Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Jeep Gladiator- People who want it built!

kosmoskosmos Member Posts: 18
edited July 2014 in Jeep
The recently released drawings of the Jeep Gladiator from Daimler-Chrysler has created a stirring excitement from people who have imagined owning a vehicle like this for long time. Compare what the Jeep has to what is now being offered by the pick-up truck segment and it's no wonder. A rough and ready bush whacking vehicle that you can hose out at the end of the day! A fuel sipping diesel developed by the masters of the diesel engine Mercedes-Benz, and the go anywhere legend by Jeep. This is what sportsman, farmers, ranchers, construction workers, lumberjacks, and week-end warriors have been waiting for. If your ready to trade some paint against some bark, then sell your fancy pick-up that claims to be tough and get on board the Gladiator freight train and tell the world that you want it! Right here!

Comments

• Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,145
    That's one heck of a serious vehicle. What are the rumors on the likelihood that it'll be built?

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• kosmoskosmos Member Posts: 18
    The Jeep Gladiator marks the resurrection of a Jeep pickup nameplate not heard from since the 1960s, and a body-style absent from the company’s lineup since the death of the ’80s-era Comanche.

The Gladiator is built on a unique platform but takes the simple style trail to strongly resemble the production Renegade. Senior vice president for design Trevor Creed says to expect “a lot in a short time” from Jeep’s corner of the DaimlerChrysler universe, and while DC officials deny the Gladiator is intended for production (natch), Creed’s statement, along with the development of a new platform and the Gladiator’s subdued familial cues, imply a production version might very well be on the cards.

The Gladiator draws power from a 163-hp version of the 2.8-liter common rail turbo-diesel I4 engine now available in the Liberty, with torque rated at a strong 295 lb-ft. Part-time four-wheel-drive is transferred to the wheels via a five-speed manual gearbox. Other trick features include a rear-seat access hatch on the driver’s side, a full passenger-side rear door, drop-down rear glass and an expandable cargo bed.

In normal configuration, the bed measures 5 feet 6 inches long; with a simple manual process, the rear seat slides beneath the bed and the entire rear bulkhead slides along rails forward into the cab to grow the bed to 8 feet. The Gladiator also features a canvas top similar to the Renegade’s, which may be folded back partially for a sun-roof effect, or removed completely.

The second concept, for now dubbed Firepower (Chrysler does not own the name and will need a new one prior to Detroit), is based on the V10 Viper’s architecture but uses the 6.1-liter, 425 hp, 420-lb-ft Hemi V8 that will see first light in the forthcoming 300C SRT-8. Again, officials say there are no production plans, but envision the car occupying the space between the Crossfire and (in theory) the ME412 in Chrysler’s performance portfolio.

Though the car is Viper-based—and Creed referenced Chevrolet’s Corvette as a key competitor (again, in theory)—the designers envision “Firepower” as more grand tourer than outright sports car; hence the softened suspension and five-speed automatic transmission. Brakes are 14-inch Brembos at all four corners, and the huge rubber measures 275/35 R19 up front, 335/30 R20 in back. Engineers estimate the car is capable of bolting from 0 to 60 mph in 4.5 seconds or less, and a 185 mph top speed.

Whether either car ever meets a production line, Chrysler has produced two concepts that would fill obvious holes in both Jeep’s and its own product lineup; executives will keep careful watch on public reaction at Detroit in January.

