Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Ford Mustang Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665
    VP......My pleasure....glad I could help. Have fun in your new Mustang.
    2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
  • huck1huck1 Member Posts: 9
    Have just convinced my wife to agree on an 06 but I'm afraid to take her to the dealership cause I don't think she will be able to reach the pedals. Are my fears well founded? And if so, are there any adjustment kits out there.
    Please help!!!

Huck
  • fsvfsv Member Posts: 196
    I testdrove one on Friday. A convertible. Liked: the best driver seat I can remember. Very quiet with the top up or down, easy to bring it down. Interior worked for me. Didn't like - V6, which is the same as in my Mountaineer< just didn't perform at all. I am under impression, that my Mountaineer would be a much faster vehicle. May be calipers on Mustang were frozen? No other explanation. Rear seat - you just can not use it - I don't know, if it is possible for anybody to seat there? What else? Yeah, it had 18 inch optional wheels - you feel every crack in th road surface. A pothole feels like a direct hit of an anti-tank missle. And Shaker 1000 didn't impress me to begin with. When I saw, how much space a subwoofer eats up in trunk, I liked it even less. What's wrong with a subwoofer under the seats? :confuse:
  • njlimenjlime Member Posts: 2
    I was also concerned about my wife being able to reach the pedals & see out over the dash. She is barely 5' 3".We just picked up our '05 GT Convertible on Friday.

My wife drove last night for the first time.
    It would be better if the car had adjustable pedals like my 2003 Explorer, but my wife felt confident & comfortable. Go for it !!

Great car !!
    I was a bit curious why Ford didn't offer adjustable pedals on the Mustang given they offer them on just about everything else they sell. Those are becoming kind of a "gotta have" option for Fords because they are the only company that offers them on so many models. Perhaps they think the SUV or mini-van crowd are the only people that want them.

The main reason I didn't get the Shaker 1000 was because of the sub's intrusion in the trunk. While I like my Shaker 500, the after market crowd wouldn't be happy with either. While stock stereos have improved dramatically over the last 5 years, they still aren't going to please the "thump-thump" crowd. They're just fine for me, however.

I used to have an RX8. Loved the idea of the suicide doors to enter into the back seat. But, the few times people rode back there, they felt claustrophobic. I don't know of anyone who is ever pleased with the back seat of any coupe. It's just something that you live with. Back seat room isn't a high priority with me.

My philosophy (a selfish one), as long as I don't have to ride back there, I don't particularly care. IF it's a major concern, then any coupe isn't going to be very satisfactory. The new Charger maybe a more pallatable alternative to the Mustang.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,146
    A reporter wishes to speak with people who have recently purchased a Ford Mustang. She would like to discuss your ownership experience and what other cars you considered. If you would like to speak with her please send your name and daytime phone number to Pam Krebs, Edmunds.com PR, at pkrebs@edmunds.com by 12 noon Tuesday, June 28. Thank you.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• caballocaballo Member Posts: 6
    How are some of you getting 06 pricing? I've talked to two dealers about placing orders and they've told me they simply do not have pricing for the 06 model.
  • waitingjoewaitingjoe Member Posts: 4
    A few years ago I was washing my wife's Eagle Talon. Washing the first rim, I noticed it was dented. "Bummer" I thought. I wasn't to surprised to see that the next rim on the same side was dented also. "Musta been a big pot hole" I thought. Went around to the other side and both rims were dented also. I ask her "Honey, how did you dent all four rims?" "I don't know." she said.
    There is no way in hell you dent all 4 rims.. and don't know how you did it!!!! I got the same story for various other dings, dents and scrapes on the car.
    We got her a Honda CRV 2 years ago. She is a smoker. She didn't want to trash the interior of her new CRV so she vowed not to smoke in it which made me very happy. She even took the cup holder instead of the ashtray option!! A couple months after having the CRV I noticed a rather large burn hole in the back seat... the kind you get when a smoker try's to flick their cig out the window but if flys back in through the rear window.... well she did admit to it (only after I asked what happened) but claimed it wasn't her fault... it was really windy that day... it was the winds fault.
    Then there is the mysterious scratches all around the door handle. It's odd that these scratches only appear around the doors that also have locks on them, the drivers door being the worst by far. The two rear doors have no scratches (no locks on them). Now, any reasonably intelligent person can quickly deduce that the culprit of the scratches is a persons keys. When left in the hand that trys to open the door after unlocking the door, you can imagine what it will eventually do to the paint around the door handle. Any ways, when I asked how she got all those scratches around the door handles... you guessed it.. "I don't know!"

