Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chevrolet Tahoe Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

Comments

• Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,145
    A reporter is looking to speak to consumers who has purchased a GM vehicle over the past six months or interested in buying one shortly. Please send your daytime phone number to ctalati@edmunds.com by Monday, April 13, 2009.
    Thanks,
    Chintan
    Corporate Communications
    Edmunds.com

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• jeffcstevensjeffcstevens Member Posts: 1
    I am looking at a 2008 LTZ white Tahoe. TMV says $37,300 for this vehicle, but I still think that is high. It has 22,500 miles but is very clean. Anyone looking at any good deals on a vehicle like this one? What price should I expect to get in an environment like the one we're in?

Thanks,

-J
  • carshoppin09carshoppin09 Member Posts: 1
    I have been looking at a Tahoe after a friend of mine got a good deal last August. She bought a new 2008 LTZ (white) with pretty much everything on you can imagine. MSRP was like $50,250 and they got employee pricing for $38k something. I started looking at a 2009 LT2 with Luxury, Entertainment, Heavy Duty Trailering Packages, and 2nd Row Bucket seats. MSRP has it at $50,585. I was told by some I could get a great deal, probably $15-20K off with the way they need to sell cars. However, I was given the price of $46,354.05 which is the Supplier Price, less the $3,000 in rebates.

So basically if I would have bought the car at MSRP I would have gotten $3,000 off with the rebates, but if you get the supplier price, you get an extra $1,000. I told the salesman that we were not in the ballpark with what I have seen other people quoted. I told him I was in no hurry, and could wait it out. I live in Tennessee and these Tahoes have been there for quite a while, and I never hardly see anyone when I pass the dealership. Does anyone think Chevy will do employee pricing again anytime soon, or do you think it is possible with what has just come out about GM closing plants this summer, that you could potentially get $15-20K off a '09 Tahoe?
  • lbt1lbt1 Member Posts: 4
    I would wait. Prices should come down from what you were quoted. Last summer I purchased a black 4wd LTZ fully loaded. The list was $53.270 and I paid $40,300.
    I don't know if that was a great deal, but I think it was a good deal. If those vehicles aren't moving by mid to late summer you should see prices come down.
  • eagle_eye411eagle_eye411 Member Posts: 2
    Hey texastiger can you provide your dealership info? I am located in North Texas and am looking for pretty much the same package you purchased. Originally I was looking to buy used but would be willilng to buy new at that price.
    Also - does yours have the 5.3L? That is a must as I will be pulling a boat.
  • texastigertexastiger Member Posts: 4
    I purchased from Frank Parra Chevrolet in Irving. I submitted an offer though their listings on Ebay Motors, and eventually settled on a price with Ken Shouw (sp?) in Internet Sales.Yes mine does have the 5.3L engine, the 4.8L is only available in the LS. If you do a lot of highway driving the 5.3Ls have the Active Fuel Management System which helps. Im 99% sure the 4.8Ls do not have the AFM.
  • eagle_eye411eagle_eye411 Member Posts: 2
    Last night I went to the dealership to test drive one and I was told 2nd row buckets are not available on the LT1. This was the first I've heard of that so I tried building a vechile on their website and sure enough 2nd row buckets are only an option on the LT2. I really need to get the price down to $33k and I don't think they will go that low on the LT2.
    I was told by the salesman that a couple weeks ago GM had some coupons out where they could take off up to $2k off the price but they offer has expired. Has anyone else heard anything about this?
    I'll give Frank Parra a shot and see what they can do.
    If not, I did find a certified 2007 LT2 with 35k mi on their used lot. It was pretty much fully loaded except Nav and Rear camera which I don't care about. They have it marked at $31,400. If I could get them down to $29k would that be a good deal?
    I just priced up a new on with the same features and the MSRP is $51,600.
    Any advice is greatly appreciated.
  • davis226davis226 Member Posts: 1
    Has anyone is South Carolina gotten a better deal than this?? I had a dealer quote me the following:

