Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Porsche Cayenne Prices Paid

Comments

• tmhw1tmhw1 Member Posts: 7
    I'm in the SF bay area and I'm the original who posted having 10% off MSRP. Try Steven Creek Porsche internet department. They make better deal than walk in.
  • witlesszwitlessz Member Posts: 1
    This car below seems like a good deal. How much can I get it for in your opinion?

http://fremont.porschedealer.com/new_cars/info.php?inventoryid=348857

9AD - Automatic Climate Control
    3FE - Moonroof
    1NP - Wheel Hub Covers Colored Crest
    1D6 - Trailer Hitch w/o Hitch Ball
    G0R - Tiptronic S
    PG1 - Driver Seat Memory
    PPA - Preferred Package
    0TD - Front & Rear Flr Mats Int Clr
    PK1 - Front Seat Heater inc Str Whl

Thanks!
  • cartosuvcartosuv Member Posts: 1
    Hi,
    could somebody please advise whether this is a good deal,
    people in the forums are getting pretty good deals so just wanted to run this through
    $69k msrp discounted to $64k for a cayenne S
    10K down payment from my end

lease/month:$830/month for 36 months 10,000 miles per year.
    thanks in advance
  • trumaine03trumaine03 Member Posts: 8
    I'm looking to buy a Porsche Cayenne S in the Chicago area. Does anyone know the discounts normally given in this area and any good dealerships??
  • debstephdebsteph Member Posts: 2
    I am looking to buy a higher end Cayenne - possibly waiting on the GTS - but also heavily considering the Cayenne S.

Does anyone have a recommendation on best discounts being offered in NC SC or VA area?

Will gladly take a name to contact.

Also - what is your experience with service when you buy from a dealer out of state?

Thanks!!
  • dilijuedilijue Member Posts: 4
    I just ordered a Cayenne Base Tiptronic today with Bose, Nav, Variable Assist, Park Assist, Driver Seat memory, Heated Seats and Steering Wheel, Automatic Climate control, Floor mats, Moon roof. I was given $2000 off MSRP. According to TMV Pricing, it was about what others are getting for discounts in the Los Angeles area.
    I was willing to pay a premium for using a local dealer close to home (Torrance) but I hope I didn't pay too much more. Hopefully, there will be more posts that can verify the TMV pricing system.
    I am wondering if the falling Dollar value against the Euro in the past six plus months has had any impact on the discounts off msrp. In May 2007 the dollar was $1.36 against the euro; now it is $1.48.
  • debstephdebsteph Member Posts: 2
    Thanks. I am talking to several different dealers in the surrounding area and out of state. Seems to be helping!

My local dealer has agreed to pick my car up for service and bring me a loaner.
  • donchardonchar Member Posts: 56
    My brother just bought a Cayenne S, nicely equipped for about $7000 below MSRP which I think is close to invoice. I think the LA/ Socal area dealers are starting to see inventory stagnate and are making decent deals. Anyone know what the best money rate is for a Turbo and what the residual is? Do dealers have discretion in moving the residual % or is that fixed?
  • usaokokokusaokokok Member Posts: 3
    where dealer shop did you use in LA?

thank you ;)
  • hollydoghollydog Member Posts: 17
    Just leased a tiptronic with msrp of $57650. Selling price of $52,900. Long term lease (63 months) , 15,000 miles per year , $3600 down includes first month payment and all fees, total monthly of $657 includes tax. Top tier credit rating. Mid-west location. Does this seem like a good deal?
    Thanks
  • donchardonchar Member Posts: 56
    I think it was somewhere in Norwalk or Long Beach.
    On my Jan.12 posting of my Base Cayenne: I forgot to add 18inch Cayenne Turbo II Wheels which was in my order. I didn't want the standard 17in wheels that came with the Cayenne Base. I'm surprised to hear that the Cayenne S is selling for $7,000 off MSRP in Long Beach/Norwalk. The local dealer in Torrance says they aren't getting as many allocations as they would like.
  • bgsntthbgsntth Member Posts: 92
    I gave up on trying to find a base Cayenne, and am now considering ordering an '09. My local dealer, whom I have a relationship, does not even have any Cayenne's on the lot; with the exception of one over-optioned love child. He confirmed the oversees buyers pre-buying every Cayenne they get, especially the black ones, and that they have only been allocated 2 until May-both of which are pre-sold to offshore buyers..

