when you get your car, you will love it I am sure.
    What do I look for on sagging springs?
  • tjs01tjs01 Member Posts: 34
    Do you have any idea of the manufacture date or VINs of the cars that were not aligned at the factory? The dealer said they were not aware of any service bulletins regarding this.
    My Toe was either in or out and they had to realign the car 2 days later. Someone tried to save time & just swapped tires left to right & front to rear to avoid the extra work the day I picked the car up. It's better than it was...not dead on...but I'll wait till my 1st service to tackle it again.

The Sandman :)
  • targettuningtargettuning Member Posts: 1,371
    As noted by some others I also have a rather noticeable ride height difference between the left/right rear with the left (driver) side lower than the right. This is in addition to a right rear suspension noise thought to be a faulty strut. Has there been any official (a TSB for instance) indication that Honda acknowledges a fault? Although I would have thought the ride height would be the same left to right has anybody actually determined this is not correct per design? Finally, has anybody had this corrected by replacing the spring/strut assy.? And to think I traded a perfectly good Santa Fe for more customer waiting lounge time...
    Ok. So some people (including consumer reports) think that it's a risk to buy a newly redesigned car. Like the Civic. CR said new models a have 44% more problems.

What do you think - does waiting until the END of the first year (like NOW) help at all or are redesigned systems held up until the next model year?

M
  • honda11honda11 Member Posts: 22
    I had steering problems and stability issues that (after several attempts) were traced to bad alignment from the factory. I had an EX coupe made in Canada that I took delivery of in March. My Caster, camber and one rear toe were really off. After the third repair to fix and being assured by technical services that it was within factory specs I traded the car off. After alignment it was greatly improved, but didn't feel completely stable to me. Was told everything checked out as normal. Tires were replaced also. Hopefully someone else will benefit from the 3 months I put into getting this car back to the way it "should" have been from the factory and will have an OK car.
    I also wanted to note that I observed the second day I had the car the ride height difference with the driver's side being lower. It was that noticable. I was again told everything was normal, but I have to wonder if I had a sagging spring, back shock or something that may have been contributing to the instability I felt.
    Guys,

I am just one of the many people complaining here about minor to moderate problems with their civics, etc.

We can go round and round about them but I guess it does no good until Honda issues recalls on the issues we know and they know are true and valid. We also all know that it does not take much time for a car mfg'r to find why the problems are being cause.

My guess is why release recalls and hurt sales of a newly designed vehicle that can also hurt future sales of the same shape and style car.

Would it not be great for Honda to read a forum like this because I truely believe, the dealerships don't report all problems to the mfg'r. Only the warranty repairs get reported and that's only because the dealer wants to be reimbursed by the mfg'r.

Half the problems we go in for, when not fixed, don't get reported and thus, no effort gets put into finding the problem and then issueing recalls.

We all know TSB's are not truely suppose to be known by the buyers of the vehicle and when I mentioned some of them to my dealership for the problems I was having they made believe they had no idea there were any.

Just my thoughts and to be honest, eventhough I have my share of problems with my car, I still love it and enjoy driving it and really like the design, shape, styling, blah blah blah.

It surely beats driving my 05 scooby that was t-boned and had 14,000 worth of damage.

We sometimes have to not take for granted we drive a civic as there are many people in the world that would die or give anything to have a car period, let alone a new one with some minor problems.

None of the above was meant to sound rude or mean. Just my feelings on things.
    my vin, just missed that one.......i still wii have it checked after firtst oil change
  • skeeter11skeeter11 Member Posts: 33
    Just checked my engine oil level via dipstick and noticed that the oil only measured up about 50% on the indicated part of the dipstick. Is this normal to experience between oil changes? It's been about 3,500 miles since my last oil change. I have not noticed any oil spots where I park my car. Wondering if this requires another trip back to the dealer to check for an oil leak. Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks.

