Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Subaru B9 Tribeca (B9X)

Comments

• wmquanwmquan Member Posts: 1,817
    They recorded a very good 60-0 braking distance of 125 feet.

But 0-60 mph of the 7-passenger version they tested was a sluggish 9.7 seconds. Motorweek often gets fast times out of the vehicles they test, so very disappointing.
  • photoguy2photoguy2 Member Posts: 164
    Okay, so we agree it's sluggish... SO WHAT! Have you driven one? Does it meet YOUR needs? My goodness, I can't believe how much emphasis people put on this issue! Again, I'm coming out of a Saab with it's excellent Turbo... I find the Tribeca acceptable! Even on the worst on ramp that I need to navigate which is uphill typically from a stand still it was FINE! As good as others? NO! Good enough? YES! Now lets talk about when you are going about 30 or 40 or 50 and punch it... FUN!

PEOPLE this is not a deal killer!
    Calm down, I wasn't saying it was a deal breaker for everyone. Just that it was disappointing, especially after all the speculation here.

Like you said, it's up to the invidividual purchaser. Even in your spirited response, you used terms like "acceptable" and "good enough." That will indeed be "fine" for a lot of buyers, but not for some buyers comparing it against the competition.

I'm sure that a Tribeca XT will rectify this in a future model year.
  • mikejlmikejl Member Posts: 78
    Wmquan - I don't dispute anything Motorweek says. I'm sure they are honestly reporting whatever test results they observed. But I put more trust in my own observations, and I would never call the Tribeca sluggish.

I've had sluggish cars and I've had two different turbo-charged cars. The Tribeca isn't a turbo by any means, but it is closer to the turbo than it is to the sluggish end. In the many times I had to merge into traffic that was moving at 70-80 mph on my trip, I was always able to match their speed within the length of the on-ramp, with plenty in reserve.

How you feel about it probably depends on what you are used to, so everyone will have their own perspective. My perspective is that the car has plenty of power and good acceleration, and that's backed up by some real-world driving experience.

Photoguy2 - that's a good thought about keeping some change in the top section of the center console. I have the remote for the DVD player in there now along with a spare pair of reading glasses. I'll have to pop some quarters in there and see how noisy it gets when I open both lids to access the bottom section. Maybe I'll put them in a small envelope to keep them from rattling around too much.
  • kmartinkmartin Member Posts: 427
    I have finally posted some pictures of my Atlantic Blue/Gray 7P Ltd.

http://members.cox.net/kamartin/new%20car%20pix.html

Enjoy!
    -Karen in AZ-
    Okay, I'm calm... but I do like the response from the poster after you! :) I think he puts it best in that it is closer to good than sluggish. Sorry if I went a bit overboard.. I just get worn out on reviews... drive it and see for yourself! By all means if you need sports car acceleration then try the Porsche Cheyenne.

As you may or may not know Saab announced a go ahead for thier new 9-6 which will be based on the B9 Tribeca. It will be interesting to see if they put thier turbo technology into it. It is my understanding the Saab and Subaru shared some amount of co-design for the Tribeca as it is. This would seem likely especially now that we know that the 9-6 will essentially share the platform.
    NICE!! Nice job posting the pics, enjoy the ride Karen. We have got to find a way for you to be able to direct connect your iPod! I'll work on that.
    You're my hero, photoguy2! :shades:
    It'd be wonderful if the Saab version had a turbocharged version of the H6. Though I think Subaru is more than capable of adding a turbo to the Tribeca themselves, as evidenced by the potent WRX, XT, and STi powerplants.

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for Saab to produce a significantly better Tribeca. Their two ports of other vehicles to date are rather lame. Basically they graft on a new nose and fiiddle with the interior a bit, throw in a longer warranty and some level of free scheduled maintenance, and up the sticker. They didn't even add Saab safety features. E.g. they didn't put side curtain airbags in the 9-2X when all other Saabs have them. The 9-7X was just crash-tested and it does as poorly as the GM SUV it's based on!