It is just weird paying near MSRP close to the end of the model year, when 10-12% discounts could be had a few months post launch. Concur with the results of a weak Dollar. Little incentive for Porsche, opportunity for ROW.
  • sage5402sage5402 Member Posts: 1
    X5 4.4 lease is up. Went to the dealer yesterday and placed a deposit on a "just traded in" 2008 Cayenne S. 3000, miles with sticker still in the car for 86K and change. They will sell to me for 67000. Loaded car with $4200 wheels, nav, soft leather, etc.

7.49% for 72 months. My credit is excellent. Is the price and rate a deal? Seems to be.
  • bmlexusbmlexus Member Posts: 755
    I think the cayenne is 1 of the best and very fast SUV but since owning a x5 u did not consider the new X5? or the just arrived new x6?

It seems the deal is nice but since its driven try to get the price lower if not best of luck and do sure your experience.
  • mdellingermdellinger Member Posts: 13
    I am looking for a new Cayenne S. The dealer in my area (Walnut Creek, CA) seems to be saying that they sell on at MSRP, but wondered about anyone's recent experiences and where. You would think with the economy and mid-year that one could get some $$ off MSRP.

Thank you for any input.
  • rowlandjrowlandj Member Posts: 254
    For what it's worth. On my 06 Cayenne they gave 7% off without much hassle. I have heard that some folks get better than that. A 'gas guzzler' should go for a discount these days given gas prices and public sentiment re: the economy.

I would find another dealer.
    Thanks for the reply. Maybe I will tell the dealer here that unless he is planning to discount the Cayenne off MSRP, I might as well move to another dealer. Maybe I will work him over on my trade-in and get the discount that way.
  • rowlandjrowlandj Member Posts: 254
    Do both....

May as well get the best deal you can. Time is your friend on this kind of thing, the longer you sweat them the sweeter the deal. If you are under no pressure to do the deal you are in the best position.

Good Luck.
  • ratingsratings Member Posts: 9
    I just negotiated a great deal in the South Bay at Pacific Porsche. But prior to that, I had been speaking with a dealer in San Jose about a white Cayenne S I wanted... They were negotiating too. So if Walnut is saying they're not negotiating make a few calls and travel a few hours! It will be worth your time..... Look what I got!

Here's what I posted in the Cayenne Leasing section...A BIG Thank You to Edmunds and all of you! I'm female and blonde and wasn't about to go to the dealer unarmed so I found this site and thanks to all of you who shared, I think I got a rocking deal on a New Cayenne S, two days ago. I took the information that I read here, found the car by searching the entire State of California, found the few that I wanted and basically told them what I would pay on a New Cayenne S, 3 year lease, 12k miles per year. A few dealers later, a few hours invested and I got exactly what I wanted!!!!!
    I will share what I negotiated.
    MSRP $69,395.00
    $63,312.00 Final Price (9% off MSRP)!!!!.
    Monthly Payment, Including TAX and LoJack, $899.00
    I did trade in my O4 Porsche Cayenne which represented a $4,785.reduction so you need to take that in to account. Zero cash out of pocket.
    Residual Value appears to be 61%.
    I was told that the Lease Factor that I got was .025 although I can't verify that on my paperwork.
    I hope this helps others!
    Thanks again! Oh and by the way, I'm in Southern California.
    Ratings!
  • 5terre5terre Member Posts: 6
    If you're referring to Michael Stead Porsche in WC, I just bought a Cayenne GTS there a week ago. I can tell you that they sold it to me at BELOW TMV price with 6% financing. It may have something to do with a Memorial's Day weekend sale or that the particular SUV I purchased goes for that price but you may want to try them again. Norbert Jensen was my salesperson. He did mention that he was surprised that it went that low. But then again, I would have been willing to walk away...for a minutes maybe!! These damned Porches are so alluring.
    Thank you. I appreciate all of the feedback. I agree--these forums are great. The sales guy did open up yesterday and say that 7% off MSRP is not unheard of, plus they have a 2004 Cayenne Turbo on the lot that the GM was driving--low miles, so I might try to steal that car and get the turbo. I haven't had a used car in FOREVER, but if I can steal the used turbo, then I might have the ultimate machine.
    Good luck with the Turbo...I almost bought it! I believe it only had 28k miles on it and I'm sure it was well maintained at the dealership. The only drawback is that I've heard from other forums NOT to by any Cayenne except 2005 and newer. This one particular Cayenne may just be an exception.

