Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Volkswagen TDI Models Prices Paid

Comments

• gagricegagrice Member Posts: 31,450
    I am trying to get a sense of whether I should just move to a more efficient gas car or if diesel makes any sense at all.

The GLK250 Bluetec is less expensive than the GLK350 gas. No breakeven to worry about there. Fun to drive and rated 38 MPG combined in the EU.
  • justoutjustout Member Posts: 1
    looks like a great deal - also, an inordinately helpful post given that, within the next 60 days, I'll be buying a Passat SE (manual) in Atlanta area. Therefore,three questions:
    1. did Heritage already have the car you wanted on their lot or did they get it for you?
    2. the runner-up to Heritage? - who would you have purchased from if not Heritage?
    3. name of salesman at Heritage?
  • cristianbncristianbn Member Posts: 9
    Hi,

Heritage didn't have the Black on Black TDI manual so I had to place a order. Order was placed on April 8th '13, they announced me that the car will be a 2014 model rather than 2013 but the production of 2014 doesn't start till July '13 so I'm still waiting for my car.
    After I've exchanged emails with about 10 dealership around the Atlanta area, I've started to get lower price offers. The Heritage gave me the best price but you need to negotiate. The next dealer option was Nalley VW
    The salesperson was a wonderful lady named Silvija A. who is very professional and pleasant to deal with.
    Just as a note, I wasn't too impressed with Jim Ellis dealers. When I was asking them for a good price, they would sent me the MSRP price. The failure to offer me a good deal, make them loose my business.
    Good Luck!
  • matt_in_stlmatt_in_stl Member Posts: 6
    I've started to shop around a bit for a car. Sort of torn, between the new Accord and the Passat. A friend of mine recently bought the SE w/o sunroof and likes the car a lot (after about 3500 miles). He's let me drive it several times and I like the feel and find it a comfortable car.

In any case, I think if I do the Passat, I'd like to do the TDI. I have received an offer as follows:

Sticker: 28545
    Offer Price: 24987
    State Registration: 38
    Title Processing: 2
    Title Fee: 8
    1 Yr Registration Processing: 3
    Registration Fee: 21
    Lien Fee: 2
    Sales Tex (est): 1861.53
    OTD: 26886

Any thoughts on the overall deal?

Also, I noted that the TDI has electric power steering. Anyone have a comment on the different 'feel' of steering between the TDI and non-TDI (with hydraulic steering)?

Thanks.
    I think you're doing the right thing choosing the Passat TDI over the Honda Accord.
    Myself I'm a fan of German cars and to mention that my last 3 cars were BMWs and now decided to give a try to VW Passat TDI. My fiancee have a Honda Accord but I would choose the Passat at any time.
    I also believe that the quote you got for the SE Sunroof TDI is fair but you can also bargain for floor mats or something else on that price.
  • sanjuchandsanjuchand Member Posts: 1
    I have also been shopping for a 2013 Passat TDI SE w/ sunroof. I have an offer of $24,500 + TTL. This is from a dealership in the Houston area. Planning on buying on at this price over the next one week.
  • marvelmmarvelm Member Posts: 28
    Carman,

Can you please tell me the MFs and Residuals for the 2013 Jetta Sportwagen TDI for 39/12 and 36/12 lease?

Thank you!
  • toad37toad37 Member Posts: 2
    @ hercules00,

Great topic. From what I have read resale value is much better on the TDI's so you can figure that in as well.

You have me thinking. Hope some others can chime in.