Skeeter11
  • slowpedalerslowpedaler Member Posts: 62
    I noticed the exact same thing on my Coupe.
    Mine has about 5K and its still full, first change coming up soon,
    EX coupe......
    Let's talk about them here: Honda Civic Sedan 2006 Issues.
    I enjoyed reading your post!

Also glad to see HOST directed problems to a new thread. :)

Ive had some problems come up with my Civic. I expected them to be quite honest. Its a first year of a new gen. There will be problems. I look at it as a adventure and one I can take knowing I have a rare 5MT Sedan with Navi. :shades:

There is soooo much to like and enjoy concerning this car. It just dosent seem to do it or the owners justic to get all bent about issues and bugs that are going to surface given the production situation concerning the car.

I do feel sorry for those that got screwed around when purchasing there cars and way way over paided for them. Then couple that with a hord service dept, it could get frustrating very fast.

I paided $416 above invoice in Dec / 05 for the Civic and $300 under invoice for the Accord in May / 05.

What good things have happened in your Civic? What kinda fun have you had? Planing any road trips? what about the car do you like?

Lets share some fun and intresting things about our cars! after all we are a part of the Civic Nation!

Ive taken our civic to weddings. It will do its first funeral in the morning. :cry: I know it will handel its self well.

Ive taken it on many trips into western Arkansas. It loves to slice around on two lane twistys and make the tach sore to redline. Or can be a humble gas miser.

Here is a link to a road trip we took to PHX. http://www.cleanmpg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=535

Even with a few problems my Civic is a great car. I expect nothing less than 300k miles out of it. :)

Enjoy
    psy
  • cmunizcmuniz Member Posts: 604
    In the spirit of your post, we just got back from a 2,400 mile round trip from Texas to Michigan in our 2006 LX auto and averaged just over 40 mpg. We took the Civic instead of a bigger, more comfortable Ford Freestyle to see how well it did on long trips and to save gas. The Civic exceeded our expectations. It drives like a much bigger car on the highways - very steady at highway speeds of 75 mph. Power was no problem. We had plenty of room for both of us and the comfort was adequate for the 12 hr days we put on the road. All in all we are very happy with the car, especially ther value & quality for the money.
  • riposteriposte Member Posts: 160
    Either works. hee hee hee
    In reply to your reply to my post.

I have taken my LX on a few camping trips Upstate NY and really enjoyed the trip in my car.

It handled the twistys and hills just fine with gear and wife in tow, hahaha.

After 2000+ miles I still like looking at it and eventhough I still have some odd noises and such, the car still makes me happy.

I hope to take a long trip down to Lancaster PA etc.

Driving my civic is fun and eventhough it's no race car, it surely does not bore me like some other cars that are on the market right now.
    Will the alloys from an EX fit on an LX? A co-worker will be selling hers shortly...to me, & I was wondering if I could just swap 'em out with the LX's steelies? I know the EX has rear discs while my LX has rear drums. Will this cause a problem?
    I've already addressed the lack of 6 speakers by putting in tweeters. The only other thing I really wanted from the EX were the alloys. Didn't really want the sunroof, but the discs would've been nice.
    Any help would be appreciated.

The Sandman :):):):)
  • briman2kbriman2k Member Posts: 20
    If it helps any, the LX in Canada comes with alloys, with drums in the back...

Brian
  • mrcavemanmrcaveman Member Posts: 17
    I brought a LX auto in mid May and now have over 1800 miles on it without any problems at all. Paid $500 under msrp plus free mud guards. No complaints here. My last trip to Hannibal Mo. resulted in 45 mpg (air on) . That has been my best to date. Most of my 200 mile trips have all average over 40 mpg. (Fill up same station, same pump). I'm happy. What I really like about my car is the MP3 player. I rip my cd's to mp3(192 kb). At that quality I can put about 6 to 8 standard cds on a single cd. It plays great and never misses a beat. It even tells me the title of the song playing. I like mixing up the song titles on cds. Good luck everyone.
    That mileage sounds incredible! With about 440 miles on the car, I'm at 30 - 33 in the city, as I've only been on the turnpike twice. Am very pleased and I know that when the engine's really broken in, I'll be closer to the upper 30's. Very happy with the car, and once I get the EX rims, I'll be all done! I just hope they do fit, but according to Briman2k, I should have no problem.