Related Stories
    2005 Chrysler 300, Dodge Magnum all-wheel drive
    Where once Subaru and Audi had to struggle to convince buyers of the advantage of awd vehicles, now every automaker from Acura to Ford wants in on the game. It seems overnight that a vehicle with awd has come to mean it has more, and is better, like those shampoos with conditioner. It’s not that easy, though, especially when it comes to the Chrysler Group’s 300 and Magnum family of vehicles, all of which are available with awd save the base V6 models. | MORE AUTOWEEK VEHICLE REVIEWS
    Chrysler 300C Cabriolet: The Aftermarket Delivers a 300C-As In Convertible
    The only known cure for a post-Specialty Equipment Market Association soiree hangover is to talk about SEMA for as long as possible. That’s why we drove to Newport Convertible Engineering Inc. in Placentia, California, to pilot a stylin’ white Chrysler 300C convertible that was out in front of the Las Vegas Convention Center during the SEMA show.
    2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee
    After driving the new Jeep Grand Cherokee, it is easy to say the third-generation SUV is as comfortable cruising the slums of tony suburbia as it is surfing the dirt. Company executives want to make sure you understand their flagship Jeep is taking on both objectives with equal vigor. To carry each mandate required a new level of refinement in the vehicle—refinement of luxury and off-road function.
    Chrysler group joins movement to stability control on SUVs
    The Chrysler group said Thursday that it will make a safety system that helps prevent rollovers standard equipment on its SUVs, beginning next year. The stability control system, which Chrysler calls Electronic Stability Program, or ESP, is available on only four models now - the Chrysler 300, Dodge Magnum, Chrysler Crossfire and Jeep Grand Cherokee.
    Chrysler 300C Cabriolet: The Aftermarket Delivers a 300C-As In Convertible
    The only known cure for a post-Specialty Equipment Market Association soiree hangover is to talk about SEMA for as long as possible. That’s why we drove to Newport Convertible Engineering Inc. in Placentia, California, to pilot a stylin’ white Chrysler 300C convertible that was out in front of the Las Vegas Convention Center during the SEMA show.
    Chrysler's MoPar Speed Shops are slow out of the gate
    The Chrysler group is far behind its goal of setting up Mopar Speed Shops across the United States. When the automaker announced the concept to dealers at the Specialty Equipment Market Association show two years ago, it expected 100 shops to be open by the end of 2003. But the first location didn't open until October 2003. Today there are just 20 shops at Chrysler, Jeep and Dodge dealerships.

Current Issue
    Click here to view this week's stories
    Poll PositionFerrari's at it again with another top-shelf supercar, the F430. Which recent Ferrari offering would you most like in your garage?

F430
    575M Maranello
    Enzo
    360 Modena
    612 Scaglietti
    Submit
    AUTOWEEK SECTIONSCover Story
    Latest News
    Car News
    Motorsports
    AutoTest File
    Vehicle Reviews
    Longterm Tests
    Drivers Log
    Vintage Cars
    Special Features
    Columnists
    Event Calendar
    Revs
    But Wait...
    Ad Sections

PHOTO GALLERIES
    Ferrari F430
    BMW 3 Series
    Hummer H3
    Volkswagen Golf GTI
    Ford Mustang
    C6 Corvette
    Land Rover LR3
    Honda Odyssey
    Acura RL
    Shelby GR-1
    MORE GALLERIES
    WALLPAPERS

Leno's '66 Toronado
    Ferrari F430
    3dCarbon Mustang
    Crossfire Drifter
    Double-Header Mini
    MORE WALLPAPERS
    SPY SHOTS

F430 Spider
    Mercedes ML-Class
    Smart Formore
    Porsche GT3
    Boxster coupe
    MORE SPY SHOTS
    SPECIAL FEATURES

NOPI Nationals
    Pagani vs Lambo
    90 Years of Maserati
    Monterey Weekend
    GM at Bonneville
    Dream Cruise
    Chaparral Gallery
    Pictures In Motion
    A Mini Milestone
    Mustang Memories
    MORE SPECIALS
    AUTO SHOWS

2004 SEMA
    2004 Paris
    2004 New York
    2004 Geneva
    2004 Chicago
    2004 Detroit
    MORE AUTO SHOWS Featured Ads Search Our Garage

1999 Z3 Coupe 2.8 silver with blk/red interior and DINAN upgrades
    Description: 1999 BMW Z3 Coupe 2.8 - First year of production for the Z3 and M coupes - 2.8 liter in-line 6-cylinder motor - 193hp stock, 206hp with DINAN upgrades...
    Read More

2000 Jaguar XKR coupe
    XKR package in
    Go see it in person at the North American Auto Show in Detroit. Jan.15-23 2005.
  • atlgaxtatlgaxt Member Posts: 501
    Wow. This seems like everything I have been looking for in my next vehicle. I've got a 4x4 pickup now, but have been thinking about trying to get into a Jeep, but am worried about cargo capacity. The Gladiator seems like a perfect combination. With a diesel engine. Jeep, please please please please build the Gladiator and do it soon!
  • dwrestledwrestle Member Posts: 72
    They need to make it very strong, real heavy duty quarter ton pickup. They should only base it on the Wrangler in the looks and overall tough ruggedness department.

