Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Ford Mustang Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• beerme1beerme1 Member Posts: 67
    Thanks Lee and Bronco.

There was nobody within ear shot to hear the dealer tell me that the car was never titled. Doesn't matter though. The car did come with the 0.0 finance and FORD is telling me that I am the only owner. :confuse: So there is evidence enough right there of misdoings.

I did call the State of WI today and they are sending me a complaint packet. I talked to Ford again and they won't even give me their legal dept. address and told me that they will only give that out to a lawyer.
    I told them if they reset my warranty to my day 1, May 8th 2008 I will be more than happy. They said again that they cant do it.

So I am in a really strange place right now with all of this and told them if I had known that I would be subject to this dealers flat out deception, I would not have flown from Buffalo to Milwaukee to be part of this. I did have other options.

Just too bad I didn't think I needed to verify by Carfax a new car purchase. I believe a lawyer would be able to have some fun with this for the simple fact of what's on some of my paperwork that shame on me, I didn't pay enough attention to at the dealer. I have boxes checked that indicate the car has new factory warranty, is a demo, is a used demo, my esp is for 60 months 75K and that my esp is for 72 months and 75K. I did verify that with Ford that it is in fact the 72 months.

Friday I will offer the dealer one last chance to make this right, how I don't know, and they will reject any such notion and then I may say well you can take the car back to which they will decline and I will stew about this all weekend and then contact an atty.
    All that for a lousy 14 months of warranty and I am even willing to forget about the second title if they reset the warranty. But that's not the way this is going. This is really uncool on both paties. The dealer in particular, but also Ford's reaction of basically telling me it is a dealer issue even though I informed them they are equally guilty of the deception in light of giving me the 0.0% on the new leftover 07.

By the way I notice a whistling sound whern the car is under medium to hard acceleration in second gear. any thoughts on that?

Thanks guys.
  • euphoniumeuphonium Member Posts: 3,425
    "
    The car was previously titled as I found out, to the dealer who told me today that if some one who doesn't physically work at the dealership drives the car as a demo they have to title it in WI and that FORD is aware of this and that's why they tell me I am the first owner. CARFAX says otherwise andthat is not what they told me prior to me flying out there to pick the car up. They said "It's a new car although a demo and has NEVER BEEN TITLED"

I suspect a family member of the dealer drove the car and as such it was previously titled. My question is when you were doing business, signing papers, & buying the car, did not the dealer show you a WI title in the name of the original buyer and that buyer's signature releasing the title to you? Somewhere in the process you were duty bound to recognize such a document.

Were there "Dealer" plates or "Owner" plates on the car? If "Dealer" = deception! :mad:
    Duty bound? On a new car purchase from a dealer? The dealer did not show me a WI title nor tell me the car was previously registered. Just the opposite.

The car was registered to the dealer as I found out on the registration receipt that was in the glove box. There was no buyer's signature releasing it to me. Carfax show the car to be a corporate lease for a period of 12 days. I'm guessing some went on a cross country trip or something like that.

And just to be clear.....DEALER DECEPTION regardless in light of the warranty start date at the very least on a new demo 07.
  • nthonynthony Member Posts: 2
    Got down to $24,630 + TTL.

08 GT Premium w/ Auto
    The exterior package.. whichever includes the hood scoop
    Shaker 500
    48 miles

Sound like a deal? I was trying for $25,500 out the door. They let us walk but I told them several times I was not set on the mustang and wanted to try out the G8 GT before finalizing any offers.
  • cccompsoncccompson Member Posts: 2,382
    Actually, this should be a pretty easy case because the fraud is so clear. The proof is that the dealer defrauded Ford (in declaring it new) in order to get you the zero financing. It logically follows that the same is true as to you.

You made a very reasonable demand relative to the warranty and it was rejected. Your only recourse now is to scream "fraud" as loud as you can. While it's not likely that the factory warranty will be extended, it seems to me that the dealer should, at a minimum, pay for all of the EW.
  • nthonynthony Member Posts: 2
    $25,500 +TTL
    MSRP $31,988

Automatic Transmission
    HID's
    Interiour Upgrade
    GT Appearance Pkg
    Ambient Lighting
    Shaker 500
    18" two-tone Aluminum wheels (looks very nice with Vapor Metallic)

Houston, TX
  • xfilerguyxfilerguy Member Posts: 8
    I have the chance this weekend to buy a new 08 V6 mustang for $13,500. I know this is a really good price, but i'm apprehensive to pull the plug for several reasons. First, I'm worried about gas mileage and the RWD Mustang V6 doesn't get that great mileage from what I've read. Second, I'm concerned that the price is going to go down further, as the economy is in the tank. Should I wait until closer to Fiscal year End or July 4 weekend? What are the chances Ford would smack a bigger rebate on these puppies? I've always wanted a Mustang, but lately i've been investigating a 4 cyl Altima Coupe to get better gas mileage.

