Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Honda Odyssey vs. Toyota Sienna

Comments

• thegraduatethegraduate Member Posts: 9,731
    The new CR-V didn't really increase in size. In fact, it got a little shorter in length.

I imagine the next Pilot will increase in size relative to how the Odyssey increased for 2005 (which is marginally).
  • bobw3bobw3 Member Posts: 2,989
    You're right...I mixed it up with the expanded RAV4
    :)

Honda downsized their new (for 2006) Civic too, interestingly enough... Hope they don't downsize the Accord, for my sake!
  • bobw3bobw3 Member Posts: 2,989
    Have they really downsized, or just redesigned with larger interiors and smaller exteriors?
    The interior is subcompact, while cars like Elantra are now midsized (per EPA).

2005 Civic

Length, Width, Height 175.4/67.5/56.7 in.

Track, f/r: 57.8/57.8 in.

Turning circle: 34.1 ft.

Head/hip/leg room, f: 39.8/51.2/42.2 in.

Head/hip/leg room, r: 37.2/49.8/36.0 in.

Cargo volume: 12.9 cu. ft
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2006 Civic
    Length/width/height: 176.7/69.0/56.5 in.

Track, f/r: 59.0/60.2 in.

Turning circle: 35.4 ft.

Head/hip/leg room, f: 39.4/51.9/42.2 in.

Head/hip/leg room, r: 37.4/51.0/34.6 in.

Cargo volume: 12.0 cu. ft

The interiors have shrunk, while the exterior grew.
  • cableguy06cableguy06 Member Posts: 299
    Did you really say look at a GM product :confuse:
  • ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    Can anyone list the changes for the 07 models for both these vans?

I know the Sienna gets the new 3.5l, but the 07s are not in dealers yet.

Also, what did Honda add for the 07s? Those seem to be in stock now.

-juice
  • tanker5tanker5 Member Posts: 36
    Here are the Sienna changes. It also will have the XM satelite radio capability
    The Sienna continues into 2007 with four trim levels: CE, LE, XLE and Limited. All four models feature front wheel drive (FWD) as standard, while the LE, XLE and Limited can also be equipped with optional all-wheel drive (AWD).
    Like many other ’07 Toyota vehicles, the Sienna also gets the new corporate V6 motor, a 3.5-liter V6 that pumps out 266-horsepower and 245 lb.-ft of torque. This motor replaces the existing 3.3 liter V6 across all trim levels, and should help give the Sienna some extra power when fully loaded. Availability is late Dec-Jan
    Odyssey-The Odyssey returns for 2007 with only minor changes. It is available in three trims: LX, EX, and Touring. The Odyssey remains powered by a 244 horsepower 3.5L V6 engine mated to a five-speed automatic transmission. The EX and Touring models can be ordered with leather seats, a DVD entertainment system, and a Navigation system. New for this year, all models receive tilt and telescoping steering wheel, a center pocket coin holder, and a tire pressure monitoring system. Standard features on all models include remote keyless entry, power windows and door locks, four disc ABS braking system, traction control, and cruise control. New exterior colors on the Odyssey include Nimbus Gray Metallic and Dark Cherry Pearl.
    Happy Sailing! Buy a 2006 at cheaper price as the torque change at the wheel of a Sienna is not noticable for 95% of your driving. Tanker
    Thanks.

So +51 hp (wow!) and +23 lb-ft.

Are the EPA numbers up yet? I ask because the cars that got this engine improved on mileage as well.

So Honda isn't spreading VCM to more models? Meh, shouldn't matter, I drove a friend's while on vacation in Tucson and the ECO light almost never went on.

-juice
    Meh, shouldn't matter, I drove a friend's while on vacation in Tucson and the ECO light almost never went on.

Wierd - must have had a big load or been accelerating a lot. Here in AL, our neighbors and friends from church have an Odyssey EX-L, and on one ride with them from Birmingham to Tuscaloosa, a hilly drive, the ECO light was on a lot with the cruise set on 80.
  • jalvarez1jalvarez1 Member Posts: 2
    hi guys...need your help...I'm trading in my pilot for a minivan...but which one? Toyota has a great price for the Sienna limited AWD...but I'm also considering Odyssey EX-L, how's the Odyssey on snow?...help! :confuse:
    Well, something to remember - whether or not you have AWD doesn't matter when you are trying to STOP in the snow. That being said...

