Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Acura RL Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• maohaomaohao Posts: 5
    I got a quote from the dealer, a new one with wood steering, shift know, trunk mat, wheel nut for 48000, and one with 2k mile with same thing, but with extended 5yr/7yr powertrain warrenty for 48000, are those fair price. should I wait for it to go down little more, seems the dealer had a lot of RL in stock that is not moving. Also, I really like the back up camera and laser cruise control the RL doesn't offer. Thanks.
  • msu79gt82msu79gt82 Posts: 541
    In my opinion a used RL (2000 miles) for $48K is NOT a good price at all. I have rec'd quotes here in Houston for mid to upper $44K and I KNOW I can get one for less. Other forums are reporting sales in the upper $43s for a new one.
  • nebraskaguynebraskaguy Posts: 341
    Also, I really like the back up camera and laser cruise control the RL doesn't offer. Thanks.

I've commented before, but while the back-up camera is nice, the back-up sensors I had installed are perfectly adequate for me. Also, in theory, the laser cruise control sounds nice. However, a friend has one and has quit using it since whenever another car changes lanes with inadequate clearance, it feels like the brakes are being stomped. As a result, he only uses it in light traffic situations where it really isn't necessary anyway.
  • dphidphi Posts: 3
    For nebraskguy:
    Can you tell me how the dealer installed backup sensor system gives you information? Is it audible? Is it integrated into the Nav display? I just test drove a new LS430 with the B/U camera and was completely underwhelmed by the camera's abilities. I think the Lexus Parktronic sensor system alone would have been enough. That said, I hope it to be true for the RL as well.
    Can you tell me how the dealer installed backup sensor system gives you information? Is it audible?

Yes, it's audible. As you back towards an object, you hear a series of beeps that grow more rapid as you get closer. When you're about one foot from the object, the beeps become one long sound. If you keep going, you get another series of beeps that are louder than the first set. In the second series of beeps, you get one long sound when you're about 1" from the object - makes parallel parking a snap. It works quite well, actually, though I wish the beeps were a little louder. It also beeps if an object is sligthly to the side and the rear. This is nice in parking garages where there are columns and other objects.
  • cstilescstiles Posts: 465
    How much did they charge to install this option? Can you shut if off or is it always on?
    How much did they charge to install this option? Can you shut if off or is it always on?

I'm not sure how much I paid, but it was somewhere around $500. I'm sure it's negotiable, especially now that RLs are apparently not moving as fast as dealers would like. No, you can't shut it off, it's always on.
  • robertashrobertash Posts: 13
    I calculate that to $48,866. Plus $800 in extras and approx $200 for tags. This sounds like a few hundred less than $50K
    Also, I really like the back up camera and laser cruise control the RL doesn't offer.

I was talking to a coworker this morning and remembered he'd had both - backup sensors on his last BMW and backup camera on his FX. I asked him which he preferred. He said no contest - backup sensors. He said there are several problems with a backup camera:

1. You have to focus your attention on the screen instead of looking all around
    2. If you're parallel parking with a small, low car behind you, it's hard to tell when you get too close
    3. When it's raining, if your camera lens gets spattered, everything gets distorted

As a result, he said the only time he really depends on it is in our awful parking garage at work with all its pillars and other obstructions.
  • mevandemevande Posts: 190
    Msu78gt82 shared : "" Other forums are reporting sales in the upper $43s for a new one. "" What other forums? I agree paying 48K is nuts and BAD deal.

Let me know..

Mike
  • mevandemevande Posts: 190
    PS.. This forum has been slow of late, does that show lack of interest in the RL :confuse:
    Both here and on acurazine :shades:
  • wgmacwgmac Posts: 5
    I just bought the 2005 Acura RL for $43,268, this past weekend, with splash guards and wheel locks. The weekend before they wanted $45,700 for the same car. One of the salesmen said in passing that "the factory is offering support to help clear the 2005 RLs". I hope this cheers some of you out there. I couldn't wait any longer. I chose the Lakeshore Silver with the taupe interior.
    I just bought the 2005 Acura RL for $43,268

Contgrats on the purchase of a great car at a fantastic price! You'll love the car.
  • wgmacwgmac Posts: 5
    Thanks! I'm still getting use to the looks. It's so different from my old 1998 RL! Mainly the front hood area, it's so abbreviated. My wifes a sweetheart,.... she took over the 1998, and I drive the 2005 most of the time.
    I'm still getting use to the looks. It's so different from my old 1998 RL! Mainly the front hood area, it's so abbreviated.

