Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Porsche Cayenne Prices Paid

Comments

• x5tocsx5tocs Member Posts: 2
    psu1983, hey lookig to buy a leftover 05 CS w/ xenons and Nav. Lists just over 62K, there saying lowest they can go is tad over 58K. what dealerships would you reccommend me checking. ready to buy now. Thanks, X5toCS
  • psu1983psu1983 Member Posts: 24
    x5tocs...

Not sure where you live, but I found good deals in PA. Bought mine at Vision Porsche in Reading, PA and got approx. $12k off MSRP. They had another '05 when I bought mine just 2 weeks ago (similar price & options as mine), but I believe it has since sold. I almost bought a leftover '05 at Sun Motor in Harrisburg area, but it didn't have xenons (which I really wanted, and found out I couldn't retrofit). It was a comparable deal. I also had talked to Brandywine Porsche in Newtown Square (Phila.)...they didn't have any leftover '05's, but were offering great deals on '06's (approx. $8-$9k off MSRP). Could have gotten into '06 w/ Nav., xenons & other options which stickered for $65.5k for $57.5k. Brandywine has a great reputation.

You can do better than $4k off a leftover '05...I'd keep looking. Great car...I'm thrilled with it 2 weeks in. Good luck.
  • snoozdocsnoozdoc Member Posts: 7
    picking up an '05 cay turbo tomorrow.

xm radio
    black package
    offroad design
    moonroof
    rearview cam
    18" wheels
    light comfort pack
    cd changer
    wheel logos
    sports tailpipe
    soft leather
    sunscreens

20% off MSRP = ~81K

sound good ?
  • mbaileymbailey Member Posts: 10
    It sounds good if there are not too many miles. What is the odometer mileage?
  • racer_65racer_65 Member Posts: 43
    A friend of mine purchased a brand new '04 Cay Turbo last year for $75K. However, I'm not sure about equipment level.
  • snoozdocsnoozdoc Member Posts: 7
    Actually, it was new from the dealer....well, I guess actually it was demo-ed. It had about 260 miles on it. I have to say, that after reading a lot of comments on this forum, i was scared to death that it would have all these crazy probs, but actually, I LOVVVVVE it....can't stop looking at it. No probs at all....well, actually I DID have problems, until I read the manual and realized how to fix them easily with the settings menu. They even threwq in a collapsible spare....AFTER the deal was completely done. VERY SATISFIED!!!!
  • x5tocsx5tocs Member Posts: 2
    Thanks PSU. I am still dealing with my local dealer which I have over the years purchased a new: '01 X5 4.4i, and an '05 MB C230 Kompressor for my wife. I am getting closer but they're playing hard ball right now. I'll keep you posted. Thanks again..and congrats on a great year! Jo-Pa rallied the troops and got it done. :D
  • psu1983psu1983 Member Posts: 24
    x5tocs...Good luck in your continued negotiations. Just finished my 3rd week as a new CS owner, and couldn't be happier with the vehicle. Yes, JoePa and the Lions had a turnaround season, to say the least. I'm a season tix holder, and made it down to the Orange Bowl, as well. Great to see my Lions back where they belong!
  • abovekobeabovekobe Member Posts: 3
    Can any Cayenne owner tell me that whether the second-row seats can be fold down to create more cargo space or not?
    Thank you for sharing!!
  • geohoundgeohound Member Posts: 5
    I have an '05 Cay and the seats do fold down, in two separate pieces.
  • paullinepaulline Member Posts: 4
    Has anyone received any recent quotes from dealerships in Southern California on an '05 or '06 Cayenne (V6 or S) that they could share? Thanks!
    I'd be interested in the following survey:

If you bought a 2006 Cayenne S, what was the MSRP on the window sticker, and how much did you end up paying for the car (before taxes)?

I think this may be more helpful than hearing about a percentage discount. Thanks.
  • lleecpalleecpa Member Posts: 35
    I am in San Diego and here are two new Cay S in one of the dealers. I want to buy it with extended warranty. How much should I negotiate? Thank you.

