Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Ford Mustang Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• thegraduatethegraduate Member Posts: 9,731
    Are you still buying Mustangs, and if so, for how much?
  • simmsimm Member Posts: 6
    Today I purchased a black on black 2011 V6 Premium. Came with automatic, 203A package, comfort package, security package, remote start, and back up camera. I paid 26k for the vehicle.
  • js06gvjs06gv Member Posts: 456
    Bought my wife a heavily optioned 2011 GT Premium automatic, black with brick red interior. MSRP $37,980. After all rebates, paid $32,687 + TTL. I've always been a GM guy, and set out to buy a Camaro but couldn't stand the interior. The Mustang is a better all-around package that, in my opinion, is much more refined. And the 412 hp 5.0 just sounds great. Incredible car.

2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2019 Ford Mustang GT Premium, 2016 Kia Optima SX, 2013 Ford F-150 King Ranch, 2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6, 2001 Kawasaki Vulcan 800 Classic

• ibetterdonowibetterdonow Member Posts: 4
    Would you share the dealership or contact that you got your deal from? I have been lurking for a deal for some time. TIA
  • js06gvjs06gv Member Posts: 456
    It was Sam Pack's Five Star Ford in Carrollton, TX.

2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2019 Ford Mustang GT Premium, 2016 Kia Optima SX, 2013 Ford F-150 King Ranch, 2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6, 2001 Kawasaki Vulcan 800 Classic

• xcessivexcessive Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

Trying to help my mom get a good price on a 2011 base Mustang v6. Not too many recent posts here, hoping someone may have some info on a good price?

Thanks,

Shawn
  • smohapatrasmohapatra Member Posts: 2
  • lschramlschram Member Posts: 2
    I am trying to find some lease info on the 2011 v6 mustange coupe and premium coupe

has anyone leased recently in illinois? 36mo,39mo,48mo?

I was able to get the residual value from one dealership but was told that the money factor is illegal to give out? I read an article saying you can get it from dealer or credit union.
  • cabluecablue Member Posts: 48
    Anyone have any current purchases on the Mustang? I'm looking at the '11 V6 premium. Trying to get a good idea of price I should push for. With the '12s already out, I'm hoping to get a bargain. I've looked at the TMV, etc... but don't know if it's that current or accurate. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
  • fordcustsrvcfordcustsrvc Member Posts: 27
    cablue,

This is Seni with Ford Customer Service. Have you checked out the incentives on the 2011 & 2012 Mustangs? Check with your dealer as sometimes you may combine local incentives with Ford public incentive programs, which can make an affordable car even more affordable. We would be happy to look up any Ford local incentives, please feel free to call the Ford Marketing Headquarters at 800-334-4375, at your convenience or visit www.Ford.com/Incentives.

Seni
    Ford Customer Service Division
  • psyevolutionpsyevolution Member Posts: 26
    2012 mustang v6 premium 203A
    HID HEADLAMPS AND SECURITY PACKAGE
    GLASS ROOF
    3.31 LIMITED SLIP REAR AXLE
    COMFORT PACKAGE
    ELECTRONICS PACKAGE
    ALL-WEATHER FLOOR MATS
    POWER CODE REMOTE START SYSTEM
    REAR VIDEO CAMERA

QUOTE FOR 36000 OTD,,, IS IT A GOOD PRICE.. I AM STILL BARGAIN FOR THE PRICE...
  • nrhodenrhode Member Posts: 1
    bought a candy red mustang v6 premium with auto and pony package for 24, 250 with sticker price of 29, 080. Price included two over the top white stripes. Put almost 10K down, no trade in and financed the rest at 2.9 for 48 months.
  • gzgtpgzgtp Member Posts: 83
    36,000 for a V-6 is way too much. Did you mean 26,000?
  • atlantabostonatlantaboston Member Posts: 2
    Purchased one last month nearly $5k off msrp. Sticker was $30,050 and got it at $25,250 before tax & title. I live in metro Atlanta and the dealer seemed very willing to get rid of the 2011's.
  • austinbighornaustinbighorn Member Posts: 8
    I have an offer for a heavily loaded 2011 GT Premium for $800 below invoice and dealer holdback. Sounds pretty good.
  • austinbighornaustinbighorn Member Posts: 8
    Does anyone know if the $1000 cash back and $1000 bonus cash are going to be extended past the May 2nd deadline?
  • bshmidtbshmidt Member Posts: 3
    I just brought home my mustang...2012 v6 premium pony/comfort/security pkg with msrp of 30375 for $27450-$750 private cash from ford = 26700.

