Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

DODGE DAKOTA QUAD CAB

Comments

• brake4mebrake4me Member Posts: 13
    I live in Maryland and we do get snow, but not enough to cause interior hood damage from road salt. The dealer claims dodges brochure is not binding and that certain options might not be installed from the time the brochure is printed, to the time the truck is delivered. I think that is a lot of BS, and I am telling the dealer to install the insulation. Sound proofing is another reason to get the insulation which dodge publicizes.

Check out the other edmunds posts for a recent recall on electric shift tranfer case. Now that could be a real problem.
  • mtrialsmmtrialsm Member Posts: 159
    I have a new 2001 Quad SLT. No hood insulation.
    Are you saying that it SHOULD have insulation?
    Will the dealer install it free? I live in Ga.
    mm
  • okwildcatterokwildcatter Member Posts: 12
    My SLT QC also lacked the hood insulation. I showed the brochure to the dealer, who (after much wailing and moaning) ordered the hood insulation at "no charge". Bottom line - if it's advertised as part of the package, it should be included at "no charge". If the option is no longer available, then make the dealer (or DC) credit you the difference. I bought a 98 Explorer that should have had puddle lights (underneath the side mirrors), but a lack of production resulted in no puddle lights when the truck came in. Ford credited me the price of the missing option. Worth a shot...
  • maceymacey Member Posts: 59
    I know of the comestic differences between the two, but due to the different way the options are packaged (plus the supposed SLT Hood Insulation), is the different option packaging/pricing between the SLT and the Sport, the main difference why the SLT costs $1120 more -vs- the Sport, MSRP wise?

Other then the hood insulation, I've read where people claim the SLTs are built more solid or insulated better, and are considered the top of the line...come on now, are they trying to say the factory takes a common QC chassis and with the SLT, out comes a better built truck, with higher quality parts and trim?

I suspect no, and it's just a trim level game, right?

BTW, does the 'Federal' emissions 4.7L put out 230 or 235 HP? For 2001, I still see both figures quoted...for 230 HP, are they using the lower California rating?

Thanks...
  • bcarter3bcarter3 Member Posts: 145
    macey: I haven't followed Dakota pricing since I ordered my CC last September, but at that time a Sport with the same options as mine was more expensive. There are some options on the SLT that are "stand alone" on the Sport. Mostly I think it is a cosmetic issue. Chrome or not to chrome. There isn't any quality issue involved.
    I think all 4.7 engines for 01 are configured to meet 50 States emissions and are rated at 230 hp. It looks like they added a catalytic converter. There are now two of them and according to the service manual they are both part of the exhaust manifold so that if one is bad the entire manifold has to be replaced!!!
  • txqc2000txqc2000 Member Posts: 121
    I agree with bcarter3. It is more of a packaging and cosmetic issue than a price or quality issue (ie. the Sport vs. SLT difference is more of an a la carte vs. value meal issue to use a dining analogy). When I bought my 2000 QC SLT+, I priced out similarly equipped SLT's and Sport's using Edmunds' and Dodge's websites. The price difference was maybe $100-200 higher for a similarly equipped Sport. If you don't want all the stuff that the SLT's come with, particularly the chrome bumper, the Sport model is the way to go. I briefly entertained the notion of buying a black Sport b/c I wanted the entire body to be black.

bcarter3 is also correct in that the '01 4.7L engines are now all 50 state emission compliant and thus put out 5 less hp than the '00 engines did.
    I checked with my dealer at lunch today.
    Yes, the SLT decor group list 'hood insulation'
    as part of package. My 2001 didn't come with it.
    No problem, he ordered it and will call when it
    comes in (of course, no charge).
    Thanks to whomever raised this question!!!!!
    And to "Town Hall"!:)

Side note: my first to tanks of gas; 16mpg.
    Dakota Quad,4.7,auto,lim-slip-rear.

mick
  • gregp5gregp5 Member Posts: 51
    Hi, Been lurking for a while now,and think this site is great.
    I see some of you guys are from n.j.-pa. area and was wondering if anyone has bought their QC's from Reedmans in Pa.? It seems their prices are pretty good.
    Any comments on Reedmans or dealers in Central/South N.J ?
    I am considering buying one in the next few weeks.
    Thanks for your help.
  • bookittybookitty Member Posts: 1,303
    Greg, I bought my 2000 Quad cab from Reedman, and the experience was bittersweet. The salesman I had
    ordered the truck incorrectly, because the order manager was a bigger idiot than "Ray" and after waiting for months I refused delivery. I ended up writing a letter to Mr. Reedman, and was contacted by a truck sales manager, Joe Natriello. He was terrific, and treated me very well and also gave me a "sweetheart" deal on an extended warranty. If your salesman is Ray, run do not walk to the nearest exit. If Joe is still there, I would recommend him highly. He is very knowedgeable, honest and fair. Need to know more?
    You may Email me directly. The address is in my profile. Good luck.

