Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Suzuki XL-7 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

lee_wlee_w Member Posts: 239
edited March 2014 in Suzuki
ENter your experiences here!

Comments

• muxamuxa Member Posts: 16
    I also test drove sorento and must admit it wasnt to bad,but it just doesent compare to the suzuki xl-7.Here is what you get with afully loaded suzuki that you wont get with a kia,third row seating,a car that is fully made in and assembled in japan, a five speed automatic transmission,much better gas milage especially on the highway plus any other options that kia may offer. NOW FOR THE KICKER a fully loaded suzuki (in the upstate new york area)is 22,800 before taxs.OH YEAH AND ITS ACTUALY A MUCH SMOOTHER DRIVING VICHLE.With this said im not actually a suzuki employee.
  • samuraisamsamuraisam Member Posts: 7
    My wife received a promotional letter from the local Suzuki dealer with a key. If that key started a new XL-7 in the showroom the lucky winner would get free use of it for one year. Second prize was $3000 down payment assistance. At the time I was driving a 2003 Chrysler PT Cruiser on which my warranty had just expired and my brakes just failed. I limped the PT down to the dealer and although the key we received didn't fit we did win second prize. I was offered a very generous trade allowance for my PT against a fully loaded 2004 XL-7 LX 4X4 in Cosmic Blue, and the monthly payment was LESS than my PT. I received further discounts from the dealer for the Suzy being a leftover '04 and for the spare tire cover, which the lot boy cracked when he backed the car into a pole. The book value on my trade-in was about what I owed on it, so with the down payment assistance I ended up financing $17K. Overall I've been very happy with my XL-7. The mileage really sucked when I first started driving it but it's getting better. It's a much more comfortable truck to drive than my wife's Jeep Liberty. 13,000 miles later it's still working fine except for a glitch with the CD player. :)
  • jwinstonjwinston Member Posts: 3
    I bought mine in 04 a factory program car 4x4 and it has been very good for 46000 miles so far. the buying experience was quite good as it was the second car i bought from Diamond Suzuki in florida. The service manager there treats people right with no hassels. The cars only problems were the rear window washer and a premiture failer of the entry key. not bad for a car that i paid 16,900 for less than a year old.
  • dashbbdashbb Member Posts: 119
    Just got a quote for $4k below MSRP on any 07 XL-7 Limited
  • guxuguxu Member Posts: 32
    Sounds like a very good deal. I got mine last Dec for about $3K below MSRP + TTL (no other fees). Our local dealer has no hassle price. But seems they raised price for Limited.
  • knightrider3knightrider3 Member Posts: 1
    I JUST GOT ON HERE, A FRIEND OF MINE GOT ME ON THIS TO SHOP FOR A CAR. I LIVE IN GETTYSBURG PA AND LIKE TO HAVE A FEW CARS. WELL I READ ALOT ABOUT THE FITZGERALD AUTOMALL. WOW THERE IS ONE 3O MILES FROM ME. I CONTACTED THEM ON THERE WEB PAGE AND SOME ONE FROM THERE RT.85 SUPERSTORE I THINK IS WHAT IT IS CALLED. THEY WERE RIGHT ON IT CALLING ME BACK. THEY BOUGHT ME IN AND ABOUT 2HRS LATER I NOW OWN A NEW XL7. THANK YOU FOR TURING ME ON IT FITZGERLADS.. THANKS. JUST GOOGLE FITZGERALD AUTOMALL
  • ViperggVipergg Member Posts: 24
    They selling the new 07 XL around here for $19995 plus tax ..
    Congratulations on your new XL-7! What did you buy it for? What was the MSRP?
    I did not see a seperate Lease Questions section for the XL-7, so I'm requesting it here.

A couple dealers here in the Chicago area said that Suzuki Financial is offering a "balloon" lease on 2007 XL-7. The way it was explained to me seemed very much like the old GM SmartBuy program.

Could anyone please provide any insight on this program?
    Thx.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,725
    It sounds like a balloon note.. It should be similar to the SmartBuy program, but the details could differ..

You'll want to look at the contract for details on turning the car back in, possible end of contract charges, etc...

Usually, they push balloon notes in states where the tax laws make leasing disadvantageous... Where do you live?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

You're probably right. I live in Illinois where we're required to pay full sales tax on the entire purchase price (Cap Cost) and not on the difference (Cap Cost - Residual); neither a percentage of monthly payment.
    Unless you have a business tax deduction, it does not make much sense to lease in Illinois.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,725
    I agree... a balloon note or a straight finance is the best way to go...