What I mean is the Wrangler is an awesome off road vehicle, but a pickup version would only be a convertible pickup that can go anywhere(still cool, and more functional than the current Wrangler). They need to up the towing capacity to at least 6500lbs(thats what the Grand Cherokee is rated for), because it is a pickup. I think the diesel engine alone should definitley put it up to 4500lbs towing capacity, just give it a good underbody that can handle towing stress, and some Dana 44 or higher axles and it will be good.

It looks like an awesome vehicle, I would buy it. I think as far as the interior goes they should have vinyl floors with cloth or vinyl seats(whichever you want), and then all the things that make the vehicle tolerable AC, Heater, front rear defrost, CD player, and Infinity Gold sound system(only the essentials course). It should probably have an automatic transmission as an option, seeing as how most people are too lazy to shift. I think it would be nice to have a front split bench seat, with the shifter on the floor not on a console, conected to the floor. Three people could ride better up front than two in the front, and one in that extended cab looking thing(if thats even what it is). Jeep needs to work on is it's interior space bad, I'm a fat guy and I like room. So if they don't give me any extra room it'd be nice to have a telescoping tilt wheel.

Well that concludes my wish list any more info on the Gladiator would be nice, some interior shots or something, and whats the scoop on the pickup bed extending, and the extended cab thing.

Jeep make this vehicle now.
  • rshollandrsholland Member Posts: 19,788
    heavy duty quarter ton pickup

Isn't that an oxymoron? :)

Bob
  • jbonejbone Member Posts: 35
    Would love to see this made for release next summer (wishful thinkin') as that is when I will be ready to buy a new truck.

Anyone notice the strong similarities to AEV's Brute (which I also love)?

Couldn't DCX use the current reg. cab Powerwagon's frame/axles/tranny setup as a starting point and just redesign the Wrangler body to fit - then it could be offered as an 06 model in 05 - or am I missing something obvious?

Just a thought...

Build this truck Jeep!
  • dwrestledwrestle Member Posts: 72
    The Dakota is still a quarter ton pickup and pulls at least 1000 pounds more than the rest of them, I think it tows like 7500, or 8000 pounds.

If not Heavy Quarter ton maybe Light Half Ton lol.
  • brdhntr1brdhntr1 Member Posts: 19
    This is the Jeep vehicle I have been waiting for. Rubicon it, and I am ready with the $$$$$!!
  • emtemt Member Posts: 39
    Just a few modifications. A small pick up has a standard bed length of 6 feet. Don't change that. Make a small V-8 an option. 6 speed stick please and an auto 5 speed for us shiftless bastards!
    Tried to find out what 2005 car shows this vehicle will be featured. Don't ask Jeep they can't tell you. Amazing when you have interest in a vehicle how no one has any information. All you receive is the generic thanks for asking.
    January- Detroit NAIAS. The Gladiator is a confirmation. Expect this forum to heat up big time after this showing!
  • jeepernutjeepernut Member Posts: 5
    Personally, there are several Jeep concept vehicles I'd like to see go into production including the version of the Gladiator. The Compass and Jeepster come to mind. Getting board with with some of the offerings like this warmed over Grand Cherokee.

JeeperNut
  • drbill1drbill1 Member Posts: 8
    They are looking for feedback, so how do you get it to them. I say, build it and I'd buy one today. (but put more HP in it)
    I have gone to various Jeep functions and participated in groups. When they were talking about the Scrambler there was a lot of positive feedback but they scrapped that. This vehicle is way beyond a Scrambler when it comes to utility. Just about fed up and bought a 2005 Tacoma but after seeing more pics from Detroit show will try and wait a little longer for a decision to produce. Before making a buying decision. If I change brands it will end 14 years of continuous ownership.
  • jbonejbone Member Posts: 35
    Check out the video of the 05 Detroit Auto Show on this vehicle at:

http://autoshow.edmunds.com/news/autoshow/articles/103626/page012- .html?tid=edmunds.e.autoshow..leftnav.13.*