$58,775
    PO3 - Light Comfort Package
    1D6 - Trailer Hitch w/o Hitch Ball
    342H - Front Seat Heater
    3FE - Moonroof
    C02 - U.S. Standard/Emissions
    0TD - Front and Rear Floor Mats
    H9M - All-Season Tires on 18" Rims
    CJ6 - 18" Cayenne Turbo Wheel
    PC3 - Bi-Xenon Headlights w/ Washers

$59,885
    3FE - Moonroof
    7K3 - Tire Pressure Monitoring Sys
    C02 - U.S. Standard/Emissions
    H9M - All-Season Tires on 18" Rims
    0TD - Front and Rear Floor Mats
  • paullinepaulline Member Posts: 4
    Those prices already seem to be discounted off the MSRP...do you know the reason? It appears that based upon postings from others...$10K below MSRP appears reasonable. Let me know how is works out.
    The two S (Silver on black) that they have for $58,775 have 500 miles on them. It was used as an executive demo car during Women Tennis tournament. It is abour $7K off MSRP. The one at $59,885 (dark sea blue on black) was pretty much a base model with couple options. They have added the Mobile Guardian tracking system ($795) on top of the price shown. GM at the dealership offered $4K off for the $59,885. I want to add extended warranty..any suggestion? I plan to buy it in April and hope to get more discount???
    Hi - I am in the market to buy a basic S model. I don't care about all the options. How much did you get the car for? There is one in my local dealer (San Diego) at $60K and GM offered me $4K off....want to see what's the best they can do. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
  • daruomdaruom Member Posts: 2
    Hi,
    I wish to buy a Cayenne 2005 (tiptronic). Any advice on good dealer willing to negociate? I heard san diego is tough...
    What price should I be looking for?
    I am new to san diego, even US...
    Thank you!
    We will be buying our 2006 Cayenne S in San Diego on Thursday afternoon. I don't think both Porsche dealers in San Diego do not have 2005 models left. We will let you know what sort of deals we get. One dealer has couple S with 500 miles with pretty good price on them. Welcome to San Diego.
    Hi - I have followed this forum for a year. I have bought my Cayenne S today. It was an excellent and smooth experience. Quick and easy. I love the power this car has and it is so pretty. Thank you all!!!
  • daruomdaruom Member Posts: 2
    Thank you! please let me know how your deal went.
    I am seeing many offers through LuxuryCras.com but from Ilinois!
    It was a great buying experience. Smooth with excellent services. I bought it from Pioneer Porsche in San Diego California. It's a fast car. Loving it.
  • rich545rich545 Member Posts: 386
    Not sure where in IL you're from, but I just traded in my '04 545 for an '04 Cayenne S at Napleton Porsche of Westmont on Ogden Ave.. They were great. The S has 25,000 and is certified so it's under warranty for 6/100,000. I didn't get as much for my 545 as I had hoped, but overall the deal was good, and the S is like new. They are a no pressure dealership, and they have a good used selection. There's a Bentley dealership down the road from them that has lots of low-mileage used Cayenne's at lower prices, but I don't trust them. I drove a 2004 S there and I know something was wrong with the car.
  • alexanderv2alexanderv2 Member Posts: 13
    Greetings to all in the forum,

I am looking for any information on what kind of discount I might expect on a 2006 Cayenne S for this month. I am in the Los Angeles area, but information regarding any deal, anywhere would be of help.

...AlexanderV2
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    A national newspaper is looking to interview Porsche Cayenne owners who would like to talk about their satisfaction with the brand. Please send an e-mail to ctalati@edmunds.com no later than Friday June 23, 2006 by 2:00 PM PST/5:00 EST containing your daytime contact information with the make and model Porsche you own.

