Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Ford Mustang Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665
    That deal is right at or a little below invoice. Can you give the details of the deal (MSRP?, '05? '06? options? dealer name? any dealer add-ons? financing details?).
    2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
  • shalushalu Member Posts: 9
    Hi,
    Iam Planning to buy a v6 premium ,can you give me some info on the best dealers that can negotiate on price.

regards
    shalu
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    Hi shalu,
    You need to let us know in which part of the country you're shopping in order for members to make recommendations.

kirstie_h
    Roving Host
    Host, Future Vehicles & Smart Shopper discussions

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

Hi,

Iam shopping in MA,NJ,PA.Hope some of the nicest people can guide me to the right dealer and the right sales person.

Regards
    Shalu.
    shalu....are you looking for an '05 or '06? What options are you looking for?
    Since we don't allow info about specific salespeople, you'll have to rely on graphicguy and others just to steer you toward the right dealership.

kirstie_h
    Roving Host

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Hi ,

Thanks for your response Kirstie_h , I am looking for an 05 or 06 mustang , with options like Shaker Audio , ABS traction control , Interior Upgrade , Exterior Sports Appearance package , Interior Color accent (red leather bucket seats- If possible )- this is an optional thing though .

I am looking for a black mustang, with Dark charcoal ( or preferable red leather bucket seats ).

If anyone could gimme the dealers names I would be happy.

Thankyou

Regards
    Shalu
    shalu...thanks, that helps. So what you're looking for is one pretty well all loaded up. There's good news and there's bad news. The bad news is about every '05 GT is sold. You might find a dealer here or there that has an '05 sitting on their lot from a customer order that was cancelled. Don't count on that, though.

You can go a couple of different ways. The first is to comb the dealers lots around your area (Ford WEB site is the best way to search inventory) to see if any of them have what you're looking for on their lot (probably not). The easiest way to get what you want is to order one from a local dealer. You just have to be patient. It may take 2-3 months to get one (maybe even longer). The Mustang GT is a "hot commodity". It's been that way since they hit the showrooms almost a year ago. It doesn't look like it's letting up any, either (my dealer is sold out of his '06 GT allotment through January).

If you know of anyone who works for Ford or one of their suppliers, you want to get cozy with them to give you an "X-Plan" PIN number. That would allow you to buy a Mustang GT at near invoice. Don't count on that either, though. Again, the car is "hot" and dealers don't have to offer any sort of discount plan since it's totally voluntary.

Let's say you're looking for an '06 GT. You want a "Premium" model since you're looking for the Shaker stereo and other goodies. We've got the IUP and ICAP options. I'll assume you're looking for a manual transmission.

MSRP would be $27,640. Be prepared to pay that amount as that's what the market is on these cars. Confirm the pricing via Edmunds pricing guides.

It won't hurt to ask for $500 off MSRP, but again, don't be offended if the dealer refuses.

If you're not in a hurry, wait until winter hits and there's snow on the ground. That's how I bought mine at the X-plan price. Dealership was totally empty of customers and the dealer was willing to order at X-plan. I couldn't make that same deal today even if I bought the entire dealership a month's supply of Krispy Kremes.

Post back and let us know if you're ordering. There are some things you'll probably want to know to make sure you......#1 get your car....and....#2 get exactly what you ordered.

Good Luck!!!!!
    shalu....just realized you're looking for a V6, not a GT. I didn't realize that until I looked at the entire thread. I just looked at the title.

A V6 changes things. For one, there should be plenty of '05 V6s left.

Taking a look at pricing, what you're looking at for MSRP for a premium is $22,165. I'd shoot for $21,500. I'd make the deal somewhere between $21,500 and $21,750 with IUP and ICAP. Can't help you with specific dealers, but visit 2-3 and shop at the one you're most comfortable with. Let us know how it goes.
    Hi,

Thanks for your prompt response I realy appreciate your attitude.I spoke with a couple of dealers and here is the deals that they gave me for a v6 premium coupe black.2005 and 2006.
    1) 2005 v6 premium :MSRP IS $24,880 which includes auto transmission,shekar 1000,anti theft,ABS & Traction control,IUP,Exterior sports package.