Also, if you're looking for an iPod or Bluetooth connection, talk to Eric Schaeffer in Service as he recommends the mObridge (which will set you back about $1200 installed). Porsche does NOT make OEM iPod or Bluetooth hardwired to the PCM 2.1...I've done the research (compared Nav-Tv, Dension 500, Tooki, mObridge, etc). Michael Stead, so far, has the cheapest price for the product and installation but mObridge has a backlog on their end as far as production goes. It may take awhile to get your hands on one...
    If you're referring to Michael Stead Porsche in WC, I just bought a Cayenne GTS there a week ago. I can tell you that they sold it to me at BELOW TMV price with 6% financing. It may have something to do with a Memorial's Day weekend sale or that the particular SUV I purchased goes for that price but you may want to try them again. Norbert Jensen was my salesperson. He did mention that he was surprised that it went that low. But then again, I would have been willing to walk away...for a minutes maybe!! These damned Porches are so alluring.

Just like to know why you choose the GTS then the new turbo.Is the GTS really better like I have been hearing. Would you post some driving experience comfort handling etc.
    Appreciate the info. I am getting the impression from other blogs that the new Cayenne's are improved enough to justify a new one. I will probably target a new Cayenne S--it has enough power and drives great.
    Honestly, I was looking at a Cayenne S and the GTS caught my eye. It essentially has the grille and the distinguished Turbo accoutrements... but not the 500 hp engine. The hp of the GTS is only 20 more than that of the S, so that wasn't the draw for me. See for yourself at a dealership (21 inch rims, the red brake calipers, the front grille difference, the rear bucket seats with the Alcantara leather, horizontal sidelights and indicator lights, etc). The drive wasn't much different from the S, but mine came with the optional air suspension so I could lower the SUV by an inch so that it would have a lower center of gravity.

Unfortunately, at this time of year you cannot custom order your Porsche. You can only get what's out there, unless you want to wait until the next production year --2009. Otherwise, I probably would have included the PDCC so you can take turns better. In the 300 miles I've put in the car so far, I haven't really noticed any leaning when I take turns fast. Maybe for the average Joe like me, the base suspension should suffice.

As far as comfort goes, the Cayenne GTS is not like my Landcruiser. It's not made for comfort. It's built for speed and the GTS Sport seats are rigid (to keep you in). The Sport Seat Package is standard on the GTS and the Turbo. I read in another forum where a guy had some of the stiff foam from the side bolsters removed because it was pinching his ribs!! You may want to consider getting the soft leather seat option on a Cayenne S if you want comfort, or buy a new Landcruiser. That SUV is hard to beat. The powerful 383 hp ride is so comfortable it'll put you to sleep! I'll have to take the GTS on a longer ride before I can truly comment on comfort. I can tell you though that my wife is complaining that the seats are not as soft as the one found in our Landcruiser. If your significant other is like my wife and you don't want to hear constant complaining from your passenger, you may really want to consider getting the Cayenne S with the soft leather seats. In fact I insist!

In sum, I wanted an SUV that flies, not one that cradles me. I took it on a side road (without my wife, of course) and went as fast as 100mph and it felt like I was shot like an arrow on a windless day. The steering wheel didn't even jitter in the least bit and the engine roared (especially in the Sport mode). It'll take your breath away. In the end, this may be my only Porsche (I hope not) so I decided to splurge a little and got the GTS. I have nothing against the Turbo (who does?), but if I splurged more, I'm afraid I'd be tapping into my kid's college education fund not to mention my 401k. Good luck shopping and I hope I answered some of your questions! By the way, did you see yesterday's JD Power and Associates survey? Porsche #1 ...
    Thanks for the info. Good input. I am targeting a Cayenne S now with some (not all due to availability) of the features that I want. Sounds like the suspension issue, either optional or not, is fine.

My wife has a Lexus GX, so we get our luxury from that. I will probably try to find the sportiest Cayenne S that I can find in the color that I want.