Fortunately, the Tribeca should do just fine in crash tests, so even if Saab doesn't improve the safety, it's fine.
  • shane850shane850 Member Posts: 36
    Has anyone put new wheels on their Tribeca? I am looking into putting 20-inch wheels on but so far have not had any luck finding offsets of the wheels and ones that fit.

If anyone has done this and could give me some information it would be appreciated.

Thanks

Shane
  • subienewbie2subienewbie2 Member Posts: 458
    My dealer is getting me contact info on a company that has purchased B9 wheels from SOA.

They stripped and Chrome Plated them.

They send you the Chromed wheels and you mount your tires and return the painted ones to them.

I will definitely do it - especially if the price is as quoted at $600.00

I will post the info when received.

If you find 20" wheels what size tire would they take? I would think the tire would have to be a very low profile and wouldn't that make for a much harsher ride and limit the ability to handle rough roads and pot holes?
  • x5killerx5killer Member Posts: 368
    PIcked up my Satin White Pearl B9 Tribeca 7 passenger limited with Desert Beige leather, DVD & NAV, and puddle lights yesterday!

To my pleaseant surprise it also has dual beige pin stripe! I prob wouldn't have paid extra for it but the fact that it has it was a nice bonus and makes the sides less plain looking especially on the white. Speaking of which the satin white pearl is a great color and what seems like all the colors offered for the B9 it is metallic which really adds the affect and makes even the white appear different in different lighting. My dad liked the satin white pearls metallic color better then his plain gloss white BMW 5 series believe it or not so kudos to Sub on the ext. colors.

I will try to get some pictures of the puddle lights as someone requested. I imagine they are the same on everyones but for some reason on mine they seemed wider but less deep then i remember them and also you can actually see them from the side sometimes where as before you used to have to bend down to see them. They don't show up during the day much as they are some type of bluish white led bulbs or something but at night they really are a cool effect and when we came out of the movies and hit unlock ppl who were walking by in parking lot already looking at beca and wondering what type of car it was were like whoaaa when the puddle lights came on.

Speaking of getting looks which is always fun wiht a new model ppl haven't seen I'm thinking of taking off the subaru lettering to add to the mystery more. You'd be surprised not only how many ppl just dont know about the B9 yet but also how many don't know the 5-6 star Subaru symbol which btw when you look close is a cool carbon fibre blue. So i would leave the sub symbols on front and back and just take off the Subaru lettering.

Anyone know the best way to get the silvering Subaru lettering off? I think I have read how before as it is the same for all cars.

Have to go take her for a spin and my woman is calling for me so... but real quick the DVD player is great but i think its over precautious that you have to put parking brake on to watch on NAV screen, park would be sufficient but its worth a really cool feature. Portable mp3 player to the rear audio inputs is the best and overall everything is just great.

Just to not sound like a biased owner I will say reinforce what others have said that the cargo cover is a real disappointment and annoying getting on and off, but if you leave it either on or off then its not so bad. The only excuse i can think for them is that with the 3rd row they couldn't make a more permanent one but still the 5 passenger version should have got a better one since it doesnt' have that problem but then 7 passenger ppl like myself who really only got it for the NAV would be pissed.

more later...
  • c_hunterc_hunter Member Posts: 4,487
    Glad to see all the comments from new owners!! You guys make a very compelling case for the vehicle.

Dental floss is pretty effective getting badges off -- just slide it under the lettering and saw/pull to cut through the adhesive. Follow up with something safe to get the residue off -- I prefer WD-40 myself, and/or rubbing alcohol. Even a good cleaner wax will do. Rub/blot gently with a soft cloth so as to not leave swirls/scratches.

Regarding the line in for iPod -- if the B9 is like the 05 Legacy/Outback, the stereo, CD changer, and HVAC controls are integrated into one big unit. There is an internal connection between the CD changer and stereo (a ribbon cable). You can hack into the radio to intercept this connection, and use it for aux-in purposes. But it requires a lot of practical experience with electronics, soldering, etc...