Also I sent an email to Jeep re: the Gladiator asking them to build it from this link:

http://www.jeep.com/webselfservice/jeep/index.jsp?screenName=newV- ehicle&country=us&emailUrl=goToEmailForm%28%27R%27%29
  • darthtomasdarthtomas Member Posts: 1
    I've been drawing up sketches of a Wrangler based pickup (kinda like an FJ45 Land Cruiser) for years, but I just haven't sought the means to build it. If the Gladiator were built... Well, you could guess, I'd be looking to aquire one. Can not justify a Wrangler, but would like something with the TJ's capabilities...
  • jeepercreepersjeepercreepers Member Posts: 5
    It's a Jeep thing. You wouldn't understand.
    jbone has kindly posted the link above for everyone to contact Jeep. I have already, and I hope you will as well! Latest news out of Detroit today is that a decision will be made this year on putting the Gladiator into production for the '06 model year. Now is the time to really holler out to them that we want it built.
  • 99tj99tj Member Posts: 187
    http://www.jeep.com/autoshow/gladiator/gallery.html

I posted this on the wrangler board. I'll put it here also for good measure.
    http://www.autoweek.com/news.cms?newsId=101641

THIS LINK IS TO A POLL FOUND IN TODAYS DETROIT AUTO INSIDER. THERE IS ALSO A SHORT ARTICLE ON CHRYSLERS PLANS TO MANUFACTURE THIS VEHICLE FOR THE '06 MODEL YEAR.
  • jeepercreepersjeepercreepers Member Posts: 5
    If there are any DC bean counters here, that's the sound of me saving for a Gladiator. I'd forgo the wench, lockers and GPS to keep MSRP around $26k. This is the vehicle I didn't know I needed until I saw it. :-)
  • offroad007offroad007 Member Posts: 1
    The new Gladiator is going to be excellent. Here in the Colorado San Juan Mountains, the Jeep Capitol of the U.S.A., we've needed a replacement for the CJ pick-up. My thoughts are that the box needs to be robust - maybe polymer coated - and HD. The rear diff needs to be big and HD, a full floater would be outstanding. Power needs to be Diesel and gas options. Current 6-speed manual is ok, but the automatic needs to be beefy - maybe like in the Diesel application. Cap needs to be pure Wrangler with high back seats to protect heads from braking glass. Unlimited 4-wheel disc brakes as standard with HD rears. Maybe a Rubicon option would work, but that's too high a price for all to pay. I would buy a Gladiator in a heart beat if it is well optioned for HD work. Also, with Unlimited and Gladiator availability I believe that government and private fleets will be attracted to the relative low price for the rugged utility, and put Wrangler back on the buy lists. I'm really concerned about loosing the rock solid in-line 6-cylinder 4.0L gas engine.
  • ahardcastleahardcastle Member Posts: 9
    Go for it.
  • elemintelemint Member Posts: 79
    Gladiator would be a flop. Too many REAL pickups to compete with. The 'Rescue' is where it is at. If they make a diesel or hybrid Rescue it would sell. I am getting the 2006 Toyota FJ Cruiser though. NOW THAT IS A VEHICLE! The car i have been waiting for for 20 years!
  • unka punka p Member Posts: 2
    build it, we WILL buy it.
    We have received your e-mail dated January 18, 2005 and we appreciate

your interest in the Jeep Gladiator.

Concept vehicles allow us to "test the waters", enable our product

development team to explore new directions in vehicle design, and often

serve as test beds for new technologies. The determination to proceed

beyond the concept stage to manufacture and sale is based on careful

study of market conditions, and may be affected by numerous factors,

including popular response. As such, valued feedback from customers such

as yourself is an integral part of this process. Due to the number of

variable factors involved in vehicle development and production, as well

as matters of industry competition, information regarding forthcoming

vehicle models cannot always be provided prior to introduction. However,

your expression of interest will be placed on record for our ongoing

process of product development. Authorized information regarding current

and future vehicles is made available through periodic updates to our

website, and through our product information line at 1-800-361-3700. For

information on concept vehicles past and present, with hints of some

possible futures, you can visit the Chrysler Design Institute website at

design.chrysler.com .

Thank you for taking the time to write to us for expressing an interest.

