Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2009 Toyota Corolla

Comments

• mackabeemackabee Posts: 4,709
    Agreed. Even I'm considering getting one but the interior controls for the ac turned me off. (no pun intended). I hope they reconsider and built the nice control panel into it. Maybe a few calls to Toyota customer assistance center.? I don't know what the price points are going to be but if current trend is an indication then it will be a lot of car for the money.
    Mack
    Yep, you can get the standard, S, and LE with a manual tranny. Go to this link for more info: link title

Mack :shades:
  • tiff_ctiff_c Posts: 531
    Thanks for the link. The new car looks good, but looks like prices will be much higher and no rebates for a while.
  • jaxs1jaxs1 Posts: 2,697
    There is no reason for prices to be much higher unless you choose to look at one that has extra options that weren't available before (like nav) or compare the MSRP to a 2008 without optional side airbags and other new standard features on the 2009.
    I bet the MSRP will not be much higher if they are similarly equipped.
  • backybacky Twin CitiesPosts: 18,748
    MSRPs will probably be somewhat higher because of more standard equipment, specifically ABS and side bags/curtains. But real-world prices will probably be significantly higher than for comparably-equipped 2008 Corollas for awhile, since the 2008s have rebates and big discounts and it's likely those will disappear until the people who "gotta have the all-new Corolla" are satiated. Whether that takes a few weeks or months is a function of market demand for the new Corolla.
  • joem5joem5 Posts: 201
    I don't care if you buy a Corrolla, Whatever they nail you on options.
    The :) Honda Civic EX_L has leather and heated seats.Do you think Toyota missed the boat there
    Leather and heated seats can be added by the dealer and maybe it will become a factory option on the XLE later if there is enough demand.
    Leather will be available on the XRS model.
    There is no reason for prices to be much higher unless you choose to look at one that has extra options that weren't available before (like nav) or compare the MSRP to a 2008 without optional side airbags and other new standard features on the 2009.

Well to me it looks like the trim levels have changed a bit but my concern was the OTD price. MSRP is not a concern at all. But as someone pointed out, the rebates and discounts will not apply to a car that still has the paint drying on the dealers lot. I think this is true for any make of car, when brand new, no discounts. Amazing that Honda is discounting Accords already. My wife thinks they are too huge for her to drive.
    I figure a 2008 OTD price like I was looking at would be around $15K based on Edmunds info.
    So maybe the 2009 will cost $16K when the prices settle down. Light on the options keeps the price down and all that's needed is power windows and door locks and cruise control and A/C with a single CD player. Pretty minimal.
    15k Out the door? For which trim level? CE, LE, or S? What options?
    Mack
    That was for 2008 S and I forget which option it had but it wasn't a big one invoice was like $15something and with rebates and discounts I figure I could have gotten it for about that. MSRP was $17K. We have no taxes and title is usually $50 and their paperwork would vary depending on where I'd buy one. Usually $100 or so for licensing. It might have gone up I've had my car a long time now.
    2008's are pretty much on clearance. I finally have some time off and my wife isn't allowing me to car shop until we get back home. But a 2009 is not going to have much in the way of incentives for a while.
    In my region there's a 1k cash back or 3.9 financing thru the end of December. They are going at invoice or invoice less rebate. Don't wait until the supply get low though because you may not get what you want.
    Mack
    In my region there's a 1k cash back or 3.9 financing thru the end of December. They are going at invoice or invoice less rebate. Don't wait until the supply get low though because you may not get what you want.

No choice, I'm on vacation and my wife is adamant, no car anything until it's over. I was lucky to get any time off at all this year everything is so busy. I need a car myself and she needs a car but my Subie WRX has over 200K on it and it's not doing so well. but I'll be back at work on Jan 2nd and I'll start seeing what I should buy for me. My wifes car has a lot of life left in it. She can wait a few months. The new Corolla looks sharp but they rate it as boring to drive. I've driven a lot of boring cars but would rather not. My wife is into boring cars and doesn't care at all about performance just good in snow and reliable with a manual tranny and the usual basic options. I won't spend much over $15K for her car. She should drive a Yaris! The Corolla would fit 4 adults for when mine breaks. :blush:
  • jet10000jet10000 Posts: 656
    And we're still outselling the Civic!

