Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Mustang Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,896
    A reporter is interested in talking with owners and shoppers of the new Mustang. What do you think of its design? Thanks for responding to pr@edmunds.com by midday Monday, March 27, 2012 with your thoughts and your contact information.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• restomod71restomod71 Posts: 2
    edited March 2012
    We picked up a brand new 2012 Mustang GT Premium Pkg., automatic, with the California Special option and heated seats option. MSRP was $38,290. The sales price was $34,448. Rebates totaled $3,750. Less the rebates, sale price was $30,698. TTL, out the door was $32,931.47.

This was in Houston, Texas in mid-January. There was no-haggling, no BS, no nothing. It was the easiest deal that I've ever had to purchase a new car. I took a copy of their advertised price for that car in to the dealership and said that if it was for sale for that price I'd take it. Four hours later we were out the door in our brand-new Ingot Silver, California Special GT.

I'd say that it was a "Champion" deal. You can find them in Katy, TX. Speak with Kal. He's a class act.
  • wilcoxwilcox Posts: 581
    Hey, that sounds like a steal!

What kind of financing time and percentage rate did they give?

We bet it is hard to listen to the radio when the deep burbble of exhaust sounds so good.

Good luck and drive moderately.
  • I had financing already set up through my credit union. It's at 2.75% for 48 months.

Their financing guy did save me about $400 though. When I was getting ready to put money down, he asked if I had a credit card that had a cash back incentive. I did, and I used it to put down enough that I got about $400 back when I looked at my statement. Not a bad deal at all.

The car is a blast to drive. I don't drive it much though, as it was a present for my better half. It was her birthday present and Christmas present for about the next ten years! She's been driving a '96 GT and she was due for a new one.

I'm waiting for the '13, or perhaps '15 Shelby. We'll see how soon I'm able to pay this one off and go from there.
  • yz1988yz1988 Posts: 1
    Hi all,

It's my first time buying a car and I am thinking about buying a 2013 Mustang V6 with Auto transmission and 102A package. I received a quote for 24381 +TTL. The MSRP is 25485.

There is probably a room for negotiation but how much can I go to get a reasonable price?
    Any opinion helps. Thanks!
  • benraleighbenraleigh Posts: 1
    The car is a base Black on black 2012 GT with the brembo brake package and manual trans. The car was bought in Raleigh NC.

MSRP was $32500. X-Plan brought that down to about $30500. Then got $4000 off to get to $26500 @ 3.8%.

Trade in was 2010 v6 mustang with 16500 miles. Got $17700 for the trade.

60 month loan with payments = $395.0
    Felt like I got a great deal especially on the trade (was expecting 16k). The v8 is worth every $.
  • Hey guys, looking at the following and wondering if anyone bought similar and what you paid
    2013 Premium GT 5.0
    -Manual
    -401A package
    -Electronics Package
    -Brembo Package
    -Rear Camera

Thanks
  • shadenrigalshadenrigal Posts: 3
    edited May 2012
    Westward Ford
    Irving, TX

2012 Performance White Mustang V6 with:
    Rapid 101A spec
    Reverse Sensing and Security Package
    Performance Package
    Manual Transmission

MSRP = $26,090
    I received a $3k dealer discount, $1k rebate and 0% financing for 60 months by taking advantage of the Ford Swap Your Ride sales event. I traded in my 2006 G35 sedan automatic with 96k miles for $9500. I ended up financing $12,590 + TTL.
  • Looking for a V6 Convertible base model. There is none. Automatic transmission is all I want. Every V6 in stock is loaded and push the MSRP to $30K+. And some are $35K. There seems to be nothing under $30K. I searching all dealers within 500 miles.

If I want a coupe, there is the base model and everything in-between. All the convertibles are so loaded that it's out of my price range.

Why is that?
  • I'll post the url of what I'm thinking of buying. (hopefully no one takes it :)

http://maroonefordofmargate.net/Margate/For-Sale/Used/Ford/Mustang/2010-GT-Premi- um-Blue-Car/9854927/

Basically it's a 2010 Ford Mustang GT Convertible for $26,595 with under 14K mile.

I'll try to get it at 25K put 5K down and finance the 20K.
    Just want to get some feed back money wise is it overpriced, just right etc?

And what about the carfax? is that trustworthy?
  • saijsaij Posts: 1
    Hi,

Just picked up a Base V6 2014 , with the automatic transmission.