:D
  • mountainman58mountainman58 Member Posts: 2
    Received a quote from a dealer on 2013 Volkswagen Passat 4dr Sdn 2.0L DSG TDI SEL Premium.
    MRSP = 34270
    INV = 32294
    incentive = 2000
    cost to me = 30294
    Out the door with tax, title and license 31693

also, is the premium really worth the extra dollars? new to this forum, but not to the site.
    To be honest I believe that you should be able to get a lower price maybe 500-1000$ off. If I was you I would keep looking negotiate via email with all the dealers around you. That worked very well for me.
    If it is worth it or not to get the SEL it comes to personal preference. Myself I've ordered the TDI 6 speed manual SE because is simple (less things to go bad) and the lower price that offer a good bang for the buck. The few things I would miss from the SEL is the Wood trim, Fender sounds system and the garage opener which does not justify the extra 5-6k$ price.
  • ariknycariknyc Member Posts: 37
    I'm finishing my lease on VW minivan. I'm sick of leasing. I'm almost ready to pull the trigger on a 2013 Passat TDI SE with Sunroof. Cuz you can't skip the sunroof unless you buy a manual trans. So if there is anyone in the NYC metro, Northern NJ even Central Jersey area looking to buy a new Passat TDI model and want to put together a group buy to get the price really low, please respond. Group buy means we talk to the dealer, tell them we want a great price, negotiate the price and then each one handles the financing, payment, delivery on their own. Nothing else. I won't buy the car and then ship it to you if you send a check, money order or any other nonsense like that. I don't care if you're the son of a Nigerian prince who has $200 million dollars stuck in a safe on cargo ship that is supposed to arrive any day now. If you're looking for a 2013 Passat , send me an email with the subject "2013 Passat TDI Group Buy" arikinthecity at gmail
  • mountainman58mountainman58 Member Posts: 2
    Excellent Feedback. I will keep poking around with a few other dealers in Northern Virginia. Totally agree with the $5k more for those options. The inventory at the dealership was very limited and of course they show you the top end model to get you interested.
  • ariknycariknyc Member Posts: 37
    Just my 2 cents, I don't understand how leasing a TDI makes any financial sense. The car is designed for long term use like 10+ years and high millage driving. Do the math and compare 3 years and millage with lease vs buy or do a TCO for 10 years when you compare a Passat TDI vs 3 separate leases including all costs. You will see that the Passat saves you thousands of dollars even before you factor in the gas savings.

On a short term lease with very limited miles even 15K/ year it just doesn't add up. I wish you luck either way and hope you get a great deal and a wonderfull car.
  • togrovetogrove Member Posts: 25
    Hello,

I test drove a Passat SE and a TDI SE. Is it just my impression that the TDI feel a bit more powerful than the SE? I am new to diesel fueled cars. What are the main reasons to buy a diesel car vs a gasoline-fueled car? Diesel price is about the same as regular gasoline where I live. If fuel economy is the main reason, I would need to take a closer look at the math. I drive no more than 10k miles a year. Does that make the SE a better choice?

Thanks.
    Let me give you my example. I owned a 2005 Passat Wagon TDI. I sold it a year after I bought it for $3000 more than I paid for it. Probably never happen again. Fast forward with that same Passat TDI.

If I had kept it clean and put 50k miles on it the trade-in value according to Edmunds would be $7572. When I bought mine in 2005 the 1.8T gasser model was actually selling for $200 less than the TDI. The trade-in on the gasser today is $5844. You can expect a diesel to return the difference when you sell it. So the pleasure of driving a diesel vs gas and the far better mileage are likely to pay off even more when you trade in on a new diesel. If you are buying a VW the TDI is the only thing that makes any sense.
  • matt_in_stlmatt_in_stl Member Posts: 6
    I just wanted to post my deal for others. I think I did very well, and was able to take advantage of the fact that one dealer has two locations nearby -- but they don't cooperate, separate businesses entirely.

MSRP: 29340
    Sale Price: 25623
    Trade in: 11500

Sale Price
    Trade Difference: 14123
    Dealer Charges: 199 ( I know,I know, but I talked them up $1000 on the trade-in)

Final Price: 14322
    Sales Tax: 852
    Window
    Tinting: 199

I had applied and was approved for 1.74% at PenFed, but gave the dealer a chance to meet or beat. I ended up with 1.44% for 60 months through VW.

