Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Porsche Cayenne Prices Paid

svnsvn Member Posts: 4
edited May 2015 in Porsche
I am looking to buy a 2005 Cayenne V6 or S in the Boston area...thought I'd start this thread to see what prices are being paid and also to find out who are the best dealers service-wise in the Boston area....I like to buy where I plan to service...

Comments

• highenderhighender Member Posts: 1,358
    in Bay Area are being offered at a relatively huge discount. Expect to pay $6000 off MSRP for the S model, and $8000 off the turbo .

I think the dealers are really behind the times in providing excellent service....though my dealer/service advisor goes out of his way to please me...brought the cayenne in for alignment and oil change , and he gave me a rental car and a free full tank of gas....

good luck on your search.. :)
  • gardencargardencar Member Posts: 293
    highender,

Any idea what discounts may be on the V6 model?
    How fast is the V6? Is it even worth considering? Finally, what are some Bay Area dealers or even any in CA that are giving large discounts for year end models. Thanks for your input.
    Saw an '04 Cayenne S, Titanium Silver, 21K miles for $46,000 in the local paper.
    I'm not all that familiar with the V6 models, but am sure the end of month and end of year sales will give you more leeway in terms of bargaining.

I hope you can wait 3 months...because typically December is slow, since people are buying gifts (small) , so they may be more willing to bargain......

I think Oakland Porsche is willing to bargain down....and just stick with it....and you will get the car... :)
    highender, thanks for the tip. Am really liking the Cayenne S, now.

For some reason, I'm thinking you're in the Bay Area.
    I am....got mine at the Oakland dealership...

good luck.... :)
  • bobp7bobp7 Member Posts: 41
    hi highender, etal:
    went to test drive the 3 vehicles noted above and have cut the decision down to a clear winner, the cay s. even though the one i am looking at doesn't have all the options i believe having the guts underneath the cay are more important than the toys on the fx.
    my concern is one reliability - there i have my doubts about the cay after reading the boards here and at another site.
    looking for some cay support...
    btw, the pricing is under 55k but no nav; bummer - any way to get it reasonably?
    thx!
    bobp7
  • jacjac Member Posts: 1
    Is anyome familiar with the maintenance costs of a Porsche Cayenne?
    This website has a section on maintenance costs. You can look up the Cayenne's projected maintenance costs by clicking on the TCO, True Cost to Own, feature on the Edmunds home page, under Top Features.
    Or, you can go to the Porshe Cayenne pricing and review pages, scroll down to the maintenance section on the left margin, and click on that. This will give you local shop pricing based on your zip code.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,142
    Definitely visit our Maintenance Costs section to get the service schedule and pricing for your area. You might also want to look at the True Cost to Own calculator to determine other possible costs.

kirstie_h
    Roving Host & Future Vehicles Host

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? [email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

wait 3 months...and buy it in december...where you will get end of year, end of month, and 2004 model clearance prices...

a lot more bargaining room there...

I like the Cayenne....most on the boards know that....the reasons are many...
    1- Like you said...the guts....the engine. The engine is hand built and bench tested. Does that mean something ? No, not to a lot of people. But to a few aficionados...it means the engine has been built with love ( not worth much ?) , and has been hooked up to a dynometer, and made sure it produced the stated horsepower. If it does not, the engine tech must take it apart and start over....it must past the HP test....and torque tests....etc....just like AMG engines, and a vast majority of racing/exotic engines....

2- the problems that you hear may be limited to some fine tuning of components, or some part failure. These happen even to Hondas. My toyota had problems too. I am not discounting they exist....just saying that they may be minor teething pains
    nothing like the krypton bike lock.... ;)

3- best combination of 4x4 and race car that I have seen yet...though the FX45 comes close, as does the BMW. BTW, if you go to their forums, you will find problems there also...
  • drcjdrcj Member Posts: 7
    Just a note about my own cay s, I came out of owning 5 Landcruisers and the best advice I can give you about what I've seen at my dealer and talking to other cay owners is that the more little goodies your cay has, the more initial visits you'll have to the dealer. My visits were every other week for about 3 months with over a dozen defects, some of which are now being updated again.

The overall Quality is great except poor dash ergonomics for HVAC and audio and a nagging hesitation in the throttle, the initial quality control from Porsche on these cars is poor. Just expect to buy a car that will have whatever issues handled by the dealer...

so check in with the service dept and see if you get a good impression, are they real (humans) or arrogant? What will they give you for a loaner? My dealer really cares about my satisfaction and I would have sold the car long ago if they didn't... I now have about 8k miles and the

It's a fun ride if you can be really tolerant the first 6 months.
    oops, left out that that my cay s is in at 8k for new tires ( came with bridgestones ER30's) and an alignment.