Bottom line,... when I told her I was getting a GT she was pretty excited about having a sporty car back in our driveway (after 20 minutes of accusing me of going through a mid-life crisis). Her elation was quickly ended though, when I informed her that she would not be allowed to drive it... ever.
    "Why?" she asked.

"I don't know." I said.

Then, with her look of shock and utter disbelief that I would say that, I took her gently by the hand and we walked out to her CRV. I said nothing just simply pointed to the burn in the back seat and to all the "I don't know"s... and pretty much left it at that.
    To those that wish the peddles adjusted so your wife could drive the car... All I can say is... Be careful what you wish for!!!
  • frisconickfrisconick Member Posts: 1,275
    LOL !!! Very funny post, and my wife does the same thing!!!! :cry: We would go shopping and she would put groceries on the roof, and then slide the bags off the roof scraching the roof. I would show her the scrach marks, and she would deny they even existed. :cry:
  • purplegtpurplegt Member Posts: 22
    Hey there Graphicguy....been away from the message board for awhile, well, I signed up for my 2006....the dealer claimed he had never heard of any more than a priority 10...claims he called his rep. I doubt it. So, I did end up getting a priority 10. We pushed quite hard for a 2, he wouldn't budge.

Says he only has 2 GT's on order right now, and one is mine, and the other is the guy who ordered right after I did in Nov. 04. He basically admitted that the biggest problem is yes, he's a small dealership and he doesn't have enough allotment granted to him. If I had known that in the beginning, I could have ordered at the dealer just 16 miles north and would have had one by now, as they are also a Roush dealer.

Guess the other guy who ordered when I did really came into the dealership quite hot under the collar about his car, said he was ready to kick the guy out because he made such a fuss. Well, he had a reason to be hot!

He jacked the price by $700.00. Says the cost for making the 2006 from the factory is more. That cracks me up, its the same car for gods sake, you're just putting a 2006 tag on it! Of course I walked out of there feeling like I was dealing with a JERK as he made the comments of they sold it to me way under MSRP, well yeah, you offered it in November 04, is that my fault? And you haven't produced either.

I'm only holding out and still working with them as I know I'm not going to get this price anywhere else in the area I live in. So I wait...and wait...and wait. Think I'll have my 2006 by September with a priority 10 and a dealer that has a small allotment? He showed me paperwork he had got from Ford earlier that allowed him only one convertible, he got his one and has already sold it...

I'm at the point of I'll believe I'm really getting it when I see it!