I think I got good deal. I was able to get the high end for my trade-in and a nice starting discount.
  • rrocksrrocks Member Posts: 13
    Looks like a good deal. Congrats and enjoy!! TDI is the way to go.
  • danbeaudanbeau Member Posts: 11
    MSRP 27,120

Selling price $23,082
    Trade In $ 6,500
    6% Tax $ 995
    Tag Fees $ 182

OTD $17,759

They have to locate Night Blue over Black for me, but should be there Monday!
  • kitarkuskitarkus Member Posts: 1
    This will be my 2nd VW.....last one purchased was 26 years ago!

I dealt with 4 local dealers to purchase a 2013 Jetta Sportwagen. I purchased a silver, DSG auto, panoramic sunroof, came with monster matts and carpet matts, this is a non navigation model (they call this a "Premium Sunroof". List was $29,760.

I was told REPEATEDLY by other dealers that they COULD NOT make the deal that I desired. I was informed REPEATEDLY that they would be losing money. I finally got the deal done.

Mind you...a trade was involved....but I paid $23,801. I traded a 2001 loaded Acura TL with 167,500 miles. Here is the rub....other dealers offered me between $1500-$2500 for my trade (which sounds about right). I finally got the deal that I wanted when a dealer gave me $4K for my trade. With Trade and dealer fees my total was $23,801.34...I opted to pay the taxes myself outside of the loan. Given the real world trade value of my Acura....I feel like I really bought the Jetta for approx. $26,300 given that my trade was (at most) $2500 max at other dealers. I also took the 0% for 60 months with this deal.

I post this information here as I really appreciate others who have posted their experiences...it was very helpful to me. It took 4 dealers to get it done...but it is done. FYI...all other dealers were within hundreds of one another...it would have taken approximately $27,600 for the Jetta and they would have given me between $1500-$2500 for my trade.

After driving my TL for SOOOO many years...this car is quite a different experiment for me. I hope that I like it. Good luck all!
  • hkk1hkk1 Member Posts: 3
    Hi guys,
    Narrowed down my list to Passat TDI Manual. Emailed about 15 dealers in DFW, OKC, Houston & Austin. Only a few replies with actual quotes. Here's the best I have
    --------------------------------------------
    MSRP: $ 27,390.00
    Your Price: $ 23,235.00 plus TTL (6.25% Tax in Texas)
    -------------------------------------------
    OTD probably around $25.7. No 0% APR.
    From other posts, it seems people are able to get this for about $25k OTD. Considering, there are only 3 or 4 vehicles in Texas (most not my color choice), what price I can realistically target?

Also, one of the dealers tells me I can get either 0% or dealer cashback. Is that true? Can I not get both?

Thanks.
    You can get whatever the dealer is willing to give to sell a vehicle. I thought I had a lease all wrapped up on a VW Touareg TDI Lux this morning. I have the email in hand for 36 months 10K per year with $0 at closing. The monthly includes sales tax and first years license fee. I go into the dealership and sit while the salesman spends too much time talking to the manager. Finally they come out introduction all around and proceed to tell me the salesman forgot the $999 up front? I quickly told him that makes it $27.75 more per month. He reminds me they are leasing below invoice. I told him I would be in touch. And walked out. I refuse to be jacked around by a mere car dealer. I will probably write a nasty letter to their corporate headquarters. As my last purchase was from their Nissan dealer. Even when you have email in hand they will try to pull a fast one.
    This is an example of what makes buying a car, particularly leasing, such a challenge. You have to be on top of every little detail to make sure they don't change something or add a fee at the last minute. All the little games they play (e.g. "the salesman spends too much time talking to the manager") doesn't help the process. But you got it right -- just walk out if they change something.
  • flightnurseflightnurse Member Posts: 2,217
    It's a psychology game and dealers know how to play it VERY well. You did the right thing by walking out. I wonder if they will contact you to give you and try to get you to come back. Also dealer will listen in to conversations when the salesman gets up and go "talk" to the sales manager, this tactic is horrible. What kind of deal can you get going through the fleet department?
  • cosmocosmo Member Posts: 203
    Walking out on sales people and sales managers should be much more common, in fact, it should be the norm. In the past 50 years, I've learned to choose my make of car based on the car's specs and quality and the quality of the local dealers' service departments. I make my purchase based on the best price I can get from any dealer in the state. It's the service department and the car that you have to live with. If a local dealership refuses to service your car if you bought it somewhere else, the car is not worth having at any price. Not even a VW. I just bought my 2013 Passat TDI at the local dealer for a reasonable price with minimal haggling because they knew I had walked out twice previously in the last nine years and bought two TDI's elsewhere.
    The Salesman from Mossy VW did in fact call and email me after. I told them I would not deal with his manager. I told him he was unethical and also reported him to Mossy Corporate. I did buy my Nissan Frontier from Mossy Nissan. If that counts for anything. I am now in sort of limbo on a new vehicle. Not sure if I should lease the Mercedes ML350 Bluetec, wait for the Jeep GC diesel to show up or just save my money and drive the old beaters. I will probably lease something before the end of the year. It will be a diesel SUV for sure. As Carman already told me VW does not have good leases. I did give Mossy first chance as they are the closest dealer to me. I had better salesman experience at both Southbay VW and Kearney Mesa VW. If either had a vehicle I wanted I would be giving them a shot. Only one left in the state I would consider. But not with VW leasing terms.
    Can anyone fill me in on the following?
    - What does the maintenance of the current Passat involve? Dealet tells me Oil changes are only once every 10k miles. Is that practical?
    - How's the reliability?