Given that the upgraded stereo system (ie, 9-speaker) in the B9 is required for DVD/NAV/AUX, I would expect those systems to have an additional connecter on the back of the radio for additional inputs. What we need is for someone to do some exploratory studies on their B9 to see what's up. From there, we would require a way to get the radio to recognize/trigger these additional inputs for vehicles without the DVD/NAV/AUX. Usually it's a fairly simple hack.

For those of you with the DVD that are running wires to the rear aux inputs, keep in mind that another option is to meet up with the aux harness at the back of the radio, which may or may not be easier.

Within a few months of the 05 Legacy/Outback debut, people on other enthusiast websites had figured how to hack into the radio. I imagine it will only be a matter of time before similar info is available for the B9.

Craig
  • ladywclassladywclass Member Posts: 1,713
    OK, guys, I'm still working through the posts in order, and I'm replying to one from a month ago ... it might be addressed in the next 750 posts (lol) but I have to put in my 2cents worth ...

that divided tray ... quite possibly it's divided to keep things 'organized' .. not everyone wants to carry LARGE items .. maybe you want to hide a laptop computer .. or a digital camera ... or some other item so that it's not in FULL VIEW, but if you leave it there while driving it's not banging all over in a huge compartment! ...

ok .. back to reading from a month ago ...
  • nhstevenhsteve Member Posts: 79
    PLease be sure to post the contact info for the chrome wheels. COunt me in when you speak with them.

Steve in NH
    newbie:

While you are parked or driving... just press the map and a POI button appears. Press the POI button and make your selection. You scale must be 1/2 miles or less to display POI info. press a POI icon and get name, address and phone number. It works fine.

Steve
    Steve

Thanks a lot.

That was so easy I feel silly for asking the question.

Thanks
    John
    This may not sound like much - but yesterday I removing the ugly dealer plate frame and noticed that the tribeca has 4 screw holes to fasten the rear plate.

My last 4 really expensive cars only had only the top 2 holes. So every time you slam the trunk down you get that clanking sound.

Looks like SOA thinks about h\the little details also.

Thanks SOA
    No problem John. I had to find out for myself too.

Steve
    So.... after all that conversation I finally hooked up my camper and went for a test drive today, just a short one. The B9 performed perfectly. Honestly, i could not tell i was pulling anything. As she sat this mornign, I was pulling about 1800-2000lbs. Accceleration from a stop, braking and handeling, all perfect, no problems. I will be taking the B9/trailer up to the White Mountains the end of this month and will report back.

This car grows on me more each day. Very happy with my purchase. If you don't have one, you should go right out and get one. Tell them Steve sent you!
  • shane850shane850 Member Posts: 36
    When you find out about the chrome wheels let me know as well. I would be very interested and may just stay with the 18" at that price. I was going to switch to 20" for the summer and put winter tires on the stock 18" wheels but am having to wait for the wheel manufacturers to figure out what fits the Tribeca. Part of the problem seems to be the very large offset. The information I have gotten says it is 55mm and the aftermarket wheel dealers do not have any information.

As for the size of tires on the 20" wheels, they would be 255/45/20 and are the same diameter as the stock 18" wheels and tires. You can not really go any wider as there would be a good chance that the tires would rub on the fenders. If you look at the clearance between the tire and fender on the outside, it is minimal. Feeling to the inside it seems minimal as well.

Shane
  • b9driverb9driver Member Posts: 118
    I just bought a B9 Atlantic Blue with tan interior, limited. I'm going to install an aftermarket DVD system because I feel the stock version was pretty poor and not flexible for the money. My detailed review/comments can be found easily on Epinions, but I'm waiting for any info on how to use the AUX connections off the radio back as we're installing a 3 screen system and would prefer not to use a modulator. We didn't want the overhead because it's rather poor when there's more than one person back there (off axis), it blocks the rear visibility (yikes!) and it's only one screen. For less money you can have a system with headrest mounts (7 inch screens) and a visor screen (7 inch screen) with the ability to watch two different DVDs, so a child can watch Elmo in the rear, and Casablana can play up front. Just something to consider when buying a 7 passenger or if you have the 5 passenger and feel slighted! After market is usually much better when it comes to audio and video..and less expensive.
    This is a great car. Quiet ride, plenty of real world power and here in NY, the B9 has gotten nothing but compliments on it's design. I think people are pretty happy to see ANY car that doesn't look like everything else. As to the interior, no other SUV can match the B9, it's really well done. We looked at the Acura MDX, Nissan Murano and all the rest. This is truly a great car, especially if it's quality is true to the Subaru name.