This deal including taxes negotiated to $25,000
    Missing Items : leather upgrade

2) 2006 v6 premium :MSRP 24,120 which includes auto transmission,v6 pony package,ABS & Traction,leather ugrade.(shekar 500 is standard in 2006).

This deal including taxes will be $25,200
    Missing items : anti theft

In this Scenario iam quite confused on which is a good deal to go for 2005 or 2006 with respect to the quotes i got and why.I dont have too many priorities after this deals i guess.
    Either one of them will be ok for me ,but I would like to get advice form you wise people on which is a better dael to opt for.
    If not a better deal what is the price that I should bargain for.

Your advice will give me some confidence.

Regards
    Krishna
  • dverespeydverespey Member Posts: 56
    Given the options you list I would lean towards the 06, the pony and leather are nice additions.

As a personin the industry I would lean towards the 06, because it will incorporate any changes and improvements that have been learned from the 05 assemly. Both from Ford and it's suppliers. The second and forth year of a model style are nice sweet spots for manufacturing.
    shalu....I don't know what your tax rate is, but those numbers sound about in the ballpark. I didn't include an automatic tranny to the mix.

From a personal standpoint, I like the '06 V6 better for no other reason than the look of the Pony Package.

The '06 will probably be a little better from a depreciation standpoint, too. Although, from what we can tell, Mustangs are reselling for strong dollars right now.

Get what YOU like.

Good luck and let us know what you get. :blush:
    Hi,

Thanks for the recommendation,do you guys think with respect to price quote I got for 2006 its a better deal than 2005?

Just wanted to make sure if I got the right price not a rip off.

Regards
    Shalu
  • cruss575cruss575 Member Posts: 3
    Ok, I read this entire thread and am still not sure what to do! I am in the Northern Virginia area. I built a car on the Ford web site and is basically a GT with manual and IUP. Comes to an invoice of $25,569 and MSRP of $27,515. Since nobody seems to have a manual, I would have to order one. The one local sales guy indicated I could get one in about 8 weeks, which would be fine. However, considering that the car will never actually sit on the dealer's lot incurring costs, it seems a little wacky to order a car at sticker, especially when you include a 3% holdback.
    So, here are my options as I see them:
    1. Order the car at MSRP.
    2. Try and find a dealer willing to deal on an order and actually have it delivered (appears to be mixed results).
    3. Wait until winter when sales are slow and try to order or pick one out of inventory (if available).
    4. Wait until orders for the GT500 become available and put down a deposit on it.

The first option puts me in a buyers remorse situation, especially since it will be cold/snowing when I receive it. The second option puts a lot of work on me and still leaves uncertainity. (If someone knows of a good dealer in this area that will get me closer to invoice on an order, I'm definitely interested!) The third option may work, but if Ford is busy fulfilling orders from '05, then I don't see me getting a deal around $26K or so for a car off the lot (which is where I would like to be). This leaves the last option. This is a little more than I wanted to spend (assuming it still starts at $40K), but I am thinking resale value on these several years down the road will be significantly better than the GT.

Any thoughts?
  • mojojojo24mojojojo24 Member Posts: 24
    "In this Scenario iam quite confused on which is a good deal to go for 2005 or 2006 with respect to the quotes i got and why.I dont have too many priorities after this deals i guess."

Financially, I'd suggest the 2006, for no more reason than it should have any of the discovered 2005 "bugs" worked out (though if it was built late in the year, then those should be worked out) and because it won't be a year "old" at the time you bought it.

Aesthetically, the leather is not a deal-breaker either way (depends on preference... it's not like it's super-quality Roller leather) but the pony package looks very nice... I like the pony grille even better than that of the GT, but that's just me.

You can put an aftermarket alarm on it. And, after experiencing both and asking around here, I'm not convinced the Shaker 1000 is $1200 better than the 500, IMO.
    cruss...while your reasoning makes sense for more of the "run of the mill" cars out there, you've decided to look at one of the hottest cars on the market.

