Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2009 Nissan Skyline GT-R

Comments

• mantenamantena Posts: 2
    when is it coming out?? will it be later this year 2006 or early 2007.
  • travis77travis77 Posts: 63
    yep,, march 06 motor trend mag says they will be officially imported to the U.S. this time. Comin in a 3.5 liter twin turbo and sold in either left or right hand drive versions. They say it's likely to be badged an Infiniti. They will be here late 2007.

here is a link to check it out,,, says the front end will be a lil bit differant.

http://www.motortrend.com/auto_shows/112_05tokyo_nissan_skyline_gtr_gallery/inde- x1.html
  • I spoke with the dealer who sold me a 2006 Infiniti G-35 Coupe about the GT-R. From what I gathered from him both Nissan and Infiniti are making models. Nissan will sell the Skyline and Infiniti will sell the GT-R. He informed me that the GT-R will be twin turboed (of course) and will put out around 600 hp. The price will be 92,000. It will come out either the middle or late 2007. He is going to forward me any information that he has and gets. And keep me posted on both vehicles.
  • giantkillergiantkiller Posts: 273
    Carlos Ghosn announced that the GTR will be release as a Nissan. I'm so excited by this announcement. I've been fascinated by this legendary sports car for several years now. Although Infiniti and Nissan is the same, I prefer it to be under the Nissan badge to continue that tradition of the previous GTR's. I hoped that I can save enough money for this car and I hoped that they will price it under 60K.
  • andy82471andy82471 Posts: 120
    That might be wishful thinking. You are talking about a car that is as quick or maybe quicker than a 911 Turbo. I seriously doubt that kind of performance can be had for under 60K. I am guessing somewhere between 65 and 80K.
  • hawkrockhawkrock Posts: 1
    According to IGN, the car will be out in spring 2008 in the states and be under the Nissan name.
    soure:
    Link
  • nihilnihil Posts: 1
    Hi all,

I was driving on the interstate in Bismarck, ND three weeks ago and I spotted an interesting looking car. I hadn't seen it before so I look it over closely as I went by it. It was black and looked exactly like this car with one major exception. On the front, it wasn't badged as a GTR, it had a circular chrome ring with the word Skyline running through it. I am not kidding.

At first, I thought someone had gotten a Skyline badge and put it on something else. I thought the car wasn't going to be arriving here for quite some time. Thing is, this car doesn't resemble anything else that closely, the headlights alone are unique, and I KNOW that they were identical.

I know it seems strange, but I feel like I saw a freaking unicorn or something and just had to tell someone. Who knows, maybe I'm not the only one to see it.

Anyone?
  • carlisimocarlisimo Posts: 1,280
    nihil, it would help if you told us what car looks like the one you saw, and clarify on "the headlights alone are unique, and I KNOW that they were identical."

It may have been a 2007 Infiniti G35; it's getting a facelift and the only big change is new lights. In Japan the Infiniti G35 is called the Nissan Skyline 350GT (the base Skyline has a smaller engine), so it's not too weird to put Skyline badges on a G35.

But the badge you saw (circle with "Skyline" through it) doesn't sound like any of the badges Nissan has used on Skylines in Japan. Sounds aftermarket to me.
  • ryefellowryefellow Posts: 1
    Hello I saw a car with a Skyline Logo on I95 yesterday. I drive a G35X and the car looked exactly like my car but a little more flared out with a Skyline Logo on the Middle of the rear Trunk space and a GTR on the lower right where the G35X logo is on my car. Is this a clone or the new car?
  • bumpybumpy Posts: 4,435
    It's a clone. The Infiniti G35 and Nissan Skyline 350GT are basically the same car (except for the steering wheel location and other little bits required for the US and Japanese markets). More than a few people have put Skyline lettering and badges on their G35s in the last few years.
  • motownusamotownusa Posts: 836
    http://www.caranddriver.com/carnews/11023/spied-2009-nissan-skyline-gt-r.html

Question for the host: Since CAR & DRIVER confirmed that the GTR is coming in Spring of 08 and not 07 can be change the title of the thread to 2008 ?
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,907
    Gottit :)

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• rockyleerockylee Wyoming, MichiganPosts: 13,989
    How much will one cost ?

Rocky
    Never mind $65K + Dealer overages. :surprise:

Rocky
  • motownusamotownusa Posts: 836
    Whether it’s called the Nissan Skyline GT-R or just the Nissan GT-R, the 2009 model is expected to cost $75,000 when it goes on sale in the U.S. in the spring of 2008.

Sorry Rocky, you are off by 10 grand. :P
    Well I read what one poster put earlier in the forum. I heard the $75K figure throwin around a few months back then I read a few pages back and saw someone put $65K. Well as awesome as the car will be it is way to rich for my blood. Besides if I was going to spend that much for a decorated G35 Coupe, I'd go buy a Z-06' and wax it's butt.
    I'm going to laugh when some spoiled rich kid rolls up at a stop light in a GT-R and a 2008 or 09 Caddy CTS-V with 600 horsepower smokes em' like a cheap cigar :shades:

Rocky
  • proeproe Posts: 157
    "Besides if I was going to spend that much for a decorated G35 Coupe, I'd go buy a Z-06' and wax it's butt.
    I'm going to laugh when some spoiled rich kid rolls up at a stop light in a GT-R and a 2008 or 09 Caddy CTS-V with 600 horsepower smokes em' like a cheap cigar"

