Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Volvo C70 Convertible - 2006 and Newer

Comments

• volvomaxvolvomax Member Posts: 5,238
    Yes, the dealer should know approx. where your car is.
    However, Volvo doesn't always update the system. There are plenty of times where a car shows up at the dealer and the report still shows PORT status.
    Likewise, a car can stay in Port status for days, if there is an upgrade being performed.
  • empty1empty1 Member Posts: 109
    Curious what folks are told about delivery dates for '07 models. I put a deposit on a C70 in Dec '05 and moved my order to an '07. The dealer said they still can't enter my order (probably by the end of this month).
  • tsk1tsk1 Member Posts: 31
    I have a confirmed Oversees Delivery date of September 7th, for a 2007 model C70. While that obviously doesn't include shipping time, it does reasonably assure that 2007's will be rolling off the Uddevalla plant before that date. So October delivery dates at least to the east coast are certainly probable.

FYI - We have had a September 2006 (for a 2007 Model) OSD slot since we placed our order in November 2005.
    shipping time to the east coast is approx 4 weeks from the time you drop the car off at the port in Europe.
    dealers have 07 allocation now.
    Your dealer may have filled his available spaces.
    Figure deliveries to the US between Oct 06 and Jan 07 for the first batch of cars.
  • alp8alp8 Member Posts: 656
    What kind of MPG are you folks seeing?

any option you wish you'd purchased that you didn't?

any add-on that you love?
    Max, do you know when they will start the build of the '07s. thanks.
    First 07's will be built starting the end of July.
    Anyone have or can post a picture of a flint grey and off black interior C70
  • madon1madon1 Member Posts: 6
    I can, but can't do it tonight. Will post in a couple of days.
  • agarretttxagarretttx Member Posts: 8
    My MPG is low end (city driving) - 17-18 mpg and high end (high way a little over speed limit) - 26-27 mpg - mostly i avg probably 23-24 - i do love the stereo system - wish i would have gotten the premium package with the heated seats and the rain sensor - i have the headlight washers but the rain sensor i think would be really nice to have -
    Other than that - love the car - i already have about 4500 miles on it - hard to keep it in the garage.
  • morgenthalermorgenthaler Member Posts: 19
    Actually the 07's have been in production for over three weeks. I was at the plant in Uddevalla on June 29th and they had built over 1200, and I had the opportunity to see mine after it came off the assembly line. They are producing approximately 90 cars a day at this factory.
    Hi Max, couple of questions (1) do you know when dealers will be allowed to enter orders for the '07s and (2) do you know if the pricing is out for the '07s and where I can find it. :shades:
    The Euro del units and Euro spec units are being built now. Most of the regular US units won't begin for a few weeks.
    Hi Max, couple of questions (1) do you know when dealers will be allowed to enter orders for the '07s and (2) do you know if the pricing is out for the '07s and where I can find it.

We are ordering 07's now.
    However, you must have 07's allocated in order to place an order.

Dealers have the 07 pricing, base price went up $380.
  • cdk2cdk2 Member Posts: 19
    I was under the impression (from my local dealer, and previous posts on this board) that the plant in Sweden that is manufacturing the C70 shuts down for the entire month of July. Not true?
    Thanks Max for answering my recent questions. One more, Has Volvo learned anything from the production of the '06 C70 that they are fixing or replacing on the '07. Has there been any issues with the '06's thanks. :sick:
  • pf57pf57 Member Posts: 5
    Not sure if you saw my post last week, but my C70 has two pretty nasty ring-shaped stains on the cover behind the back seat. They are from the petroleum-based bumpers that are under the trunk and rest on the cover when the top is closed. My dealer is replacing both the cover and bumpers tomorrow and they tell me that Volvo has just discovered this problem on all of the C70s. They are trying a new type of bumper that shouldn't leave a stain.
    There is one update being applied to the 06 cars in the port.
    There is a foam cushion being installed in the roofs to keep the roof cAbles from rattling.

Otherwise, aside from some equipment differences, its the same car.
    The ring issue some people have mentioned seems to be a hit or miss phenomenon. None of our cars seems to have it.