Have a great 4th of July weekend! :shades:
    Did Ford underestimate the demand for the GT? :mad:
    They majorly underestimated the demand for the GT...as you can see from a few of my postings here, I ordered mine in November of 2004!! And yes, I'm quite disgusted. Plus to top it off I ordered from a dealer that has low allocation. I was told by my dealer that 13,000 cars (GT's) ordered are not going to get made. Anyone you can find that HAS a GT, you'll pay through the nose for. Most of the mustangs in my area of Wisconsin we are seeing are the V6 model, they are making them like crazy, or at least it seems, so now let's get busy on the V8's for those of us who are WAITING. What ticks me off the worst is, I've been waiting since last November, and now I'm basically back in line for my 2006, Ford didn't even have the nicety of putting those of us who have been waiting first in line. Needless to say, if I could get ahold of someone at Ford to talk to, they'd get a big piece of my mind. After this hassle, this most likely will be the last Ford I ever buy, they can't even provide decent customer service. :mad: As I understand it also, they shipped alot of the GT's to southern states to dealers because of warm weather and likely more sales for them....ya know, there are those of us in the midwest that would like ours too!!
  • vppreachervppreacher Member Posts: 72
    purplegt,
    I'm one of those Southen state sales (Jacksonville, FL). I've had a TOTALLY different buying experience. I think the difference is the dealership. I don't fault Ford for miscalculating demand. It was a simple mistake and we all make them. Ford undeniably underestimated the GT model's popularity, but who can blame them when the car has exceeded aesthetic and performance expectations by leaps and bounds. I will tell you this car is sublime. It is so more than the sum of its parts and those parts are pretty damn amazing. Also, didn't Ford increase the MY build by over 50%? Making more GTs can't be that easy or simple (EPA requirements, factory retooling, conflicts between different models with parts commonalities, etc) or Ford would have done it in their pursuit of profit. The other side of the coin is increasing production, but decreasing quality control. That would be counterproductive.

I do understand and think you should walk your hard earned money over to an honest, reputable dealer. Someone who gives a customer the runaround should wither on the economic vine. I wish you the best and hope you get your Stang as soon as possible.
    It seems that American car makers just can't get things right. :cry: They finally have a hot product and then tick everyone off due to under-production. The GT is very hot, and they should have known it was very competitve with Japanese and German sports coupes. Maybe a lack of confidence.
    purple....you've made all the right moves and asked all the right questions. Priority 10 is probably the best you can hope for. If my dealer is to be believed, then priority 2 is something reserved only for "problem cases". While I wasn't a "problem case", my late Father was a truck fleet customer who had done a lot of business with the dealership. That's the only reason I got the priority I got.

While, you can try to blame Ford for underestimating demand, I don't know how they could have predicted such high demand for any product. They did indeed raise production by 40,000 units when they saw demand was going to outstrip their already "bumped" up production (over '04 MY).

Plus, it's not just a simple issue of running more shifts at the plant. They have to rely on suppliers to meet higher demand and tighter delivery schedules. They need their other plants to bump production of other components. They even had a shortage of the IUP option for a while (which is probably why you'll see more base models than you see "loaded" models).

Add to that, from all outward appearances, it looks like Ford actually priced the Mustang GT too low (how often do you see that). That will translate into higher demand also. You must can't get this level of performance, handling, features and build quality anywhere near the Mustang's price (even at MSRP). Saying the styling is a "hit" would be a gross understatement. That also affected demand.

Ford also bumped up GT production. I'm sure they have very high confidence in the Mustang. Their historical numbers showed that 30% of Mustang buyers get a V8 version. I'm sure they had no idea that the number would be closer to 50% wanting a GT.
  • frnkrzzofrnkrzzo Member Posts: 87
    ...and they just found another customer willing to pay $2995 over msrp. can you really blame them for not giving you a "bargain"?......the law of supply and demand. If you want a bargain, get one of those but-ugly p/t cruisers. they were selling for 5000 or more over msrp when they came out, i think chrysler is now paying peole to take them. why cry about the free market? personnally, i salute the dealership that stuck to their guns and demanded a premium price for a premium car.
    I'm assuming you, and all who write similar posts are the same bunch of guys that were posting messages back in september saying how only a fool would buy one then. "wait until february or march until the rebates hit. ford will be giving these things away by then." i even saw a post by someone asking for advice after a dealer offered him a gt on x-plan....he was thinking he could wait and do better. i went ahead and bought one of the first ones out of local dealer stock. no waiting, no problems. i paid full ticket for it, but was never asked to pay more than that. I've been enjoying mine for about 9 months now while you have been spewing hate mail.

if i were you, i'd hold off till february or march of 06. by then, rebates will have hit and ford will be giving these things away. good luck.