What does everyone think? Is it even worth getting a V6 mustang or is the GT that much better of a car?
    Well despite the economy and the price of gas, I just bought an 07 V8 a couple weeks ago. I did so with getting a hefty incentive of zero percent financing for 72 months.
    I would not have ever considered v6.
  • mschmalmschmal Member Posts: 1,757
    You need to contact the consumer advocate at local television stations.

A shady car dealer is just they type of story they love to do.

NO dealer can handle stand bad press in this market place.

You need to look at your paper work for things that indicate that the dealer sold you a new car. If the dealer completed new car paper work instead of used car paper work, this is fraud and you can get a lawyer involved or the state consumer protection dept
  • broj1broj1 Member Posts: 1
    mustang v6 premium with auto transmission and safety pkg
    the OTD price is $23,000
    What is the best price that you are thinking?
  • mcqueen32759mcqueen32759 Member Posts: 1
    My name is McQueen . . . Jeff McQueen and I live in Detroit. When I met Ford CEO, Alan Mulally last April and he saw my last name on my business card, he informed me Ford would launch the 2008 Bullitt in the Fall of 2007, and suggested I get one.

My Bullitt arrived in February 2008 and I've been having a blast. I quickly learned how to drive a manual transmission, and I've had it up to 140 MPH on one of the local hignways.

I also find people looking at my car when I park it in a public place.

I foten play Sheryl Crow's "Steve McQueen: song when crusing on Woodward Avenue. I plan on entering it in this year's Woodward Cruise.

I also have the MCQUEEN license plate for the State of Michigan on the car. How cool is that?

Best Regards,

Jeff McQueen

You can see photos of my car at www.imboc.com
  • gzgtpgzgtp Member Posts: 83
    My name is Bond...Jeff Bond and I live in London. When I met the Queen last year she suggested I get an Aston Martin. My Aston arrived in the Fall of 2007 and I have been enjoying speeds of 200-220 from London to Liverpool. It has extra large mirrors so I can check myself out periodically. Although I have abused the self eject passenger seat on several occasions, the car is near perfect. I always find people staring at the car in public places, especially as I am blasting "Live and Let Die" by Paul McCartney and Wings.
    My License plate reads IMCOOL
  • dansgtdansgt Member Posts: 2
    Well mine buy was not a new Mustang wish it was but what i found i'm very happy withthe price i paid for a 2004 Mustang Gt Convertible. love the car. i found it on cars .com. when i started looking it was $19788 and after about 2 months looking a about 6 different one within 150 miles of where i live . the one i boought was the right price and miles. it only has 23,000 miles on it and after looking for that time the price kept coming down. it was a 1 owner car and very well maintained. not accidents. nothing show up on Carfax. so my wife and i asked the dealer if they would take what we offer and they saif that they we're sure they could go that low. i asked it they would take $16500. they were asking 17988. i called my Credit union and asked if they would go for that price and i called the dealer it see if they would take my offer. they said call back in 1 hour. so i called back and they said that they would go as low as 16750 and i said ok. so we got well under Kelly Blue book. so i guess it pays to do your homework and it pays off. love the car last week my wife and i were on vacation and everyday was a Topless day. lol. the car . thanks Dan Heagy former VP Mustang Club of Maryland. BTW the 2004 is a replacement for my 98 GT that was totaled 2 years ago.
  • mitsinmitsin Member Posts: 19
    There seems to be 8K off Sticker for the labor day weekend sale that the dealersin SF South Bay are readily advertising. This seems to make the Mustang a very attractive buy at this price!
  • sean_johnsean_john Member Posts: 2
    I am looking to buy a used 03 mustang 6 cylinders for $7,700. Its really clean and has 71,000 miles. Its a 5 speed manual, and stock with no upgrades. I wanna know if this is a good deal or not.
    Thanks Mark? Or mschmal? :)
    The state determined the paperwork was in fact shady. And I did go to the State Consumer Protection dept. actually! But I never felt like I wanted to get a lawyer involved although it was close because of teh arrogance or feigned innocence of the dealer.