I am torn between Accord and Passat. Hoping to get some help in making the decision.

Thanks
    HK
  • kptaylorkptaylor Member Posts: 4
    Does anyone know the current money factor and residual for a 36 month lease with 12K miles for a Passat TDI SE w/manual transmission? Does the national/regional deal for the TDI SE w/sunroof ($309/mo) offer a better money factor and/or residual?

Thanks for the help!

Kevin
  • flightnurseflightnurse Member Posts: 2,217
    edited July 2013
    I wasn't aware you lived in SD. I knew a couple of people who worked for Mossy Nissan when "Mossy" was first starting to get a foot in the SD market. I never thought that Mossy was the type of dealership that played games, but of course times have changed, and I moved from SD in 97'.
    Hi,
    After a week of back and forth with several dealers, I finally put down $500 deposit for the following.

Passat TDI SE Manual
    $24.6k OTD (including 6.25 Texas Title)

The car is in Austin and has about 250 miles on it (because it was traded from FortWorth to Austin sometime back). The dealer is going to get it from there to DFW, so the car is gonna have about 500 miles on it by the time I pick it up.

Looking at some of the other purchases posted here, others have done a few to several hundred dollars better, but the fact that there are only about 10 cars in the entire state of Texas, and only 2 of the color that I wanted, I figure it's an ok deal.

Feel free to chime in.
    -HK
  • cpoeclasscpoeclass Member Posts: 11
    edited July 2013
    Bought a 2013 Golf TDI 4 door (DSG, sunroof/nav) yesterday for $500 under invoice. Only other thing outside of normal taxes and fees was a $389 "dealer profit fee." I had planned on leasing a new car, but got 0% financing for 72 months from VW credit (not a penny out of pocket yesterday), so I bought instead. My experience is that VW residuals tend to be low verus Honda, for example, and they don't lease particlarly well for that reason.

Dealers were falling all over themselves to sell me a car at invoice, I actually changed what I was asking for to $500 under the day I bought the car. I still think I may have left some money on the table, but was tired of dealing with it and the deal seemed good enought as-is, especially with the cheap money thrown in.

I suspect the deals on 2013s will just get better with the new generation just about here, but supply of the MKVIs (at least TDI Golfs) seemed to be getting a little thin, and I was somewhat specific as to what I wanted.
  • tifightertifighter Member Posts: 3,582
    Meaning around $27.1k?