Bookitty
  • dm3xdm3x Member Posts: 1
    I am considering buying a 2001 dakota sport 4x4 quad cab . Also looking at the Toyata tundra 4x4 . Having a hard time trying to decide . Does anybody have an opinion on why i should or should'nt buy the dodge over the toyota . Also any comments in choosing the 4.7 v8 to the 5.9 v8 Thanks ......
    Doug, my opinion is subjective in light of the fact that I am a quite satisfied 2000 Quad owner. One of the reasons that I selected the Dodge Dakota over others, is that it had four full sized
    front hinged doors. It was the only crew cab truck that allowed me to couple a V8 engine to a 5 speed manual transmission. I personally prefer purchasing American made products although in reality there are no longer "pedigree" American products available. Another reason, is that I owned previously, a 1995 Dodge Dakota club cab with the 318 and a 5 speed and loved that truck. The size of a Dakota is unique in that it falls between a full size and a compact. The Nissan crew cab was also considered until I test drove one. There was a lack of power and I guess that Nissan recognized it as well, hence the new turbo-
    charged version. The pedals on the Nissan were very close to each other and my size 12 EEE shoes became entangled. Although I have not driven a Toyota Tundra, the "suicide" doors and the inability to combine 5 speed and V8 eliminated any further thoughts for purchasing that particular vehicle. As for the choice between the 4.7 and the 5.9, here is my take for what it's worth. If you tow heavy loads on a regular basis, the 5.9 is a good choice. It has lots of "grunt" but the price of that, is fuel consumption. If you prefer a 5 speed transmission, then the 5.9 is not an option. The engine technology is older, but it is a strong and dependable mill. Doug, in the end, it is your choice. Weigh your particular needs and wants against what the manufacturers have to offer and consider the price versus your desires. Good luck in any eventuallity.

Bookitty
  • txqc2000txqc2000 Member Posts: 121
    I too considered buying a Tundra b/4 I purchased my 5.9L 4x4 Quadcab. I have to admit that the V-8 engine in that Toyota is SWEET and almost sealed the deal for me!! But the bottom line in my case was that my wife and I would be the only ones able to enjoy the Tundra -- b/c the rear "seat" would be totally uncomfortable for the kids, not to mention my lower back since they'd be kicking the back of my driver's seat constantly due to the short rear leg room. Yes, I dragged the whole family down to the Toyota dealership to try this out, and my boys were not thrilled with the space in the back.

Like Bookitty says, it really comes down to your personal tastes, needs, etc. In my case, the QC was the right fit for me. Good luck.
  • ethuressonethuresson Member Posts: 55
    As a former, HIGHLY SATISFIED Toyota truck owner, I feel qualified to give this one a shot.

Toyota advantages: BULLETPROOF reliability. I speak from personal experience on this. I bought a 4banger compact toyota in 1990 and sold it in 00. The only items replaced in that time (100Kmi) were a starter and the muffler. (Of course tires and battery etc..). Most reliable vehicle ever.

Dakota Quad Advantages: INTERIOR ROOM AND 4 DOORS. I haul people (2 kids, one in a car seat and wife) more than cargo, clear choice for me. LOOKS: The Tundra is lackluster and the Tacoma, IMHO, is butt ugly. For almost 30 large, I want to think "ssooweeeet" when I look at my new vehicle. The Quad definately does that, hands down over ANY other truck, I think.

If bulletproof reliability was my #1 overriding be all end all concern, I'd buy the Tundra.
    My #1 overriding be all end all concern was 4 full size doors and a reasonable size box in back. I also wanted to stay under 30K; I doubt a well appointed Tundra will do that.