$3675 off msrp.
  • rustyskyrustysky Member Posts: 1
    In San Diego, CA - Shopping for a 2012 Ford Mustang Conv V6. Bad car shopping experience yesterday - 31 May. Sticker price $34,340. After our awful experience with sales rep our OTD price somehow ended up being $42,000. Needless to say we left with no Mustang. We have very good credit. What are other people paying right now for the same car? Just out of curiosity?
  • yadavgtyadavgt Member Posts: 1
    Hi buddy you said 24,250 is it OTD price.

What does the Pony Package have??

Can I know the dealer and state you brought from?

Thanks,
    YadavGT
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,142
    If you drive a new Camaro, Mustang or Challenger and are under 35, a reporter wants to interview you. Please email [email protected] with your daytime contact info and a few words about your choice no later than July 1, 2011. Thanks!

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? [email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• rdel1rdel1 Member Posts: 21
    HI all,

I am about to lease the the v6 premium with pony package 2021, comfort package, remote start in the now discontinued color of Lava Red.

MSRP at time of order was 35,125
    -1000 off lease incentive
    -750 ford coupon

2500 down plus DMV

Thery gave me the following numbers so far
    msrp - 35235.00
    residual - .51
    rate 3.5%
    term 39 months - 12K per year

payment will be 416.48

trying to get what the negotiated price is but overall does this seem like a good deal?
    Keep in mind the color was recently discontinued - only a handfull are painted this color. Is that a postive or a negative.
  • jcm57jcm57 Member Posts: 7
    Just got a quote on a new 2012 Mustang V6 Premium, Pony Package spec 202A, rear backup sensors & security package, 6 spd manual, kona blue, saddle leather - negotiated price $24,999 (+TTL) --- sticker was $28,795. $3,800 off sticker. Good deal?
  • rxkerxke Member Posts: 168
    Hi
    I got a price of $27,393 (Factory invoice $29,499/MSRP $31,110). I am interested in leasing for 36 months/12k per year in NY(Westchester county). Can you give me an idea of what it would lease for and or can you provide me with the residual and the money factor. I expect to take delivery at the end of Nov or early Dec 2011. You have been extremely helpful in the past.
    Thanks
  • wilcoxwilcox Member Posts: 582
    '012 red candy metallic Muskrat GT premium 5 spd.
    MSRP's 36,590. X Plan 34,360. Cash incentives = 2,500.
    Doing the math - Total Drive Out tax,tag, blah,blah = 34,068.
    Already have a Hybrid Mariner and Hybrid Fusion...but older person needs something sporty.
    Red is big ticket magnet. Checking on insurance prices...ugh...
    Somebody...please...Talk me out of it.
  • stkntrafficstkntraffic Member Posts: 172
    Go for it! I had a red '98 GT for 8 years and also a red '96 Pontiac Formula, and never even got pulled over.
    Thanks for words of encouragement stkntraffic.

I've gone ahead and purchased a Premium GT Convertible, black cloth top, automatic, Grabber Blue, with hoodscoop side scoops and fancy spoiler.

The Grabber Blue really attracts attention and looks much better than what I thought it would be on a convertible.

The bright color is easy to spot in parking lot and a EXTRA SAFE color on the road. Probably the law will be attracted too...

I am a middle of the road driver and usually go the speed limit. I think I'm grown-up enough to keep from doing something stupid with it. All show and little go..
  • rpoabrrpoabr Member Posts: 7
    Bought today:

2012 V6 Premium + 203a package +candy red surcharge+ tinted windows, including 1500 rebate- 25,400+TTL.

Very happy with the price, tried to get them down to 25k even but no movement. Had a 24871 price quote for the 202a package, no windows, and regular colors- didn't try to negotiate that one as i really wanted the red with 203 package.