The Odyssey has Stability Control, but it doesn't have the advantage of the rear-wheels being powered. I don't know what kind of climate you live in, so I dont know how much snow you frequent. In Buffalo, you may want the AWD; in Nashville, maybe less so.

Be aware, that the Sienna AWD carries a big fuel economy penalty.
  • jalvarez1jalvarez1 Member Posts: 2
    tnx a lot for the info...I'm in Baltimore, been living here for a year now...I've been reading some of the previous discussions but the more I read the more confusing it gets. It seems people are split in the middle...I don't want to spend a lot of money on gas but I'm just worried the Ody would not perform good on snow...more info pls...
  • dsrtrat2dsrtrat2 Member Posts: 223
    When I lived in snow country I carried a set of tire chains. I never used the last set I had, but they gave me a sense of getting somewhere if I really had to. Some roads still have signs of "Chains required" in really bad conditions.

With traction control and stability control I shouldn't think you would have much trouble with either van. Put on more aggressive mud/snow tires if you are concerned too much.

Drive with care when conditions are bad, and look out for the other guy who doesn't know how to drive in poor conditions.
    Let's see, I guess we have 6 or 7 people in the car at any given time, but only 4 of those were adults. And no luggage.

Tucson is mostly flat between the gorgeous hills that surround it, too.

I drove and wasn't even sure it had VCM until I finally saw the ECO light go on. For me it seemed to only go on as I would coast to a red light, i.e. almost never.

Follow-up question - what year and model vans have a backup camera? All models with NAV? Limiteds only? What about for the Sienna?

-juice
    Follow-up question - what year and model vans have a backup camera? All models with NAV? Limiteds only? What about for the Sienna?

For Sienna Go to Toyota.com and click on the various models to see specs and options for each model. Sienna has had back up camera since '04. The 2006 Siennas are selling below MSRP if you can find the model you want. Look at carmax or Edmunds for selling prices. Here is the inventory for SE U.S. http://www.savannahtoyota.com/New-Inventory.aspx. Great buys at the dealerships as the '07s are due shortly. The Sienna XLE Limited( I have one) is a terrific vehicle and I highly recommend it. It has a luxurious cockpit and has plenty of highway power and easy ride. The back up camera is helpful as are the sonar sensors on the corners of the van. There are many on the internet for less than $100. The nav is a must unless you want the off market ones. Competition is high and prices will drop as Garmin, Nuvi, Tom Tom and others duke it out. The nav integrates Bluetooth for hands free cell. The 07 has XM satellite radio. If you decide on Sienna get back to us and we'll help you through the buying process.
    Tanker
    Yep, I already have a Garmin c320, and will buy another if the vehicle we buy doesn't have it integrated.

I drove that Ody EX-L, and then rode in another friend's Sienne LE 8 pass, and I actually prefered that cheaper Toyota. Quieter, better ride, and more comfy seats.

Though it's tough to figure out the packaging, while Honda makes it pretty simple but seems to have less flexibility, with some things found only on high-end models.

Found a nice used '05 Sienna XLE but it wasn't certified. I'll keep looking around.

-juice
  • hansiennahansienna Member Posts: 2,312
    I am NOT impressed with the big increase in the 2007 Sienna HP because the torque increase was dismal.

Torque is MORE important in many situations than is the normally quoted Horsepower.

Looks like Toyota was out to impress the people who look only at horsepower instead of looking at BOTH torque and horsepower to know the real capability of an engine. :shades:
    It also gained more than 20 foot-pounds of torque. Not too shabby.

I agree that the HP gain is mostly for marketing purposes. Who revs up their minivan to that RPM?

I saw some preliminary numbers for mileage and it's 20/27, up 1 mpg for city and highway. Again, not too shabby.

I'll wait to at least sample an '07.

-juice
    2007 has 266 HP @ 6200 RPM vs
    2006 has 215 HP @ 5600 RPM = 23.7 % MORE HP for the 2007.

2007 has 245 lb-ft Torque @ 4700 RPM vs
    2006 has 222 lb-ft Torque @ 3600 RPM = 10.4 % MORE Torque for the 2007.

BUT...my 2006 Sienna LE tachometer redlines at 5900 RPM which is far below the maximum HP for the 2007 Sienna. When driven aggressively, my Sienna upshifts below 5500 RPM.