I admit my neighbor works at DC and HOOKED me up with a 2% under invoice deal, add to that a 2K rebate and I was out the door for 25K on a 29.8K Dakota. That helped..:)
    Bookity, Thanks for your reply.
    Went to Reed mans yesterday,not a big supply left of Quad Cabs and couldn't find one with the options I was seeking. Salesman said I could still order one and I priced one out. I wasnt too thrilled with his price though,was expecting better. Might go to a dealer a little more local and see what kind of deal I can get by ordering a new one, before the 2000. rebate ends.
    Bright Silver looks mighty good.
    Greg, there is a Farm Bureau discount of $500.00 for members after 30 days of membership. It costs $75.00 to join in PA and I used that when I purchased my truck. To check it out, try http://www,fb.com. Go to the state site and click on member benefits for details. If you order, the 30 days will work out just fine. If you need any help, please post or contact me via Email. My address is on my profile. Good luck. By the way, I paid $125.00 over dealer invoice (actually less because there were 2 increases) less the Farm Bureau discount. That discount is in addition to any rebates.

Bookitty

• bobs5bobs5 Member Posts: 557
    I don't know what your idea of central NJ is, I did business with Oasis dodge in Old Bridge NJ.
    This dealer which was recommended by autobytel.
    Signed the papers for $400 over invoice.
    good luck
  • scottieeckscottieeck Member Posts: 69
    greg, I, like bookitty, bought my 2000 qc from reedman. got it off the lot, nov. 2000, for well under dealer invoice (2000 leftover), and 0.0 financing (!). dealt with truck manager John Howley ( who has since sold my parents a 2001 town and country, loaded). John grew up in my neighborhood and has always been an ace, but I would trust anyone that bookitty recommends. I think the trick is to bypass the sales associates if you can, and deal directly with the sales managers. they are the guys who know their stuff.
    drive safely,
    scottie
    Amen!

Bookitty
  • chrickchrick Member Posts: 2
    I'm looking into buying a Dakota but I don't know if they are good reliable trucks. I currently have a Dodge Neon and have had nothing but problems from it and I don't know anyone who owns a Dodge truck. I just want to make sure I know what I'm getting into bfore I go and buy one.
    Thanks,
    Chrick
  • namfflownamfflow Member Posts: 202
    From my experience there is nothing better than a Dodge truck. I have a 97 bDakota that has been trouble free and just ordered another one to go along with it. But then again I am a mopar man. All of my vehicles except for a 76 Dodge van have been good.

In my opinion, the quality of the dealer determines the quality of the vehicle. Its too bad that Chrysler has so many poor dealer service departments.
  • chrickchrick Member Posts: 2
    Thank you for your honesty. Chrick
  • iowabigguyiowabigguy Member Posts: 552
    We have 2 1999 Neons and a 2000 Quad. Had to have Computer flashed in both Neons right after we got them. No other problems to report. Neons have 17,000 and 19000 miles and the Quad has 9000 miles. We also have a 1995 Nissan Altima SE that has only required an Oxygen sensor in 43000 miles. By the way all the vehicles are manual transmissions. Rick
    Took the plunge last night. I went to Freehold Dodge and ordered up a
    Bright Silver 2001 QC 4x4 with the following :
    4.7 V8
    45 rfe mission
    anti-spin miff.
    delux.conv.group
    ad service group
    radio w/the equalizer
    power drivers seat
    skid plates
    sports plus group
    leather wrapped steering wheel
    towing group
    r. defroster
    power overhead conv. group
    bucket seats
    p/time 4wd
    3.55 axle
    power conv. group
    radio controls on wheel
    Think that's about it....Geez, I don't think my blood pressure
    has returned to normal yet.
    Now, if I could only figure how to pay for it...............

Sorry for the long post regarding options, but I just HAD to tell someone !
    One question though, while typing this post I hit the tab key and
    it appears to have horizontally expanded the box I'm typing in,
    anybody know how to bring it back to normal size ? I dont want the posts
    to be too wide.

Thanks for yor help guys
  • biglucybiglucy Member Posts: 140
    Greg,

Sit back and take a deep breathe. Now, exhale gently and continue to take deep breaths until you feel better! Hemoglobin is a wonderful thing!!!
    Don't worry - You Done Good!!! Sounds like a fantastic purchase. Know what your bottom line $Price$ will be, Keep to your guns, and Keep your fingers crossed (the last two require alittle dexterity).
    The best advice I'd like to share with you is to get your truck paid off as quickly as possible, double up on payments whenever you can. If you haven't purchased a house yet then this is probably the biggest investment you have made, so make that investment work in your favor (and enjoy a great ride at the same time)!