2009 TAHOE 4WD LTZ

Sticker: $57,170

Inovice: $53,106

My Price: $48,900 with rebates --- cannot combine 0%

I'd really like to get in the low 40's....
  • ronhere24ronhere24 Member Posts: 5
    hello all. im about to pull the trigger on a new 09 or 10 tahoe lt2 orz71.i have a 07 with 55000 miles on it with a full bumper to bumper warranty on it till 75000 that i will trade in. kbb says 21950 for trade in value. is that high? the sticker on the new tahoes are about 52000. 0% for 60 months. any new incentives or deals i should know about? going to the dealer saturday..
  • ronhere24ronhere24 Member Posts: 5
    ok guys heres the deal, went ot the dealer yesterday after work.....
    2009 tahoe z71......
    sticker $52,452 he didnt give me details but
    out the door $38102 with tax and reg
    2007 tahoe trade in - $20,000
    $18,102 total
    gm card - $2,000
    driving home $16,102/60 months %0 = $268.36 a month....pick it up monday............
  • elseis66elseis66 Member Posts: 2
    Hey ronhere24, thats an awesome deal! I live in houston and am needing a similar deal on an 09' Z71 tahoe. I would be willing to buy out of state and have shipped for that price. Can you give anymore details like the dealer name and location. The best deal I can find here is roughly $7000 off of MSRP. Any help would be greatly appreciated, used priced are way to inflated and prices on new just are not low enough here yet, but then again Texas seemed to be completely invenerable to the recession so far.
  • lxa393lxa393 Member Posts: 1
    That's a great deal! I would also like to know where this dealership is. I'm in the market for an 09 Tahoe LT2 Z71. The prices I have been given are all in the mid $40s (AR and TX) which I think is still too high. I'd be willing to travel for a better deal.
  • elseis66elseis66 Member Posts: 2
    ronhere24, please let us know the dealer you got your deal from or at least what state you are in. I am really needing to buy a new car and just cannot get anywhere near that price down here. Thanks
  • rockman59rockman59 Member Posts: 250
    The supplies now for GM SUVs and trucks are tight due to the GM situation. Dealers are getting sticker in many markets and prices on used SUVs and trucks are also on the rise.
  • krd08krd08 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the color rockman - where are you getting this data from? I would have thought it would be a buyers market - with rising gas prices compounding the situation.
  • rockman59rockman59 Member Posts: 250
    Saw that info on one of the cable news sites....Fox, CNN, whatever, can't remember which one had the story.
  • ou96ou96 Member Posts: 2
    Has anyone purchased a new 09 LTZ recently <= $40,000? I was told that I would only be able to get a used one at this price but based on the inventory avaliable I'm thinking the prices should be coming down. Does anyone know when the 2010 will be avaliable?
  • 73shark73shark Member Posts: 325
    My salesman told me that I could order one around mid-July but not sure if Obama Motors will allow SUVs to be built. :(
  • jcattierjcattier Member Posts: 2
    ronhere24,

please share the dealer/salesman info as I to would love to see if there are any other z71 that are available with that pricing.

Thanks.

Jacques Cattier

jcattier@mac.com
  • ar15haymakerar15haymaker Member Posts: 5
    I can't find any good deals. I'm begining to think there are none. The dealers out here can barely beat the Costco Membership prices.
    MSRP - 47,440.00
    Invoice - 44,248.15
    Costco Membership Pricing - 43,958.65 Out the door tax+ license would be 46,689.00

Lowest dealer price Ive seen that beats Costco - 43,500.00

You can add to that either the 2,000 cash back or the 0 % financing.
    Can anyone out there help me find a better deal?
  • ar15haymakerar15haymaker Member Posts: 5
    Can anyone else say that they have been able to get the 0% financing mixed in with any sort of cash rebate? I know I can't. I think this guy is full of crap.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,145
    A national newspaper is looking to speak to consumers who financed through GMAC and got approved or tried to finance through GMAC and didn&#146;t get approved. Please send your daytime phone number and the vehicle you own to ctalati@edmunds.com by Thursday, July 30, 2009.