I would like to see the HP and Torque curves for both engines so a real comparison could be made. Does the 3.5L have as much torque as the 3.3L at the lower 3600 RPM?

The Toyota Web site comparator shows the 2007 Sienna 3.5L V6 having 19/26 EPA Rating....exactly the same as the 2006.

Will be interesting to see how the Odyssey 244 HP @ 5750 RPM and 240 lb-ft Torque @ 5000 RPM actual performance tests will compare with the 2007 Sienna with the inflated power ratings of the 3.5L engine. :confuse:
    I wonder if we are leading ourselves astray when we concentrate on HP and torque alone. From Automotive engineering principles one knows that horsepower and torque donot tell the true story. The important ingredient is transfer of power(transmission) and how you get max torque at each of the gears and that the power is delivered to the wheels at optimum points on the HP vs Torque curve. There is also a trade off sought by the buyers when you are trying to get better fuel consumption albeit at lower rpms. Automotive enthusiasts usually get the torque they want by shifting manually(even the automatics). I find the mounting of the shift lever of the Sienna on the floor to be very easy to adjust the rpm to the torgue needed using L thru D (5 speed)gears of the transmission shiftor. What would be nice to see is at what point on the HP vs transmission output torque vs RPM curve for each gear does shifting take place to get max torgue at the wheels? We talk a lot about HP and torque, but the real heroes are the powertrain systems guys that insure the gearing is proper in the transmission and differential and the tire size/performance are adequate. Is the 10% increase in torque noticeable to a van driver? We'll see when we get a chance to drive it.
    Tanker
    Automotive enthusiasts usually get the torque they want by shifting manually(even the automatics). I find the mounting of the shift lever of the Sienna on the floor to be very easy to adjust the rpm to the torgue needed using L thru D (5 speed)gears of the transmission shiftor.

How many minivan drivers/buyers, honestly, do you think are "enthusiasts" who would shift their automatic manually? I'm gonna say a VERY slim percentage. They are going to push the throttle pedal harder when they need more power, and that's it.

I'm not picking at you, just trying to draw a conclusive point that many people aren't going to be as sporty of a driver as you (or me, for that matter, and I leave my auto in D most of the time, with an occasional use of "D3"). These drivers will utilize on the automatic's computer to decide what gear to be in.
    Sienna wins over ALL other minivans in transmission controls with the D-4-3-2-L :shades: while Ody has only D-3-L for a 5 speed AT and DaimlerChrysler has D-3-L for an old fashioned 4 speed AT. :cry:
    Agree that it would be nice to see HP vs transmission output vs RPM curve etc.
    Actually, the Odyssey has D5-3-2-1. (There is a button for D3).
  • hondalovahondalova Member Posts: 189
    Hi Gang,

Yes its me, the brand-new "Ody-owna" back with a few questions:

(1) I've noticed a momentary lag when shifting from P or N into either Reverse or Drive before the tranny actually engages the selected gear (have stepped on the gas too soon and then "thudded" into gear once or twice). Delay seems a little longer than it should be. Is this normal for this tranny? Anybody else have this or know why its happening?

(2) I'm guessing from the foregoing posts, that there is NO way to access D4 on the Odyssey. That's too bad b/c D3 hits 3k RPM by 50 mph on local roads but D5 lugs at that speed.

(3) Has anyone had a dealer who has successfully addressed the 2000 rpm drone? Its not too bad when cruise is engaged or you just barely breathe on the throttle at speed, but it can be annoying at times.

(4) How does one set the temp. (I have '07 EX with 3-zone) for the rear two rows from up front (i.e. NOT giving the 2nd row driver's side control over the rear fan/temp.). Is it slaved to the driver's zone or independently adjustable?

(5) My '07 EX came with the underfloor storage bin between the 1st two rows but no lazy susan - should that have been included or is that a decontented item for '07?

As always, thanks for all your help! :)

-FS
    1.) How long is the delay in gear changes from the moment your lever goes to the "D" position? There is about a 1 sec. delay in my 06 Accord, and in my dad's 07 Civic as well.

2.) There is no way to select D4 manually in the Odyssey. Giving it some throttle will certianly make it downshift to 4th though.

3.) There are people who have successfully reduced/removed the 2,100 RPM droning; I believe it had to do with straightening something in the exhaust system, but I don't remember the details - maybe someone else can help out?