Good Luck!
  • grahamcrackergrahamcracker Member Posts: 7
    I've looked everywhere for slip on tow mirrors for my QC. There are plenty for the stock smaller mirrors and full size Rams. I have the optional 5x7 inch mirrors that came with my tow package. They still don't reach far enough out see around my RV trailer. Anybody? Thanks.

I tried the strap on mirrors and they stink. They vibrate too much and bend in the wind.
  • rfruthrfruth Member Posts: 630
    I saw this in my local paper today, $ 8000 thousand to repair a RAM !? A new one is about twice that, insurance companies must love this ...

Rob Fruth - Houston, Tx

http://freeweb.pdq.net/rfruth

1981 Raleigh for commuting, errands & fun

1997 Trek 2300 for real fun !

2000 Honda Civic hatchback

- snip - http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/story.hts/nation/873109

HoustonChronicle.com April 9, 2001, 1:28PM

Some truck bumpers not as strong as they look

DETROIT -- When the going gets tough .. the tough get bent out of shape. That's the conclusion that might be drawn from results released today of low-speed crash tests on the bumpers of rugged-

looking pickup trucks and sport utility vehicles by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety.

Of the seven 2001 models tested, only one, Ford Motor Co.'s small Escape SUV, earned an acceptable rating for crash-worthiness,

according to the safety institute.

It said the other vehicles, subjected to four separate crash tests at 5 miles an hour, sustained extensive damage that would require

costly repairs.

The pickups tested were the Chevrolet Silverado, the Ford F-150, the Toyota (7203.T) Tundra and Dodge Ram. In addition to the Escape, the SUVs were Hyundai Motor's (05380.KS) Santa Fe and Toyota's RAV4.

"The performance of the four large pickups ranged from poor to awful," said Adrian Lund, the institute's chief operating officer.

"None of these vehicles sustained less than $4,000 total damage in the four tests, and the Dodge Ram sustained more than $8,000 damage.

There's no excuse for such poor performance."

Repair costs are always high. If you were to build a vehicle from the parts department iot would cost 10 times what you pay for it MSRP.

Modern manufacturing drives most of the costs out of it but building by parts as in a body shop is very loabor intensive and that is where the high cost come from. Heck, I just bent the hood on a car in a 25 MPH tap and it cost almost 2500.
  • astaasta Member Posts: 122
    no post, guys! Been off in work/home buying land (and I thought buying a truck was tough!) anyways, still love my 2001 Silver 4x4 QC since I took delivery last October. Sold my trusty Saturn wagon and got 500 bills below my asking, which was 10K. Not bad for a 4 year old car that I paid 16K for. have been religious with the oil changes so far, but have only put about 7100K on the truck since October. Just noticed (yesterday) a squeaking type sound when I release the brake pedal after stopping. Took it to a dealership (not my regular one) and they said this noise was normal with the semi-metallic brakes on the QC. He lessened the noise somewhat, but it's still there, still annoying, and will probably get worse with wear, according to the service guy. Anybody else have this issue and is there a fix? The sound only happens upon releasing the brake pedal - brakes work great. Like I said it's a sort of squeak or rub.

thanks! Good to be back amongst old friends.
  • akula2akula2 Member Posts: 8
    Greetings,

A few months a friend of mine was in a slight fender bender in which his air bags deployed. When he went to the shop that was repairing his vehicle he was astonished to find out that half of the $2500 bill was for air bag replacement. For comparison purposes the owner of the body shop led him over to a 2000 Dodge Ram which had been in an accident. The actual body damage was $1500 but since all of the air bags deployed the total cost came to well over $8000! Just FYI...
    I got my hood insulation installed yesterday.
    So all you 2001 Dakota SLT owners check under
    the hood for insulation, bet you don't have any.
    The dealer will install it for free(you already
    paid for it).
    I was also shocked at the 'crash tests' for
    the Dodge Dakota. The more I look under and
    around my truck, I can see how Dodge 'cuts' the
    weight! But others do it also.
    As I posted under "Quad Cabs" The hood insulation has been discontinued by DC. You will notice on the website when you use "Build this vehicle" and look at the information for SLT Decor Group that Hood Insulation is no longer specified. I also called DC and they told me it is discontinued.

Some dealers willl put it in since it doesn't cost much and if it keeps the customer happy, that is better for them. A small price to pay if you ask me.

Since DC confirmed it is no longer installed I expect when I pick mine up Sat. it won't have any. Of course if the dealer starts to give me a hard time about my trade or whatever, I'll push them to install it just for the hell of it.