I refuse to pay too much. High-end cars and trucks are tough to sell right now, but of course, no one wants my trade either, so I am trying to sell my other SUV to a private party. Once that sells (hopefully this weekend), I will be working the Porsche dealers on their pricing--can't wait to be driving my new Cayenne S.

Thanks again for everyone's input.
  • statman1statman1 Member Posts: 7
    I haven't visited this wonderful forum for a couple of years now, but just wanted to add my story of leasing a Cayenne which I think will help all of you who are in the process of leasing/purchasing one.

I live in AZ and went to the north Scottsdale dealership and looked for a base model Cayenne back in 2006. In no way should I have even stepped onto the lot there as I knew I couldn't afford to buy a Cayenne or even lease one, but thought was the heck.

The sales people pretty much ignored me (I was 32, but looked like 22) but once they did come over, I told them I was just looking. The salesman was very cool though and actually ran some numbers for me. At that point (first time seeing the numbers), it was $4k down and monthly payment of around $750 for a MSRP $51k Porsche Cayenne.

Long story short...I walked out as I couldn't afford these payments or the down payment. However, as I immediately fell in love with this vehicle and I noticed it had been sitting on the lot for over 5 months (it was a manual which is what I wanted), I began a process of going into this dealership about once a week for the next 2 months. It was pretty funny as I think they thought I was crazy, but I tell you what, each time I went in the price got lower and lower.

I even got to the point twice where they washed the car and had it ready for me, but I didn't sign the docs as I still was trying to get it a bit lower. I did a ton of research on this forum and also just gathered info about how leases worked so I could mush numbers with my salesperson.

So anyway, one day they called and said you got to come in as they just "discovered" a new finance leasing deal via a national bank on the car and I couldn't pass this up. It was of course the last day of the month:) So I went in and drove away with my brand new 2006 Porsche Cayenne for $2k down and only $498 per month (not including tax).

So in a little over 2 months of time, I was able to save over $11k in payments and down payment for my 39 month lease. So the moral of this story, and I know not everyone can walk into their dealership every week like I did, is that these dealerships have plenty of room to bargain and a ton of back-end deals to make almost any sale profitable, especially in today's economy. So do your homework and be patient and you will save some serious $$$.

*Kudos to the dealership in north Scottsdale for putting up with me!
    base model Cayenne back in 2006. In no way should I have even stepped onto the lot there as I knew I couldn't afford to buy a Cayenne or even lease one, but thought was the heck.

First of all did you buy this cayenne in 2006 or recently.

The sales people pretty much ignored me (I was 32, but looked like 22) but once they did come over, I told them I was just looking

LOL thats funny :P

I began a process of going into this dealership about once a week for the next 2 months. It was pretty funny as I think they thought I was crazy, but I tell you what, each time I went in the price got lower and lower.

Every week :surprise: hahaha any1 would think that you are crazy.
    Thats interesting that every time you went in the price got lower at least it was worth it.

I even got to the point twice where they washed the car and had it ready for me, but I didn't sign the docs as I still was trying to get it a bit lower

That doesn't sound nice they must have been mad at you.

So in a little over 2 months of time, I was able to save over $11k in payments and down payment for my 39 month lease. So the moral of this story, and I know not everyone can walk into their dealership every week like I did

When I am ready to purchase I might give it a try going every week ;)

Not all the dealerships are nice. I remember reading sometime ago a very rude bmw sales guy told a lady go back to volkswagen your not worth getting a bmw :sick:
    Honestly, I was looking at a Cayenne S and the GTS caught my eye. It essentially has the grille and the distinguished Turbo accoutrements... but not the 500 hp engine. The hp of the GTS is only 20 more than that of the S,

Yes it caught my eyes as well the looks IMO is better than the S..

As far as comfort goes, the Cayenne GTS is not like my Landcruiser. It's not made for comfort. It's built for speed and the GTS Sport seats are rigid (to keep you in). The Sport Seat Package is standard on the GTS and the Turbo. I read in another forum where a guy had some of the stiff foam from the side bolsters removed because it was pinching his ribs!!