Right now, the market is MSRP on the Mustang GT. Ford is building them at a frenetic pace. People are still buying more than Ford can build, though.

As an example, my dealer is sold out of his entire GT allotment through January. He's telling customers who order that it will be Spring before they see their cars.

The GT500 will be even "hotter" when it hits the showrooms. My guess is, they will sell over MSRP when they're available and probably have a waiting list, too. Again, using my dealer as a guide, he's more than willing to take a deposit on a GT500, but can't tell me what it will sell for or mow many (if any) they'll get. That $40K number is what Ford is talking about. When all is said and done, I'd bet you won't be able to buy one for less than $45K, however.

I waited until last winter to make my deal on my Mustang GT. There was 4 inches of snow on the ground when I ordered it. Dealer was willing to deal. But, there's no way I could make the deal I got today considering the Mustang's wild popularity.

So, where does that leave you? You can order one now for MSRP. Or, you can take your chances this winter.....when you may or may not be able to make a better deal (and perhaps, have to also pay for any price increases).
    graphicguy,thanks for the response. What I am seeing is somewhat different. As an example, my local dealer has 2 GT coupes and 5 GT convertibles (all autos) on the floor right now. Additionally, here is a cut-out of the latest e-mail I received from Ford covering 2005 models.

Any In-Stock V-6 Coupe Priced $2000 below MSRP!
    V-6 Convertible $2000 Below MSRP
    GT's at $1000 Below MSRP!

Maybe there somewhat of a shortage in certain areas and maybe overall we could use more cars to quench the ADM that some dealers are screwing their customers with, but it really appears that Ford is going to saturate the market soon enough to satisfy demand.

I would expect the GT500 to come in at low 40s after it is fully configured, but my dealer indicated that I can get it at MSRP through pre-order, which should base at 40K if promises hold. I'm curious about your dealer taking money on a GT500, because mine said that Ford has not opened up pre-orders yet!

And while I cannot compare apples to oranges, I can get a F-150 nicely configured for about 20K, or about 6K under MSRP!
  • chevy4lifechevy4life Member Posts: 20
    Cruss575 - hey, I'm in the same boat. I live in NOVA too and want an '06 GT 5spd, but am willing to wait it out a few months. I'm planning on ordering in November or December. I've been keeping an eye on the local dealers. The one in my town is small and does not have a good reputation for making deals and also servicing. I'm hoping by then that the planets will align, and the price will be somewhat negotiable. With gas over $3/ gal - that may just help my cause, by slowing down the economy. Good luck and email me if you want to keep up on how things are going. I'll spell out my email.. It's mark "at" seeburg 220 "dot" com.
  • huck1huck1 Member Posts: 9
    cruss,

I would really appreciate it you could let me know which dealer has 5 GT convertibles?
    many thanks

huck
    Huck1, the dealership I went to is Cowles Ford in Woodbridge, VA. In looking at the ford inventory, they are still showing 5 GT convertibles.
    If I were you, I'd be "all over" that deal for $1,000 under MSRP for GTs. Also, make certain the dealer isn't making it up in the F&I office or with other fees.
  • huck1huck1 Member Posts: 9
    many thanks cruss.

huck
  • whitneybwhitneyb Member Posts: 1
    2006 Mustang Convertible V6 Deluxe automatic - Total MSRP: $25,730.00
    I bought it for $22,300. I think I got a deal. I loved the car, and the color - Lime. I bought outside LA at a dealer in north hollywood. I want to know if there are any good site for aftermarket products for the 'stang. Thanks for the info!
  • brianwilcoxbrianwilcox Member Posts: 2
    If you're in Texas let me know and I'll let you know the dealer and sales person I dealt with.

Please let me know the dealer. I'm in Dallas.
    Thanks
    Please don't offer to share info about specific salespeople. We don't permit that as it leads to solicitation & solicitation for referral fees. Thanks!

kirstie_h
    Roving Host

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR

I finally managed to get 2006 V6 Premium coupe Black ( fully loaded) for $24,000 a $1000 less from the given MSRP.