The factory will indeed be closing, soon if it hasn't already. Generally closes for 3-4 weeks.
  • volvo_drivervolvo_driver Member Posts: 34
    VolvoMax -
    What are the equipment differences - '06 vs. '07?
    Are there different options/packages too?
    If they are correcting the roof cable issue, why are they not also correcting the aforementioned "ring" issue?
    Do they perform the corrections at the port or at the dealer?
    Are there Volvo tecnichians at the ports?
    Thanks!
  • volvo_drivervolvo_driver Member Posts: 34
    Madon1 -
    When can we see your pics?
  • jeepwmnzjeepwmnz Member Posts: 12
    Hi: I'm getting about 22.9 on mine; this is a combination of city/highway driving. I have the iPod adapter that I strongly suggest anyone who wants to listen to their iPod in the car, that they have this installed. It sits on the left side of the steering wheel, below the vent and is super easy to use. Much better than the "stick" kind that you put into your cigarette lighter. I didn't pay the extra for the premium sound system; I'm extremely happy with the sound that it has. Since I have the cream interior, I purchased the "water hog" front mats from LLBean to avoid the volvo mats from becoming too grungy due to the light color. :D
  • jeepwmnzjeepwmnz Member Posts: 12
    I too have these rings that look really nasty :sick:. Max: Should I take the car back to the dealer now or wait until Volvo comes up with a new bumper as mentioned in #636 post?
    The 07 C70 has the option of Sirius satellite radio, an aux port for ipods, and park assist.
    Pkg's remain the same, as do colors.

The cable rattle is being corrected by engineers at the port. Each motor company that imports cars has a vehicle preparation center near the port facilities. Volvo's prep center is staffed by engineers and technicians from Volvo.
    All upgrades are handled there.

In the case of the "ring" issue, it is not something that is universal. None fo the C70's that I have seen, including the pre-production cars have had this ring effect on the cover. It is possible that this only effects a few cars and that as yet there is no fix for it. Developing new rubber parts does take time.
    I would have the dealer document it. If you can find exactly where the pieces are that are impacting the cover, I would put a piece of tape over them as a temporary solution.
    Have your dealer contact you when a permanent solution is available.
    Max: Does this solve the iPod issue, or is this "port" just a connection to an FM modulator?
    Max: Does this solve the iPod issue, or is this "port" just a connection to an FM modulator?

No, the aux port is connected to the radio!
    No, the aux port is connected to the radio!

and the kneebone is connected to the shin bone!!

:-)

so this is NOT an FM modulator approach?

any chance we'll see a retrofit on 2004 XC90s?
    so this is NOT an FM modulator approach?

any chance we'll see a retrofit on 2004 XC90s?

No it is NOT an fm modulator approach and no there won't be an 04 XC90 retrofit.
    :-(

re the 90
    so, are there deals to be had on the C70?
    This car is still at the top of my list, but I think I will wait for the 07s. I can't deal with the lack of iPod conncectivity.

What do you think the soonest overseas delivery date is?
  • flheatflheat Member Posts: 46
    The best deal I have found is saving me $10,000. I withdrew my deposit on the C70 and put it on a VW Eos.
  • burghburgh Member Posts: 17
    I plan to get the trailer hitch added to my C70 for my bike rack. Besides the little picture on the Volvo website does anyone have a few or one picture of the C70 with the trailer hitch added? I would like to see the car from a whol car perspective with the trailer hitch.

Thank you.
  • lev_berkovichlev_berkovich Member Posts: 858
    The deal I've seen for the only C70 on the dealer's lot was almost 15K OVER the MSRP.

Go overseas..
    The prices in US will be really high for a while, and you buy at the MSRP pretty much overseas.
    15k over MSRP is silly.

Most dealers(really all dealers) should be selling @ MSRP.

Needless to say there are no deals.

The next round of Overseas Delivery cars will probably be in the spring. Those cars are @ MSRP also, but you do get a free trip to Europe.
    I didn't think there were any "deals" on C70s. The OSD program is a good enough discount for me, though I hope I can wait that long.
  • lev_berkovichlev_berkovich Member Posts: 858
    I was very surprised, because I remember when Volvo was strongly discouraging dealers from marking the XC90 up.