Not any more Mack. Check out the November sales. The Civic outsold the Corolla. Oh! Better get used to being number 2. Especially with the very underpowered new Corolla being released.

http://www.hondanews.com/categories/1097/releases/4381

http://www.toyota.com/about/news/corporate/2007/12/03-1-sales.html
  • jet10000jet10000 Posts: 656
    It will continue to kick the Civic's butt because it appeals to the middle of the market where most of the buyers are located. Will it make the purist purr and go soft, no not at all. All it will do is sell, sell, sell and make gobs of money.

Where was the middle of the market in November? They must have been buying Civics because the Civic was the one that sold the most.

Toyota has become lazy and complacent and Civics sales are up almost 25%. So much for your theory about bland and boring selling the most.

• kdhspyderkdhspyder Posts: 7,160
    Puleeze.. this is the end of the 6th year of this model... and the Civic just now edged ahead for one month as sales a production of the old Corolla wind down.

You were joking right jet??? After getting the tar beat out of it for 4 years the Civic edges ahead one month by about 100 units. That was funny one jet...yuk, yuk. :shades: ( ahem YTD sales )

Now back to your Civic board ( in 2nd place ).
    I wouldn't brag about selling 129 more Civics than Corollas. So we had a flat month. It happens. Just wait until January when the 09 Camry hits dealers lots and then February when the Corolla and Matrix arrive. We'll see who's left standing then. ;)
    Mackabee
  • I and many did not buy in November and will not buy until the new Corollas are out in February. So, the Civic can enjoy the view from the top for the next FEW months but in February, watch out!
    They always ship small numbers when a new model comes out, so i bet they won't have enough built to increase sales until the 2009 has been out a few months.
    Sales will probably fall further after the 2009s debut due to low inventory of available cars to sell.
    This is Toyota we are talking about not GM. There will be plenty of inventory on ground.
    Mackabee
  • sr1945sr1945 Posts: 38
    All in all, I can care less if Corolla beats out Civic in sales or Civic beats out Corolla. I buy what I want and thats a more reliable care, that looks good to me inside and out, not to others.

I bought Hondas, both the 07 Civic and 08 Accord since the Corrolla is now bland to me. Still an OK car, but I want more now, not just the same.

Had two Corollas ( 2001 2003 ) and liked them, Rav 4 which I did not, Celica that I really liked, and now Honda's. So take the kid stuff that one is better than the other. Its all personal to the individual taste.

;)
  • jacksan1jacksan1 Posts: 504
    And we're still outselling the Civic!

Not any more Mack. Check out the November sales. The Civic outsold the Corolla. Oh! Better get used to being number 2. Especially with the very underpowered new Corolla being released.

Honda (not Toyota) must be rather concerned about these numbers. Their competitor, the Corolla, a fully amortized model (every unit sold is pure profit) gets beat by their newer model, the Civic, in sales number by this small a margin. If I were running the Honda marketing department (US), I would be scared to go into the executive meeting room to have to explain this.
    What are the sales per store?
  • jacksan1jacksan1 Posts: 504
    What are the sales per store?

I don't have that information. Sorry.
    OK. I thought you might have those numbers, since you thought Honda would be concerned about their Civic sales numbers.

With the real-world price of the 2009 Corolla being much closer to that of the Civic (e.g. fewer rebates on the new Corolla, at least at the start), it will be interesting to see what the sales volume will be.
  • I currently have a Toyota Echo which never gave me any problems but I am exited about the new corolla which I think looks better than the last generation and the base engine is better too. So I will definitely trade my echo in for a new corolla with a manual transmission in Feb :shades: .
  • I was wondering if anyone could tell me if dealerships would pay me $1,000 below Kelly Blue Book trade-in for my car in cash? I have some serious stuff that has happened and I don't care I need the money. Its a 2003 Toyota Celica GT-S, its got 108,118 miles on it. Cars in emmaculate condition. Paints chipped on the front and has some dents. Could some one give me a run down of how to sell this car and I mean like in 3 days quick. Thank you very much.
  • some do but they will pay you $1500 - $2000 below book price
    From your description it doesn't sound immaculate at all. 108k miles, paint chips, dents, best bet is take it to Carmax and see if they'll take it off your hands. Or last resort go to a buy here pay here dealer and see what they give you for it. No franchised dealers will touch it due to the mileage as no bank or credit union will lend money on it. Also they can't put a warranty on it or certify it. Good luck. Try the newspaper.
    Mackabee
  • jjx456jjx456 Posts: 41
    link

Motor Trend has a first drive, too.

Motor Trend
    What's unusual about these tests is all the pictures they show are the pictures that were released to the press when the car was unveiled. I didn't see any with actual driver's from MT and Ed.. in the car. Hmm. Are we being misled here?
    Mack