Let me know what you think...
  • rpoabrrpoabr Member Posts: 7
    Forgot to mention Automatic too. MSRP was $29,690
    Nice. That is a driver's car at a reasonable price.

:) Satisfaction guaranteed...lucky you.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,142
    A reporter is interested in talking with owners and shoppers of the new Mustang. What do you think of its design? Thanks for responding to [email protected] by midday Monday, March 27, 2012 with your thoughts and your contact information.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? [email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• restomod71restomod71 Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2012
    We picked up a brand new 2012 Mustang GT Premium Pkg., automatic, with the California Special option and heated seats option. MSRP was $38,290. The sales price was $34,448. Rebates totaled $3,750. Less the rebates, sale price was $30,698. TTL, out the door was $32,931.47.

This was in Houston, Texas in mid-January. There was no-haggling, no BS, no nothing. It was the easiest deal that I've ever had to purchase a new car. I took a copy of their advertised price for that car in to the dealership and said that if it was for sale for that price I'd take it. Four hours later we were out the door in our brand-new Ingot Silver, California Special GT.

I'd say that it was a "Champion" deal. You can find them in Katy, TX. Speak with Kal. He's a class act.
    Hey, that sounds like a steal!

What kind of financing time and percentage rate did they give?

We bet it is hard to listen to the radio when the deep burbble of exhaust sounds so good.

Good luck and drive moderately.
  • restomod71restomod71 Member Posts: 2
    I had financing already set up through my credit union. It's at 2.75% for 48 months.

Their financing guy did save me about $400 though. When I was getting ready to put money down, he asked if I had a credit card that had a cash back incentive. I did, and I used it to put down enough that I got about $400 back when I looked at my statement. Not a bad deal at all.

The car is a blast to drive. I don't drive it much though, as it was a present for my better half. It was her birthday present and Christmas present for about the next ten years! She's been driving a '96 GT and she was due for a new one.

I'm waiting for the '13, or perhaps '15 Shelby. We'll see how soon I'm able to pay this one off and go from there.
  • yz1988yz1988 Member Posts: 1
    Hi all,

It's my first time buying a car and I am thinking about buying a 2013 Mustang V6 with Auto transmission and 102A package. I received a quote for 24381 +TTL. The MSRP is 25485.

There is probably a room for negotiation but how much can I go to get a reasonable price?
    Any opinion helps. Thanks!
  • benraleighbenraleigh Member Posts: 1
    The car is a base Black on black 2012 GT with the brembo brake package and manual trans. The car was bought in Raleigh NC.

MSRP was $32500. X-Plan brought that down to about $30500. Then got $4000 off to get to $26500 @ 3.8%.

Trade in was 2010 v6 mustang with 16500 miles. Got $17700 for the trade.

60 month loan with payments = $395.0
    Felt like I got a great deal especially on the trade (was expecting 16k). The v8 is worth every $.
  • roachforliferoachforlife Member Posts: 11
    Hey guys, looking at the following and wondering if anyone bought similar and what you paid
    2013 Premium GT 5.0
    -Manual
    -401A package
    -Electronics Package
    -Brembo Package
    -Rear Camera

Thanks
  • shadenrigalshadenrigal Member Posts: 3
    edited May 2012
    Westward Ford
    Irving, TX

2012 Performance White Mustang V6 with:
    Rapid 101A spec
    Reverse Sensing and Security Package
    Performance Package
    Manual Transmission

MSRP = $26,090
    I received a $3k dealer discount, $1k rebate and 0% financing for 60 months by taking advantage of the Ford Swap Your Ride sales event. I traded in my 2006 G35 sedan automatic with 96k miles for $9500. I ended up financing $12,590 + TTL.
  • yipman_styleyipman_style Member Posts: 10
    Looking for a V6 Convertible base model. There is none. Automatic transmission is all I want. Every V6 in stock is loaded and push the MSRP to $30K+. And some are $35K. There seems to be nothing under $30K. I searching all dealers within 500 miles.