4.) The temp coming out of the rear vents will always be what the control is set on in the back I believe, even if you are controlling the fan from the front (also, the air flow is decided by this second row switch as well).

5.) I think you should check with your dealer and ask where your lazy susan is! That is where you are supposed to store your 8th person seat, if it has been decontented, where do you put the seat?
  • fx35awdfx35awd Member Posts: 218
    (5) I have an '07 EX-L and it does not have the lazy susan. They took it and put it in the touring model for the '07. However, you can purchase one like some one has posted in one of these forums and it would just fit fine by dropping it in.
  • fx35awdfx35awd Member Posts: 218
    Has any one having this experience where warm air comes out of your vents even when you have your fan set on the coolest/lowest temperature on your Hon Ody 2005+? I had this happened to my old Infiniti FX35 and Lexus IS300, which was a design flaw, I think. Thanks!
    you are right. Not many van drivers have a second car '85 Vette either where you use the shifter often. I picked up the shifting habit by driving with GM engineers in Detroit who use the transmisssion for acceleration and braking. Makes driving fun and gives you that sports car feeling. Down shifting the Vette- now that is a thrill. The 4500 lb Sienna doesnot quite give you the same thrill.
    Tanker
    The 4500 lb Sienna doesnot quite give you the same thrill.

What? "Use them 3.3 Liters of Fury!!! Those aren't 215 horses, they are 215 bucking broncos baby!!!

Haha, You can make a car fun if you try hard enough, and it sounds like you like to try! I applaud that!
    I agree that I'd like to see the two torque curves overlaying each other to see where the increases are.

However, other vehicles that got this engine upgrade have shown pretty significant improvements in performance, and usually with small gains in fuel efficiency.

Like I said, I heard 20/27, we'll see what the final numbers are. The Camry improved with the 3.5l.

-juice
    Re: Items (1) and (5) in your and my previous posts:

(1) The delay is about 2-3 seconds from the moment the selector is locked into drive and released. It's just 1-2 seconds longer than would otherwise seem normal - but it is long enough that once or twice I've stepped on the gas before the transmission and engaged and then "thunked" into gear under throttle as the tranny finally went into gear. It's definitely longer than any other car I've ever owned, even the junky slushbox in the Venture I just got rid of.

(5) The bin under the middle row is there, and the seat fits inside it with room to spare, there's just no lazy susan in the bin.

Again, thanks for the help!

-FS
  • sduff68sduff68 Member Posts: 52
    Just traded in 2004 Odyssey with leather and DVD for a 2006 Toyota Sienna XLE with package #7.

When I purchased the Odyssey my wife really wanted an 04 Sienna, but at the time it was the hottest thing going and they had none in stock with the features we wanted. I also did not want to pay MSRP.

The local Toyota dealership was offering 0% APR and I paid under MSRP. I also got a decent price for my trade in.

When I bought the Honda in 2004 I was happy with it because I liked the power and the better handling over the Sienna. However, since it was a 2004 we did not have the redesigned body and cabin, not to mention the new features that are available. (In my opinion the cabins and external appearances of the Toyota and Sienna are very similar).

I prefer the Toyota now because now that I am approaching 40 I would rather hear a bump as opposed to feel it, I actually like drivng a vehicle that feels a little bigger, and has "overboosted" steering (feels more like luxury, and it only "feels" heavier). I also like the "cheesy wood" which wasn't available in the Odyssey at this price point.

Plus, the Toyota only feels slightly less powerful probably becaue of it's lighter weight; and I am glad I saw the torque figures for the new engine in the 2007. It makes me realize I didn't give anything up by not waiting. I doubt they would have given me 0% for a 2007 Sienna (If I would have bought a 2007 in a few months with the rate my bank was given me I would have paid over $5,000.00 additional dollars for the van).

I also read reviews that said the fit and finish on the new Honda's wasn't as good as the Toyota's.