Great brakes and suspension along with mountain driving have taken a toll on the tires. I am hoping that in the spring I'll get the snow tires off and find some Michelin or Goodyear that will fit. The selection is slim at the moment so I just put on dunlop snows.
    it seems like some people have some issues with their car, but others have no problems....

perhaps the issues are more random, than systematic...'

though there are some systematic ones...like the remote sensitivity, or lack thereof..
  • svnsvn Member Posts: 4
    Thanks highender, just picked up a CS 05 for 6000 under MSRP...I was in a rush to buy it over the weekend, but I believe if one were to wait till December, some really good deals will be forthcoming...especially with dealers who have 04's sitting on their lots...in that case, Porsche is holding 05's at port leading to an eventual pileup of inventory around the year end.
    congrats...svn !!

I did not want to wait, so bought mine right when it came out....so paid a premium...

Recently I was selected by a research group Fisher Associates (maybe hired by Porsche ?) to answer an in depth survey regarding the cayenne.

I rated it very high overall, but did mention things like the remote sensitivity, need for large wheels to be at least an (no charge) option but standard, improvements in luxury features, so it will be able to surpass the Range Rover in that aspect. I know the engine already surpasses the Ranger, as do all performance related features.
  • nigelunigelu Member Posts: 6
    Hello Gardencar, did you end up buying yours yet, I'm in the bay area as well and looking for a good deal on either the V6 or S, what have you been quoted so far?
    Any advice much appreciated,
    Nigel
  • svnsvn Member Posts: 4
    I definitely agree on the luxury features....its amazing that some cayennes don't have autodimming rearviews...that's a standard feature on corolla's now!...
    well, I guess we can always step on the gas and there would not be a car behind (except receding )
    ....... :) J/K

well, perhaps they will add that next....

I just reach up and adjust it(mirror) myself...
  • kaipingmakaipingma Member Posts: 7
    I have been looking for a new 2004 Cayenne V6. I used both AAA Auto program and Costco Auto program to get a quote. AAA gave me the dealer at Redwood city but they didn't even contact me. Costco gave the dealer at Fremont but the salesperson is hard to deal with. (Ignored and missed my emails many times. Lost my fax number twice. I had to keep calling him for him to find me a car. And he wouldn't show me the quote unless I come to the show room.)

Since I was tired of that salesperson, I then used Edmunds to get a quote from Stevens Creek Porsche and the salesperson there is much easy to deal with. The quote I got is about $1000 below the TMV price from Edmunds. Anyone thinks this is a good deal?

Did anyone use Costco or AAA Auto program and get a good deal?

Thanks,

kaipingma
    I used Oakland Porsche, which gave me a great price for my cayenne.

I did not deal with Fremont.

Stead's in Walnut Creek was fine also....but may want a higher price due to its location in a relatively affluent neighborhood...

good luck
    Hello again all, I am curious if there are any known changes to the '05 version of the cay s? I heard P is going to up the horsepower on the turbo but I'm not sure if that is a rumor or real? Anyone up on this?

Gratitude
    you are right...

power is going up for the turbo, to about 500
     for the "S" , the power will go up too...

as will the V6 ...but that is only what the car mags say....
  • jburschjbursch Member Posts: 11
    I have seen postings which indicate that one could get larger discounts for 05's ($6-$8K off sticker) for cars ordered to spec vs. purchasing off lot? Looking to purchase a v6 or S soon in the Los Angeles area. Thanks in advance.
  • frank9frank9 Member Posts: 1
    Hi all,
    went looking for a C04 this weekend in long beach but was talked into an executive demo CS04 (with 1500mi) with nav, comfort seats, moonroof, 6 cd changer, park assist and 4 separate climate control for $55K out the door. Just wondering if this was a good deal. The options arent important to me, with the exception of the moonroof. Just wondering what people are seeing year end for the CS in la area?
    Hi all, have just settled on a cayenne, V6, silver with black leather, pretty well loaded with Nav etc, MSRP was $54195, agreed on a price of $48 720, $1k above invoice, this was in the bay area. Hope this helps
  • jimveejimvee Member Posts: 11
    Just bought an 04 CS in SW Fla. MSRP was about $65k, paid $58, which was $2k over invoice. Not sure we haggled enough, but happy. Came with nav, comfort seats (enhanced memory), 6-disc CD, tire pressure monitor (not working yet), 19" wheels, moonroof, and elec. comf. package (homelink). Carmon Red with Grey interior probably kept this one on the lot for awhile!
  • doneby2010doneby2010 Member Posts: 27
    I'm in the market for an 05 CS. Which dealer did you deal with in the bay area and how did you like your experience?