If I want a coupe, there is the base model and everything in-between. All the convertibles are so loaded that it's out of my price range.

Why is that?
  • alexinmiamialexinmiami Member Posts: 3
    I'll post the url of what I'm thinking of buying. (hopefully no one takes it :)

http://maroonefordofmargate.net/Margate/For-Sale/Used/Ford/Mustang/2010-GT-Premi- um-Blue-Car/9854927/

Basically it's a 2010 Ford Mustang GT Convertible for $26,595 with under 14K mile.

I'll try to get it at 25K put 5K down and finance the 20K.
    Just want to get some feed back money wise is it overpriced, just right etc?

And what about the carfax? is that trustworthy?
  • saijsaij Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

Just picked up a Base V6 2014 , with the automatic transmission.

MSRP was 24,190. There was a 2000$ ford rebate, Got it for 19,900 after all rebates and discounts.
    Dealer was Langway ford in MA. Walked out of the door with 0 down @ 1.96% APR (not ford, but the dealer got the rate which beat my credit union by 0.03%). I thought this was a good deal for a 2014.
  • lasvegasrphlasvegasrph Member Posts: 102
    Very nice!
    I ordered a 2014 Mustang V6 Convertible Premium automatic trans. with Mustang Club of America Pkg, Comfort Pkg, rear back up camera. MSRP was $35,273. XPlan price is $33,272. Plus I got the $2,000 retail cash, $1,000 lease conquest cash and the $750 Ford Private Cash by mail. Sales price was $29,522 +$100 DOC fee + TTL. Saved $5,750 from sticker price.
  • dat2dat2 Member Posts: 251
    Just bought a new 2014 GT with track pack. Black, no additional options. MSRP was 34 grand, bought the car for 22000 - 300 dealer private cash - 750 ford private cash - 2000 rebate = about 29 grand plus TTL. I tried to combine the American Quarterhorse rebate (500) but the dealer said I couldn't. I also got a decent trade in on my 2010 370Z Roadster. I think I got a good deal, esp considering it was a 2014 and kinda hard to find equipped that way! :shades:
  • plektoplekto Member Posts: 3,738
    All I wanted was a V6 with nothing on it and manual and I had to search all over California to get one. But I did manage to find one and it's great. I wanted the base model because the SYNC is Microsoft rubbish, the 19" wheels do nothing to actually make it drive better in daily traffic, and the leather is that fake "pleather" stuff that's sprayed onto a backing. Basically the car can be had with thousands in bling and stuff to break or as a basic car that's faster than a regular Cadillac CTS in the curves and gets almost Honda Civic MPG around town.

All for $20K. Or $2K more than a base model Civic LX with nothing on it. I don't think there's a better deal out there other than maybe the Fusion. As long as you don't spend money on extra junk and options, that is. Summer and fall sales are awesome. And Ford has some crazy incentives compared to, say, Toyota, which never has any.

- These cars are selling for crazy low prices lately. You won't have to haggle much, if any. $20K for a base model is doable. My total amount financed was about $22300 after all was said and done.

- Set up financing via your credit union or bank and avoid the finance department shell games.

- Buy the base model with no options other than the red or green paint. The tricoat paints last more than twice as long as the normal paint as they age. If you don't like the green (awesome, btw), the dark red looks like it was stolen off of a Cadillac or Lexus. It sparkles like paint used to in the 60s and 70s. As it should, since it's essentially the same process of multiple coats of paint and clearcoat mixed together.

- It's not as fancy as the other cars, but compared to Honda Civic or a Chevy Cruze other standard trim level tin cans that are in the $18-$20K range, it's a massive step up and has almost the same level of features standard. An econobox price for a car that's the best cheap commuter out there. With a 300HP V6 and good looks as a bonus. Win-Win-Win scenario :)

- Just keep your foot off the go pedal... It's amazingly easy to find yourself going 80+ without realizing it.