Thanks for this site for regular updates.

Can any one suggest me if it is good to take extended warrenty from ford.

Regards
    shalu
    shalu....good job! You got a great car at a great price.

I'm not an extended warranty type person. I've yet to see anyone get any payback that's even close to what those warranties offer. Not saying it doesn't happen. It's just that I don't see the worth.
  • vnovabrivnovabri Member Posts: 6
    Heres my Issue.
    I ordered a GT vert on 7/15, at a small dealer in MD and is currently C/U at x-plan pricing. Also The dealer has only sent me a DOC with only a retail price on it. My sales person insists he doesnt know the x-plan price or allocation. It has been a frustrating experience, both having to wait in the dark, and also the feeling that the dealer is either incompetant or jerkin me around. So I inquired for a deal at Yeomans, and was told I can order at x-plan and expect delivery in 8-9 weeks. Although I wouldnt want to get stuck canceling and finding out my car would have been built sooner if I wait patiently, I was told the two GT orders in front of mine have been serialized. Just looking for some feedback from other Pony lovers in a similar situation.
  • skiutahbobskiutahbob Member Posts: 11
    My dealer simply signed a paper for me that the GT I ordered would be x-plan priced ($27,700 vs. $30k msrp) with no other doc fees...Pretty straightforward. Will your dealer do the same to alleviate your stress?

Bob
  • jb_turnerjb_turner Member Posts: 702
    Now why would a dealer sell you at x-plan price when they can get much more otherwise.... hmmmmmmm
  • artmonsterartmonster Member Posts: 1
    I am in the middle of negotiating with a couple of dealers on a V6 Premium, almost fully loaded, and ordered from the factory. Right now I have a dealer at $1120 off MSRP. Am I looking at a pretty good deal, or should I be able to get more? I am dealing in the state of CT.

thanks.
  • jagzbimmerjagzbimmer Member Posts: 17
    I wouldn't be too concerned about the order remaining at C/U, even after 8 weeks. I would however, be concerned about the dealer sending you the DOC without the x-plan price. Keep calling them and bugging them until they give you the documentation.

I placed my order at a small dealership in Northern NJ on 7/26. As of 9/9, the order was C/U. The DOC from the dealer has BOTH the retail price ($$29,005) and the x-plan price ($26,318 ($27,013 less the destination charge, which they took off). I have BOTH the DOC and a signed contract stating that the car will be $26,318. I gave them a $1000 deposit. The VOC I have has me at a lower priority (30) though b/c I agreed to wait a little longer since I got the preferred price. Not a big deal for me b/c I have a BMW lease that goes until March 2006. They guaranteed that I'd have the car. I bugged them every day for the past 6 weeks and even talked to the owner of the dealership and got his OK and signature on the contract.

One thing I have to say about this process...granted, the GT is a popular car. But I think the problem here is that Ford gives way too much leeway to the dealerships (which are all independent), which, in the long run, hurts the company in general. I think they need to do a much better job overall. The BMW 3 series is ENORMOUSLY popular (esp. the all wheel drive) and I was able to order and get one within 10 weeks (and the car came from Germany!!).

The bottom line for me is that if anything (and I mean anything) goes wrong with this order after all I've been through, I will NEVER go back to Ford (I told them that when I called them, too). The antics that they are pulling now will surely hurt them down the road. What will happen when those of us who love the Mustang already have one? They need to work on getting people to 'convert', which takes salesmanship, tact, and professionalism. That is the problem with most car companies...they have something popular and they go for the short term return and end up getting burnt in the long run (Chrysler's PT Cruiser for example).

