Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Mustang Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• gtgtcobragtgtcobra Posts: 259
    Quote:
    "As far as looks, you seem little off base if ask me. You indicated that the 00-04 was the best styling since the 69-70. Well isn't it ironic that the 05-06 happen to be closer in styling to those years than any Mustang since (this is backed by virtually any write up on the new Mustang in any of the trade mags). Further if it's such a dud in styling, how is it that sales have far surpassed any previous years Mustang sales? You comments don't seem to hold water."

"ONLY" the 2005/2006 Mustang's rear facia looks like the 69 & 70 Mustang, but the rear quarter panels are too flat. They don't even resemble the 69 & 70 Mustang styling. And the front facia of the 2005/2006 Mustang looks like the 67 & 68 Mustang.
    The 99-04 Mustang has wider rear quarter panels that resemble the 69 & 70 Mustang and the rear facia has a more 69 is and 70ish look to it than the 2005/2006 Mustang. The only thing which doesn't resemble the 69/70 Mustang is the front facia. But the hood on the 2001-2004 Mustang GT resembles the 69 & 70 Mustang a little bit. The 2005/2006 Mustang doesn't even have a hood scoop and it neither has any side scoops. The 2005/2006 Mustang is not ugly, but it's not as agressive looking as the 2001-2004 body style. I don't know about you, but when I look at the 2001-2004 Mustang body style and compare it to the 2005/2006 Mustang body style, I see many differences if I compare both body styles with the 69 & 70 body style. The 2001-2004 body style resembles the 69 & 70 Mustang fastback body styling than the 2005/2006 does.
    Look carefully and compare the 2 body styles and you will see what I mean here.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,863
    That is what this forum is all about... The title says it all..

So, please move on to the general Ford Mustang (2005+) forum to discuss any other issues..

Thanks,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• pumppump Posts: 2
    Question from a rookie.

Can one just walk into a dealer and aske for the x plan, or does one have to be e friend or relative of a Ford employee to get it?

Thanks
  • I have a 2001 V6 Mustang which my partner drives and does not have alot of get up and go but I believe it's because of how it was broken in which was driving it slow. I had a 1998 V6 Mustang that I broker in and it had all the power I really wanted. I am currently looking at buying a 2006 Premium Mustang in VA, automatic, no leather seats, pony package, interior upgrade package, anti-lock brakes, front seat side mounted airbags, anti-theft system, and shaker 500 audio system and I've gotten pricing for under $24,000. I've gotten all my pricing via the internet. I have bought my last two vehicles without going to the dealership except to pick-up the vehicle.
  • jclfjclf Posts: 3
    that deal for 24k doesn't sound all that great. I was quoted the same exact package for just under 22k. I was at the dealership though.
  • riposteriposte Posts: 160
    The X Plan is for "Ford Partners" only. You have to work for a company which is on that list.

For Fords, the price is usually a bit under invoice.

The prices for Mazdas, Volvos, etc is usually between invoice and MSRP.
  • topoffgttopoffgt Posts: 14
    pump-

My employer uses several Ford vehicles in their fleet, so they are a "partner". X-plan pricing requires proof of employment with the partner company and a unique PIN which sometimes can be requested on-line. My GT convertible was about $50 under invoice.

Also, no dealership is required to honor the X-plan price.
  • pony_piratepony_pirate Posts: 317
    Mustang manual GT's are still being snatched up off my local dealer's lot, gone within the week.
  • spdwy33spdwy33 Posts: 21
    Took delivery of our silver GT convertible last Monday and still can't get that silly grin off my face!

Absolutely stunning to look at - and a real blast to drive! (For the most part we've just been loafing at the speed limit - ok, maybe just a little over the limit!)

Could not believe how easy it was to buy it - and how much fun it was to take delivery. Forum rules won't let me post names of salespeople or phone numbers; but I can tell you that Roberts Ford in Alton, IL is a damn fine place to buy a car!

No pressure - called them up, told them what we wanted and they changed the color of one that was on order - took about three phone calls and it was a 'done deal'. Fast, easy deal - very competitive pricing, no long - drawn out 'negotiation', excellent price for our old car.

Highly recommended!
    That's great to hear. I can't wait until the new body style Mustang comes out. I want one. I already own a 2001 Mustang GT and a 2002 V6 Mustang. I like the 05 & 06 Mustang, but I like my 01 & 02 body style a little better than the 05 & 06 body styles.
    I want to wait until 2009 when the new 2010 new body style Mustang comes out. I think that it might look a whole lot better than the 05's & 06's.
  • Took delivery on my 06 GT Premium 5 speed manual Vistablue convertible today. Unbelieveable! It is absolutely awesome to drive. Look out Northwest Wisconsin! Ended up paying sticker at $32,400. Got the Shaker 500, and the only other options I didn't get are the side airbags and security alarm. Love the sound of that engine! Hope other shoppers are having good luck. I waited 6 months, but my dealer pulled it off.
  • gzgtpgzgtp Posts: 83
    Just found out about this message board. Didn't realize people were having such a hard time/long wait for their GT's. I got mine about 4 weeks ago. I found a black 5 spd on the lot on a Saturday and the car was delivered to me on that following Monday (not bad considering they are closed on Sunday). I got it on the X plan price. Several hundred under invoice. Fortunately my company does a lot of business with this dealer and I made sure they were aware of that, so they honored the Xplan. It was a smooth deal. If you are near Durham NC, try University Ford.
    PS. The GT is awesome. Everything and More than I thought it would be.
  • 2006 conv. v6 premium, automatic, almost full loaded. I have spent 2.5hr to test drive and negotiate. ($200 above invoice price27750-$1000rebate)=about $26750, OTD price will be around 29000, Is it a fair price? It's $1000 over our budget. We have no other choice, since not many cars left. Also dealer told us we could not order production since the 2007 is coming out. Is it true? Thank you for answering my questions. BTW 4 is sold at the dealer today. Sounds hot.
    You could buy a brand new 2006 GT Mustang Coupe for that price.
    Don't buy the V6. Get the GT instead. The V6's have a LOT of problems.
  • Problems refer to the engine prob? or some other problems? Thanks for your advices.
  • lmmlmm Posts: 70
    I have a 06 V6 and have no problems.