Thanks,
    Chintan
    Corporate Communications
    Edmunds.com

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• jcattierjcattier Member Posts: 2
    the person i have been dealing with will not budge off the $47,999 price from a $50,600 invoice price which includes a $1,600 dealer hold-back and $1,080 ad fees.

this is an '09 and the '10's are arriving in august yet the salesperson would not negotiate lower and said they had no inventory and there will be much less in 2010 available so they are holding firm on pricing.

i don't understand it because this particular car has been on the lot for 140 days and they are paying to hold it on their lot every day.
  • pahefner01pahefner01 Member Posts: 202
    My wife is ready to pull the trigger on an 09 LTZ, fully loaded without the moon roof and DVD if we can get that. Does anyone have advice on the best dealer for sales and service in the St. Louis, Missouri area? We got a price from a dealer in Kansas at around 52K for a vehicle MSRP at over 57K.
    The selling and servicing dealer may be different. Any help would be appreciated. I'll share the result.
  • mjansen1mjansen1 Member Posts: 46
    Anyone have any good recommendations for a dealer in the Pacific Northwest? There always seems to be more of a demand for SUV's up here and therefore more $$$.
    Thank you in advance
  • zboaterzboater Member Posts: 17
    Considering getting a 2500 and have looked at some used 2007's as well as 2009's. Does anyone know the major differences between the '07's and '09/'10 2500 4x4? The only thing I see is that the '09/'10 have the new 6 speed transmission, and they no longer seem to offer the 4.1 rear end. Also, has anyone heard when the '10's will be available - I would think soon. Thanks.
    '09s have blind zone alert, 6.2 engine as option which w/ not be available on 2010s, cooled front seats.

2010s may be available for ordering around late Sept or early Oct.
  • nordnord Member Posts: 2
    Just got a quote today for a 53K MSRP LTZ at 49,390. That is unreal, my feeling going into the dealership was max 43K. Does anyone have any recent deals to post? Not much action on this board.
  • vinnynyvinnyny Member Posts: 764
    You've got to wait for reality to set back in after the "cash for clunkers" boondoggle. It could be a while because C4C cleared out much of the inventory that we could normally snatch up for nothing this time of year. You might have to wait until Christmas for the prices to come back down. However, plant closings and decreased production might mean that the prices will never get back down to normal levels.
  • zboaterzboater Member Posts: 17
    Agree ... between hangover of CFC and Tahoe/Suburban plan just re-opening, and greatly reduced inventory, I think dealers are going to stay in the 5-8% discount range + whatever GM is adding to the pot (currently $4K or 0% for 60 or 72 mo). So your $49.3 is about 7% off ... add in the extra $4K incentive and you are at 45.3 ... probably getting to current reality ...
  • nordnord Member Posts: 2
    I can see what you mean about decreased inventory, not many LTZ's on dealer lots right now. I've also noticed an increase in pre-owned prices.

Zboater, just as an FYI - the 49.3K figure included the 4K.
  • jl76jl76 Member Posts: 1
    Talked to a dealer, offered a LT2 with bucket seats and 20'' wheels at 44650 MSRP, sale price 36500 + TTL. Drove to the dealer, found out the car has 777 miles on it, want to take additional 700 off, dealer refused. Walked.
  • ls7ls7 Member Posts: 1
    Can you tell me where and the name of the dealer you were dealing with...looking for a tahoe too. Thanks!
  • markjacqmarkjacq Member Posts: 9
    I finally bought a tahoe hybrid for my wife for the winter.. We traded in our 01 honda odyssey. Backdrop: We just moved to MN from CA so i wanted my wife to have a big 4x4 tank to drive in winter. We looked at every other suv out there and the tahoe or yukon was the only one that worked from a size and accessories that we wanted. I shopped for about 3 months and looked at both gas and hybrid models new and used. Best deal we found overall was a fully loaded 4x4 tahoe hybrid(all options offered) in the color we wanted (black). We've had it for about 6 weeks now and my wife is happy and she is consistently getting 20-21 mpg driving kids to/from school and shopping. We paid $40k with our trade in which is exactly what I wanted and had offered to other dealers but hadnt had any takers. I did this all via the internet with a local dealer and the process/transaction was painless and simple. I just laid it out and it all worked- no hassle, negotiations, or delays getting jerked about by a "sales mgr". I swore I'd never ever buy an american car but this truck was the only one that fit the bill. So we'll see how the truck does over the next couple years to see if I'll buy a second american car.. Cheers.
  • blackbear06blackbear06 Member Posts: 3
    Just negotiated a deal on an 2009 Tahoe LT/2 LT Z71. The vehicle has leather, heated seats, luxury package, etc. I was able to get them down to $500 below invoice (MSRP $48,975, negotiated price $45,555) and the 0% for 72 months. Is this a good deal? It is a Texas dealer.
    That's about 7% off and supplier price is about 6% off so sounds like a buy. Plus you got 0%.
  • schmidtrlschmidtrl Member Posts: 2
    Has anyone purchased a new LTZ lately? What was your price paid? I've talked to friends who purchased an 09 earlier this year, fully loaded LTZ for less than 42K, brand new. I would love to hear some more recent prices paid for a new LTZ as I'm in the market for a Tahoe in the next couple of weeks!