Anyway, sorry for the long post. Here are the specs on the car I have on order:

GT Premium
    Satin Silver/Red Interior (Int Color Accent Pkg)
    Auto
    IUP
    Side Air Bags
    18" fan blade wheels (64W)
    Retail Price: $29005
    X-plan (as per contract and DORA): $27,013 (less destination of $695)

I hope this helps you out. Hang in there. Waiting a little longer will justify spending like 3 grand less than you would have if you had to pay MSRP.
    They didn't jump up and down to offer it to me, but when I pointed out how many cars I bought from their dealership since my 94 mustang cobra pace car they agreed to the x-plan. I also think production is starting to catch up with demand...I'm seeing a few more GT's on lots here in Utah as summer fades.

Bob
  • btaintxbtaintx Member Posts: 3
    I'm about to purchase a 2006 pony package:
    -Redfire Metallic
    -Parchment Leather
    -Interior Upgrade Package
    -Side Airbags
    -5spd Auto
    MSRP $24,490 + $695 D&D = $25,185 x 8.25% TX sales tax = $27,262

I'm about to sign for $24,000 out the door. Best I can figure, that puts the car at less than $22,000.

I've got top credit and the dealers says the best FMC will do is 6.9%

What do you think of this deal? I'm pretty stoked about it :)
    I'd shop that 6.9% Ford rate. Go to eloan.com or your local credit union and see where they fall.

Be careful though, the dealer may have tied the price of the car to you financing through FoMOCo since they make decent money on the Ford credit contracts. You take that away and all of a sudden, they don't like the deal as much.
    Yeah, I am going to contact my bank and the eloan site best rate is 5.25%.

The $24,000 is regardless of financing.

Taking into consideration the 8.25% tax and $695 D&D I'm paying $21,476 for the car with MSRP of $24,490 and invoice of $22,767. I think it's a good price, but would like to hear what others have paid.
    I paid "X plan" for my GT, which ended up a little under invoice. But, that was in the "dead of winter with snow on the ground" last winter. And, it was an ordered car. Plus, GTs are as scarce as hens teeth. My MSRP was $28K and change. X plan price was about $25.5K. Ford has had some price increases since then, however.

V6s have the dealers more willing to deal since there are a lot more of them produced. I don't know what "D&D" is, but if that's the price of the car, I'd run to the dealer and close the deal ASAP. V6s are turning into a hot commodity again with the Pony Package, so I wouldn't hesitate to pull the trigger. No Mustang is being sold at or under invoice, so I wouldn't hesitate to sign the papers.

FYI....I'll assume there's not a trade-in involved and there isn't any down payment involved in the figures you're quoting.
    Hi,

Do you think having a Lo jack installed is a good idea for my new 2006 mustang.If so any advice on the rates and the possible contacts?
    If not what are the good options to consider for adequate security.

Your advice is appreciated in advance.

Regards
    Shalu
    Shalu....I'm ambivalent about LoJac for no other reason than I had a policeman tell me once that it was as easily defeatable as any other theft prevention device on the market. Plus, he sad in general, when a LoJac equipped car is recovered from a theft, the damage is usually worse on it.

Now, that's one policeman's opinion in my tiny 'burg, but it always stuck with me.

Can't remember if you got the "active-antitheft" option on your car, but it's probably as good as you're going to get for theft protetion short of spending $1,000 on some hefty aftermarket equipment.
    Hi Graphic guy,

Thank you for all ur messages so far you seem to be the only person who care to respond and share your knowledge.I have one more issue that I would like to know,Since Iam not much in to cars I want know some info about the accessories for my mustang.
    Is it advicable to buy a car cover from ford which is costing $325? or do u have any other recommendations.
    Electronic rear view mirror is it worth installing ?
    Floor mats for protections from ice and dirt - this is on top of factory provided carpets.

Which of this is a good buy to go for and do u have any other alternate advices.
    Am I missing any other accessories that is a must to have in a car?

A personal recommendation from ur end is appreciated.

Cheers
    Shalu.
    Today my dealer called and said my black 06 GT was built Monday (9-19) and should be delivered on 10-19...does this sound about right? I look forward to finally seeing my car with the 18" fanblades...haven't seen one with those wheels yet in person.