MSRP was 24,190. There was a 2000$ ford rebate, Got it for 19,900 after all rebates and discounts.
    Dealer was Langway ford in MA. Walked out of the door with 0 down @ 1.96% APR (not ford, but the dealer got the rate which beat my credit union by 0.03%). I thought this was a good deal for a 2014.
  • lasvegasrphlasvegasrph Posts: 85
    Very nice!
    I ordered a 2014 Mustang V6 Convertible Premium automatic trans. with Mustang Club of America Pkg, Comfort Pkg, rear back up camera. MSRP was $35,273. XPlan price is $33,272. Plus I got the $2,000 retail cash, $1,000 lease conquest cash and the $750 Ford Private Cash by mail. Sales price was $29,522 +$100 DOC fee + TTL. Saved $5,750 from sticker price.
  • dat2dat2 Posts: 242
    Just bought a new 2014 GT with track pack. Black, no additional options. MSRP was 34 grand, bought the car for 22000 - 300 dealer private cash - 750 ford private cash - 2000 rebate = about 29 grand plus TTL. I tried to combine the American Quarterhorse rebate (500) but the dealer said I couldn't. I also got a decent trade in on my 2010 370Z Roadster. I think I got a good deal, esp considering it was a 2014 and kinda hard to find equipped that way! :shades:
  • plektoplekto Posts: 3,738
    All I wanted was a V6 with nothing on it and manual and I had to search all over California to get one. But I did manage to find one and it's great. I wanted the base model because the SYNC is Microsoft rubbish, the 19" wheels do nothing to actually make it drive better in daily traffic, and the leather is that fake "pleather" stuff that's sprayed onto a backing. Basically the car can be had with thousands in bling and stuff to break or as a basic car that's faster than a regular Cadillac CTS in the curves and gets almost Honda Civic MPG around town.

All for $20K. Or $2K more than a base model Civic LX with nothing on it. I don't think there's a better deal out there other than maybe the Fusion. As long as you don't spend money on extra junk and options, that is. Summer and fall sales are awesome. And Ford has some crazy incentives compared to, say, Toyota, which never has any.

- These cars are selling for crazy low prices lately. You won't have to haggle much, if any. $20K for a base model is doable. My total amount financed was about $22300 after all was said and done.

- Set up financing via your credit union or bank and avoid the finance department shell games.

- Buy the base model with no options other than the red or green paint. The tricoat paints last more than twice as long as the normal paint as they age. If you don't like the green (awesome, btw), the dark red looks like it was stolen off of a Cadillac or Lexus. It sparkles like paint used to in the 60s and 70s. As it should, since it's essentially the same process of multiple coats of paint and clearcoat mixed together.

- It's not as fancy as the other cars, but compared to Honda Civic or a Chevy Cruze other standard trim level tin cans that are in the $18-$20K range, it's a massive step up and has almost the same level of features standard. An econobox price for a car that's the best cheap commuter out there. With a 300HP V6 and good looks as a bonus. Win-Win-Win scenario :)

- Just keep your foot off the go pedal... It's amazingly easy to find yourself going 80+ without realizing it.

Note : My first two tanks of daily driving in L.A. rush hour traffic netted me 26mpg combined. With 32-34 on the highway at 65mph with cruise control on. I could go fast, but why when it's just going to work and back.
  • ken117ken117 Posts: 196
    Some of us prefer to have a vehicle with the extra junk. Life is short and extra junk sometimes makes life more enjoyable.

A Mustang is a completely different vehicle than a Civic or a Cruze. For folks that are looking for what they offer a Mustang is not a consideration.

Personally I considered the Mustang but found it does not offer the level of refinement I seek.

Enjoy your Mustang, you do not need to denigrate other vehicles to rationalize your purchase.
    I'm not denigrating anything other than the fact that many other vehicles are plainly overpriced, lack the same power and handling, and most of all, are bland, souless jellybeans.

I had $20K to spend on a car and after it was all said and done, I got a great car for just under $20K. I'm happy as can be about it, considering that almost everything else at $20K was an econobox. 300HP, 30mphg highway, and $20K. That's a compelling alternative to a typical economy car.

No, more like it body-slams them and then takes their girlfriend. :P

That the best price you can manage on a Civic EX was $19K is nobody's fault but Honda's. That GM is making cars that look good but have less power and no better MPG than they did 15 years ago shows that there's a massive disconnect in engineering effort. Again, it's not that Ford is making a better car so much as the others are dropping the ball and charging way too much.

The Mustang is an awesome car and it's also an absolute steal if you get it without any overpriced options.

Note - I'm not having a problem at all with the V8. But it makes zero sense to buy the base model and load it up with options.
    Great, the only thing that matters is being pleased with the vehicle and the price paid.

However, reality is not everyone views a base level 300hp faux sports car as the top of the heap. I have considered purchasing a Ford, even a Mustang with many of the overpriced extras. However my past history with Ford was not pleasing. Remember the Aerostar or Bronco II?