Robert B
    NY
  • b9driverb9driver Member Posts: 118
    We have the 5 passenger Limited and still in the break-in period. Even under 4000 RPM there is ample power. A 4000 lb SUV that does 0-60 in eight and a half seconds is just fine. It's certainly a rocket compared to my 99 Outback. That car barely had enough power. If you want a faster ride go with the Outback XT. This is an SUV. Even if they add 50 more HP, it will still be a heavy SUV and best driven within the limits of the chasis. I'd like to see real world driving/usage improvements before any power increases.
    1) Improve rear visibility
    2) Make wheel telescoping
    3) Improve rear seat legroom across the board
    4) Fix that silly cargo cover..are they kidding with that?
    5) Make wheel radio controls defeatable. They are too easy to hit while turning.
    6) Make stereo system more friendly to additions such as Sat. Radio and Ipods.
    7) Automatic lift gate please!
    8) Improve readout quality on LCD display on dash.
    9) Armrest should slide back/front.
    10) 2X seat memory please.
    11) Better 12V placement for radar detector please.

But seriously...we love our new B9 and will wait patiently for the 2008 model!

Robert B
    NY
    I got a master's degree ... period
    reading all the posts from the last couple of months make me want a tribeca and i have yet to see one up close and in person .. lol .. you lucky stiffs!
  • c_hunterc_hunter Member Posts: 4,487
    Try shopping online places that sell wheels for other Subarus -- that offset is typical of other Subarus, which use offsets from 48-55. Places like subydude and oakos are some places to start looking. Pretty much any place that caters to the WRX / Legacy GT crowd will have some awesome wheels.

TireRack also has a good selection of wheels that fit Subarus. Even if they have not specifically "test fit" the Tribeca yet, other wheels with the correct offset should fit as long as the bolt pattern is the same. Most Subarus are 5x100, but recent years of the STi are 5x114.

In lieu of a prior test fit, don't deviate far from the stock width and outer diameter to be on the safe side -- things to check are the clearance between the inside edge of the stock wheel/tire combo and the struts/suspension links).

Craig
    Glad you enjoyed the reading! I'm sure your Masters Degree was helpful! :)

Now go get yourself out to a dealer and take a B9 for a drive! You'll like it even better when you do! My wife thinks I clean mine much to much! I keep a Microfiber towel in the car at all times! :)
    well I feel I'm almost at the 'advantage' now after reading about all your experiences and almost feeling as if I 'know' some of you while I haven't posted much at all in the last few months ...

I'd LOVE to be in the market for a Tribeca, but with a daughter still in college and two stepsons close behind ...

my 'best chance' is when daughter graduates next spring .. if she can get a job and buy my 2001 outback .. THEN I'll get serious about the next soobie
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    reading all the posts from the last couple of months...

I'm impressed. Consider yourself entitled to a B9!

tidester, host
  • gwilsongwilson Member Posts: 46
    I am having a problem with the nav system display not going into "night mode". I have the Map Mode setting in the User Selections set to "Auto" and according to the user manual when the headlights are turned on the display on the nav should go into night mode. When I set "Map Mode" to "Night" it does darken the screen but "Auto" does not seem to work. Am I doing something wrong? Anyone have this problem or similar problems?
    Try adjusting your dash dimmer switch (to the left of the steering wheel). This can override the Nav brightness settings if turned all the way up to its brightest setting.

-Karen in AZ-
  • x5killerx5killer Member Posts: 368
    My last SUV only had 2 screw holes for license plate as well but I didn't realize that most/all don't have 4 either so that is a great little plus for the B9 and its important we notice/mention those things along with the complaints.

