Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

DODGE DAKOTA QUAD CAB

1323334353638»

Comments

• Options
    slr9589slr9589 Member Posts: 121
  • Options
    iowabigguyiowabigguy Member Posts: 552
    I finally got the leftovers from my Quad Cab sold on Ebay. Got the Leer topper sold locally and my spare set if tires with the Blizzak snow tires shipped off today to spend the winter on a Dakota R/T that lives in New York. I've still got the brand new spare tire from my Quad (15x8 with the 255 65/15 Eagle LS) that has been sitting in my garage since my truck was new. I forgot I had a cruddy tire and rim from my 93 on it as a spare when I traded for Monster Quad. Guess that will go to Ebay too! How did people get rid of their extra things before online auctions?
    Monster Quad is fast approaching 6,000 miles with no problems other than a lazy headlight. The drivers side lo/hi beam does not turn on on the first time. Turn it off and back on or flash the high beams and it turns on and works till the next morning/evening. I put some of those Xenon headlight bulbs in and those might be part of the problem. I upgraded the factory radio with another factory radio. I found a kind of rare radio with the code RBU. What makes this different is it will work with headphones as well as play through the speakers. My daughters have questionable taste in music and being a nice Dad I usual let them listen to their "music". The RBU radio has a headphone switch on the faceplate. When you press that the radio turns off the rear speakers and you listen to whatever you had selected thru the front speakers. For example say I was listening to an FM radio station. That would make available to the back seat passengers the cassette tape or CD player part of the radio. They pop in their CD and with an infrared remote control select the tracks they want and listen on their wireless headphones (also from Ebay, came from a Chrysler Pacifica) The CD player (or tape) plays independent of the FM portion of the radio and everyone gets to enjoy their music. My only question is why didn't they have these things 15 years ago. I really would have enjoyed those family vacations. My next step is to hook up a 6CD changer or satellite radio so the rear seat passengers or myself have additional choices. As long as I stay with the Mopar parts everything is still controlled by the rear seat remote control independent of the front seat passengers music choice. Rick
  • Options
    bookittybookitty Member Posts: 1,303
    Stephen, your trucks sounds really cool. 300 horses should move you along quite smartly. Enjoy!

Bookitty
  • Options
    bookittybookitty Member Posts: 1,303
    Rick, any sound system that would allow listening to a ball game while the kids are "twisting and turning" in the back seat, can't be bad. Happy to hear that you sold the stuff that was now surplus to your needs.

Bookitty
This discussion has been closed.