I have a 97 with the insulation. I have driven a few Sports which don't have it. I cannot hear any difference so quieting the noise isn't a factor. I have not noticed the Sport being any hotter than the SLT so maybe in the end it doesn't really matter whether they install it or not.

BTW, don't believe everything you read about the crash test. My 97 has been hit in the rear 2 times since it was new. Both times the bumper was tweaked about 1/2 inch. Just put a new bumper on it. The 1st time the other car was totaled, (a Miata) and the 2nd time (just yesterday) a T-bird has at least 2500 bucks of damage. Each time it was hit was about 15 MPH.
  • wantone2wantone2 Member Posts: 19
    My salesman called me today and said his Sales Manager has filed a missing part request to DC for my hood insulation on my SLT QC I took delivery on this week. I will let everyone know how it turns out. It was also missing the floor mats and a part for the Anti-lock brakes, but the dealer took care of those two items.
  • trippinglizardtrippinglizard Member Posts: 56
    The dodge Dakota is the heaviest compact truck on the market . . . Plus its crash data suggests a "good" front collision rating and "excellent" side impact rating . . .?
    Mine weighs 4600lbs . . . that's almost more than I would want . . . so I'm not sure where exactly Dodge is cutting corners?
    -must be the Quab Cab badge, could be made of lead... can someone pull it off their truck and weigh it?
  • mopar67mopar67 Member Posts: 728
    Guys, my 45RFe has been in class over a year and 14K miles and it still does not know how to shift. Its been exorcised 4 times (about every three months), still slams on the 2-3 upshift, acts surprised when it has to downshift from 4-3 or 3-2, and yes, it has a much more frequent service interval than the good old 727 or even the 46RE. Just look at at BOB sometime. I re read the section on the 45RFE five times and I still don't understand exactly how it works. I do know it has a funky shift schedule when its cold out. Why didn't the old TH400/350 or the 727 do that? Heck, even a C-6 has a simpler design than this. Had I but known, I would've gone with the five speed, but this is the first truck in my family that came with an automatic.

Unless dodge can build a better auto, it will also be the last.

Funny thing, those old dinosaur designs sure lasted a lot longer than this so-called electronic stuff. Never had a problem with the 904/727 trans in my older mopars.
    Yes, these Torqueflites were without a doubt the finest automatic transmissions ever made. What else can take the power of a 440 6 pack or a Hemi?

What is interesting about those old torqueflights was they told you NOT to change the tranny fluid or else you have to change it all the time. I never changed mine and they ran for more than 100000 miles.

Of course, I haven't had any trouble with my 4 speed auto in my 97 and I hope I have no trouble with the "multi-speed" in the one I'm picking up tomorrow.
    However, forget the 100K no fluid change on this puppy. The BOB service schedule states every 30K and the filter that goes in the darn thing does not look like the older filters. Whole new animal.
    Not to say mine doesn't shift at all, it just shifts LIKE it has 100K on it.
    My only hope is that the person who designed the 727 is still around, his/her spirit guiding the fellas in Kokomo as another 45 RFE comes down the line.
    On a related matter, the 2.2 was a darn good engine and one of the designers for that engine was plucked out of retirement when the K-cars were in development. Guess what he did in his earlier life at mother MOpar? He designed the slant six, quite possilby the best engine of all time. I had one in a Dart and it ran and ran and ran and ran and ran and ran. SO the did 904 behind it. 35,000 of teenager driving did not hurt the engine or tranny at all.
    Hey Kids,

I'm still trying to justify the muchos dineros it will cost to get a fiberglass tonneau cover. Does anyone have the stats on the MPG increase for a truck that is open vs. tonneau cover, versus riding without the tailgate? I haven't seen a leather tonneau that I really like, so I'm looking more toward the fiberglass ones.

Beach - I can certainly agree with you concerning the idiosyncratic behaviour of the 45RFE. I have 2500 miles on the truck and I'm still getting used to the gear shifts while driving. I thought that the tranny was supposed to somehow "learn" from your driving style and come to a happy medium, but I still feel that my tranny is dictating the way I drive and not vice-versa.
    I used to teach school, and if the 45 RFE was a student in my class, it would get a DUNCE cap! Yes, I do think it dictates how YOU drive instead of the other way around.
    Shame too because MOPAR used to make the finest automatics in the world.
    Seems to me they should have stayed with what worked and let other companies venture out into electronic land.
    On the upside, Mopar can still design good looking trucks. If only they would upgrade some of the components (brake rotors, get rid of plastic intake, better shifting trans) they would be world beaters.