Speaking of which I do have a few just to get out of the way that may have already been mentioned. While at first I tried to defend no auto up window as not a big deal it is a feature I had on my 2001 Pathfinder and therefore something I noticed in recent use that I actually did miss. I don't quite understand how you have auto down but not auto up as I can't imagine it costing anymore if auto down is in place? Where as some of these features ppl complain are missing in comparing to especially the Murano would have added to cost and you have to remember the things it does have that others don't and the fact that it is less money comparably equipped.

Now again for me coming from non electronic adjustable cloth seats I don't miss what I didn't have like memory seats but I did have time and temperature always readable and that seems to be a problem in the B9. You only see temp when in info so not when in the nav map or anything and I think my time is in 24 hr time (hopefully can be changed?) and also i believe only while in info or similar modes. This is a bit worrisome as i'm always keeping my eye on both and dont want to have to switch anything to see. Someone mentioned before they should have put temp in the auto dimming/compass mirror option and I agree and add that both time and temp should be always viewable in some other location then nav screen where again it is not displayed when in certain modes.

Speaking of the Murano, I feel it seems to end up being the main "arch rival" to the Tribeca as they are most similar in styling, price and features. I find myself battling again Muranos on the road and parking next to them in parking lot, heh. I even parked side by side with a white one same color as my B9 as the ppl in that were getting out and loved it when i hit lock and it showed the side mirror blinker and puddle lights as they are 2 cool features readily distinguishable on the exterior that the Murano doesn't have. But this worries me that part of why I am competing with Murano so hard is that it is somewhat of a worthy competitor. I am/was somewhat of a Nissan/Infiniti loyalist and do like the 350 Z like tail lights of the Murano and the white lights on either side of the license plate (though lame Honda Pilot has those too). Overall I think I like the back end of the B9 better though somehow and it just looks a little more substantial or tougher or something. I love the B9 from behind as the rear wheel wells almost stick out a little (not unlike some porsche). Sometimes I hear the back end compared to the high up minivan looks of the Buick Rendevous and Chrysler Pacifica but I think it is much better then those as I dont care for those at all and again I personally like it even better then the Murano plus remember the Lexus RX has the high up tail lights on the new models and it makes the older RX with the lower down tail lights look bad now. Another example of styling growing on you which is the true test.

A lot of these designs ppl reject at first all because they are not used to them but then later end up loving. Specifically the front end/grill of the B9, funny how many early opinion even on online forums was that it was so ugly and all this other stuff. Everyone that has seen my B9 in person loves the front end and thinks it looks great and I myself also don't even see it as being that extreme or "controversial" as it was called and actually think it is quite pleasing now. I will say Next to the Murano there was something about the flat hood shape and headlights of the Murano looked a little i'm not sure solid or even had a heigher height (it was on higher ground though in the lot). Overall though I think the sloped in the middle hood and headlight placement is different and cool and just needs getting used to as it is just a little sports car-ish like but then so is porsche cayennes hood & headlights. And, Muranos front grill straight across is kind of boring and minivan-ish or something.

Its interesting how in some ways the B9 blends right in as some ppl don't even take a second look assuming it is one of the other ones they've seen. But you notice that the drivers of those similar SUV's do make second takes at it, stare and try to figure out what it is and try to read a brand. Even more reason I want to take off the small Subaru lettering, not that I am not proud of Subaru as i think they are a great make but just to leave some mystery because surprisingly as i think i mentioned before many don't know the Subaru wordless badge/symbol of stars by just that alone.

Speaking of Subie, I hope if they do come out with an STi, XT, or other higher performance even Turbo B9, in some ways that it is long enough from now that will make sense for all of us early adapters of Tribecas that took the risk on a new model to trade in for the higher performance model. Because if its like next year then that wont make sense to trade in for it whether your stuck in a lease or bought outright and would therefore suck if you really wanted to upgrade but just bought the old/regular version B9. Also, I imagine at least some of these other minor complaints and issues as you see in any new model (and even ones that are not new and supposed to be perfected) might be addressed. Again that is a good thing but will just suck for us early adapters unless they are things they can somehow add/fix on existing models but i doubt that will be possible or happen on many of these even minor issues because I don't know/haven't heard of that happening very often in the past.