Thanks....
    I got my 05 C at Stevens Creek Porsche, dealt with them over the internet first and then went for a test drive, drove several cars, they seem eager to help. I cannot benchmark them against others as I only worked with Stevens Creek. Starting your position dealing with invoice plus seemed to work OK.
    Cheers
  • mynextcarmynextcar Member Posts: 30
    I am in the market for v6. I see some of the postings say $X over invoice for 05 model. Could you share with me where you get the invoice info? I went to many sites include Edmund but could not find 05 invoice.
    I had the same issue, I ended up asking the dealer for the invoice of the car I was interested in, and then used the 2004 prices to ensure I wasn't being misled, the option prices seem pretty much the same and, as the MSRP had gone up $1100 or so, I assumed that invoice was about 85% of that increase so added it on to the 2004 invoice price, you may not be exact but you can be pretty close, the info I got from the dealer appeared accurate.
    in late september you guys were very helpful while i was comparing the cay, fx45 & x5. decision was cay; by more than a nose.
    had an opportunity to snag a good deal on a p supported cay but missed it by a couple hours. now another opportunity has come up - a new 04 s non metallic blue (dark sea blue) and grey (slate) interior. trbo look whls & crests, nav, elec pkg, entry & drive, cd chgr, bi-xens, moonroof. 54.5 sell. a bit more than 10k under 04 list. your thoughts are appreciated.
    this deal goes in the paper tomorrow so is it worth it to snag this particular one or wait for a better deal or an '05.
    thx in advance!
  • madlawmadlaw Member Posts: 7
    Just bought an 05 S, Titanium/Stone Gray. I paid 9% below MSRP but vehicle was loaded with stuff like carbon fiber wheel and gear shifter. Car equipped with convenience package, 19" wheels and I sprung for the SportDesign/Sport Exhause package. Looks great but stupidly expensive.
  • svinaiksvinaik Member Posts: 84
    Bobp7,

If the options are to your agreement (I like them all), don't miss the 10Koff. On the 2005, it will not be this substantial and you always have the issue if the vehicle on the lot is optioned to your preferences or not.

One thing I know is that this is one vehicle you are likely to keep for long and if the thought is around the Trade in value etc.. I will prefer to take the immediate discount vs. buying 2005 at a higher price.

Good luck and let us know what happened...
  • stheodd1stheodd1 Member Posts: 18
    Just picked up my 04 S. I absolutely love it. Fairly well equiped plus the adjustable suspension. This was a must for me. I really like the flexibility. Car listed for 63 and change. I paid invoice which was about 55. I am very happy and learning about the capabilities of this great machine.

One thing head lights leak. There is a recall and will be fixed right away.
  • blckislandguyblckislandguy Member Posts: 1,150
    I'm a tax law Section 179 buyer and things are getting right down to the wire (i.e., 1 Jan 05). I've been looking for a V6 in a decent color with some simple, commonsense options (maybe , Tiptronic, zenons, heated seats, not much else). The New England dealers seem to take their revenge on Porche for even having an entry level V6 Cay by loading them up with IMHO crazy options (e.g., "soft" look leather so it looks like a prom couple spent the night in your car; surround sound for $1800 to better listen to talk radio-how many Porche owners listen to rap?; NAV to find your way home from the dock, etc.)

Is the hot tip simply to call all the big-allocation dealers in FL, strike a deal and get it shipped up for $700? (I assume that the big-allocation dealers, even the self described "worlds biggest Porche dealer", have some basic Cays in stock?). Or are the warranty/service issues going to make this not a good idea.

Please advise before my wife says, not without justification, to stop this nonsense and just buy a Denali with 6 liters of cast iron American V8, ready to run out to 150K with just $19.95 oil changes (what is an oil change on a Cay? $150?), a severe duty (x-large convertor/huge fluid capacity) automatic, and parts available at every NAPA. After a while the world of Porche and its dealer body can become a pain. Must be from having to practice saying "Por-Sha" all day long.
    Hi bobp7

I agree with sviniak. It seems like you have some pretty good package. I like the grey interior,,,,mine is savannah beige...which gets dirtier (visibly) easier...

I like the navigation, but the 05 has the DVD based nav...the 04 is still the CD based nav. I have no problems with my Cd based one....I don't have entry and drive, and no changer either. So it seems like a good package....