Yes, ordering for 2006 is over. 2007's are coming soon.

if you wait until they hit the lots you will find 2006's much cheaper.

If over your budget you should wait.
  • husker5husker5 Posts: 15
    I bought a windveil blue Mustang GT convertable, 5 sp manual, for $2K under sticker here in St. Paul, MN. The dealer traded for one from Fargo and had it delivered to me one day after I gave him the go ahead. The car is fantastic, every bit what I expected. Interestingly, another dealer I had been trying to work a deal with (but only at $500 under sticker) came back with a similiar offer ($2K under sticker) 4 days after I took delivery. However, the choices in 5 sp. GT conv. are very limited and don't last long.
    husker5
  • ogmasterogmaster Posts: 4
    Can anyone share some prices they have had lately with the V6 coupe? I really want to get a Mustang and right now the GT is a little out of my range, but I'm in need of a car right now and the V6 seems to be good enough for me. Just wondered if anyone was able to get an recent significant price drops because of the 07s on the way.
  • m1miatam1miata Posts: 4,556
    It was not so long ago, as in 2004 model year, for buying a V6 for $15K to $17K on sale, and the GT for say $23 to 24K. Now the prices are getting crazy. It is around $21K for the V6 and $26.5K to $30K for the V8 = ouch! Now I suppose things like anti-lock brakes may not have been figured in before and the traction control. Oh well, I guess the $3000 off deals will come sooner, if not later.
    -Loren
  • stkntrafficstkntraffic Posts: 172
    I think the deals are already here. A local dealer had an ad last Saturday - 3K off MSRP on all GT's in stock (Austin, TX)
    Wonder if higher gas prices have anything to do with reduced demand for the GT, which is hardly fuel-efficient? Still, manual GT's are rare, GT convertibles even rarer, and don't last a week at my local dealers. :shades:
  • stkntrafficstkntraffic Posts: 172
    Don't know about that... I have a '98 GT that I bought new- I consistently get 20-21 around town, 24-25 on the highway. Looking to buy a new GT in a few months, and I was hoping the mileage would be about the same.
    The GT's and Convertibles are NOT rare. Up here in new England there are many dealers who have like 12 to 15 Mustang GT's, convertibles and V6's all on their lots and they are ALL UNSOLD!
    The rarity of the GT's and convertibles is nothing but hype and BS.
    You need to look closer, read the stickers. How many of these GT's are manual. What are the options packages? Have they added the undesirable 1000 watt stereo to elevate the price? Are they selling at MSRP or with an unreasonable dealer markup? Are the convertibles GT's? Are the colors the most desirable (black, red, silver, etc.)? I too have a local dealer with plenty of Tangs, but none properly equiped, most V6's, many with ridiculous Rousch upgrades, some in less desirable colors, cloth interiors, etc. The silver GT convertible was gone within one week. :shades:
  • jayhawk63jayhawk63 Posts: 4
    I am in Arizona, and I am having problems with geting the dealerships to honor the x-plan pricing on GT conv. Most want at least MSRP, if not more. :confuse:
  • ogmasterogmaster Posts: 4
    Did a quick test drive the other day and got a quote with the x plan price. It was a standard v6 coupe and the price was about a $100 less than the x plan price provided($18830). I'm considering this as sort of my last option deal, but does anyone have ideas if they have gotten any cheaper for the v6 standard coupe.
  • rdarmsrdarms Posts: 3
    Hi. Two questions for you after I say congrats on the new Stang!

1) what kind of gas mialage are you getting on your Mustang GT 5 speed?

2) whats this Xplan pricing and how do I get to use it!?

Thanks!
    -Rob
  • topoffgttopoffgt Posts: 14
    See my post on March 19th (#681) on x-plan pricing. No info on gas mileage yet.
  • juice21jjuice21j Posts: 2
    I am deciding between leasing one of the new Eddie Bauer Explorers or buying a 2006 Mustang GT Coupe Premium. The Mustang is going to cost $26,000 with A-plan and I am putting 0 down with a $466 lease payment spread out over 72 months. The Explorer is a vehicle invoiced at over $30,000, but my lease payment would only be $275 a month with $500 down. This is my first major car purchase, as I have just graduated. The Mustang is kind of a dream car, but it’s going to cost more per month (and it may get me a ticket or two). The Explorer is nice and I feel it is a good value, but I worry about going over my miles. The idea of ownership is appealing. If anyone has any thoughts I would honestly appreciate hearing them. As I said before, this is my first new car purchase and I am not familiar with the whole game.
  • m1miatam1miata Posts: 4,556
    Buy what you like AND can afford with cash. Never lease, and never buy on time. Enjoy the ride in life debt free!
    -Loren

P.S. With gas at $3.50 a gallon or more, look for a slowing in GT sales and thus $3K or more in savings. Don't have any idea what the X plan price discount is, but $26K seems like a lot of money to me. Think major setback in US economy by this Summer. Be careful - don't get caught in bear traps.