To end this diatribe on a good note, The truth and bottom line is that I love my B9 and that it is an improvement in almost every way over my last SUV. It really depends what you are coming from into a B9 and what you are comparing it to while remembering price differences, but regardless it is a great car overall. I think what will really reassure myself and some others is seeing Consumer Reports not only recommend the Tribeca but rate it above the Murano and right with the Highlander, Pilot and RX at which point I will know for sure I did the right thing. Going by Subies track record and the car(s) the B9 is loosely based on, the odds are in its favor for being recommended and getting a good overall rating.

In the meantime the risk of being an early adopter has been well worth the fun.
  • papahawkpapahawk Member Posts: 24
    Even though the Tribeca will never become a "me too" vehicle.... me too on the chrome wheels!!!

Randy
  • papahawkpapahawk Member Posts: 24
    My wife complains about the incessant cleaning as well, and I too have a collection of microfiber towels (aren't they the best? no dust!). I hand wash the towels after use so that they do not get mixed up with my childrens' dirty clothes in the wash. Don't want any dirt or grime touching the new "baby" ya know?! :D

Randy
    Newbie:

The time display can be changed from 12 to 24 hours (in the setup I believe) and is always visible in the top left corner of the map. did post earlier, the outside temp should be visible to the driver at all times, either in the mirror or in the dash... safety.

Nice write-up. I suggest that you do not put much credibility in the CR write-up. You clearly love your B9, as do I. Subaru has been making quality products for a long time. Don't worry about the magazine article and go for a drive!

Steve
  • mikejlmikejl Member Posts: 78
    The time is displayed in the upper left corner of the nav screen. It can be changed through the set up routine to display in 12-hour format. I also wish the outside temp was always visible. I guess the simple answer is to have the audio or info screen up instead of the map, but the map provides entertainment to the passengers, so I tend to leave it up. I especially like to keep an eye on the temp in the winter when it is hovering around the freezing mark. Maybe I'll be tired of the map screen by then.
  • njswamplandsnjswamplands Member Posts: 1,760
    :P
    Thanks Karen! Yes, that does dim the nav but shouldn't it dim when in 'auto' mode when the headlights are turned on also?

Greg
    Thanks Karen - that did work. It turns out there is a setting past Ill.6 on the dimmer switch that overrides the nav map mode. I had it cranked all the way past Ill.6 and was overriding the nav setting. Thanks again!!

Greg
    Yep...that's what I discovered, too.

Karen
    Just came back from a little shopping jaunt, and a short stop at Starbucks. I parked right in front and then sat in the coffee shop where I could see out the window. It was very entertaining watching and listening to folks staring and commenting about my car, especially when they didn't know I was watching. I've noticed it quite a bit when driving, too, but this was more fun :-)

Anyone else noticed the stares?