However, C70 seems to be much hotter here in upscale So Cal neighborhoods.
    I do not believe that anyone has really paid 15K over the MSRP, but I know a couple of people paying some mark-up (the biggest I have personally heard was $7000 over the MSRP)
    Does anyone have a picture of the whole rear of the c70 with the trailer hitch?

Thank you.
  • cdk2cdk2 Member Posts: 19
    With any luck, my C70 is in port in Baltimore now, and should get to the dealer (80 miles north) next week. I am starting to look at financing. The current rate for 36 months at my Volvo dealer is 6.9%, which seems high. I went online to Capital One car loans, and got 5.99%. Any other ideas for a better rate?
  • pf57pf57 Member Posts: 5
    My dealer replaced both the cover and the rings. Both had to be shipped from Sweden and took about 2 weeks. The composition of the new rings is supposedly something different, but the biggest issue is that they adjusted the cover so that the rings are not tight against it when the top is closed. My dealer tells me that he called the Volvo rep and the rep checked all cars on his lot. All had the discoloration to some extent. Mine was pretty bad. Happy with the new cover though and, so far, no more problems. Still lovin' my car.
    We are scheduled to pickup our C70 in Sweden on September 7th. Has anyone purchased any of the Volvo C70 accessories, and if so which ones are you satisfied with and would recommend. We are planning on putting nearly 3000 miles on the car in a couple of weeks there, and would like to be sure that all surfaces are reasonably protected. Items that we are looking at include: Cargo Compartment Mat, Spare Wheel Cavity Organizer, Waste Paper Basket/Storage Compartment, Rear Seat Guard, Protective tape, rear bumper, Coin holder, Rubbber Floor Mats and the Wind blocker/Wind Deflector (eventhough we have found the airflow to be great on the cars we have driven). Please let us know what if any of these or others you feel are worth it!
    My wife and I are picking up our car on the 6th, and I plan on purchasing the wind blocker, but I am not sure if you can do that at the factory. The C70 is not made at the same factory as where we pickup the car. I got the feeling you had to go through the dealer. I visted a Volvo dealer in Vanesborg on 6/27/06, twenty kilometres from Uddevalla, and they had some items but none of the ones you are interested in.
  • millenrmillenr Member Posts: 28
    I picked up my C70 on Monday, July 17. I have been driving for a while before I post any results, just to make sure I am balanced in comments. Quite frankly, I can't find anything to complain about at this point. Granted, this is my first convertible, so I don't have anything to compare to; but I have thoroughly enjoyed it so far. From the handling, to the stereo quality, to the navigation system, and all in between. The back seats have been surprisingly comfortable for the passengers. And, as can be imagined, you should see the heads turn when I lower and raise the top.

Bottom line, I had to wait more than 8 months since I placed the order, still not sure it was worth the wait; but I am glad I did not stray from my original decision on the C70. If I had, I know that I would be regretting it today.
    Our dealer has said that the factory delivery center was fully stock for accessories even for C70 accessories, all usually installed in a few minutes! Anything that requires more time that that (i.e. parking assist) is usually done after it is returned for shipment! We'll see.

Sep 6th, let us know what color and equipment you are getting! If we see you on the road we'll share notes!
    We are getting the Celestial Pearl Blue with the off black leather interior. Its great news about the accessories, I am contemplating getting the hands free cell phone setup. If you need any information about Sweden we have been there five times, most recently for ten days in June.
    Great color combination! That was our original choice, then after we saw Zanzibar Gold and Calcite Cream, that became our finaled order. If we see a Celestial Blue either at the SAS or on ferry to Kiel, we will know whose it is!
    Does anyone have a photo of the Celestial Blue + off Black interior? If so please post.

Thanks!
  • jtregojtrego Member Posts: 68
    Burgh

Go to topspeed.com and then click on Volvo, then the 2006 c70, they have some pretty good pics and I think the celestial blue with black leather. That is the combo we ordered as well. I really like the flextech look and feel but my wife made a good point about all the stitching in the seat and seat back which might not wear as well. Wonder if anybody else had any experience with the wear pattern on the flextech?
    Flextech is the same as the T-Tech in the S40's. We have had zero problems w/ wear.
    Keeping it clean is another issue however. The fabric is very hard to clean, so I would invest in some scotchgard if I were you.
This discussion has been closed.