Shame on me for forgetting to update this on here :blush: So cccompson was exactly correct in what I ended up with. The State of WI in their investigation determined basically that I was wronged on this. Although they stated the paperwork was not filled out properly by the dealer which led to the confusion. Duh!!

So they contacted the dealer and then contacted me. The dealer Gordie Boucher Ford in Menominee Falls, WI. offered to settle with me by proposing three options.
    1. They would give me $300 cash.
    2. They would pay the $100 deductible during my extended warranty period.
    3. They would extend the full ESP for an additional year.

The State of WI. representitve told me that option #3 would be best for me because it would be just like another year on my original warranty. I politely explained to her that is not true as the ESP as good as it is does not cover everything bumper to bumper and also comes with a $100 deductable. So while the ESP is great it's not quite the same I explained.

Anyways, sorry to explain this so many months later and Mark I certainly appreciate your input man! I decided to accept option #3 which gets me very close to where I should have been to start with. I am comfortable with this solution but dissapointed that the dealer made me do this.
    They could have simply offered this to me after my original complaint and we would have been good.
  • broncolesbroncoles Member Posts: 5
    Hi beerme1

I'm glad to hear that that things got a little closer to netural between you and that Ford dealer. Nothing takes the place of being able to look back and walking away!

We have all been there at one time or another! :)

BroncoLes
  • vegashomesvegashomes Member Posts: 24
    So what are you guys paying for 09 Mustangs
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,142
    A reporter is looking to speak to consumers who purchased a Ford, GM or Hyundai vehicle due to the owner protection plans. Please send your daytime phone number and the vehicle you own to [email protected] by Monday, April 13, 2009.

Thanks,
    Chintan
    Corporate Communications
    Edmunds.com

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? [email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• pgc1877pgc1877 Member Posts: 1
    Bought it last night... Highland Green, List $32,855 (Bullitt with Security pack) $4000 rebate, $3000 discount. A lot of car for the money...
  • hs8784hs8784 Member Posts: 1
    PGC, Congrats...can you list more details about the rebates and discount you received?

Thanks
  • tayl0rdtayl0rd Member Posts: 1,926
    List $32,855 (Bullitt with Security pack) $4000 rebate, $3000 discount.

So are you saying you got it for $25,855?
  • eaglegeagleg Member Posts: 87
    Last Saturday picked up an “09" premium GT with glass top, 5 speed and all the stuff! Sticker was $34,900! Gloss black, 18" polished wheels, all GT packages, 355 LSD! Dropped $4500 off sticker! $1500 cash back/2.9 for 5 years and 45 days deferred payments.$29,695. OUCH! But worth every penny! Haven't had this much fun since the early 70' s! Lots of incentives, but they're going fast! Didn't care for the 2010's, not enough retro, SS Camaros are nice but not enough old school and no good deals! If you're looking for a 2009, now is the time!
  • crestonavecrestonave Member Posts: 209
    I leased a 2008 Mustang V6 convertible early last year. The car comes off lease end of March 2010. I know I'm early with this question but I like to try to plan ahead.

Anyone know if Ford Credit will negotiate the buy out price should I decide that I want to keep the car? Can I negotiate directly with them or must I go through a dealer? Can I use any dealer or must I deal with the dealer I leased the car from? If I decide to return the car, can I return it to any Ford dealer or must I return it to the dealer I leased it through?

That should do me for now. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
  • sunfoxdsunfoxd Member Posts: 1
    I'm searching on AutoTrader and Cars.com looking for a REGULAR 1999 Mustang (Not a GT, in other words).

I found one that I'm not sure whether it's a good deal or not. The Kelly Blue Book states the car is worth about $4110 in Excellent condition for Retailer pricing. Everything seems all right (they claim everything works, but if I go to check it out, I'm gonna be pretty scrutinizing), and they want about $3995 for it.

My only issue is the mileage. It's got about 162,525 miles on it. Is this even worth buying? Note: It does have a custom paint job and "highly customized interior".