-Karen in AZ-
  • njswamplandsnjswamplands Member Posts: 1,760
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,308
    saw one on a car carrier. the back looked like a '49 ford wagon(don't know if one was made back then), not that it is bad, just not original. did not see the front.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • jerrys2jerrys2 Member Posts: 189
    They did make a '49 Ford station wagon :) ... haven't seen one lately. But how did you know what it looked like if you didn't know if they made one? :)... I like the comparison with Saab station wagon of the late 50's and early 60's. Don't know if pics have been posted , if not perhaps someone could post.
  • wvroadswvroads Member Posts: 23
    We just took delivery of our new silver 5 passenger Ltd B9 on Saturday. It came with the puddle lights and the rear bumper cover. I had already ordered and received the auto dimming/compass mirror, the front bumper cover, and some cargo nets from an online Subaru parts dealer (my dealer didn’t have them or couldn’t get them soon), and I spent some time in the afternoon installing the mirror (the connector is sort of hidden but it is there), and the front bumper cover – looks nice but NOT worth $120. I also wired up an unswitched 12V outlet for my Garmin 2610.
    For any of you that didn’t get or can’t get some accessory items, they are available on line for less than the dealer prices and are easy to install. I am just glad I was able to find a B9 with the puddle lights as they are not a dealer add on. My wife and I just think they are the coolest looking things!!
    We headed out Sunday afternoon for a short one night getaway down to Frederick, Md and we are VERY pleased with our new Tribeca. We now have a little over 500 miles on it and have no major complaints. The terrain in WV and western Md is very hilly and that does take a toll on gas mileage in any vehicle but we still managed to average almost 21 mpg with a fair amount of stop and go driving included with the highway miles
    The B9 is very comfortable and it rides great. It is a very quiet vehicle and it handles very well.
    Concerning the gas gauge and low fuel light, the low fuel light came on when the info panel showed 50 miles to “out of gas”. I continued on hoping to make it back to town and the gas gauge finally showed “no bars” at 20 miles to go till empty, so, not wanting to run out of gas on my first outing, I filled up and it only took 15 gallons to the brim, so there was another 1.8 gallons still in the tank. At least I won’t panic the next time the gas gauges shows “zero”.

For what it’s worth we just came out of a 2000 Outback and a 99 Dodge Intrepid (nice road car) – sold them both to get the Tribeca. Just keeping the Ford Ranger truck and the Tribeca now that there is just the 2 of us at home.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    I take the weekend off and it seems about 3-4 people took delivery, so let me say congrats and I'm envious! :-)

Don't sweat the Motorweek 0-60, they were way off from the best times for the Forester XT when it came out also (6.2 vs. 5.3 for C&D). Even Subaru's own conservative time was quicker (same with the Tribeca).

9.7s sounds way off for anyone who has driven one.

-juice
    I am officially leaving on vacation to drive the new 'beca from Arizona to Montana later this week. I have friends who own a cabin in a remote area of west central MT and have invited me up there. They don't yet know I have the new Subie, so it'll be a fun surprise when I drive up the lane.

I am anxious to see how the car handles on a long jaunt. I can't wait to play with the Nav. It did pinpoint their property about a half mile closer than MapQuest or Yahoo Maps. Unfortunately, there aren't many Starbucks showing up that-a-way :-)

I am planning on driving through Yellowstone on the way back. Think mine will be the first Tribeca in that National Park?

I haven't been as far north as SLC, but have seen eastern Utah and eastern Wyoming. Any car or geographical travel tips for traveling I-15 from our readship?

-Karen in AZ-
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Depending on the time of day you pass through (and whether you want to eyeball town), usually the I-215 bypass on the west side is a bit quicker through SLC. If you head to Yellowstone via the Beartooth, get some road info - they are rebuilding the road and had a bunch of mudslides early in the season (link).

Tidester's close to Yellowstone, so if you get stuck give him a yell. :)

Steve, Host
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    I am planning on driving through Yellowstone on the way back. Think mine will be the first Tribeca in that National Park?

You'll definitely want to exit via the "South Entrance" and head toward Grand Teton National Park. At the very least you'll want to drive through it . I recommend "The Bunnery" in Jackson for breakfast! If you have the time and the inclination there are some fantastic trails for hiking and the lift to the the top of Rendezvous Mountain provides an utterly fantastic view.

Unfortunately, I don't think yours will be the first Tribeca to pass through these parts but at least you can say you were one of the first. Let us know how it performs on the mountain passes! :)

tidester, host
  • newtosubienewtosubie Member Posts: 39
    Long time reader, first time responder. Being in the SLC area, I would go straight up I-15. There are some construction projects going on around I-215W. I-15 has improved lots since the Olympics, nice carpool lane w/out much traffic in it. Just my thought. Love all the info on this forum about the B9. I know there are very few of them purchased in this area (been watching the inventory) so you should get lots of stares passing through town. Hope to be an owner w/in a year (crossover from a '99 Passat). :)