Thanks,
    Chintan Talati
    Corporate Communications
    Edmunds.com
  • teamyonexteamyonex Member Posts: 42
    '06 CayS. dark sea blue, 500 miles. Sticker=69,245. It has been sitting on the lot for a few months. What to offer??? Seattle, WA area. Help!
  • bornoborno Member Posts: 77
    at least 10K off for leftover 05's, 06 w/500 miles should still be 10K off for a good deal!
  • teamyonexteamyonex Member Posts: 42
    Didn't even come close to 10k off... that is what I offered. They took 3k off MSRP, added 1k to the trade-in, and game me an extra set of new wheels (AT Italia, 18", with new tires) which I guess I'd value at close to 3k, but probably more like 2k. It was like pulling teeth, or a cheap game of strip poker at the negotiating table. The next number we were going to discuss was my cell phone number. What's a guy to do? Have the car now, so water under the bridge.
    u didn't do to bad, but should have waited until last day of the month, and been willing to walk out. these cars really aren't moving to quickly. anyway congradulations...great car.
    You won't get 10K off unless it's a Demo. How much discount you get depends on the MSRP, which varies widely depending on the options on the car. Generally, you should be able to obtain 11% off, or get to around $1000-$1500 above invoice. You can check the dealer's inventory on line to find the car you want, and do your homework on Edmunds to find out how much the invoice is for the specific car.
  • chance6chance6 Member Posts: 13
    Well, I haven't been on here in a long time, I took the plunge last July ! Had the '04 Cay S for a little over a year. The thing has been mostly trouble-free. Only been into the shop 3 times, 2 for recalls and once for oil service. It's more reliable than any car I've ever had (Mopar, Chevy, VW, BMW).

My only complaint is the radio...great sound but a little fussy as far as programming stations. Everything else is great. Could use another 50 hp but hey, I'm not complaining about 340 hp.
  • chance6chance6 Member Posts: 13
    Pricing seems all over the map based on www.porscheusa.com search engine, cars.com and autotrader.com, ranging from $49K (even at some dealers) to $56K. One dealer in Ohio told me that they just sole a demo model with around 5,600 miles for $47K (it was an S, but light on the options). >>

Hey Rome,

That demo you speak of was mine. Actually the price I paid was $45k, but I got it certified pre-owned so the total was around $47k. And I don't regret it!
    seems like good prices to be found on 04s, saw 04 turbo for $62K, but not certified, not porsche dealer. tempted, but want feedback, heard 04s had problems that were resolved in 05, not in a rush, so I'll wait til I find a certified 05 CS for a good price, maybe this winter. I'd like to pay around $45K well equiped.
    dealer lowered price to 59K, very tempted, but still concerned about 04, also not certified, although still under original warrantee. what does anyone think 04 v 05?
  • amatogamatog Member Posts: 2
    Do yourself a favor and fuggedabout it.
  • blckislandguyblckislandguy Member Posts: 1,150
    Is the Cayenne thing now hitting middle age? Apparently, discounting is now common, no longer are Cayennes fully 48% of all Porsche sales, there are newer alternatives that are very interesting (e.g., the Audi Q7), and there are now AWD versions of cars that many a Cayenne driver would buy (eg., a 5 Series BMW) in place of a SUV.

Having said that, I love my '05 Cayenne, it is the best out there. Moreover, I like the whole Porsche experience (great dealership, Porsche of Nashua), and would now be interested in a 997 with AWD. I wonder how many other people have been are now moving up from a Cayenne?
    maybe you're right, but the Q& is to new with many problems. What do you think about the toureg? 06 has rear camera, ipod connect, hopefully larger roof?
  • blckislandguyblckislandguy Member Posts: 1,150
    Not sure what the question is. But I would strongly encourage you to avoid the Q7 for several reasons. The pricing at list or above is all wrong (paying above list is a fools game: look at all those lambs that lined up to pay more than list for such lemons as the first M Series MB SUV, the electrically challenged LR3, etc. who then got slaughtered on resale), the V6 isn't yet available, and the car is too problematic.