Here's the link for the Cars.com ad: 1999 Ford Mustang
    You might get 50K more relatively trouble free miles out of it. Why on Earth do you want a '99 V6 Mustang?:confuse: Something sentimental about that car?
  • stkntrafficstkntraffic Member Posts: 172
    Maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't pay 4K for anything with 162K miles. There are a lot of cars at that price point with half that many miles.
  • michaellnomichaellno Member Posts: 4,120
    There are a lot of cars at that price point with half that many miles.

And my son in California bought one earlier this year. '97 or '98 Mustang V6 with 80K on the clock for around $4K. From what I've been told - I haven't seen the car myself - the car is in near perfect condition.

So, it can be done.
  • ltomlinsonltomlinson Member Posts: 9
    dont buy one they are a piece of crap . i have a new 08 convt.. it is a :lemon: ......

FORDS ARE JUNK......................
    Buy one if you can but make sure at a minimum that you get a gt. I have an 07 California Special Convertible and it is without a doubt the most fun I have had in a car in the last ten years.
    p.s. I am only replying because of the troll message before me by l.t. who may be able to afford finer cars for a lot more money. But let me tell you for the money the 07 vert cali spec that I bought has been the best car of my life and my wife LOVES it also so thats a nice bonus. I was so close to buying a Cadillac CTS which I think would also have been the most fun car of my life but in a very different manner.
    Hey L T, lemon my [non-permissible content removed]. This FORD ROCKS! :shades: Sorry if you didn't get what you wanted though. Seriously
  • larryallen707larryallen707 Member Posts: 174
    Is nobody buying these cars? Why no prices paid and buying experiences? I want a loaded GT convertible. What will it cost me?
  • eaglegeagleg Member Posts: 87
    You should bet able to get 15% or more off sticker plus incentives and exceptional financing! If not find a different dealer!
    I'd love to know what dealer would give me 15% off sticker on a new Mustang ragtop. I'm not aruguing that you can't get it just because I haven't had that experience; it's an honest question. Who would offer me that? If the sticker is $32K that means that I could buy the car for a little more than $27K, plus incentives?

I've poked around on some pricing websites and for what I'd be interested in I'm seeing $1500 or so off msrp plus incentives. I'm leasing a 2008 V6 Premium convert that has to go back end of March. I think it's a great car - fun to drive, got all the bells and whistles, haven't had a single problem with it. The buyout is around $22K and I'm thinking of buying it. I know the car, the mileage is a little less than 15k and there's still a year left on the bumper to bumper. So far it doesn't look like they'll negotiate the buy out price, but I'm still trying. From what I've seen around used, the car might be worth close to $22k in the open market. Also I'm not a real big fan of the new body style - the back end looks shorter than mine. That's just a matter of taste. The other thing is that they don't sell the new Mustang in the color I have - vapor metallic - and everyone who sees that color loves it.

Tough decision. Ford will give me an additional $1500 off a new one because I'm a current leasing customer. They don't have a current leasing program on the new Mustang, so to lease a new one would not be cost effective. Of course if you don't like the product there's little sense in going for a new one.
  • jlcjlc Member Posts: 30
    Hey folks, I need some advice. I love the look of the 2011 Shelby GT but I have some concerns about the top. How reliable are they as far as leaking? Also when I price it out the way I want it we are looking at 50k. This puts me in the same $$$ as my other choice an SLK 300 which is a hard top convert. Any help would be appreciated.

Joe
  • bestofthebestbestofthebest Member Posts: 1
    I got a 2010 premium cnvrt with under 6k miles clean title. california car. has leather , sync/bluetooth/ipod connct , shaker system, illuminated door sills for $24k
  • jhaldermanjhalderman Member Posts: 1
    I visited a local Ford dealer and asked for information on a Ford Mustang. I was asked to sit down in the showroom and they would "try" to find some information. The salesperson walked by several times and asked questions like "what color do you want?" or "do you want the high end sound system"? I said I did not know what is available and did they have something that showed the options? They said they were looking for literature or a sales form. After about 10-12 minutes, I left and gave them my business card and said to call me when they find the information. All I got was a survey call a few days later asking about my "buying experience".
    What you got is what happens all too often at more than just Ford dealerships. Instead of listening to you and getting you the info like you requested, the salesman was simply going to try to force a sale on you. It's good you walked away, and if it had been me, I would've slammed them on the survey.
  • chode96chode96 Member Posts: 8
    Has anyone had any experience with buying a 2011 GT Premium? Are the dealers holding firm, or is there some wiggle room?
  • wilcoxwilcox Member Posts: 582
    edited April 2010
    WIGGLE ROOM? IMO not hardly any on 2011 Mustang for at least 4 months...