Personally I am quite happy with my soulless Acura with its crappy FWD, overpriced extras, and boxy style. Gives me a safe comfortable daily drive and is never in a repair shop. I give all the blame to Honda.

I do think your comments are indeed intended as a bit of an insult to those who purchased what you classify as a soulless jellybean. So it goes!
    edited July 2013
    Well, this IS the Ford Mustang topic here, so it's understandable that there's a bit of a bias. I will tell you, though, that Ford is far more reliable, far more aggressive with its pricing and value, and is clearly aiming for the competition like it never has in the past 20+ years.

It's a $30K car for closer to $20K after the smoke clears. Is it a Cadillac CTS or a Lexus or a BMW 3 series? Or a Cayman? Of course not. But it pounds something like a Civic or a Mazda 3 quite handily. People think about it wrong. It's not that it's a better car than a $35K BMW or G37. Or your Acura. It's that it costs so little and gives you enormous speed, handling, and power compared to everything in that price range.

It's not a sports car. It's an econobox destroyer and the best deal for a first time buyer out there.
    Actually, I like the Mustang. Am looking to pick up a convertible, if I can locate one I like. Of course, it will not be a twenty thousand stripped model. That sort of defeats the purpose of buying a Mustang.

My point is a Mustang is a different vehicle than a Civic and it appeals to a different buyer. It is a red herring to attempt to compare the two. Denigrating an "econo box" to justify purchasing a pretend sports car seems a tad bit of a rationalization.

Just be happy with your choice. No need to attack another's choice.
  • karhill1karhill1 Posts: 108
    It might be good to note a bit a reality. There are a lot more Civics, Corollas, and Elantras on the roads than Mustangs. Apparently, more Americans view those vehicles more highly than a comparably priced Mustang.
  • stkntrafficstkntraffic Posts: 172
    I don't know if you can say that. There are a lot more F150 pickups sold than Corollas and Civics. That doesn't mean the American people view them more highly. They're just different vehicles for different purposes. I had a Mustang GT for many years and loved it. When our kids came along I got rid of it for a sedan. Just different needs for different folks.

I do agree that if you would ask the question, what car gives you the most bang for the buck in terms of power, speed and handling for $20K, a V6 stick Mustang is hard to beat.
  • dat2dat2 Posts: 242
    Just to clarify a comment by the super enthusiastic new mustang buyer, a v6 mustang gets nowhere near the mpg as a civic. I know people driving the newer civics and getting mid 30s easily in city driving. The combine mpg of a base mustang is like 22, the same as a 370z actually! Enjoy your new ride! That's all that's important.
    I'm getting 25 mpg combined with mine. I think it's the manual and the stock gearing/tires that do it. That 25mpg combined is in rush hour traffic. complete with half hour traffic jams, no less. The reality is that it gets very good fuel economy if you drive it right. Though, the on-board fuel economy display is consistently 10-15% lower than what the pump says. It says I get 23mpg, and my receipt says 25. I don't know why Ford would be calculating it so far off, and yes, it is a known issue.

I'll sacrifice a few mpg for the rest of what you get, though. 25mpg for my daily commute is pretty nice compared to the 15mpg I was getting in my old car.
  • loncrayloncray Posts: 301
    I'm enjoying the heck out of my 2013 Mustang GT Convertible. It's a total blast to drive, the mileage really isn't bad (17 or so in stop and go city driving; 22 - 25 on the highway), and it looks like a million bucks when it's clean. No, it's not an AMG Mercedes or Ferrari, but I could buy 3 or 4 Mustangs for that sort of money. I've got all those (expensive) bells and whistles, and I don't regret a one of them.
  • I recently helped my father-in-law purchase a new 2014 Ford Mustang V6 Base 6 speed manual with no options.
    MSRP: $22,200
    Delivery: $795
    Total: $22,995

Dealer Discount: $1395
    Ford incentives: $2500
    Purchase price: $19,100
    Total discount: $3895

The prices paid forum is an incredibly valuable tool and I want to say thank you to all those who have contributed.
    Best regards.
  • Hi everyone, just wanted to get some opinions on whether I should buy a 2014 mustang now or wait until closer to when the 2015's come out?
    Here is what I have negotiated so far with some Oklahoma dealers.
    A 2014 v6, ruby red mustang with auto transmission. MSRP is $24585.
    Rebates are $3,000 currently and I have a $750.00 private offer. So $3,750 total rebates.
    Best deal so far is $19,499. The dealer is giving me a $1,336 discount basically.

Do you think this is a great deal?
    Also whether is think rebates will go higher than $3,000 as the 2015's get closer to coming out?

If I can save even a little more I would be willing to wait.

