Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chevrolet Tahoe Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

Comments

• 73shark73shark Member Posts: 325
    Never heard of that auction. You can go on-line and check Mecum or Barrett-Jackson rates.
  • rette123rette123 Member Posts: 4
    edited April 2010
    ok manheim marketing report is like black book i think.
    i only want to know, how much such a car is value on dealer car auctions.

mecum and barrett-jackson is not the right thing i want to know.
    manheim auctions you can info about on twitter searching for ManheimCFAA
    or http://www.facebook.com/pages/Manheim-Central-Florida/247937021159
    :-)
  • rette123rette123 Member Posts: 4
    Nobody with access/login to Manheim-Auktion? who can give me the aktual Marketing Report with the sold 2007 Tahoes during the last month with prices/values?
  • mike6711mike6711 Member Posts: 2
    was at the dealer today,
    was quoted a price of $48741 plus $2500 in rebates
    MSRP of $52310
    2010 LT, 4WD, Surf/Sun package and rear bucket seats

Got the supplier price minus three hundred

Is this a good deal, or should I push for a little more
  • s6313s6313 Member Posts: 1
    I just bough a used 07 Tahoe LT fully loaded. It has the navigation system and the rear entertainment. I was reading through the handbook and it mentioned having a rear remote that goes to the screen. Does anyone know where i might find a replacement remote? Im guessing the previous owner lost the previous one since i haven't seen it?
    Well your dealer's parts dept for sure. I'd try some of the on-line parts sites, ebay, and Craig's list first. Might also check w/ Logitech to see if one of their programmable Harmony remotes would work.
  • bigkrngombigkrngom Member Posts: 7
    So ive been trying to stack all the rebates for 2010 Tahoe.
    Right now, they are offering
    -- $3000 or 0% 60 month
    -- GM Emplyee gets $3000
    -- Current Toyota owners get $1000 off
    -- USAA.com members get $750 off

So potential $7750 off the price before even negotiating on the price... what do you guys think?

-David-
  • jdmae2002jdmae2002 Member Posts: 1
    Am looking at a '10 Tahoe LT w/msrp at $47.8K and after supplier discount and rebate puts it at $41.9K + TTL. Is this the best deal I can expect or will the dealer negotiate further? I've never owned a Tahoe before, nor have I ever spent anywhere near this much for an auto before so needless to say I'm very hesitant!
  • camstercamster Member Posts: 12
    I'm looking at similar - seems reasonable. I agree that $40K is tough to get over.
  • solosolo Member Posts: 48
    David, thanks for your post. I like your "potential rebate math. Will Gm give anyone the employee discount. Last time I looked they worked for us! or was it we work for them. Whats USAA?
    Before you buy check out the "Tahoe problems" forums.
  • johnnybcarjohnnybcar Member Posts: 6
    USAA is for current military members and their families. I hear though that they are relaxing their restrictions on who qualifies. Might be anyone who has any family member who has ever served in the military or something like that.
    Thanks, Johnny
    I seriously doubt that if you're getting either a supplier or employee discount, that you can get any further price concessions.
  • austinweirdaustinweird Member Posts: 6
    i would like to buy 2010 Tahoe LT with navi
    i want to buy bottom price
    how can i do? i'm in austin tx
    please, give me an advise and let me know price quate
    thanks
    Find a GM employee and get their discount. You can still get all of the rebates.
  • mountain01mountain01 Member Posts: 1
    Do not buy 20" wheels as an standalone option. You will save $$$ by selecting a vehicle with the Regional Package that includes the larger wheels. Also, the Regional Package will give you several other options. I learned this lesson the hard way - paid $500 more for a car with $1500 less options. Buying a la carte will hurt your wallet! Shop around for the Regional Package even if you have to travel to find the car.
  • vietcuvietcu Member Posts: 5
    I have been trying to get a 010 LT and have found that dealers in my area are unwilling to go any where close to invoice, what gives? These vehicles can't be that hot right now, they aren't even entertaining my prices.
    Saw an add in Chicago's paper 2 weeks ago for a stripped down 2wd tahoe for $29,997. 2010
  • vinnynyvinnyny Member Posts: 764
    I just came home from Phoenix, AZ where Tahoes were advertised for $1K under invoice plus all incentives. Your dealer is nuts...
    edited August 2010
    My dealer can't get enuf Tahoes and Equinoxs. Find someone w/ a supplier discount privilege.
  • bcb1967bcb1967 Member Posts: 3
    I'm going to order a 2011 Tahoe...the question is when. My family member got me the GM Family First voucher #, so I'll get $3,000 rebate for that, plus $1,000 Toyota Conquest rebate, plus $1,000 tahoe cash back. I'm at + $5200 on my trade. The only thing missing is the 0% financing.

If I pull the trigger now there's little chance that they'll be doing 0% financing by the time it gets here. Maybe I should wait and order it in Nov/Dec when there's a better chance of getting 0%?

The best I can do right now is 4.5% locally at my credit union. Not bad, but the difference between 4.5% and 0% is about $60/mo, and that might very well be worth waiting another couple months.