:P
    Enjoy your dude LOL great points. :P
    I mean enjoy your ride dude :cry:
    I think some people are coming late to the party. They've been thinking about the Mustang.
    Then, they decide they are going to stick their toes in the water and try to buy one.

For most, they can't find one (expecially GTs). Once they do, they are expecting X% off MSRP, or at least some sort of rebates. None of that is available since Ford and their dealerships are selling every Mustang they can get their hands on.

Then the wailing begins...."Ford did this on purpose (undestimating demand).....dealers are ripping me off at MSRP.....I found a car I like, but no one will deal....etc".

Short story is, Ford has a hit on their hands. They've bumped production as high as they can and still can't meet demand. It doesn't look like the demand will subside, even into the next model year ('06). So, if you've found a Mustang you like sitting on the lot (rare) and the dealer is sticking to MSRP, buy it. That's what the market is for this car.

You can wait to see if demand slacks off and deals begin, but don't expect it in the foreseeable future. Even if you wait, you can bet that future price increases will offset any $$$ off MSRP that you'll save today. I saw one article that stated for the next 18 months, demand will be high for the Mustang (GT).

To me, that's a good thing. That tells me that resale on the current iteration will be very good.

Or, if you really want similar performance and you don't mind derivative styling and sloppier handling, you can always buy a GTO. GM is offering those at the employee price. Still, that price is north of $30K (about the same as a Mustang convertible).

Then again, you've got the Dodge Charger that just hit the streets. You should be able to get a deal on those in about 2-3 months, if you don't mind a 4 door, automatic trans car with a hemi.
  • knowisdomknowisdom Member Posts: 5
    I finally received my 05 stang on July 1st and it was well worth the wait, my gopd this car is the most gorgeous thing I have ever seen in my life. I got the V6 and man is it plenty of power!! I am 24, and for someone under 25, the v6 makes a lot of sense it has plenty power and the insurance costs less. I got the My Color feature though they said it would not be availible because of some legal issues. I have the red leather interior and my lumbar support, this is the most perfect car!! freat design, great performance and oh so beautiful!! Though there are a lot of 05's on the road, mine really stands out for its red interior, alloy wheels and spinners----Oh man I am in love!! :P ;)
    Congrats on your new ride!!! Enjoy. ;)
    Hate to tell you this, but no, I didn't wait to order for better pricing in Feb or March, nor was I one who in September saying only a fool would buy one then. I ordered mine in November of 2004...yes, 2004. And it's now July 7th and I still have no Mustang GT. That is my gripe. I got about $1800 under MSRP on the pricing as I was the first person at that particular dealership to order a GT from them, and it was getting into winter here in Wisconsin, so the dealership was looking for a sale. Sure, they had got a couple of GT's on their lot, but they were not the color I was looking for and they didn't have the options I wanted in the car. Believe me, I know what kind of car I'm getting and I know the pricing is right. I currently own a 1996 Mustang GT and love it. So as I'm reading all these posts of those who did wait and order their vehicle in March 2005 and they have already taken delivery, and I've yet to see mine, yes, that is a reason to be ticked at Ford and my dealership. I'm getting a run around from both Ford customer service when calling and from my dealership. Pretty much stuck waiting and Ford isn't being decent enough to their customers who have been waiting for months and have had to re-order to a 2006 model to put them first in line for the new ones - we're back waiting in line all over again, and wondering if we'll ever get one. After already waiting for 8 months. I know all about the shortage of V8 engines and the my color option shortage, etc, etc, etc. Yes, they didn't expect the demand they had, but they should have a better way of providing the vehicle to customers who were first in line to order and still have NO car.....I'll be jumping for joy if I ever get to see that Torch Red Premium GT I ordered.......
    Thanks Graphic....I must say, you have been the most helpful person to me thru out this whole process I've been through the last 8 months, without your insight, I'd not have known what to ask, didn't know there was such a thing as priority codes when ordering, etc....