Thanks!
  • I just bought a 2014 Mustang base in manual ($22,200) with the V6 Performance Package ($1995) and the Tech/SYNC Package ($1295). That, plus the $795 delivery charge totals $26,285 MSRP. My dealer discounted the price to $22,700, AND I got another $3500 in rebates -- $19,200 for a truly great car. I am very pleased. It probably helped that I bought the car in the last hours of New Year's Eve -- the last selling day of the last selling month of 2013. I thought about waiting until later in the year for a potentially better discount, but you can't bank on future rebates, and the very rare V6 Performance Package would be almost impossible to find then.

edited February 11

You won't get a better deal with the 2015. It's new, has more issues to work out, weighs about the same, (the base model is the same weight - it's the turbo for my guess would be $25K that saves you 200 lbs), and is going to cost you MSRP, period, for the first year due to the fanboys driving prices up. Your total loan after taxes and license will probably be close to 30K. The Mustang to get will be the next generation after this upcoming one (2018 would be my guess) - the real major update. This one is to much evolution and not enough revolution.

You can buy a basic Corolla for $19K or a Mustang for $19K. Um... Yeah. Thought so.

EDIT - That Ruby Red Tricoat is basically laquer-style 70s paint (multiple coats of color and clearcoat mixed together). It'll last twice as long as normal paint and look better as well. Get the car and don't look back.

One thing to note, though, if you can possibly get the FP6 package, GET IT. The Ruby Red and FP6 makes the car look like a $30K+ car. I'd take it over the "Performance" package any day.

• Hi guys

Apologize in advance for the long post. I've driven German cars for soooo long I'm really conflicted about whether or not to get a new GT and need your advice and thoughts.

I'm considering the new 2015 GT and am curious about the horsepower. The last Mustang GT I bought was the new 1988 GT when I was in the Army had I think... 225 HP. Great car really the most fun to drive car I've ever owned and it just smoked anything stock it came up against back then. My wife is Thai and... she used to the silly Tokyo drift movies and I explained to her that long before the spikey haired mall ninjas were "drifting"...we used to do power slides in our old pony cars. Anyway we've been driving Mercedes and Bimmers for years (and I will never own a (GM) Gubment motors car EVER again) and I'm considering trading in my 328i for a 2015 Mustang GT. I have an hour long commute each day and live on a twisty mountain road the 328i handles like a champ and has plenty of zip in sport mode...great style...yet...I have to admit having a 302 V8 that promises noticeably more HP than the current 420...nice...I've driven the new 2013-14 V6 Base Mustangs as rentals on business trips and no offense to anyone but they just don't do anything for me. The steering feels really soft and the interior looks dated vs. retro to me. Also the V6 power seems to lag even though my 2007 328i only has 230 HP...it feels considerably more powerful and more available. That said I'm bored with 3-series...the new ones except for the top of the line models just don't feel like they are worth the price when you sit in them. I spend 2 hours a day in my car so I want something with the power, interior quality and overall fit and finish to stand up to the righteous pounding I give my cars. My old GT so many years ago was great in these departments.

So bottom line: what's the expected GT horsepower expected to be?

Thanks!

• Hi guys

Apologize in advance for the long post. I've driven German cars for soooo long I'm really conflicted about whether or not to get a new GT and need your advice and thoughts.

I'm considering the new 2015 GT and am curious about the horsepower. The last Mustang GT I bought was the new 1988 GT when I was in the Army had I think... 225 HP. Great car really the most fun to drive car I've ever owned and it just smoked anything stock it came up against back then. My wife is Thai and... she used to the silly Tokyo drift movies and I explained to her that long before the spikey haired mall ninjas were "drifting"...we used to do power slides in our old pony cars. Anyway we've been driving Mercedes and Bimmers for years (and I will never own a (GM) Gubment motors car EVER again) and I'm considering trading in my 328i for a 2015 Mustang GT. I have an hour long commute each day and live on a twisty mountain road the 328i handles like a champ and has plenty of zip in sport mode...great style...yet...I have to admit having a 302 V8 that promises noticeably more HP than the current 420...nice...I've driven the new 2013-14 V6 Base Mustangs as rentals on business trips and no offense to anyone but they just don't do anything for me. The steering feels really soft and the interior looks dated vs. retro to me. Also the V6 power seems to lag even though my 2007 328i only has 230 HP...it feels considerably more powerful and more available. That said I'm bored with 3-series...the new ones except for the top of the line models just don't feel like they are worth the price when you sit in them. I spend 2 hours a day in my car so I want something with the power, interior quality and overall fit and finish to stand up to the righteous pounding I give my cars. My old GT so many years ago was great in these departments.

So bottom line: what's the expected GT horsepower expected to be?

Thanks!