Yes, it is. I went from a 99RL to the 05. The only thing I don't like is that you can't see either the front end or the back end which makes parallel parking a challenge. I had the backup sensors installed which really helps.
  • sgl1sgl1 Posts: 34
    Wow, that's about $1k below invoice! What part of the country do you live? I was quoted invoice about a week ago. I'm not sure that's such a great deal now. . . The "special support" you're talking about - - do you think the factory raised the dealer hold-back amount? I think dealer hold-back was about 2%.
  • jfine1jfine1 Posts: 3
    acura 05 rl
    1400 down, also take care of last saab payment of 450
    36month /12miles/yr
    615 +tax/month
  • bluzzzzmanbluzzzzman Posts: 21
    Just saw an ad from a local Acura dealer. (D.C. Area) '05 RL's...$41,900!!
  • mightyomightyo Posts: 2
    I just saw my local Acura dealer. He said that they have a new incentive program that just started on Saturday, June 11th, 2005 through Honda Finance. It's about $ 3,500 down and $ 599 / month for 48 months. Unfortunately, you add 7 % Cook County, IL tax and doc. fee etc.... it jumps to about $ 725 / month. Or, I could put down $ 7,000 or $ 7,500 / month (I forget) to get the payments back down to
    $ 599.

My company budget is $ 550 / month inclusive. Does anyone think that the 2006's coming on board will get the lease down to the $ 550 / month inclusive? Maybe on a used 2005? Or am I smoking Crack?
    Bluzzzman - Would you mind revealing the dealer in DC that advertised that price??? I'm looking for one in the DC area. . . thx.

"Just saw an ad from a local Acura dealer. (D.C. Area) '05 RL's...$41,900!! "
    Sure. It was Pohanka Acura. They are in Chantilly, VA. I'm sure other dealers in the area would have to match or come close to that price. All seem to have a lot of stock and need to clear out the '05's as '06's will be on their way in a few short months.

http://www.pohankaacura.com/en_US/
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,933
    That is no deal... that is the advertised lease that they've had for months..

Leasing in Illinois is not advantageous from a sales tax standpoint... I'd concentrate on getting a low selling price (below invoice?), and finance the purchase...

regards,
    kyfdx

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

"Sure. It was Pohanka Acura. They are in Chantilly, VA."

I was working with Pohanka last week - they gave me an offer at invoice. Can you tell me where you saw the ad., Washington Post, local paper, TV, etc?
    The ad was on either ABC7 or 9 5PM local news..not sure which. Was last evening. Could have been a "from 41,900" with "one at this price" deal...did not see the fine print as it went by quickly. I thought I had heard that the factory was giving the dealers a new incentive as of a few days ago to move em though.
  • mightyomightyo Posts: 2
    My company has given me a budget to lease a car for $ 550. Do any of you see that number in the future for a 2005 RL? This includes tax etc...
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,933
    Not really... A really strong lease deal on any car with a $50K MSRP would be $600/mo. tax included..

That is about as low as I ever see the RL going..... not even sure it will get down that low....

If the budget is $550, you should probably be looking at cars with an MSRP of $35K-$45K at most..

regards,
    kyfdx

PS.. I'm assuming 3yr/45K...

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

Was at the dealership during lunch and basically offered an RL for $100 over Invoice.
    Just saw the ad again. This time I was waiting for it and got all the info. Seems it's for '05 certified pre-owned RL's..maybe demos or such. Sorry for the false alarm.
  • jfine1jfine1 Posts: 3
    i got an offer
    1400 down and they pay my last payment on my old car.(450)
    615month+tax for 36month , 12/yr
    i think this is good how do you figure what they are seeling it for then