I've had my current GT for 10 years now so haven't had to dive into the auto buying process for a long time, let alone get into such a hassle trying to buy a 2005, which will hopefully now be a 2006!

I started out in my teens & 20's owning 3 different VW bugs, went to a Trans Am, then a AWD Eagle Talon, which was a blast to drive. Then my 96 GT. I'd wanted a Mustang since high school and finally got my wish! Now I'm hooked.

I know what a hot car I've got on order, but I'm just ticked I've had to wait since November of 2004 for it. And having to get back in line all over again for a 2006 with no promise nor idea when/if I'll ever get it. Specially when some ordered in March of 2005 and already have theirs, Ford is letting a computer pick who gets what and when, instead of fulfilling orders as they are ordered.

Anyway, thanks again for your help and suggestions, I'll keep in touch and hopefully one of these days i'll be able to give you a big YIPPPPEEE!!!! IT'S HERE NOTE!! LOL....... :P
    purple...as always, my pleasure and glad I could help. Unfortunately, I've heard your scenario all too often.

At this juncture, I can't tell if the ordering routine with no car in sight is a dealer problem or a plant problem.

At first glance, I'd think it's a dealer problem. Like you, I bought mine in the dead of winter when car sales in general were stagnant. That's why you and I got deals well below MSRP. Once spring hit, and it became clear to the dealers that the Mustang was a runaway success, it became clear they didn't have to discount the Mustang (GT) to sell it. Some were getting crazy money for any GT they could get their hands on.

I had heard more than a few stories of people ordering and paying under MSRP and, "poof", their order disappeared or couldn't be tracked. Same person, offering to pay MSRP, all of a sudden their car was miraculously "found" or ordered and delivered within 8 weeks (not 8 months). One person even found his X plan Mustang GT (complete with matching VIN #s) on his dealer's back lot. All the while the dealer stating the car wasn't even built yet. Fact is, the dealer had sold the ordered Mustang to someone else for MSRP. That was the entire reason it was sitting in the back lot....awaiting PDI and delivery to the person who paid more.

Is this the case in your scenario? I don't know.

Even though dealers are stand alone business entities (franshisees), separate from the factory, Ford chould have put pressure on the dealers to honor customer orders....mayve set up a "Mustang order task force" to do nothing but track customer cars.

As it stands, I can feel and understand your frustration. If my dealer hadn't been so "upfront" with me about my order, and I hadn't known about priorities, allotment, VOCs, etc, I could be in the same boat since mine was an X plan car.

Just for giggles, I think I'd take a Saturday afternoon and go to 4-5 different Ford dealers in your area and ask them what their status for '06 Mustang ordering is. See how many agree or disagree with what you're hearing from your present dealer. Even see if they agree with each other. That could give you a bit of insight on what's going on with Mustangs in your area.

BTW, I always thought those AWD Turbo Talons were hot little numbers when they were on the street.

Keep us posted.
  • drewlee13drewlee13 Member Posts: 1
    Got a call from a local dealer (metro detroit area) stating that he had an 05 Black Mustang GT Premium on the lot from a order that did not go thru. So I ran right up and test drove the car. Loved it. Since it was 6:10 on a friday 7/1, he said we could finish the deal on 7/5 (tuesday) Called him and did the whole credit app thing. Sales guy called back and stated that I was approved. I stated that I wanted to call my bank for a better rate, which I did and got 5.25%. Called him right back because I needed the VIN so that they could fedex me the check. He did not return my call until the next morning 7/6. He then faxed me the purchase agreement (x plan) just $1300 under MSRP. He then called me back 15 minutes later and said that another sales manager sold the car for cash and that it was GONE!. Translation....Someone came in and offered MSRP or more for the car so we sold it! WTF!. The dealer is really nice about it but can do nothing about it. They cannot get another 05 GT, and they are willing to order me a 06 that after reading these posts I may get sometime in 06' , gee thanks. I then called customer service and what a waste off time that is. I cannot believe that even though dealership are seperate, that there is no one at Ford Motor Company that oversees the dealerships interaction. After all these are FORD cars, right? Does anyone know someone to talk to at Ford Motor Company? There has to be someone who can help. Someone who can atleast ensure that we get an 06 timely.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • gnxdanmangnxdanman Member Posts: 18
    Graphic writes......or most, they can't find one (expecially GTs). Once they do, they are expecting X% off MSRP, or at least some sort of rebates.
    Then the wailing begins...."Ford did this on purpose (undestimating demand).....dealers are ripping me off at MSRP.....I found a car I like, but no one will deal....etc". So, if you've found a Mustang you like sitting on the lot (rare) and the dealer is sticking to MSRP, buy it. That's what the market is for this car.