The turbo wheels are easier to wipe clean, compared to the other one, which I have. I wish I stayed with the turbo ones... sigh...
  • docjackson1docjackson1 Member Posts: 6
    bickislandguy-that tax break expired in september, when bush signed it out of law-sorry.
    i have ended up going in a different direction. still getting a german v8 all wheel drive, tiptronic 6 speed vehicle but a sedan - the phaeton. what a car! amazing - this one really will give the S class and 7 series a solid competitor - once people learn about it and get over the badge.
    if you are the type of person that isn't totally wrapped up in a brand image and really want a well thought out and crafted car, check this one out!
    Anyway, I believe my Cay S is now 3 years away. Hope they work out the kinks during that time. I will be monitoring this board regularly.
    thx again!
  • docjackson1docjackson1 Member Posts: 6
    if you get a phaeton, get a cheep lease. if you buy it, the resale will be horrible.
    i was able to get a very attractive lease deal so i won't be subject to whatever the resale value is on the phaeton 3 years from now. that's when i plan to move into a cayenne, subject to other desireable choices becoming available between now and then...i still look longingly at every cay i see but the phaeton is an amazing car and value.
  • chile96chile96 Member Posts: 330
    just got last week, fresh from the port. sticker was $75K for 2005 Cayenne S sil/blk with PCM, air suspension, 20" wheels, dark wood interior w/ steering wheel, park assist and a couple of other goodies here and there. over the phone i offered $70K and they accepted. maybe could've done better, i don't know but I'm happy regardless. my local dealer who I've purchased several Porsches from in the past said he would do $7K off any 2005 cayenne s but he didn't have any with the options I wanted.

there are good deals to be had - just ask! ps, these deals were in TX
    Hi,

I have been planning to buy a Cayenne V6 for a while. Here is the deals I researched in Silicon Valley.

Costco Auto Program: (offerred by Fremont Porsche)

Invoice + $3500 for Cayenne V6

Invoice + $4500 for Cayenne S

not available for Cayenne Turbo

AAA Auto Program: (offerred by Redwood City Porsche)

5% off MSRP for ordering one

7% off MSRP for buying for inventory

I also got a deal by Mill Valley Porsche:

2005 Cayenne V6 MSRP $55895.

The deal is $50166. About 10.25% off MSRP.

I can't seem to find invoice price for 2005 Cayenne. The sales manager at Fremont told me the invoice is about 88.5% of MSRP. But using 2004 MSRP and invoice info on the web, the invoice is about 85% fo MSRP. Can anyone confirm?
  • fuzzyedfuzzyed Member Posts: 4
    Just picked up a 2005 Cayenne S at a pretty good price (I think), $5K off MSRP. I saw that jimvee got $7K off MSRP in Florida, but that was for 2004 model during late 2004. This is a 2005 model, purchased in 2004, and in the Bay Area.

Anyway, I talked to a few other dealerships and this is the best price I got. The place is Carlsen Porsche in Redwood City. The sales guy is super pleasant, down-to-earth, and straighforward (not salesy), and knows a lot about the car. I can't name names here, but just use the Edmunds free dealer quote, check Carlsen Porsche and you will be fine (heck, check on other dealers too for good measure). Supposedly this is one of the two largest dealers in Silicon Valley, and hence they got better pricing (The other big dealer in SV is Stevens Creek - but they are way stuck up and won't deal the price much.)

Kaipingma, as for figuring invoice prices, it is about 84% of MSRP (depends on the specific options). I verified it when I purchased this sweet Cayenne S.

Not sure about the V6 pricing, but I noticed there are many more V6's on the parking lot than V8's, so the pricing should be a bit better. But I say go for the V8. :) Good luck!
    Picked up my Cay this evening. Lots of people buying/picking up cars today. My appointment was scheduled on 11:30pm, postponed to 2:30pm because car was not ready. Long waiting here and there. Finally drove off the parking lot at 6:00pm. Both headlights have condensation. Dealer says it's normal. But I saw same issues posted on the other board. Guess I will need to take the car back and bug them.

MSRP is $54195. Invoice is $47221. Paid $1500 over invoice + tax and fees. This is in the Bay Area. I got 3 dealers to offer me this price and I chose the closet one (Fremont, CA)

BTW, one of the fees I paid is called "Optional DMV Electronic Filing Fee", which is $28. No dealers ever mentioned this fee to me during negotiation. (I always asked out-the-door price to avoid any hidden fee.) Did anyone also pay this fee? Is this bogus?
  • blckislandguyblckislandguy Member Posts: 1,150
    Just bought a Cayenne at Porsche of Nashua, NH. Great experience: large inventory, brand new facility, nice people, no hidden tricks, and no suggestion let alone pressure to buy mop 'n glo products, extended care insurance, etc. I recommend them highly. The buying experience was a lot like going to a expensive men's shop like Paul Stuart or the old Brooks Bros. to buy a custom suit: pleasant, professional people who knew their business, great coffee, nice atmosphere, etc. I even got to see them prep Ralph Lauren's new Carrera for delivery.