Note : My first two tanks of daily driving in L.A. rush hour traffic netted me 26mpg combined. With 32-34 on the highway at 65mph with cruise control on. I could go fast, but why when it's just going to work and back.
  • ken117ken117 Member Posts: 249
    Some of us prefer to have a vehicle with the extra junk. Life is short and extra junk sometimes makes life more enjoyable.

A Mustang is a completely different vehicle than a Civic or a Cruze. For folks that are looking for what they offer a Mustang is not a consideration.

Personally I considered the Mustang but found it does not offer the level of refinement I seek.

Enjoy your Mustang, you do not need to denigrate other vehicles to rationalize your purchase.
    I'm not denigrating anything other than the fact that many other vehicles are plainly overpriced, lack the same power and handling, and most of all, are bland, souless jellybeans.

I had $20K to spend on a car and after it was all said and done, I got a great car for just under $20K. I'm happy as can be about it, considering that almost everything else at $20K was an econobox. 300HP, 30mphg highway, and $20K. That's a compelling alternative to a typical economy car.

No, more like it body-slams them and then takes their girlfriend. :P

That the best price you can manage on a Civic EX was $19K is nobody's fault but Honda's. That GM is making cars that look good but have less power and no better MPG than they did 15 years ago shows that there's a massive disconnect in engineering effort. Again, it's not that Ford is making a better car so much as the others are dropping the ball and charging way too much.

The Mustang is an awesome car and it's also an absolute steal if you get it without any overpriced options.

Note - I'm not having a problem at all with the V8. But it makes zero sense to buy the base model and load it up with options.
    Great, the only thing that matters is being pleased with the vehicle and the price paid.

However, reality is not everyone views a base level 300hp faux sports car as the top of the heap. I have considered purchasing a Ford, even a Mustang with many of the overpriced extras. However my past history with Ford was not pleasing. Remember the Aerostar or Bronco II?

Personally I am quite happy with my soulless Acura with its crappy FWD, overpriced extras, and boxy style. Gives me a safe comfortable daily drive and is never in a repair shop. I give all the blame to Honda.

I do think your comments are indeed intended as a bit of an insult to those who purchased what you classify as a soulless jellybean. So it goes!
    edited July 2013
    Well, this IS the Ford Mustang topic here, so it's understandable that there's a bit of a bias. I will tell you, though, that Ford is far more reliable, far more aggressive with its pricing and value, and is clearly aiming for the competition like it never has in the past 20+ years.

It's a $30K car for closer to $20K after the smoke clears. Is it a Cadillac CTS or a Lexus or a BMW 3 series? Or a Cayman? Of course not. But it pounds something like a Civic or a Mazda 3 quite handily. People think about it wrong. It's not that it's a better car than a $35K BMW or G37. Or your Acura. It's that it costs so little and gives you enormous speed, handling, and power compared to everything in that price range.

It's not a sports car. It's an econobox destroyer and the best deal for a first time buyer out there.
    Actually, I like the Mustang. Am looking to pick up a convertible, if I can locate one I like. Of course, it will not be a twenty thousand stripped model. That sort of defeats the purpose of buying a Mustang.

My point is a Mustang is a different vehicle than a Civic and it appeals to a different buyer. It is a red herring to attempt to compare the two. Denigrating an "econo box" to justify purchasing a pretend sports car seems a tad bit of a rationalization.

Just be happy with your choice. No need to attack another's choice.
  • karhill1karhill1 Member Posts: 165
    It might be good to note a bit a reality. There are a lot more Civics, Corollas, and Elantras on the roads than Mustangs. Apparently, more Americans view those vehicles more highly than a comparably priced Mustang.
  • stkntrafficstkntraffic Member Posts: 172
    I don't know if you can say that. There are a lot more F150 pickups sold than Corollas and Civics. That doesn't mean the American people view them more highly. They're just different vehicles for different purposes. I had a Mustang GT for many years and loved it. When our kids came along I got rid of it for a sedan. Just different needs for different folks.

I do agree that if you would ask the question, what car gives you the most bang for the buck in terms of power, speed and handling for $20K, a V6 stick Mustang is hard to beat.