Graphicguy, Ford is going to Offer their employee price discount INCLUDING the Mustang V6 and GT shortly. People should just WAIT till then to buy/order it. You will get a decent price. I know the ultra expensive 2 seater GT will be excluded from the program though!!

Graphic writes.....Or, if you really want similar performance and you don't mind derivative styling and sloppier handling, you can always buy a GTO. GM is offering those at the employee price. Still, that price is north of $30K (about the same as a Mustang convertible).

For now. Starting August 1st, GTO is ExCLUDED from GM's employee pricing program, along with Corvette and medium duty GMC Pickups !!
    Graphic writes I don't know of anyone who is ever pleased with the back seat of any coupe. It's just something that you live with. Back seat room isn't a high priority with me.

I have to disagree with you on that one. The GTO coupe backseat is very impressive and just as comfortable as the front seats! The "GM" W body coupes, Monte SS and ex Grand Prix coupes were very roomy in back as well !! nearly 36" rear leg room vs only 30" in Mustang.

Graphic writes My philosophy (a selfish one), as long as I don't have to ride back there, I don't particularly care. IF it's a major concern, then any coupe isn't going to be very satisfactory.

I DISAGREE again, I have to ride in the back occasionally, mother in law gets picked up etc. After 1+ hr in backseat, very comfortable in GTO, just like front seats. A full sized adult me at 5'10 fits quite nicely back there with room to spare. Kudos to Holden on that one. Certain Mercedes Coupes are quite comfortable in back too. Of course, you don't buy a mustang for the backseat, best for kids or stereo equipment like subwoofers to sit on.

The accord Coupe is semi decent as well. Mustangs have always had useless backseats for adults anyway.
    The V6 is noisy/unrefined/coarse in the New Mustang esp if you floor it or are hard on it. It's a truck/SUV engine taken from Explorer/Ranger? At normal driving it's ok, but if you nail it, very CRUDE sounding. The 3800 in my GM cars was more refined.

You don't want the 18" wheels, go with the 17", 18" will give you a bigger/harder turning radius esp. in mall parking lots and you will feel more bumps and more chance to damage wheel.

You would have figured Ford would have been able to put the Subwoofer in the rear deck or under the seats like most cars to preserve space, esp. trunk space.
    I think Ford did underestimate demand for GT/V8 cars.....Traditionally the V6 BASE mustang accounts for nearly 2/3 or 66% of Mustang sales. This year, the V6 is only 55% of sales. V8 is more popular.
    graphic writes Add to that, from all outward appearances, it looks like Ford actually priced the Mustang GT too low (how often do you see that). That will translate into higher demand also. You must can't get this level of performance, handling, features and build quality anywhere near the Mustang's price (even at MSRP)

Sorry got to disagree again. You got to check the facts Graphic
    WRX easily outhandles the Mustang and comes close 0-60 for same or less $$ and offers 4 doors.

SRT-4 is $22k or less, similar perf. numbers to Mustang and similar handling, near .90 skidpad.

In dollar per horsepower GTO is same or cheaper then Stang

Even the FAMILY CAR Grand Prix/Impala now has more hp and torque then Mustang for similar price, 303hp + 325torque large/med 4 door with big trunk. 5.9 seconds and 27 EPA highway with 4 spd automatic!! Advantage of FWD for snow/rain.