23 Civic Type-R / 22 MDX Type-S / 21 Tesla Y LR / 03 Montero Ltd

• cpoeclasscpoeclass Member Posts: 11
    edited July 2013
    Around $27,350. At least around here in Denver, every single car I looked at had the moster mats as a factory installed option (on the original window sticker) and about half had the $35 first aid kit. Mine had both.
  • ksankarksankar Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2013
    I am being offered a 2013 cpo jetta TDI w/premium at 10215 miles for 19000...
    This will give me almost 4 yrs or 48k B2B coverage
    O. R.
    A NEW 2013 Jetta tdi w/premium/nav for 22444 plus TTL,yes it is with nav
    (Not zero apr!)
    The dealer said some kind of sale on tdi !?!..here in Atlanta
    Wife says go for new one..any thoughts?
    Cheers
    Kalyan
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,142
    A news reporter is looking to talk with a Volkswagen owner-enthusiast for an upcoming story. If you think you can help, please send a message with your preferred contact information to [email protected] by Sunday, August 4, 2013.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? [email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• jaxcarlsonjaxcarlson Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2013
    Hello,
    New to this forum, but I wanted to get some feedback about a deal I am being offered. I am looking at the 2013 Jetta TDI Premium + Navi. It's black (or blue) with the corn silk interior. I guess the invoice is 25,866, and there is 2,000 in incentives as well as a 'special' discount of $500. The dealer added the floormats and first aid kit, $270 i think. That makes the price 23366 plus ttl = 25,498 OTD. How does this stack up? Any other feedback is welcome as well. Thanks!
  • cliv13cliv13 Member Posts: 1
    I bought a 2013 brand new, dark grey with black leather. It is an automatic premium so touch screen, fender sound system with sub, sun roof, etc. They also threw in free ceramic window tint. If you add my tade in value to the OTD price, I paid 23,675 including TTL. I live in Texas. that's lowr than true car, Edmunds, or kbb by a long shot. the invoices on these cars are cheaper than you think and with 14s hitting the ltos they want them gone. Try negotiating down to about 2-3 below sticker price OTD and then get that quote and tell them you are walking out to another dealership to see if they can match it. Call both dealerships back and forth until one caves, I got an additional 1,300 off and then TTL included so about 2,500 less than what I had negotiated at the dealership myself. It may seem rude but you are the consumer make them work for it, flat out walk out and say you are calling another dealership to see if they can bet it and you haven't even gotten close to earning my business. Just a tip, I bought this car new two weeks ago for that price in texas just FYI
  • gfrombeygfrombey Member Posts: 1
    I have been back and forth with several dealers and pricing seems all over the place. First time buying a VW and need some advice I where I should be on a 2013 Golf TDI. 4 DR with TECH and DSG. MSRP's are low 29,000s not including the Destination Charge of $795.

I am being told invoice is 28,537. How accurate is this number?

Thanks you for the help.
  • eliaselias Member Posts: 2,209
    Edmunds invoice numbers are accurate - you can just plug in the car and options.
    Remember that the invoice price is constructed to give the customer another fixed-reference. It doesn't necessarily relate to what the dealer actually paid for the car.
    Negotiate the lowest price you can - it can be lower than invoice sometimes. Recently i've been reading about people buying VWs for below invoice price but I've never gotten such a good price. (During the 2000s I bought 4 VW TDIs, best was for $500 under MSRP.)
    It seems to be different for different models at VW. While getting our 20 day inspection and car wash on the Touareg our salesman let us test drive the newest Beetle TDI retro looking model. It was fun driving around town. He told me a few hundred off MSRP was about it. Grand daughter could not get a dime off her Sportswagen TDI last year. Location is a big factor as well. The price you pay in San Diego for a Touareg TDI is much less than the same vehicle in Salt Lake City. I know I tried.
    The newJetta TDI w/ premium and nav for 22444 sounds like a really good deal. What type of tires? Did you get it?
  • jennifer63jennifer63 Member Posts: 7
    You can file a complaint with the government agency that watches over recalls for safety issues like this http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov

Jetta is more than just sluggish, as some of its reviewers have stated, it is down right unsafe. When the car regularly takes several seconds to respond when you press the gas pedal, won't down shift, or misfires and results in a "reduction in performance" or what I call a several second complete loss of power, it puts you and other drivers around you at risk for accidents that could have deadly results.