Bob
    shalu.....I just try to help where I can, but thanks! ;)

I guess in order to answer your questions, I'd need to know a little more. Will the car be outside all of the time? IF so, what kind of weather do you get (hot, cold, snow/ice, near salt water or exposed to salt in the winter, industrial fallout)?

If you have a garage, or even some sort of car port, I wouldn't even look at a car cover. More often than not, they'll tend to scratch the paint. That said, it's better to cover it if it's constantly exposed to the elements, than to leave it out.

Personally, I think the best way to protect your car is to put a good coat of high quality wax on it 4 times/year. My personal preference is Zaino (www.zainobros.com). There's an entire thread about this wonderous wax over in the "maintenance" threads. 2nd, stay away from those "drive thru...swirl-o-matic" car washes. Those do more damage to your paint than the weather will. We get very cold temps here in the midwest. If I can't do a quick hand wash, I usually take my car to those "touchless" car washes with a blower to dry it off. Then I do a quick dry with whatever water is left (takes all of 5 minutes). I only do that when the weather is cold, though to get the salt off the car.

Floor mats? I've got some really nice aftermarket ones that are worlds better than what Ford sells. There are a couple of good places to get them....www.weathertech.com or www.ggbailey.com. They aren't cheap, but they are very good.

I'm not exactly sure what an electronic rearview mirror is. But, if you're talking about the kind that dim automatically, I'd have to say I wouldn't waste my money. I don't need a mirror to dim for me. I just use the little switch on the mirror. It's not that big of a deal to me.

But, there are some fancy ones out there that have compasses, autodimming....I've even seen some that have a built in radar detector. They are pricey, though.

Hope that helps.

skiu....your delivery time sounds about right. :)
  • h20dogsh20dogs Member Posts: 1
    Seems like you got your '06 pretty quick. I placed my order yesterday for the GT Premium Rag Top, and I was told not to expect it before April '06.
    h20....I was extremely lucky with my entire order. I ordered in the midst of one of the worst winters in recent memory. My dealer had no pending customer orders when I placed mine. They had stocking orders, but no customer orders.

A month after I got mine, the same dealer was almost out of allotment and wouldn't budge from MSRP. They did stick to the deal (X-plan) they made with me, though.

Currently, they're allotment through the end of January is all used up. They are saying the same as you're hearing....that is, any '06 GT ordered today won't be delivered until next spring
    I HAVE MY PONY!

Picked up my 06 Pony Package Tuesday. I LOVE IT! Everytime I get in to drive I feel a rush:-) This car handles great and the six is plenty of power since I'm not running quarters against anyone. Getting plenty of second looks too. Anyway, FYI here's my deal. Hope you all love yours as much as I love mine! :shades:

MSRP $24,490 I paid $24,000 out the door including 8.25% sales tax. Zero down at 6% w/ local bank.
    Redfire Metallic w/ Parchment Leather
    Pony Pkg
    Interior Upgrade Pkg
    Side airbags
    Shaker 500W (great sound!)
  • purplegtpurplegt Member Posts: 22
    Hey to Graphic guy out there, I haven't posted for awhile...thought I'd pop in and say...I'm still waiting....ordered my 05 Mustang GT in November 2004........never came.....by June of 2005, decided to hang up the idea of getting my 2005, so went back to the dealer and put in an order for a 2006, as shut down was to take place in July...what the heck, I'm not getting my 2005. Heard production of the 2006's started in early August. I was put at a priority 10 on my 2006 order. Here it is the end of September....I've called Ford direct 3 times now...still get the same response, the computer is waiting to pick you. I'm ready to throw that dang computer of theirs to the wolves. It'll be a year in November since I first put my order in. All the postings here of other people ordering last February and getting their cars by April really burns my hair....just what does it take to get a Mustang GT I ordered a year ago? People have really given me credit for hanging tough, the only reason I have thus far is my 1996 Purple GT with 45,000 miles on it. I keep telling Ford I'd really like my GT before the snow flies, as I live in Wisconsin. Any suggestions out there - anyone? Is there someplace I can call or write to that will finally step up to the plate and produce my order? Ford has really made a name for itself from me. If I don't get my GT by Christmas, I'm seriously considering a Dodge Charger....at least they can produce a hot looking car without having to wait a year for it.........help!!!!! :mad:
    purple....sounds like it's time to find a new dealer. Sounds like your dealer doesn't have allotment.