Anyone here have a magic crystal ball to know when GM will offer 0% on the '11 Tahoes?
    Or be patient and look on Craigslist and/or Ebay. I'm buying an '11 Tahoe LS, of course it comes with the 17" wheels.

I found a set of four 18" Z71 wheels in excellent condition for $400 on Craigslist. Tires will run me $150 each, total of $1000 for Z71 wheels w/ new tires.
    That's crazy! Dealers are doing invoice +500 around here with little or no arm-twisting involved, for '10 or '11 Tahoes.

Maybe you live in some crazy area where people have fist fulls of money and people are lined up down the street to buy cars - but in most areas of the country it's a buyers market, not a sellers market.
  • vietcuvietcu Member Posts: 5
    Similiar enough vehicle so thought I would post here also. Got me a SLT diamond white, MSRP 53290. Total OTD after TTL was 53,078. Plus I was fortunate enough to get a 1000 conquest off that price, opted for 0% financing. Had to go out of my state to get at that price though. Anything in my state was MSRP plus tax no negotiating, crazy is what I say. Not sure if I can say which dealers, so I will just say I had to go from Ohio to Mich to get the vehicle. Did all the negotiating and what not on the phone too.
  • vinnynyvinnyny Member Posts: 764
    I agree--shouldn't have to pay more than invoice+/- (and get all the incentives on top of that). You could really save some money buying a one-year-old for 60 cents on the dollar.
  • ej2ej2 Member Posts: 1
    Hello,
    in your opinion, is this a good deal?

"2011 Tahoe 4WD LT in Black Granite Metallic with Ebony interior. It includes Sun, Entertainment, Destination Package, and Luxury Package with an MSRP of $52,230. A 39 month lease based on 15,000 miles per year with $7,000 down would be $508/month. This includes all taxes, fees and DMV charges."

Thanks
  • five04tluvfive04tluv Member Posts: 9
    with the new incentives started 3/1, I'm looking to upgrade my 03 LT. It's amazing to me that in 03 I paid 38,500 + TTL for my almost loaded Tahoe. Now I'm looking at atleast 12-15k more for a 2011.
  • metmdxmetmdx Member Posts: 270
    Don't know if the knowledgeable folks here will know; maybe you can point me in right direction.
    When looking for quote on GM site, it asks if vehicle will be for personal or business use. Is there something about one or the other that would dictate what amount would be quoted?
    Thanks,
    metmdx
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,586
    If you are trying to get a lease quote, sometimes vehicles that are titled in a business name have higher finance rates..

I think the banks see businesses as more of a finance risk, than an individual.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• tahoefan12tahoefan12 Member Posts: 1
    Anyone have thoughts on why one dealer would send their invoice list over and cost and others wouldn't?
  • five04tluvfive04tluv Member Posts: 9
    11 LTZ msrp 53930, sales price 49,284.79

options

sunroof
    side blind zone alert
    trailering
    trailering controller

I'm getting it for $100 over invoice - the $2k rebate. Seems good to me.
  • invoice_2_muchinvoice_2_much Member Posts: 1
    Just bought a 2011 Tahoe LT in Southern Cal, July 2011. Options were just the Regional Value Package, basically 20” polished wheels & chrome grille/door handles/mirror covers. Had test drove one with an MSRP of around $46,000 and hoped to end up (after the $3,000 GM rebate) at maybe $41,000 or $42,000 which is about invoice. I found a dealer online with an LT model and the RV package at $40,600 or what they said was $700 below invoice. I thought this was a great deal and was seriously considering it until I found a dealer discounting another $2,500! They even came down another $500 with some negotiation. I think I ended up about $3,000 below invoice and just wanted everyone to know it was possible!

I searched Auto Trader, talked to local dealers and looked at ads in the newspaper and “newspaper” ads that dealers have on their websites. I paid $42,000 out the door ($38,500, plus tax, title, lic.) Don’t pay sticker, don’t even pay invoice! You can do it! Be persistent!
  • chevyfan12chevyfan12 Member Posts: 2
    I've been to 3 separate dealerships in my area (MD/VA), and have been quoted 53K out the door on a 2012 Tahoe LT, with sunroof package and DVD/Nav.

The place in VA wouldn't negotiate at all and I ended up walking out over 2,500$. If they said let's meet in the middle, I would have made the deal. Another said 53K was their absolute best price and they ended all communication.

It seems that all three places have an "Internet price", from which they don't budge one inch. The sticker on all three trucks are around 55K, so I'm really asking for a cost of 48K with about 2,500 taxes and tags.