I hear that they'll accept X-Plan participants and they are now placing their personal orders on 2011 models...so, that's about, say, ~ $2,500 ~ off...or so....not too bad for a brand new "enhanced" play toy.

Plenty of Wiggle Room on 2010 models. Get yours now before only the 'dogs' are the only leftovers.
  • delcorbettdelcorbett Member Posts: 11
    I was at a dealer today, scooping prices. Is a 2010 mustang v6 with auto and the satin strip and wing worth 22,211.16 out the door? There is a 2000 dollar rebate and my xplan pin took another 1000 off but the out the door price was 22,211.16. It was not horrid but it did not make me jump for joy? any thoughts? Ohh the the 2011 v6 with auto only had 500 on the xplan, so no for me :(
  • avery89avery89 Member Posts: 1
    Purchased a 2010 GT for 25k OTD (not the Premium) in North Texas.

3000 rebate
    500 rebate using Ford financing (8.5% with excellent credit). No pre-payment penalty.

I was already pre-approved through Bank of America for 3.8 for 60 months, so I'll be refinancing the loan before my first payment. I usually pay my cars off in 3 years or less.

Also added:
    7 year warranty: 1600
    Gap insurance: 340
    Total: 26940 OTD

Turns out I should have asked for a better price on the 7 year warranty. A 3 year warranty comes with the car, so really, I paid 1600 for 4 years or 400/year. Can't win'em all :( . Besides, the car is an excellent ride. I'm happy with my purchase. :)
  • craigfordsalescraigfordsales Member Posts: 31
    Hello everyone! Anyone from the Metro Detroit area looking for pricing and other information on the all new 2011 Mustang - I am happy to help!! Craig
  • vicmeldrew1vicmeldrew1 Member Posts: 10
    just an observation not criticism but if you have excellent credit you should have qualified for about 6% - i did last month letting the dealer finance locally. you would have saved more than the rebate was worth.
    Last week I bought this car at the end of my two year lease. I actually extended the lease for two months while I was deciding what to do. It finally came down to the fact that I couldn't find anything that I liked as much as my 2008, which is fully loaded (except nav) and only has 16k on it. My buyout price was probably a tick more than retail book but there's no way I could locate a used 2008 equipped like mine, and even if I did, I'd be trading a known for an unknown.

I financed around $21k for four years. My bank offered me 3.75 which included discounts for direct debit and existing customer. The dealer got me 3.44% for four years from Fifth Third Bank. I'm in the NYC metro area if this makes a diff. I have top credit. Hope this helps.
  • katethegreat03katethegreat03 Member Posts: 3
    Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help me out with some advice on buying this Mustang.

It is a bright blue 2011 V6 Mustang (base model) with automatic transmission and a spoiler added on. The price of the car is $24,200 with the dealer giving me a selling price of $21,000. After TTL, the car comes out to $22,600 OTD. I live in Texas.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks!
  • rsmith8rsmith8 Member Posts: 47
    Of course, selling price is only part of the deal. (Financing, trade-in, etc.) You don't mention a trade-in, but the difference between $21,000 and $22,600 OTD doesn't quite cover Texas 6.25% sales tax, much less title and license. Bottomline, if you do not have a trade-in and the vehicle is as described (2011 Base Coupe with 6 speed automatic and factory installed rear deck spoiler), I think you have a very fair deal. Go for it!
    My bad. $1600 more than covers the Texas sales tax. Still that leaves less than $300 for all title/license and any documentation charges. Sounds good.
  • katethegreat03katethegreat03 Member Posts: 3
    Thank you for the advice. I do not have a trade-in and I will try to pay with cash so no financing. I just hope that they don't try to mess with the price when I decide to take the deal and buy the car!

Thank you very much for the help!

- Kate
    I live in the Houston area and watch the ads in the Chronicle closely. I'll watch the ads for any promotion deals on 2011 base coupes this weekend if you like. BTW, my recent experience got the best deal when I was willing to finance. I plan to pay off the loan in 4 months anyway.
    FYI, today's Houston Chronicle (Aug 28) has a promo ad for 2011 Mustang with MSRP $23,390 for $19,495, ($1000 rebate, $2895 dealer discount). Champion Ford.