I'd go to another Ford store. Tell them what happened with your first dealer and ask them what their wait time is.

Allotment is still tight on the GTs.

Still, that doesn't absolve your original dealer from not giving you the scoop on what's going on with your order.
  • yannickyannick Member Posts: 17
    I went to test drive a V6 Mustang on Friday in San Jose CA, at whatever Ford dealer us at the AutoMall here. Cant remember the name.

Anyway, I was shocked and surprised to see that they marked every Mustang up 3,995. Thats an extra 4K they added to the sticker, just because they could.

Not just on the GT's either, every single one. And they didnt have a 2006 on the lot - they were all 2005's.

Unbelievable.

Of course I walked.

Houses are supposed to be more expensive here, not cars. What a rip-off.

If I get a Mustang, it surely wont be from them. I will go to NC (where I am from) and drive it cross country before I buy a hubcap from them.
  • jimmira76jimmira76 Member Posts: 19
    Hey everyone! So here's my deal. Late July this year I placed an order for a '06 v6 convertible w/pony package thru Beverly Hills Ford. The sales guy (will call him MS) took my order + $1k deposit & said he's give me a call in a couple of days w/confirmation & final price as he only had '05 pricing. 3 days later & no word so I emailed him. He said he'd look into it. 4 more days later & still nothing. No response to another email so I called & he calked it up to being busy. He said still no word yet from Ford. A week later & still nothing & he stopped returning my messages so I email the president (will call him NO). He's nice & all & as a result I finally get a confirmation # & a price of $23,670 from MS. I thank him for going under dealer cost & for blowing away the other quotes I've received. About 3 weeks later I try to get a hold of MS to ask for an update & to let him know I've found a comparable car at another dealer so I ask if he can trade for it & I'll take it instead. No response. A week later & still no response so again I contact the president who apologizes & says he's working on trading for the other car & will let me know the next day. Next day, the GM calls (will call him GG). He says they couldn't trade & notices that MS gave me the wrong price & it should be $3k higher but can't confirm how my order's going. I tell him I don't appreciate having my time wasted for almost 7 weeks & that I'll think about what I want to do. I again email NO & tell him that I don't appreciate his dealership's tactics, negotiate price again, & tell him it wasn't my fault that MS gave me the wrong price & since my time was wasted by misinformation & they can't give me an update anyway that I feel that they should honor the price or at very least consider meeting in the middle. GG calls me while at work yelling, swearing, saying to stop wasting THEIR time w/nonsense & there's no chance they'll go that low. I tell him MS started the whole thing & should be held accountable. He starts going off again & threatens to call my boss (since he had my work # on the order sheet) & tell him that I was wasting company time to harass them w/nonsense! Can you believe that!?! I tell him I'll not deal w/him anymore so I contact NO. He's not taking my calls so I finally email everyone that I'm cancelling my order. It takes a couple of weeks & several messages from me but they finally send my deposit back. Funny thing is NO attaches his business card w/the check & in the interim I get a message from some other sales guy there that my car has come in....a coupe! :confuse: So, anyway, I'm back to square one & trying to negotiate with other dealers....
  • cary1cary1 Member Posts: 2
    This is the price on an '05 I'm being offered from my dealer off their lot, what do you all think?
    ---
    2005 V6 CONV PREM
    4.0L SOHC V6 ENGINE
    5-SPEED MANUAL TRANSMISSION

Price Information MSRP
    STANDARD VEHICLE PRICE $24,815

Key Standard Equipment
    ORDER CODE 160A-PREM CONV V
    POWER DRIVER'S SEAT
    MANUAL AIR CONDITIONING
    AM/FM STEREO/6-CD IN DASH/M
    16" BRIGHT MACHINED CAST AL