That doesn't sound comfy. pinching his ribs :surprise:

You may want to consider getting the soft leather seat option on a Cayenne S if you want comfort, or buy a new Landcruiser. That SUV is hard to beat. The powerful 383 hp ride is so comfortable it'll put you to sleep!
    In sum, I wanted an SUV that flies, not one that cradles me. I took it on a side road (without my wife, of course) and went as fast as 100mph and it felt like I was shot like an arrow on a windless day. The steering wheel didn't even jitter in the least bit and the engine roared (especially in the Sport mode). It'll take your breath away.

That sounds like the car is very stable at high speeds after all its a porsche!

Well yes I do like comfort. Cruiser is nice but too big for me.

I'll have to take the GTS on a longer ride before I can truly comment on comfort

Al rite.

can tell you though that my wife is complaining that the seats are not as soft as the one found in our Landcruiser. If your significant other is like my wife and you don't want to hear constant complaining from your passenger, you may really want to consider getting the Cayenne S with the soft leather seats. In fact I insist!

Why did you not consider the soft leathers Yes I would get the soft leather but I am not purchasing anytime soon. There are so much to choose from!!!

Good luck shopping and I hope I answered some of your questions! By the way, did you see yesterday's JD Power and Associates survey? Porsche #1 ...

Yes I did thank you

BTW have you seen the new X6 its very interesting.
    To add to this chain...

I too had a bad buying experience with a BMW dealer. So, my wife and I decided on a Lexus GX instead, which was located just beside the BMW dealership. Note that this would have been my 3rd straight BMW and I still received poor service. I followed up by calling the dealer and advising them of our final purchase. They still didn't seem to care.

As for my Cayenne purchase, it is on-hold since the dealers really didn't want my trade (an American SUV), so I am trying to sell it myself.

More later...
    Why did you not consider the soft leathers...

The GTS is their Cayenne Sports model. It would be a shame to get the soft leather seats in this particular model. I'm used to the Sports seat now. I don't even notice them anymore.

BTW have you seen the new X6 its very interesting

That particular look will require some getting used to. It only seats 4! I went back to the X5 after seeing the bucket seats in the back. I was thinking of selling the Landcruiser for the X5 because it now seats 7. However, the optional third row in the back of the X5 are like the rear seats in the Carrera (babies and toddlers only) so I chose the Cayenne line and kept the Landcruiser for when the in-laws come over.
    That particular look will require some getting used to. It only seats 4! I went back to the X5 after seeing the bucket seats in the back. I was thinking of selling the Landcruiser so I chose the Cayenne line and kept the Landcruiser for when the in-laws come over.

Yea I do know its only 4 seats as I am a single I dont need the back seats.

I would suggest not to sell the cruiser anytime soon it will stay without trouble for a long long time. Built to last.

Recently I been really dissapointed with toyota lexus nothing in their line up that you can compare with suvs like x5 x6 ML cayenne.

I fail to understand why :sick:

X5 are like the rear seats in the Carrera (babies and toddlers only :P

The X5 is not big especially if you need the 3rd row seats.

Since the new X5 came out from last year it has not done any damage to the cayenne sales. In fact cayenne sales were at record level last year.

I wonder if the new X6 will steal any sales from the cayenne

CAYENNE TURBO VS X6 V6 difficult to understand how _guess who_ won.
    link title

link title
    CAYENNE TURBO VS X6 V6 difficult to understand how _guess who_ won.

It looks like my Cayenne GTS and not a Turbo. The difference is that the hood doesn't appear raised which is the only visible difference (except the logo which can't be seen clearly) between the Turbo and the GTS. The hood on a GTS is flat like the rest of the Cayennes. Hard to tell...but in the end I can seat my wife and 2.5 kids in my GTS while the X6 has to make a second trip for the 0.5 kid!
  • ex007ex007 Member Posts: 13
    No thread activity for weeks. Has the Cayenne market fallen off the planet? Looking to buy an 08 S but there aren't many left. Anyone bought an 09 and able to deal?
    I was on this thread a while back and just purchased an 08 Cayenne S. I got $8,000 off MSRP and since it had what I wanted in my style and colors, I didn't push any harder than that. I drove off the lot with a brand new Cayenne S for $63,700 (minus those darn taxes, etc.)--pretty good for a Porsche.