Unless there is some kind of promotion, you'll usually do better with a straight purchase.. The interest rates on balloon notes is usually fairly high.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• selooseloo Member Posts: 606
    Tell us about your deal!
    Has anyone purchased this car?
  • goaterguygoaterguy Member Posts: 64
    I bought a 2007 Suzuki XL7 Luxury AWD with Sunroof on Oct. 30 for my wife, from Prestige Suzuki in Asheville NC. I got if for $22,900 - $1,000 Owners loyalty - Trade in. Thats around $4,700 under MSRP not including the owners loyalty plus they gave me a bit more than KBB value for my trade. To follow the forum rules I cant post the salesman name but if someone wants it, let me know. I have a dealer 10 minutes away from me and I prefered to do business with Prestige wich although is 5 hours away they delivered and took the trade in. My wife loves her new XL7, powerful engine, nice comfy leather seats, sunroof, AWD and all the safety features it includes plus the 7yr/100k warranty. I want to thank all the automotive reporter that negatively criticized this vehicle, without them I would have never gotten it at this price. I paid $22,500 for my base Explorer 11 years ago!!! I am a car enthusiast and I really recomend this SUV for the money.
    Edit: I financed with my credit union, no weird balloon financing contracts here.
    Congrats on your purchase, please break down the deal:

MRSP:

Invoice Price:

Rebates: (The web site shows $3500 in rebates for a 07)

Extra fees (doc fee, prep, etc...):

Price Paid before TTL:

Thanks
    Sure:
    MRSP: $26,999 + 650 freight = $27,649 (you can get this price from Suzukiauto.com)

Invoice Price: $26,569

Rebates: $2,500 cash - $1,000 owners loyalty -2,249 negotiated discount (Actually the web site shows $2,750 + 1,000 owners loyalty in rebates for a 07 in November)

Extra fees (doc fee, prep, etc...): $169

Price Paid before TTL: $21,900 + $169 - Trade

Hope this helps. Like I said maybe November will get you $250 more because of the rebates. If you want the name of the salesman give me an email address.
    Thanks,

Please reconfirm the option package.

This is what Edmunds shows for a 07 AWD Luxury:
    (I could not find 07 prices on the web site)

07 MSRP: 26,849 with shipping

Invoice: 25,801

$26,849 - 22,069 = $4780 ($3500 in rebates and $1280 discount)

Roughly, $3780 below invoice.

Do you have a copy of the car's window sticker and invoice from the dealer?

Thanks
    You forgot to add the Sunroof which is an $800 option.
    It is a Luxury 5 seat AWD WITH Sunroof.
    I do have a copy of the invoice and the window sticker but they are at home.

It still $26,849 + 800 = 27,649 - 21,900 = 5,749 (3,500 in rebates and $2,249 discount)+ 169 paperwork
    $4,669 below invoice.
    I am not including the paperwork as part of the MSRP, if you do, you will have to add it to the $27,649.
    The Suzuki and Edmunds websites show that the sunroof is standard equipment.

Please get all your paperwork and re-post.

Thanks
    Sir, I bought a 2007, and in 2007 the sunroof was optional for the luxury model, standard for the 2008. In the Suzukiauto.com go to vehicles and 2007 Models to confirm this. Also in the Edmunds website you can clearly see for the 2007 that the sunroof is optional. See link:

http://www.edmunds.com/suzuki/xl7/2007/index.html#search=open.eq..amp.p.eq.cvehi- cledata%23%23-1%23%23-1%7E%7Ef64%7C%7C535556%7E%7Enf13%7C%7C2432354b202d20243335- 4b
    Got it. Good Deal, Well done! Thanks. When you add the doc fee it came to roughly $4500 below invoice.
    Please post your best deals in terms of below invoice price:

07 Luxury w/SR (5 Pass) $4500 below invoice ($3500 in rebates)

Good Luck.
  • dave42nydave42ny Member Posts: 9
    MSRP was $24599 USD (excludes destination and handling - $25249 with it)
    I paid $20031.95, that's over $5000 off. Which included year-end rebates, owner loyalty rebate and dealer discounts (tax, title and DVM fees were separate).
    And the dealership paid off the balance of my 2006 Grand Vitara (I had the vibration problem with mine and premature tire wear. ASMC didn't do anything meaningful - the dealer/sales manager stepped up to the plate and delivered). :)
    I'll be posting a separate message regarding my fuel economy in the Real World MPG Forum.
    Regards,
    Dave
    Please provide the following information:

Total MSRP (do not include dealer add ons)

Total rebates: (I think it is $3,750.00)

Invoice Price (Should be about $1K below MSRP)

Total Paid (w/o TTL, but include any extra fees)

W/O your trade it sounds like your deal is about $3,750-4000 below invoice price (roughly equal to the rebates).

What was your trade worth? How much did they give you for it?

Thanks

With $3750 in rebates for 07s, surely someone can get $5K below invoice.

Good Luck.

FYI, I read in Wednesday's WSJ, that Suzuki has the worse resale value of any care sold in the US.
    Good thing I am planning to keep this XL7 at least until the end of the 7 yr warranty period. Resale wont be worth squat anyway.
    It is good that you will keep it that long. I was a bit surprised by the article.

Good luck with your XL7, the car looks nice.

With the large rebates on 07s, surely someone can get $5K below invoice.

Good Luck.
This discussion has been closed.