THIS WAS A REPLY I RECIEVED FROM CHRYSLER CANADA AFTER SENDING THEM A QUICK E-MAIL EXPRESSING MY INTEREST IN THEM BUILDING THE GLADIATOR. THEY KNOW ABOUT THIS FORUM AND ARE KEENLY INTERESTED IN WHAT PEOPLE HAVE TO SAY ABOUT IT. HERE'S YOUR CHANCE TO TELL THEM!
    No Gladiator at St. Louis auto show. Jeep sends the Hurricane but no Gladiator. What a mistake on their part. But that is nothing new. Procrastinate and watch your market share erode. Thought the Tacoma was the answer to my mid size truck need. That thought was wrong after I sat in it. GM is way to proud of their Canyon and Colorado to price it right. Guess I will buy a work oriented full size truck from Ford and forget about the Jeep dream. It was a good effort.
    DC is showing off the Gladiator where the biggest markets are. Chicago is the current host, and after that who knows? Concepts that are hot off the mark are not likely to do the autoshow circuit forever. DC is jumping all over this one to make it to market as soon as possible. If anyone attending the Chicago show could give us some news on public reaction or just their thoughts it would be appreciated.
    The Hurrican was at our show but not the Gladiator. It would seem that they would travel in tandem. Jeep factory rep knows nothing per our discussion. St. Louis is not that far from Chicago. Jeep is afraid of success.
  • erickplerickpl Member Posts: 2,735
    has a production facility in St. Louis and didn't feel like they need to rah-rah the Gladiator on their 'home turf'.

-Paul
    The auto show was held about 25 miles away from the DCX plant in Fenton, MO. That plant produces minivans and trucks, no Jeeps. There are a lot of folks who aren't even aware that there's a DCX facility around here, and most St. Louisans sure wouldn't consider it Jeep's "home turf"!

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

But I was trying to take the mentality of a DC executive deciding where to show Gladiator...

"Hhhmmm, we have a plant there, so people will know about it. Let's show it somewhere else that doesn't have one of our plants around."

Didn't say it was right, just a possible line of thought.

When was the auto show? I would have loved to have come up, seen my family and seen some great cars!

-Paul
    They make RAMs at the DCX facility in St. Louis and 25 miles is not that far. It would have been nice for as much of the DCX line to be present at the show. The show in St. Louis is a draw for a lot of Ozark and Shawnee Jeepers. There is a lot of support for the product in this area as is evidence by active Jeep oriented clubs. They fumbled the ball on this one.
    any time you have an opportunity to show off a potentially hot ticket, you gotta run with it...

wonder if the Viper would have been as big a success if they hadn't shown it EVERYWHERE!

-Paul
    Gotcha - it is indeed a shame that the Gladiator wasn't on display. Unfortunately, the St. Louis auto show isn't one of the "big" ones, and doesn't get all the cool cars we'd like to see.

Sorry Paul - it was like a week ago, Feb 2-6.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR

The reviews I have read make it sound like there is more room in the back as compared to other compact / midsized extended cabs, but according to the pictures I have seen it looks like it would be pretty tight back there. Is it possible that there is a usable second row of seating? Can anyone who has actually seen it comment on that?
  • chrisducatichrisducati Member Posts: 394
    It is unfortunate that St louis doesn't get some of the best items. I was really going to the show to see the Gladiator. Which we know was a no show. Did any of you all notice the messed up CV joint on the front of the Hurricane at the St louis show?

I would buy a Gladiator just based on the photos. Keep the diesel and six speed. Don't be crazy on the price.

From what I have read this is a much larger truck than a wrangler pickup would be. Is that right from anyone who has seen it in person?
  • chrisducatichrisducati Member Posts: 394
    Here here... I second the fear that the 4.0 is soon to go away. Chrysler should update the engine. I understand that the engine casting machine is 40 years old and needs to be replaced but just replace it... don't stick us with the 3.7 V6
    I hope this gives you a perspective on the rear seat room and the length of the vehicle. More photos are available at motortrend.com.

ARTICLE-From Motor Trend

The Gladiator concept takes yet another stab at a Jeep pickup, and this appears a logical and easy-to-produce machine. Its engine is a 163-horsepower, 295-pound-foot turbodiesel (specs virtually equal to the new Liberty CRD’s 2.8-liter four) with part-time four-wheel drive. With a 138-inch wheelbase, its dimensions are close to those of the midsize Dodge Dakota pickup. It’s also described as a concept, but it clearly gives clues to the design direction of the 2007 Wrangler. Jeep used the Gladiator name on a pickup built from 1963 to 1969. Despite the Wrangler/Liberty styling themes, Chrysler says the Gladiator’s platform is unique. The club cab has a small lower access door on the driver/sidemount side and a full-height rear-hinged half-door on the passenger side.