There are cars that BEAT or MATCH or COME close to Stang for SIMILAR or LESS $$.
  • convertgalconvertgal Member Posts: 2
    Graphicguy, Ford is going to Offer their employee price discount INCLUDING the Mustang V6 and GT shortly. People should just WAIT till then to buy/order it. You will get a decent price. I know the ultra expensive 2 seater GT will be excluded from the program though!!

FORD is NOT offering the employee discount on the MUSTANGS. Look closer at the add. They do not need to offer it on them. They sell themselves at the current price. Why would Ford lower the price? It sure would be nice though. About the best deal you are going to get is if you can get the x-plan (if you can find a dealership willing to honor it, and there are some out there, you just have to look) Also, the college grad $500 rebate is available on the V6, if you apply of course!
  • caballo1caballo1 Member Posts: 1
    Hate to sound like a cheerleader, but don't give up. I finally got fed up with the non-responsiveness from my big city dealer who didn't seem to know squat about the 06 so I decided to contact every small town dealer in my area and hit paydirt after about 6-7 calls/e-mails.

I just picked up an 05 GT Coupe Premium with IUP, Shaker 500, etc. at X plan. I don't share the info to gloat, but just to point out that if you hit the right dealer at the right time you can still find a GT at a good price.

Turns out the dealer I purchased from had a very large allotment of GT's (near a military base) and he needed to move some inventory. I was surprised to see this small town dealer carrying Roush and Saleen GT's as well. So net is that you may want to contact smaller dealers around military bases to see if you can also get a GT.

If you're in Texas let me know and I'll let you know the dealer and sales person I dealt with.
  • sonicblucrisissonicblucrisis Member Posts: 52
    Dealer called Monday, got final build sheet.
    Apparently on the truck/train on Tuesday.
    Thursday morning, arrived at the dealership lot
    Thursday afternoon, I'm a little deeper in debt with a HUGE smile on my face.
    2005 GT convertible, Sonic Blue, Parchment top and interior, about all the upgrades except the Shaker 1000 (might need the trunk space). Oh my God, she's beautiful! Picked her up just before remnants of T.S. Cindy blew through town, so Thursday night was spent in the garage :( . Friday was a different story, however. I got to put a few miles on her on the back roads, and this car is everything I hoped for. Handling, power, head turning ratio; all off the charts! I'm not sure I'm going to get the grass cut or any other chores done this summer!

I know this not an advertising forum, but I want to publicly give major kudos to University Ford in Durham, NC. When I made my order in March, the dealer wouldn't even take my deposit until they were sure the car would fit in their 2005 allotment. When I finally was called about getting a car this summer, they had me in as a priority 10 and had delivery date pegged (in early June) as July 10. They were honest and straight forward all the way, and they have won a customer for life. Price? I paid MSRP, not a penny more, and am happy to have done so. No one tried to push paint protection, undercoating, extended warranty, or any of that other garbage on me.
    Alllright! Lets go Cruizin' :shades: :shades: :shades:
    "Thursday afternoon, I'm a little deeper in debt with a HUGE smile on my face. "

Funny and great news. That's the way it's supposed to go.

Congrats!!!! :D
    What a cool post :) Cruiz on man :shades:
    I have decided to buy a G35 coupe, and I am asking you Mustang GT fans to convince me not to. I would really appreciate your help, I am going to pull the trigger tomorrow.
  • vppreachervppreacher Member Posts: 72
    Gratz!