IMHO you can't beat a Cayenne V6: same platform as Q7, by now well sorted out, good dealership back up, the money is right, lighter and less ponderous, etc.
  • kelfkelf Member Posts: 83
    Has anyone been able to get meaningfull discount from US MSRP by doing their Euro Delivery in Germany? How much? Where?
  • stevev968stevev968 Member Posts: 21
    Hey guys,
    I'm trying not to make this a 'for sale' posting. I am moving overseas end of the year, hence I need to sell my 05 Cayenne S. I have advertised on the L.A. local sales web and Autotrader, and so far not much response. I'm not asking a crazy price and the car is in great shape. What are my options for selling? .. I'm loathe to start shopping dealers etc. ? Are there brokers that would be better at this? Any help appreciated.
    Regards,
    Steve
  • socal_stevesocal_steve Member Posts: 11
    Can you point me to your autotrader ad? What are you asking? There seems to be a lot of these in SoCal at the moment. I've been looking at a used 06' for $52 asking price.
    Steve
    Hi SoCal Steve,
    I am not allowed to post links or email addresses as per forum rules.
    My email is available if you click on my posting id.
    Regards,
    Steve
  • socal_stevesocal_steve Member Posts: 11
    Anyone negotiate a good deal recently on an S. I like the new titanium (really a 06') as a lease but the dealers were not budging on price much from my initial inquiry. What would it cost approximately to put the skirts on a car. I see that a 08' model is being released 2nd quarter of next year, will that cause dealers/Porsche to want to move inventory?

I live in Orange County, California and read recently that Southern California represents 60% of all Porsche sales overall so I am sure the market is competitive.

I could always buy a clean 05’ used at a pretty good discount. Any thoughts would be great; I hate to get caught in the emotional trap at the dealership:confuse: . The only dealership I've been to is Newport Auto Center.
    I've learned a lot about pricing from the forum so thank for all postings.
  • craig30craig30 Member Posts: 1
    I have taken a test drive of the V6 Cayenne at the dealer, and impressed with the look and the feel of it. I asked the dealer about the reliability of it, and they showed me that Edmumnds rated Porsche #1 overall in the latest ratings. My assumption is that this is for the other part of the Porsche line, and not the Cayenne. My concern is the reliability and cost to maintain over the life of the vehicle. I drive about 35,000 miles a year, and I'm concerned about the expense of repairs. I have heard that the older models have had some problems. Is there anyone that can give me an objective opinion about the longevity of the 2006 or 2007 Cayenne? My hope is that it will not have repair bills becoming the focus.
    I have owned my V8 since June, and not a single problem so far. If you drive about 35K miles a year, I would recommend that you buy a disposable car with better gas mileage.
    Hi,
    I have owned my Cayenne S for almost two years with 28,000 miles.
    It has been a great car although I did have one major issue with the power steering pump letting go (oil dripping all over engine) which meant it needed to be trucked into the dealer's.

Other than that, the vehicle has been trouble-free and developed no squeaks or rattles and it has been one of the best vehicles I've ever owned. Servicing costs varied a fair bit from place to place so check different service centers if you're looking for low cost. You won't go wrong with this car.
    Regards,
    Steve
  • mcho3mcho3 Member Posts: 37
    hi carman and everyone,
    i am in the market to lease a Cayenne S.
    MSRP on the car is 77,500 and i wasn't able to find invoice for this car. i have read the posts and saw that 11% off of the MSRP would be invoice? so for this particular Cayenne S, should my first offer be around low 70k? 71,500?
    i am open to other SUVs also, could you guys help me out.
    thanks. mike
    Offer 70K; should be completely doable. I got around 12% off on mine.

I would highly recommend this SUV. The only possible contender is the next generation BMW X5, but then you may be facing 1st year model problems.
    thanks, i am also looking into 07 x5 4.8. they are only willing to take about 1300 off of the msrp. you are right about the first year model problems, i will take that into consideration. are you leasing or financing? where did you get yours and when did you get yours?
    I paid cash for mine, so I must declare I'm totally ignorent about leasing! I bought the car back in June. Dealers should be even more willing to deal now.

I'm in the Bay Area. When I shopped around, I found I could get about the same deal at any one of the local dealers. It came down to which dealer had the color combination and the options I wanted.

If you're willing to accept a "demo" car with a few hundred miles on it, you can get 10K-11K off the sticker. That's because Porsche discounts the demo vehicle to the dealer in the first place.
    did you get a demo titanium edition?
    what that the offer you got right away from all dealers?
    i guess if that was the case they should be willing to move these cars out. thanks