Other effected models beetle golf rabbit eos gti r32 tiguan touareg hybrid cc.
    Years 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013
  • jennifer63jennifer63 Member Posts: 7
    You can file a complaint with the government agency that watches over recalls for safety issues like this http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov

Jetta is more than just sluggish, as some of its reviewers have stated, it is down right unsafe. When the car regularly takes several seconds to respond when you press the gas pedal, won't down shift, or misfires and results in a "reduction in performance" or what I call a several second complete loss of power, it puts you and other drivers around you at risk for accidents that could have deadly results.

Other effected models beetle golf rabbit eos gti r32 tiguan touareg hybrid cc.
    Years 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013
  • hrweatherhrweather Member Posts: 3
    edited August 2013
    My experience at the VW dealership tonight here in San Diego has inspired me to post on this thread. I literally printed out this message by cliv13 and took it with me as ammo in negotiating. After reading it, the salesman was basically... "this was in texas, its not comparable, different sales tax, etc." but i was pretty poker face about it and replying with, "i dont care the deal was made in texas, make it happen."

he also prefaced with generally when they have promotions you either get to take advance of the 0% APR or cash discounts, not both.

(I'm not sure what kind of financing deal you got cliv13, did you get the 0% APR on 2013 Jetta TDIs going on now till Sept. 3rd?)

In any case, I believe my research on this site and your note did in fact get me a great deal tonight for the exact same car:

2013 Jetta TDI Premium (Metallic Gray)
    all bells and whistles...fender sound system, leatherette, touch screen, sirius, sunroof, rubber floor mats / first aide ...

Sale price: $23,950 (customer discount off list price $2710) + TTL (~$2200)
    no money down and none due at signing, 0% APR for 72 months

i was shown the invoice of the car being a little over $25,000

...and just as I planned for my final negotiation item, right before agreeing to it all I said to throw in free window tinting and we had a deal. he was resistant at first but did the whole talk to the manager thing, and quickly came back to me to put out his hand to shake. cant believe it... everything literally worked in my favor.

btw a little background for me: went through this last year with intent to purchase a passat (same time of year and they had the 0% APR/60 month deal), but got talked into a lease for lower payments. was always a bit buyers remorse about it since im loyal and happy with cars for a long time (had my 2002 Jetta for 10 yrs/ 100k miles). Then come last sunday my car was hit head-on by a drunk driver running a red arrow and my car was totaled. obviously a terrible situation, but I walked out completely fine and just have to deal with an insurance claim. im safe and healthy (pretty sure.. heres hoping nothing randomly comes up) and i got my do-over. better negotiating and ownership instead of lease with a more fuel-efficient car. oh and moral to the story is... VW makes SAFE cars and airbags and seat belts DO save lives.
  • eliaselias Member Posts: 2,209
    great info, glad you are OK. some injuries (spine/discs/bone-spurs) can take 10 years to result in symptoms (or surgery) after an accident - been there done that.

thanks for posting all the details. enjoy your new VW. maybe see you on freds tdi club too (it's the 2nd coolest automotive web site on the internet!).
    Thanks for the detailed report. Which dealership in San Diego? No salesman names allowed. My recent VW purchase was good as well with Kearny Mesa VW. Hope you don't suffer any ill effects from your accident. Safe cars from VW is a big selling point.

Be sure and keep us posted on how you like your new Jetta TDI
    edited August 2013
    It was Kearny Mesa VW as well -- same place I worked with last year except they were under construction working out a trailer. The new facility is great! I stopped by City VW before making my deal and they have such a small space and inventory. The guy who came out to me looked like he was 19 and admitted he was new to car sales -- no thanks. I politely said I was gonna think things over. I've never heard good things about City.

Ill also mention I went in and told the sales guy "look, I dont want to do the BS dance around a price, back and forth speaking to a manager, writing numbers on a notepad thing. I want to cut to the chase, this is the number I want (handing him the printout mentioned before), give me your best offer." Personally, I dont like too much haggling and I feel like the gentlemen took me seriously and respected me. Doing research on here really helped! I've been told walking away and contacting other dealers to beat pricing works in your favor, but getting a nearly $3k discount and 0% APR for 72 MONTHS seemed like a very good offer. Obviously I wish I had gotten the price tax including.. but I do respect CA and TX are apples and oranges for fees. Plus, inventory of the 2013 Jetta TDI is getting very small and most had the Nav which I didnt want to pay for.