Maybe you should change your username to sonicblujoy now?!

frisconick,
    LOL! Don't do it man! Step away from the G35, Sir! PUT YOUR CHECKBOOK DOWN AND WALK BACK SLOWLY FROM THE INFINITI DEALERSHIP!
    LOL :P

Great post, thanks. But the GT is an expensive ride too. I have decided to wait untill the end of the month to see if dealers are a little more willing to deal. ;)
  • dweller1dweller1 Member Posts: 39
    caballo1,
    I am interested in contacting the dealer you bought from. My email is in my profile.I would be really interested in a dealer honoring x plan on a gt. thanks , jay
  • wildhorsewildhorse Member Posts: 10
    Yup our paper says NO MUSTANGS in that employee price deals. And a note to those thinking of the the Pontiac...we will never buy from them again after having a Bonneville go through 6 alternators in 2 years. Finally traded off the car right after the last new alternator was put in. I believe the car was a 96 or 97. Anyway I still do love our Mustang...its so hard to not drive it and get into the 98 chevy truck that just turned over 100,000 miles. :cry:
    A chevy truck LOL :P
  • wildhorsewildhorse Member Posts: 10
    I have real horses so still need the truck for ranch things. :)
    Can I ride on of your horses? I am a city boy, but I have been on horses all my live. :)
    the really cool thing is, even though i paid msrp back in november, ford has actually quietly raised the base price by about $700 since then....so i guess i got one for 700 under msrp. i got money saying ford will bump the base price of a gt by at least another $1000 if not more for 2006......and they will still sell every freeking one they can make. keep waiting, bargain hunters. i'm sure it's going to work out fine for you. you can make fun of me once the big rebates and discounts start. no later than march of 2004 if i remember correctly.
  • lavrishevolavrishevo Member Posts: 312
    I was able to negotiate my price down to under invoice. I paid 21,100.00 for V6 with the sport package, "leather" and shaker 500. Also had the classic style rims with the spinners on them. Torch red with black interior. Being a rim lover I had to take those off and put some saucy 20" chrome baby's on there. Anyway you got to work it to get a good price. I refuse to ever pay MSRP. But it may also depend on the mood of the sales manager at the time.... dealerships are out to play you so you got to play them back.

Daniel
    05 V6, MMR intake, Magnaflow, 20" Chrome Rims on 245/35/20 Toyo Proxis's, SCT custom tune.
    http://www.allfordmustangs.com/photopost/showphoto.php/photo/25334/cat/500/ppuser/23762
    So, Frisconick, What did you get?
  • jaykobyjaykoby Member Posts: 1
    Hey everyone, ben reading this forum since the middle of March. Got scared for a while there because I wasn't sure when I was going to get my GT, but I am happy to say that I finally picked her up from the dealer last Saturday after waiting just over 4 months for the car. Ordered the car on March 3, had a priority of 10, was told at the time 3 months. I kept calling my dealer once a week for status of the car and at one time was told it may not be built and I would have to get an '06. Then around June 20th I got a call saying the car was being built and would arrive on 7/7. Windveil Blue, IUP, 17" wheels, manual, shaker 1000. Absolutley love this car!!! Driving home all I could do was smile and laugh. This is my first new car and the wait was worth it. Now I am in debt for the next 5 years!!! Lol!!! Anyway, just wanted to say that even though it took a while to get the car, I am glad I got it and I cannot rave enough about this car. I love the looks I get from people while driving it, and the sound, man nothing beats the sound!!! For those of you waiting, have patience, this baby is worth it!!!
    Congrats, Jaykoby. The enthusiasm goes on and on! Got mine July 7th, and I know exactly how you feel. Enjoy the envious looks, burbling exhaust, and the open road awaits
    Ford has had a couple of price increases on the '05 Mustang. I got mine before any of them (knocking on wood). It's not clear what the price for the '06s will be.

You can make deals on V6s. GT's are another matter, entirely.

fris.....G35s are nice cars. Much different than a Mustang, however.

I don't think anyone is going to try to talk you out of the G35. If you've driven a Mustang GT and it didn't grab you, then I'd stick with the G35. It won't be as fast nor as visceral as the Mustang, but you've got that "warm & fuzzy" feeling that Infiniti dealers will give you. You'll also have to pay more for that G35.

But, if you're in love with it, that's what you should get.