Is it realistic to ask for 48K on a 55K sticker or am I way off base here? My thinking is that not many people are buying large SUVs anymore, so dealers should be trying to make a sale.
    There's only about a 10% markup so 7K off sticker is a bit much.
  • chadfromftownchadfromftown Member Posts: 18
    I wish vehicles were still that reasonably priced... I live in San Antonio. My wife and I just got a 2011 LTZ Tahoe 4x4. Sticker was $61,789.00 We spoke with the sales manager (skip the sales people) bottom dollar plus multiple rebates because it was year end, and we settled on $52,550.00 I'm sure that by now you have purchased a tahoe but I thought I'd throw this out there...
  • chevyfan12chevyfan12 Member Posts: 2
    I didn't think 7K off the sticker was that bad considering the True Car price was around 48K for a 55K truck. My local dealership had a couple for 48K, but they were white/cream with light interiors. Not my cup of tea. :)

I'm just surprised that the dealers have this "Internet price", and they won't budge an inch from it. I'm tempted to do my research on the Internet, then walk in off the street, pretending I have no idea what this mysterious price is.
  • patnicpatnic Member Posts: 27
    2012 Tahoe 4WD LT

Options - Luxury Package, Heavy Duty Cooling Package, 20" polished alum wheels, sunroof, 2nd row bucket seats, rear vision camera, trailer bake controller, black granite metallic paint.

Sticker - $53,470
    Selling Price (GM Family Discount) - $50,177
    Demo Discount (7000 miles) - $3,000
    Wheel locks - $95
    Vangard Plan A (rust proof) - $479
    CVR $24
    Doc Fee $190
    Tax price $47,965
    Sales Tax $2877
    License $8
    Title Fee $15
    Cash Delivered Price $50,866
    Rebates $6500
    Total Price Due - $44,366

Al Serra in Grand Blanc Michigan

Value Guard Plan - I'm sure a ripoff, but husband has a Ford F350 which is rusting out, and we plan to keep the Tahoe for a long time.
    I have a Black Granite Metallic Paint 2012 Chevy Tahoe. The paint looked wonderful when I first bought it. Now it scratches VERY easily in car washes. The scratches can go past the black paint to hit white layer underneath or you can see how the brushes rubbed againt the paint and has brush mark damage.

I've gone to different car washes, so it's not the car wash, it's the defective paint. Is anyone else having this problem?

P.S. I've had a black Honda Civic and a black Chevy Blazer in my past. I have never had these problems with paint.

Advice? (Besides worthless touch-less car washes?)
    I'd avoid mentioning car washes when showing this to the dealer. Most modern drive-thru car washes today use soft chamois-type strips and don't scratch unless you really have a ton of dirt/mud on your truck.
  • mrweeksmrweeks Member Posts: 2
    I just purchased a 2013 LTZ 4x4 Tahoe with following options.

Trailer Brake Controller
    Heavy Duty Trailering Package
    Sun & Entertainmenet Package
    1st & 2nd Row All Weather Mats
    Rear Cargo Mat
    Chrome Exhaust Tip

Total Sticker Price was 60,144

I paid $54,055

Down payment of $1,000 and finance rate of 4.99% for 60 Months on Average Credit is the Deal I got.
  • jamiegage78jamiegage78 Member Posts: 2
    this post is 6 years old so im just curious if its maybe your location....but license fee 8 dollars...and title fee 15? MAYBE im mistaken but in most states these fees are several thousand like 3000.
  • jamiegage78jamiegage78 Member Posts: 2
    i got turned onto leasing by a friend but im not sure its an option for me really..he leases a new tundra crew max for just 325 per month. maybe its an exaggeration but he says it would be twice that if he were to be buying it with financing.

i have contacted a dealer and they have gave me a internet price for 48,854. the sticker price is 56845. is that a good deal? what is an average lease price for this vehicle? im not sure but i hear stories of people having leases for 600, 700 maybe 800 per month. im looking for more like 400-500 maybe 550 as a max...but it would have to be loaded with extras to have that much of a payment...

im not so skilled at the driving the price down at the dealer. are there things to discuss? reasons why price should go down....mostly every car i have ever bought the dealer is dead set in price...i might can get them to budge a litle on extra dealer fees....but thats it...

anyway nobodys posted here in 30 days so not dont want to put much more and not get a response...thanks for your help in advanced
    The monthly payment is just one component in leasing. You'll also have an upfront payment and depending on the vehicles worth at the end of the lease, you may have to make up the difference, especially if you put too many miles on it. You really need to study up on the subject so you know what's in store going in.
    Thanks. I hate this paint so much. I've seen other complaints on other Chevy cars and this paint. I'm in the process of selling it right now. Junk. Can't even believe I paid extra for this horrible paint.
    What kind of car wash are you going thru?
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    Did you recently purchase a car from the Detroit 3 (GM, Ford or Chrysler) after avoiding these domestic vehicles in the past? What made you change your mind? A reporter would like to ask about your experience. If you can help, please contact pr@edmunds.com by Friday April 26th 2013.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• tpersingtpersing Member Posts: 1
    Hey Car Man-
    Wondering if GM offers decent lease deals on a 2013 Tahoe LT. My credit is top tier. Looking for a 3 year 12k miles lease. Thanks!
  • zboz13zboz13 Member Posts: 6
    Hi Car Man!!

Can you please give me the lease details on a 2013 Tahoe LTZ - 36 months and 12K per year? Thanks!
  • evildudeevildude Member Posts: 2
    Do you mind sharing a few more details?
    Who did you financed with?
    What do you mean by "average credit"?
    How much do you pay a month?
    How much does it cost to insure?
    I hope I don't sound intrusive but I really like this truk and I hope to one day be able to buy one.
    Thank you.