Tonneau cover: try looking at extang, which is what I have. Nearly two years and nary a problem with it even with the nasty winters here in PA.
  • rm13rm13 Member Posts: 46
    Big Lucy,

I would not buy a tonneau for mileage purposes. I have a fiberglass cover and love it for securing and keeping dry my "stuff" when travelling. It will not make a significant change in your mileage and certainly not enough to pay you back the $600 or so initial outlay. IF you don't need a way to secure your gear, vinyl or no tonneau is really the best bet. I find the fiberglass inconvenient at times. Good luck.
  • ethuressonethuresson Member Posts: 55
    biglucy: my foldacover has already come in very handy (ie coming off in 2 minutes to haul tall stuff) in the week I've had it. Has kept the bed bone dry so far (lotsa rain lately) and locks everything up tight.

Not as pretty as fiberglass, but more practical IMHO
    Biglucy, I know you didn't ask but I'll tell you anyway. I have a steel cover, GEM GT Classic and I find it looks better than the rest and I have not had any leaks in the 3 years I have had it on my 97 Dakota. As to gas mileage, I haven't noticed and substantial change one way or the other. What I have noticed is the truck rides better as it put another 100 lbs on the back end.
    You guys rock! I really appreciate your replies.

rm13- you're absolutely right, I've been known to blow some cash on my toys but I just can't justify 600 clams! And to think I wanted to get the sport wing too. No doubt, it would look awesome, but I rather spend the money on headers, exhaust, and intake mods.

Ray, I'd like to look at that Gem cover, do you have a web-link?

Eric, how much was the foldacover?

I think I'll probably just ride barebacked and use my $4.99 tarp when I need to! Then I can buy everyone a drink with the money that I kept in my pocket
    www.gemtopmfg.com
  • gator72gator72 Member Posts: 115
    Hey Eric,

I have the fold-a-cover, too; dealer installed on my '01 QC SLT+. I love it. I have not removed mine yet. But, I believe it has a "C" clamp holding it on each side.

Do you have any tips on removing the cover?

Is it difficult to re-position it when you put it back on, etc.?

FYI: I put a marine-grade weatherstrip on the underside of the front lip and rear lip of my cover. Now, even in the heaviest downpour, I get only about a 1/2 cup of water!

I also put in the rubber bed mat; instead of the bedliner. Removes easily and really protects the bed.

GATOR72
    After placing my order for a new QC I called the Farm Bureau and left a message re. joining up.
    A woman left me a message on my machine saying she had a "Few Questions" about my joining. Now I havent gotten back to her yet,but was wondering if you guys that have already joined were asked some questions about why you want to join or had farms or something along those lines?

Thanks, Greg
    Greg, they asked me the same type questions (PA) and I told them about interest in my niece's farm in MD and the member benefits particullary the Dodge discount. No problem. You do not have to be an active farmer.

Bookitty
  • wantone2wantone2 Member Posts: 19
    I also had no problems with the Farm Bureau. I told them up front why I was joining and they have been great to work with. I went in at the end of my 30 days of membership which was one day before I picked up my QC I ordered and it took about 5 minutes for them to fill out the certificate and get an approval number from Dodge. It was a very easy $465 after my $35 membership fee here in Florida.
  • rockymtn4x4rockymtn4x4 Member Posts: 16
    Greg, joining the Farm Bureau was a piece of cake. Filled out a form and sent it in along with $40 for an associate membership. Called a week later to find out what day my membership was effective and counted out 30 days from then. My membership started about a week after I ordered my truck. My order was messed up (dealer ordered without limited slip) which turned out to be a blessing in disquise because that original order arrived in about 4 weeks - too soon for the Farm Bureau discount. The corrected order also arrived in about 4 weeks from ordering and 2 days after may 30 days were up for the Farm Bureau.
    I feel that your order too will arrive before you will be eligible for the discount. Maybe you can file for it after your purchase? I don't know. Good luck.

Rich
  • antonyantony Member Posts: 46
    The only reason the 45RFE exists is the same reason they
    developed the 4.7 to replace the 5.2 and 5.9:

excessive goverment regulations regarding emissions, mpg,
    weight, etc. That is the reason for all the electronic/
    computer-controlled gadgets that infest vehicles today.
    A good old Torqueflite Trans with a nice V-8 would be
    solid, smooth, and reliable but wouldn't meet the damn
    regulations........................
This discussion has been closed.