I hear that the 09's are coming in November.
    I was just wondering how does the cayenne S compare to the new Infiniti FX?

I've read in a magazine today that many cayenne owners have order the new FX.
    Guys I need a quick response...

Please suggest how does the FX compare to cayenne S and GTS.

Is it worth buying the GTS than the S the only difference is GTS is short and shares the front end with the turbo with slightly more power.

Since the FX has a newer look newer technology built in Japan cheaper as fast as the Cayenne S . Is is worth getting the Cayenne.

Cayenne also has the same old look with slightly upgrades, well FX also has similar looks to the previous.

My first option was the X6 but its kind of expensive currently dealers are asking a lot more than the real price.
    Hello. I may be able to add some comments...

I don't really care for the FX, but I don't like Japanese engineering (my wife drives a Lexus).

The GTS is nice and I would drive it anytime, but it cannot go off road, ever, and does not drive well in snow (according to my salesperson), and it is very expensive for not being "turbo".

I had two BMW's and looked at the X6, but I too found the dealers being unreasonable with prices and deals--not Porsche.

I found the 08 Cayenne S well-priced, with great handling and performance (and the engine sounds meaner than the turbo--funny).

In the end, there is nothing like a Porsche.

Mike in Walnut Creek
    Thank you for your reply.

Well I went to see many cars today. FX didn't really like it much,

Cayenne well it was a lot nicer than the FX.

The price is not so fare IMO it just isn't luxurious enough.

ML did check it out but didn't like it.

So my choices are now X6 RX are on top...

Did you buy the GTS got rid of your old SUV?
    I sold my old SUV (Ford Expedition actually) and purchased (not leased) the 08 Cayenne S--loved the styling and handling frankly vs. any other car. Price really wasn't an issue, but I wouldn't spend the $$$ on a GTS.
    Thats nice congratulations...

Did you test drive any other cars before choosing the Cayenne S?

Anything you dislike about your car?

Since I've already seen the FX and ML Cayenne I will go see the X6 again as well as the RX then try to compare a bit more.

Btw I also checked out the merc S class which my friend is considering buying I can't say anything bad about it except EXTREMELY safe and comfortable...
  • tahoedadtahoedad Member Posts: 2
    i was about to pull thr trigger on an '08. i got what is a significant discount off thr MSRP...over 12%...but i just noticed the base price on the '09 is actually $1400 less than the '08. can that be right/

for perspective, the base price on the S model went up $2000 from '08 to '09 which one would expect.

does anyone know why the price on the GTS model went down? did they remove features from the '08 model/?

anyway, i can get a pretty good discount on the '09 model, though not 12%, and when you compare the discount with the lower base price, they're pretty close so now i wonder if i should just get the '09. '09 has a new nav system, ipod interface and bluetooth.

TIA
  • noidea123noidea123 Member Posts: 3
    i think you are mistaken on the price decrease. maybe you are comparing an 08 tiptronic to and 09 manual? see the link below for porsche's press release on 09 prices.

also, what type of discount are you getting on the 09?

http://www.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20080- 617006364&newsLang=en
  • tahoedadtahoedad Member Posts: 2
    yes, i was mistaken . looks like actual '09 base price Tiptronic MSRP is 73,900. The '08 base price is $72,300.

So I had no problem getting dealers to slash $10K off '08 GTS. and these were cars price in the mid $80K. i bought the one I bought because the dealer through in a aftermarket bluetooth and articulating roof rack for my mountain bike at no extra cost.

I didn't shop the '09 GTS very hard but one dealer that was going to knock $8K off the MSRP. They were going to knock $7K off an '09 S.
  • noidea123noidea123 Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for the info.
  • newcarnownewcarnow Member Posts: 6
    Can anybody help with money factor and residual for
    '08 base
    '08 S
    '09 S

based on 36 months/15k

Trying to get a deal done this week, but think the dealer is padding the money factor. I would rather get in to a S, but the dealers numbers are not working for me..
    Thanks...
    I can't help with the lease since I purchased, but I would strongly recommend the "S" vs. the regular Cayenne--no comparison--spend the $$$.
  • newcarnownewcarnow Member Posts: 6
    Yes, I want to get into an S. the gab just seems very large for leasing as the dealer has substantial different residuals on the 2 cars.