And thank you guys for the well wishes. I'm covering all my bases with going to doctors, scheduled for a CT scan to check for concussion, spinal x-ray and nerve analysis. honestly cant believe i walked out of that car without a scrape, bruise, anything. Ive never had an airbag go off on me and all it felt like was a floaty cloud brushing against my face. really think it was the seat belt doing its job (but no bruise from it). i might have been going as fast as 40 mph with no time to even hit the brake. seriously impressed with how well these VWs are made. my passat was like mike tyson being hit in the face: def got his face ALL messed up but stood his ground. poor thing really took one for the team.

and i definitely will! i enjoyed test driving it...wish i could have tested a manual but there literally arent any available. its coming from LA today and I should get it this afternoon.
    I got the same fair treatment from Kearny Mesa VW. They found the Touareg I wanted in the color and interior over in AZ. I know there were only a few left on the West Coast. The dealer that I talked to in Salt Lake would not match the price I got. I did use USAA for the best price which they matched. I only got the 60 month $0 dn 0% financing. They may have kicked it up for August. We closed the end of July. They trucked the vehicle over here from AZ and picked up the cost. When I looked at the window sticker in the back I realized the AZ dealer added some Desert Protection package, 5 year vehicle theft recovery, Window tint and lifetime nitrogen. Which was $1400 that did not show up on my contract. Not sure if any of it is actually worth anything. Sometime the dealer add-ons are just that. Higher prices. I read the Desert Protection is a scam that people pay as much as $2000 additional. Our dealer did not play those games with me.

I walked away from Mossy VW when they tried pulling a fast one on a deal they emailed me.
    thats great to hear you got the same fair treatment...imagine gaining a highly known reputation of having fair & honest salespeople to dont jerk you around. pretty sure everyone interested in VW would choose that dealer. I'm an active member on yelp.com too, so I plan to write a nice review. most people only write bad reviews of dealers on the site.

the 0% APR for 72 months is a promo only for the Jetta TDI. Last year the TDI's were excluded from the deal completely... this is a great time to buy them. Also why I appreciated the slight buying pressure of do now or die. If it wasnt for that financing deal I wouldnt have been able to justify the price to buy instead of leasing again (or giving up the lovely premium).

I agree the add-ons are a bit of a scam. I hate signing the contract after spending 4 hours at the dealer and being presented with all these additional suggested features. I'm going back to resign today to take off the extended warranty I got (finally caved with the AAA & costco member added discount on the (she said) already discounted labor day special. for $1960 I got 7 years / 70k full coverage. however she never mentioned a $100 deductible if you dont get serviced at the purchasing dealer. and since you are fully covered for 3 years... that really means spending $500 a year to be covered.

the whole reason im sticking with VW is the fact I'm confident my car wont have a bunch of problems down the road. I probably only spend a couple $1,000 outside of standard maintenance on my first jetta I had 10 yrs with over 100k on it.

i am, however, keeping the gap coverage for $10/month (also discounted for AAA % costco) as this car purchase is all due to a totaled car hit by a drunk.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited August 2013
    That is a great buy for $24,600 including taxes. For a frame of reference, my competing mid-size Optima EX 4 door sedan stickered for $24,260, and I negotiated $22,500 with an extended warranty, plus 4.5% VA tax and finance charges I was OTD for $24,900. The figures are all a little different, but the result is that we pretty much paid exactly the same $.

Can't go wrong in the mid-size category these days as long as you stay with the major players. The Passat is certainly one of them.

The only competitor that the VW TDI lineup has to worry about is the new Mazda 6 TD. It will have 173 HP and 310 lb-ft Torque out of it's all aluminum, ultra low-compression (14 to 1) twin-scroll turbo. It will be in showrooms in late October.
  • ikedcikedc Member Posts: 5
    new in 05.5 now approaching 3000000. love it.