Thanks!
    2010 LTZ MSRP $57,290, SUPPLIER DISCOUNT $53,988 less any other discounts I can wheedle out of them. Scheduled to built today.
  • blackbear06blackbear06 Member Posts: 3
    Thanks! I am supposed to pick it up tomorrow, I am pumped.
    Wound up getting an employee discount and $2,000 cash rebate and $500 for not taking the 60 day return offer. So got it from $58,090 MSRP down to $49,736 plus tax. Got $31K for the '07.

Picked it up last nite.
  • schmidtrlschmidtrl Member Posts: 2
    What is the difference between the "supplier price" and invoice? I am in talks with a dealer that said he will give me the car at the supplier's price... is that good or should I keep negotiating lower? It's for a 2010 Tahoe LTZ that's MSRP is $56,800.

Thanks for your help!
    MSRP = $58,090.00
    Invoice = $55,056.76
    Supplier = $54,698.75
    GMS = $52,349.76
    less $500 60 day return waiver
    less $2,000 rebate
    less $31,000 2007 trade

So unless you can get an employee discount (GMS), you probably aren't going much lower than supplier discount. Also there's a rumor that both discounts are going to be modified next year so it may be time to strike. Good luck.
  • socal_tahoesocal_tahoe Member Posts: 3
    I purchased a 2010 chevy tahoe LS today. purchase price was 35,000 plus I got 3,000 in rebates. So I ended up getting it for 32,000. I just want to know if this sounds like a good deal. They said I was getting into their holdback, but I really don't buy that.
  • camstercamster Member Posts: 12
    4WD?
    no it was a 2wd, we kind of really had to buy now since we got a deal on financing through our bank that was about to expire. I just don't know whether or not the deal was good. We got the 2,000 customer cash, and another 1,000 since we have a 2007 toyota.
    no it was a 2wd, we kind of really had to buy now since we got a deal on financing through our bank that was about to expire. I just don't know whether or not the deal was good. We got the 2,000 customer cash, and another 1,000 since we have a 2007 toyota.
  • lakerlennylakerlenny Member Posts: 1
    I received a quote for a 2010 Chevy Tahoe LT with no extra options for $37.300 not including the $2,000 and $1,000 Toyota rebates. Can I squeeze anything else out of this?
  • rob97agrob97ag Member Posts: 1
    You got a quote for $37k before the $2k rebate?

That seems like a very good price. Invoice for this vehicle in TX is $40.1k. I have been watching prices literally every week for the past 6-8 months...and am waiting until the cash rebates hit $4k so I can get an LT with towing package for invoice - $4k. You are already there plus some. If I could get this vehicle for $36k...I would be at the dealership tomorrow.

Looks like a very good deal to me.

Good Luck
  • rette123rette123 Member Posts: 4
    Hi Forum,

i want to buy an 2007 Tahoe 4x4 LT about 50.000miles. Now i want to ask if some one can tell me a actual manheim aucitons result list of such a car.
    maybe the Manheim Market Report ore anyone who has acess to manheim.

thanks for your help
    rette
  • rette123rette123 Member Posts: 4
    Nobody help?