First of all, it is not G35 coupe, it is Porsche killer. GT-R eats Porsche for lunch and that is why it is called the Fastest Mass Production Car in the world period. Also, you can tune the car to 1000hp easily, so I think the Caddy CTS-V will be left in the dust :P

I don't think it will cost only 65K. With 500hp and twin turbo charged AWD, it is goiing to cost at least 75K to 80K since it probably targets Porsche Turbo.
  • What makes that car able to be tuned up to 1000hp. and if it actually can be that would be insane please fil me in on how the powertrain and suspension sytem can handle something like that from production. and the new CTS has what kind of engine that will pump 600 hp. and is that stock.
  • im not sure on this but i thought they stopped making skylines i might be wrong though. but where can i find more info on this car and can someone explain the set up this automobile would have?
    'm going to laugh when some spoiled rich kid rolls up at a stop light in a GT-R and a 2008 or 09 Caddy CTS-V with 600 horsepower smokes em' like a cheap cigar

You'll find the video on notgonnahappen.com. There is no way any 2-wheel-drive Cadillac could beat any GT-R off the line. The Caddy will either turn donuts at the light from all the torque steer and wheel hop, or the computer will turn that 600hp into 200hp and give the CTS driver a quick view of the GT-R's tail lamps.
    The CTS Super-V is good for 600 horsepower according to this site and others on the net using the 7.0 V-8 ;)

I'll take you up on that race bumpy. If the new CTS-V stays around it's current price, I will buy one. You buy yourself a GT-R and we'll see. ;)

Rocky
    GM could make a 6000 hp CTS-UltraV if it wanted to, but it still wouldn't have the suspension or wheels capable of putting the full horsepower rating to the pavement. ATTESA all-wheel drive will prevail every time, though preheated Fatty McGees (drag slicks) on the CTS might make it worth watching. :P
    LOL, bumpy :P we don't know what the suspension on the CTS-V will look like yet. ;)

Rocky
  • probably will be the same magnaride stuff that the vette carries
  • hakazehakaze Posts: 1
    "First of all, it is not G35 coupe, it is Porsche killer. GT-R eats Porsche for lunch and that is why it is called the Fastest Mass Production Car in the world period. Also, you can tune the car to 1000hp easily, so I think the Caddy CTS-V will be left in the dust"

1000 HP is achieveable in RB26DETT and has been done before. However, people are just quoting stuff from rumors and web site. In reality, it costs crap load of money and you seriously compromise reliability of the engine and drivetrain. Unless you like replacing engine, gear box, and crankshafts every other day you probably don't want 1000 HP GTR. Best GTRs are tuned to around 500 - 550 HP.

As far as CTS goes, it may be tunable to 600 HP but you are talking rear wheel drive. As with ALL rear wheel drive, you will have hard time putting down the all the power you have especially with that much power. With you get higher and higher with HP, traction becomes the biggest issue especially in the wet. That's why you never see AMGs achieve a real good 1/4 mile despite the fact they have crazy torque figures.

Just to prove that I'm not talking out of my a**, let me give a real situation. Could you dump clutch at 8000 RPM and still use all that 600 HP in a CTS-V? Nope. You will just spin tires and go nowhere. Well, I've done that in my GTR R33 (only 425HP) many times and put all the power down without a problem. In GTR, rear tire will squeal for 1/10th of second, all four tires hook up with the pavement and you are gone.

As far as Z06 goes, yes, it's a great car but it's still a Corvette. I would never be caught dead in a car with such a ugly butt. If you wanna ride a vette, all the power to ya.
  • For the real deal on the vaunted japanese beast try the the following series of videos from best motoring international;Skyline the prodigy,RB muscle,Porsche turbo,350Z shock,etc.These will give you real track testing of most of the latest hot cars from japan and europe with pro driver's in 3-5 lap battles at various tracks in japan.FORGET ABOUT THAT HILLBILLY NASCAR CRAP OF 4 LEFT TURNS IN CARS THAT AREN'T STREET LEGAL.These are factory cars being pushed to limit on street tires and wheels.Also throw away those numbers from the factory of 0-60 and 1/4 mile.A .2 or .4 difference can be a simple miss shift on the street loss.The part people miss buying a car is the quality-realiablity-resale question.Will this be desirable 5-10yrs later.LOOK at most 5 yrs old plus american cars and ask would you by it???.Then look at what its worth verse what it was new.Currently 1993-98 supra's are the king's of resale value,then come the 1993-95 RX-7's,then 1990-96 300zx's and 1991-98 3000GT's.300zx's sold the best so more aval.Vette's and Viper's are ok if you like 50's tech engines and using the warranty,but recent news has GM looking for partners to bail them out(30 yrs of crappy product)
  • OK, someone needs to help me out here. I just saw a blue "Nissan Skyline" (looked like a Infinity G35) in Webster, New York. Saw Nissan logo on back with SKYLINE under it. From what I have been reading this is not possible, but I saw it. Any clues on how this is possible?
  • Yeah I've seen quite a few G35s like this. The Infiniti G35 is actually called the Nissan Skyline in Japan, so a lot of people like to remove the Infiniti logo and put on the Skyline emblem.
  • nwngnwng Posts: 664
    that alone would net at least a 20 hp gain at the wheel
This discussion has been closed.