The sidemount spare saves space and allows rear overhang to be short, and it recalls the spares on the early J-10 Gladiators. Rugged and basic; top is canvas, for an open-air option. Rear-window glass rolls down, the rear seat cushion drops and slides under the deep bed, which slides forward to extend from its 5.6-foot standard size to eight feet in length.

The Gladiator concept takes yet another stab at a Jeep pickup, and this appears a logical and easy-to-produce machine. Its engine is a 163-horsepower, 295-pound-foot turbodiesel (specs virtually equal to the new Liberty CRD’s 2.8-liter four) with part-time four-wheel drive. With a 138-inch wheelbase, its dimensions are close to those of the midsize Dodge Dakota pickup. It’s also described as a concept, but it clearly gives clues to the design direction of the 2007 Wrangler. Jeep used the Gladiator name on a pickup built from 1963 to 1969. Despite the Wrangler/Liberty styling themes, Chrysler says the Gladiator’s platform is unique. The club cab has a small lower access door on the driver/sidemount side and a full-height rear-hinged half-door on the passenger side.

The sidemount spare saves space and allows rear overhang to be short, and it recalls the spares on the early J-10 Gladiators. Rugged and basic; top is canvas, for an open-air option. Rear-window glass rolls down, the rear seat cushion drops and slides under the deep bed, which slides forward to extend from its 5.6-foot standard size to eight feet in length.

Will try to post pic's......
    javascript:Zoom('http://motortrend.com/autoshows/coverage/112_05_- detas_jeep_glad03_z.jpg',480,300)

THIS LINK HAS SOME GREAT PIC'S....
    Did anyone see this vehicle at the show in Chicago. Not see any comments from anyone that has seen it live.
    We all have to do our part in reading other forums besides this site. Ask other car fans to contribute here for the sake of the common good. As I stated before, DCC is reading this forum and they want to gauge the excitement over this vehicle. A few words from anyone is greatly appreciated!
    But if it is going to have a back seat, I would like it to be more than just a token back seat - one in name only. I have kids and/or gear that I would carry with me and would need that room.

Keep the power on it up - I'm sure it is not a light vehicle! Offer a variety of engine choices - nothing less than 6 cylinders (Notice I didn't say V-6 or inline 6). Hemi would be good, since they are putting one in the Grand now anyway, offering it across the line would be nice.

The looks of it give it a retro look along the lines of the new Mustang, but it looks forward too. You KNOW it's a Jeep. THAT can never be left off!

-Paul
    Thanks Kosmos. Back seat looks pretty tight in the Motor Trend pictures. If Jeep is going to the complication of a modified midgate type expanding bed, I wish they would include a little bit more second row passenger / cargo / dog space.

Having said that, I still think the Gladiator is hot and needs to be built.
    Not sure what you mean by your reply. I have been on other sites. I am hoping that someone that has seen this vehicle at the Chicago show will give their impressions. In regard to putting a hemi in this vehicle. I am not sure that this is a good fit. What happened to trucks that are used for work and not the fastest quarter mile? If you want to go fast buy a car or the Dodge SR10 or Ford Lightening. I think this truck with a diesel that has some oomph to it, would be great for the Jeep product line. Note I am a long time owner and enthusiast. I am disappointed that Jeep has not done more to expand our choices within their brand. Jeep does a great job of building brand loyalty. But even loyal owners like myself need to look at other choices. I do not keep a stable full of vehicles in my garage. My goal is to have a vehicle that offers the fewest compromises. For me, this vehicle appears to meet my needs. My needs are now and near term. Jeep cannot spend an eternity making a decision. The market will not wait.
    In my enthusiasm, I was trying to rally the troops to spread the word and get more fans of this vehicle here. I agree with your goal to own a vehicle that does everything well and a hemi engine is not what this vehicle needs. People who will use this vehicle will appreciate the fuel economy and low-end grunt of the diesel. Leave the 5.7 or 6 litre engines in race cars.
  • dialm4speeddialm4speed Member Posts: 110
    Honestly from the pics I've seen, I don't understand why anyone likes this truck. It looks like some sort of military vehicle. It's definately missing something.
  • rshollandrsholland Member Posts: 19,788
    The concept Gladiator's looks hark back to the original Jeep (Willys) pickup, which debuted in 1948, I believe.

http://www.webejeepin.com/images/History/willys-truck-lg.jpg

It's a very logical path for Jeep to follow, if they decide to get back in the pickup market.

Bob
This discussion has been closed.