Last but not least, I own a 2005 XB, and I like the idea of being a complete Toyota family.
  • agnostoagnosto Member Posts: 207
    You made the right move, as I traded in a year ago a new 2005 Odyssey (it was a year full of issues and HONDA would not take care of me) for a new awesome loaded 2006 Sienna LTD and have 0 issues one year later with almost 11k miles. I also own a new 2007 TCH (Toyota Camry Hybrid) with 0 issues so far with a little over 2k miles... staying with TOYOTAs, as I never had any issues with them after owning different ones for over 15 years ;)
  • fred222fred222 Member Posts: 200
    I picked up the shifting habit by driving with GM engineers in Detroit who use the transmission for acceleration and braking. Makes driving fun and gives you that sports car feeling.
    We have a 2006 Odyssey EX-L. I like the way the shifter is set up. I like the location and I especially like the D3 button. If you want a little more "spirited" driving push the button. It also works great slowing you down on steep hills. In full auto I have found the Odyssey to be great to drive. It almost feels like it is turbo charged when getting onto a Freeway on-ramp. There are times when you want to get going fast in a real hurry and the Odyssey does not disappoint. The few times I have done this I have glimpsed the Tack somewhere over the 5K rpm mark as the van approaches 80 mph while still on the ramp. It is nice to be able to slow down to merge into fast moving traffic!
    BUT, the Odyssey has an outdated shifter with only D-2-1 with a button to lock it into no higher than 3.
    The Sienna has a BETTER shifter with D-4-3-2-L where the driver can select it to shift no higher than any gear. :shades:
    I just bought a 2007 Odyssey EX from Middletown Honda in NY. I agreed to purchase a 5 yr./100k mile HondaCares zero deductible warranty for the car so that we'd have some peace of mind, even though it IS a Honda.

However, when the warranty info. arrived two-weeks later, it indicated that the warranty has a $100 deductible that I was never told about and never agreed to.

Anybody else get shafted like this besides me, and, if so, how'd you fix it?

-FS
  • cccompsoncccompson Member Posts: 2,382
    Simply return the warranty paperwork along with a copy of your paperwork documenting your claim of zero deductible purchase so that Honda can issue the proper warranty.
    An "out dated" shifter??? Come on man! You pulling a 5th wheel or 20' camper with your Sienna???

Maybe it's just me but let's get real here. I have owned a ton of different automobiles with the ability to shift from D-4-3-2-L and some without. Now I have an 06 Odyssey Touring. I have NEVER ONCE used the capability of manually shifting into any of the lower gears except for my extended cab pickup when towing and, if I did need it in a car or mini van...in the extreme case of snow, not having a "4" on the Odyssey won't make a hill of a beans difference. Maybe this is why Honda gives you D-3-2-1. You only really need the lower gear ratios under extreme conditions. Remember from Star Trek the famous words of Spock as he sentenced himself to death by radiation to save the ship and all on-board..."the needs of the many out weigh the needs of the few" ;)

Sounds like some are making a mountian out of a real-world non-issue although I'm sure now someone will post how critical it is to have a manually selectable 4 :confuse:

Enjoy your Sienna Hans and have a very Happy New Year with your state of the art D-4-3-2-L shifter!

I guess I'll just have to find a way to get by with my "out dated" one :shades:
  • sduff68sduff68 Member Posts: 52
    I don't really know if this applies to the 2005+ Honda Odyssey's but I used to hear my 2004 Honda Odyssey's transmission quite often. Usually when I would brake and accelerate at a light.

I hardly even hear my 2006 Sienna shift gears...the term I have heard often is "Lexus like smooth."

On the other hand the Sienna's engine is a little louder than the Honda's. However I like the sound...it sounds a little aggressive and makes me smile.
    BUT, WHY doesn't Honda give Odyssey drivers the D-4-3-2-1 selection? :confuse: GM has had D-3-2-1 for ages with their 4 speed AT while Honda clings to outdated D-2-1 (with a button to make D = 3). Odyssey drivers can be happy the Odyssey has a modern 5 speed AT even if they can't control the gear it is in.

For ages, Buick had Dynaflow and Chevrolet Powerglide -and each with just one speed Drive with an additional L for slightly less anemic acceleration while Pontiac, Oldsmobile, and Cadillac had a much better 4 speed Hydramatic. (Why did GM ever develop the worthless Dynaflow and Powerglide?)

Aren't Honda engineers as smart as Toyota engineers? :shades:
    You know Hans...sometimes people can be real idiots and you are starting to cross that line. This isn't about whether Toyota or Honda is a better vehicle or who has smarter engineers. They are both excellent vehicles (I know as I have owned both and I know that you know that) and it appears from many of your posts that you are just out looking for a fight or an argument so you can torment poeple. Grow up and have a productive conversation with folks.