The Sandman :):)
  • bman64bman64 Member Posts: 14
    The EX alloys are a direct bolt-on, an easy swap onto your LX. Be sure to get the lugnuts from her too. :shades:
  • repoman1repoman1 Member Posts: 64
    Anyone know when 2007 Civic sedans will arrive at the dealers and when we can order a 2007 ?
    We have a new discussion where we can - politely - compare these two vehicles. If you're interested, come on over: Honda Civic vs. Hyundai Sonata.
  • targettuningtargettuning Member Posts: 1,371
    First with all the sub-sites recently initiated I don't know if this update is properly posted here but here goes...I have a noisy right rear suspension on my 06 EX sedan and after returning it to the dealer Monday it was found that BOTH rear shocks were leaking and parts ordered. I was surprised the left side was faulty too. The measureable difference in left to right rear ride height was pointed out to the tech but it may be the shocks will also correct this. If not I will have to have the springs looked at too.
    cybergypsy, I need for you to email me as soon as you see this - pat AT edmunds.com. Thanks!
  • butterflyjonesbutterflyjones Member Posts: 72
    I went to a Honda dealer in my area today and he said in September. He didn't give any specifics. I test drove both a coupe and a sedan, sedan manual tranny coupe auto. Both had the infamous pull to the right and both had loud bridgestone turanza tires. Today was only about 83 or so degrees so I wasn't able to tell how well the a/c worked. We went on a 3.5 mile circle through a residential neighborhood that didn't allow for much of a test drive so when he asked me what I thought of the car I said ," I didn't have the opportunity to really test it out thoroughly enough to say". I may have to wait till this car cools down ( which may be a long time seeing that they sell as soon as they arrive on the lot) before I get the opportunity to do a REALLY THROUGH test drive. Anyway I wasn't able to hear much with the a/c and heavy construction work going on in the area. :( :confuse: :sick:
  • butterflyjonesbutterflyjones Member Posts: 72
    It's very likely that next years models will have the same issues as the current ones seeing that there aren't likely to be any changes. When Honda runs out of a certain part that is defective such as the trannys in 1998-2004 accords then you may feel better about buying a Honda. Just ask some of those v-6 Accord owners how they feel about buying a new Accord and then finding out 20-60k miles later that they purchased an Accord with a defective tranny. Many got a "good faith" free replacement but many didn't so when any parts that are made defective and Honda has bought 5- 16 million of them its really a luck of the draw if you get a car without the problems the majority will have. They go ahead and put the defective parts in the new automobiles and then hope that they can get away without fixing very many of them. Sometimes they see where it's more advantageous to go ahead and fix the problems sometimes they say it's normal, so they think you will just accept the defects and leave them alone. You have to be persistent and bug the beegeeebeeers out of them to get something corrected!!!This had been my experience!!!
  • 2006civiclx2006civiclx Member Posts: 13
    Greetings doan4u,

After so many delays and holidays, I just finished my
    AUX port installation on my 2006 LX sedan last weekend.

Thank you for your many helps.

By the way, do you know that the 2006 EX sedan comes
    with remote trunk locking feature?. I would like to install
    the same feature for my LX, do you know if that is
    possible?, please let me know. Thanks.

2006civiclx
    Great Job 2006civiclx!!!

Bad new. Sorry, only the Si Civic Model carry the remote locking feature. I really don't know it will fit a LX,EX Sedan. The trunk size is not the same diameter. Yet, The ideas has great possibilities. Install a upgrade security system w/ your OEM. I'm thinking of doing it later on. Right now, I'm focusing on getting a B-pillar decals,Mugen style window visors,and the door sill plate with CIVIC logo. :shades:

anytime time need help, just asked. Thanks
This discussion has been closed.