Porsche of Nashua offers two features I hadn't found elsewhere. Your sales person will be your point of contact on service/warranty work and they offer complimentary, comparable loaners (you pay for the gas though). These are two nice touches. Maybe our local Volvo dealer would have gotten an XC90 sale if his sales people (we currently have a XC70) ran interference with the service writers. (Sorry guys, that last botched warranty job didn't thrill us.)

We pulled up by appointment at 9:00 AM on Friday to get the end of year, Section 179 deal, chose a car and were out in an hour. We pick the car up this Tuesday.

While I know that 50% of Porsche sales are Cayennes, I am still surprised that Porsche isn't selling as many of these V6s as they can build. Afterall, the pricing is comparable if not lower than the 3.0 X5, the product is newer and better, and the buying/ownership experience more pleasant. Where would you want to have a warranty issue: at a very busy, high volume BMW store or a Porsche store trying to grow the line? Which car will have better resale in three years, a freshly styled V6 Cayenne or an outdated, old-style X5? One thing holding the Cayenne back is the tendency of some dealers to put 10K of options onto the V6s. This results in a 55K MSRP. They might as well post directions to the local BMW store at that point.

Three questions. What do we do about the front end film protection. Go for RoadBlock (425 221 5352; RoadBlock.com) for $350 for the full front end and bumpers kits and have it installed by a local body shop? Or do we go for X-Pel (X-Pel.com) for quite a bit more money and have it installed by an X Pel trained installer? Maybe if we have the X Pel guy install it he, who presumably buys the kit at a discount, will discount the product to get the labor? We plan on keeping the vehicle for 10 years or so. In our experience, in New England that means having the front hood repainted a couple or three times.

My second question refers to oil changes. I know that various dealers say that on the V6, you can wait until 15K or so to do the oil. This to me is crazy. Sure, the Mobil 1 is good oil but it gets dirty like any other oil. And, like all new engines, there must be some machining chips still in the engine. Shouldn't I do a change at 3K or so to get the assembly crap out it? Is an oil change difficult on a Cayenne, i.e., are there protective guards that must be removed?

Finally, whats with using synthetic on an unbroken-in engine? The prevailing wisdom in the engine business (see Tech Bulletins by the Automotive Engine Rebuilders Association) is not to break in an engine in with synthetics because they won't allow for enough friction for the rotating/moving parts to get acquainted.
    congrats on your cayenne...

1- front end film , is the way to go, IMO. It protects the paint without destroying the looks/ style of the vehicle. I had mine done for $500 including labor...with double layer on the headlights. He also did the door ends that swings out and may get chipped on mailboxes and trees, and the two side view mirrors. Forgot which brand he used....

2- there are a few protective shrouds that are easily removed to get to the drain plug. Yes, the first recommended oil change is at 15,000 miles....though I changed mine at 9000 due to the same concerns that you raised. At 3000 the oil still looked new. Maybe the oil filter does most of the cleaning of the oil. I changed the oil again at 15000 miles. It only has 16000 now.

I read in the cayenne book (yes, they have a hard bound book) that the engine is hand assembled using the closest tolerances . After the engine is assembled, it is bench tested for horsepower....something other car makers do NOT do.

3- so maybe the engine components are well acquainted with each other , so that a more lubricating oil is good enough.. ..... In fact, that syn oil may extend the life of your hand assembled engine.

I think AMG of Mercedes also hand assembles their engines ......
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,725
    blckislandguy..

I think your concerns about oil changes, break-in oil, synthetic in new engines, etc... are a little out of date..

The new engines come ready to go, right out of the box (so to speak)..

However, I grew up (probably as you did) with 3K oil changes being the bible of car maintenance.. My current car also calls for 15K changes of synthetic motor oil... Since I can't completely disregard my upbringing, I compromise by changing every 7500 miles..

No good reason.. just makes me feel better, and since we put about 15K per year on the car, it only runs me about $90/yr. extra to do it..

regards,

kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• ctomctom Member Posts: 11
    Blckislandguy is right - the V-6s I looked at have on average another $10k worth of stuff loaded on to them (as opposed to the $3-4k worth I wanted), the dealers are just greedy. Had the same buying experience when I looked at Boxsters and consequently bought something else.