As I stated in my prior post, there is truly no need for a D-4-3-2-L unless you are towing. Are you towing with your Sienna??? Maybe you like the D-4-3-2-L because you want to pretend you are driving a sports car or maybe you like to pretend that you are driving a shift-tronic tranny :surprise: If you are you bought the wrong vehicle. Otherwise, any tranny that allows you to step into a L-2-3 gear ratios allows for better control of the vehicle in adverse weather conditions.

How Buick and Chevy trannys entered a conversation about Toyota and Honda is beyond belief. Who cares on this forum why GM did what they did...it is irrelevant to this thread.

Once I become the chief marketer or engineer for Honda, I'll let you know why their tranny selection is what it is. Until then, I will look forward to more intelligent posts from you in the coming year ;)
  • panmaxpanmax Member Posts: 24
    Quote,"
    As I stated in my prior post, there is truly no need for a D-4-3-2-L unless you are towing."
    This just is not true.

Every gear is perfect for some road. I climb a hill every day. 4th gear would be perfect. 3rd gear makes too much noise. Drive only leads to shifting back and forth from 5th to 4th back and forth. I have a 5 speed Odyssey. I would like a D4 setting. Otherd have it. Too cheap to include it here?
    If you need D4, panmax, just push the little button on the gear selector to turn off the fifth gear overdrive.
    Only an idiot would defend an inferior design. :shades:
    Why is it difficult for anyone to understand why a discussion of GM transmissions got into the forum when the topic of the post was outdated transmission selectors (and outdated transmissions)?
    I won't stup to your level by getting down right ignorant but I thought this threads overall topic of conversation was about Toyota and Honda...don't remember seeing GM anywhere in the discussion :confuse:

This "idiot" loves his Odyssey and no defense is required on Honda's part. I would not trade my Odyssey in for a Sienna as I have done the exact opposite and sold my 05 Limited AWD for the Odyssey Touring and I am very happy with my decision to do so and would do it all over again :D
  • panmaxpanmax Member Posts: 24
    Quote,"push the little button on the gear selector to turn off the fifth gear overdrive." End Quote

Button does not exist on the 2002 Odyssey. On the 2007 Odyssey the button shifts you to D3 according to the owners manual page 324. Still no way to choose D4 on the 2007.
    My bad - you are correct. Even Honda refers to that shifter button as "D3" which (per my '05 owner's manual) is for "...pulling a trailer in hilly terrain, or to provide engine braking when going down a steep hill." It can also "...keep the transmission from cycling between third and fourth gears in stop-and-go driving."

The '07 Odyssey has a 4.312 final drive ratio with each drive range geared as follows:

1st - 2.697
    2nd - 1.606
    3rd - 1.071
    4th - 0.766
    5th - 0.538
  • dbettshembydbettshemby Member Posts: 7
    Okay we test drove an 2007 Odyssey and a 2007 Sienna a few days ago. We are trying to negotiate a fair price for a fully loaded vehicle and our choices are the Sienna Limited or the Honda Odyssey EXL with rear dvd and nav. The Sienna that we test drove did not have a nav system (did have the dvd) and the dealers price was 38K - dealer was unwilling to negotitate and even tried to substitute a 2006 Sienna Limited with all of the features that we wanted but the kicker is the price was 1k more than the 2007 Limited that we test drove (29K). We literally walked out laughing.
    On the flipside we test drove the Honda and while the salesman wasn't as knowledgable about the vehicle as he should have been we believe we were quoted fair prices of 31k for an exl or 33k for the odyssey exl with rear dvd AND navigation.

Are we just being unreasonable or is the Sienna really overpriced??? We are strongly leaning towards the Odyssey even though I enjoyed driving the Sienna more. I just can't get over the 6K difference that we would be paying for a Sienna that doesn't even have a nav system.
    The street prices of these vehicles can vary quite a bit depending on location although healthy discounts are the general rule. As a result, a discrepancy such as you saw can happen. '07 Siennas should command more (at least for a short while) due to improvements. It is somewhat difficult to directly compare the two based on MSRP because of Toyota's option packages.

The quoted Honda prices are not, in fact, all that good.

IMHO, the vehicles (with similar equipment) are quite comparable and the prices should be about the same.