Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chevrolet Suburban Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

124»

Comments

• rick9194rick9194 Member Posts: 50
    So ... anybody getting any good deals with the new incentives ... are the deals about the same?
  • schultsjschultsj Member Posts: 3
    We just bought a 2008 tahoe hybrid, 2wd, rear dvd for 40980. This price includes employee discount and 5k rebate plus additional 1k off . It does not include trade or TTL. The drive to Chandler Chevy in Madison,IN was worth it
    We feel this is an outstanding deal considering one month ago it may have been 12k more.
  • bwalukonisbwalukonis Member Posts: 16
    I will tell you that I just priced out an 09 tahoe and suburban, the 08's are a great deal with the employee discount and rebates. I still have a temp. tag on my 08 suburban and I believe the msrp will be around 3 grand more with no 5grand rebate. It will be an interesting 09 model year.
    So a similar equiped 09 is about 3k more than the 08 you just bought?

Wow ... that sounds pretty good.
    Is the hybrid offered with 4wd .... whats your mileage around town and on the HWY?

Are you happy with it ... any downside to a hybrid?
  • schultsjschultsj Member Posts: 3
    Sorry for the late response.
    The hybrid does come in 4wd but we live in KY and don't haul too often. We have been averaging about 21-22mpg. I think you lose 1-2 mpg for 4wd. My wife drives it and she doesn't spend too much time on the hwy.
    The downside to the hybrid is that the second row is a bench ( which folds) but you can't get bucket seats. Also the rear window doesn't open but we are ok with that. So far we are thrilled with tahoe!!!
  • caranddrivercaranddriver Member Posts: 4
    I'm not 100% sure on the exact details, but my parents got a white 2008 4x4 Suburban LS for around $33K out the door including taxes and fees. It had a few options like the convenience package and the upgraded in-dash cd changer stereo.So my guess is around a $42,850MSRP. I think my parents had some rebate from their GM card too. They got it from the Roseville, CA dealership who had to get it from another dealer.

My dad is selling his 2003 4x4 quadrasteer Chevy 1500HD Silverado to a friend. That thing was a gas pig. No matter highway at 55MPH or 70MPH, it still got around 12MPG! This Suburban should be an improvement.
  • rshookrshook Member Posts: 17
    With the dilemma that GM is facing and the lot and overflow lot at my local dealer full - I'm wondering what I can get an LTZ 4x4 for? Was thinking about offering $25K :). Heck that gets inventory off the lot, no more interest payments on that car sitting there, gets GM some cash into their balance sheet, etc. etc. Makes sense to me :)

What kind of deals are people getting out there on these?
    Let's see , just suppose the MSRP is 56000. for a fully loaded LTZ and you are looking for over 50% reduction,don't believe that is going to work. Maybe able to grab an 2005 though.
  • kiawahkiawah Member Posts: 3,666
    Be sure to check Universal Chev, got a much better deal than any of the real local guys, and extremely pleasant to deal with. Beat the best local by a couple grand on my 2007, if I remember correctly without pulling out all of the paperwork.
  • rshookrshook Member Posts: 17
    Well, I know I won't get a new LTZ for $25k but that inventory is going to last them a L O N G time. My '00 'burb still pulls our motorcycles and hauls the crew the few times per month that I need all the seats.

Kiawah: where is Universal?
    Main Street, Wendell.

Take the new I-540 beltline east,easy to get to. It's like 20 minutes from N. Raleigh/Raleigh. Family run business.

You can check their inventory online. That's how I found them, they had the LTZ with the color/seats/options I wanted. Drove out with my trade, they checked it out, and we shook hands in about an hour.
  • BlueAcBlueAc Member Posts: 7
    Hey everybody... I'm currently trying to work out a deal for a used 2007 Chevy Suburban Z71. The truck is fully loaded w/ on 21K on it. My question is with all the price drops on new trucks and the predicament that GMC is in, what do you think a reasonable price for this truck is? The dealer was at 34,995, which I thought was ridiculous. He's now down to 32K out the door, but I want more. What do guys/gals think? What's a reasonable price for this truck? I used the Edmunds TMV and stated the price should be a little over 31K.
  • murphy4murphy4 Member Posts: 92
    We have 3 small boys, a dog and seem to always have a bunch of gear on trips. We have never been SUV people, always foreign wagons. We rented a Suburban last summer on a trip and I love it. The gas mileage was better than expected, managing the right foot and the cylinder de activation on the highway makes a huge difference.

Now our lease on our volvo wagon is close to coming to an end. I am thinking Suburban/Yukon XL. What should we truly be paying? Is a 2009 better than a 2008? The 2009 do have the 6 speed, that has to help highway miles.

Any advice to a SUV rookie would be appreciated.
    As your boys start to grow, you will love a Sub even more than you currently do.
  • ctdubl07ctdubl07 Member Posts: 6
    Has anyone had success obtaining a purchase price under the Invoice if you took the 0% financing? I am getting numbers a little under Inv but most dealers hold to the premise that the cash and rebates cannot be combined. Thanks for your help.
  • lmo9lmo9 Member Posts: 4
    I took the 0%/60 months last night on a new 09 suburban.

Price was about 2k below invoice, plus I received the $3,500 lease 2 buy cash rebate that GM is offering for GM and non-GM leasees. The 0% was in lieu of the $2,000 cash rebate (but not the $3,500) so this seemed fair.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,142
    A reporter is looking to speak to consumers who purchased a Ford, GM or Hyundai vehicle due to the owner protection plans. Please send your daytime phone number and the vehicle you own to [email protected] by Monday, April 13, 2009.

Thanks,
    Chintan
    Corporate Communications
    Edmunds.com

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? [email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

Hello ctdub
    Thanks for the info Did you lease or buy? Could you clarify the deal you received? I understand that you got the price down to 2K below invoice and the 0% financing. What is the $3500 for? That came off the price? I couldn’t find anything about “lease to buy” on the GM site.
    Thanks
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,142
    A reporter is looking to speak to consumers who has purchased a GM vehicle over the past six months or interested in buying one shortly. Please send your daytime phone number to [email protected] by Monday, April 13, 2009.
    Thanks,
    Chintan
    Corporate Communications
    Edmunds.com

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? [email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• lmo9lmo9 Member Posts: 4
    I purchased the 09 suburban. Financed the full amount at 0% over 60 months. The negotiated price was 2K below invoice. On top of that, I received a $3500 rebate that GM is currently offering for current GM and non-GM leasees with leases expiring prior to september 2009. Not sure if this additional $3500 rebate is on the GM website, but if you call a dealer they will tell you it is available.
    Thanks IMO ... The extra rebate was to help out existing leasees

Anyone else with a recent buying experience?
  • ctdubl07ctdubl07 Member Posts: 6
    I am getting "supplier" quotes from my local dealer who wants to be aggressive but realizes that I am not going to pull the trigger until the 0% comes back.

I was bummed to see them discontinue the 0% on the suburban for May. They've kept it on virtually all the other models but I guess they sold enough Suburbans recently to pull back.

This still surprises me considering their recent posted Q1 loss, the published huge declinein April sales and the impending restructuring. I would think they would continue to try and bring buys for all models into the showroom no matter how well just to keep traffic up and units moving.

Case in point - Chrysler just annoucned another round of discounts ontop of already steep incentives after they heard from their dealers that the recent news is further keeping people from buying. You'd think GM would want to keep any momentum they have.

I am hoping the 0% comes back mid-month but if not, I'll wait however long until it does.
    I have been buying suburbans every 6 months for 15 years and this is the first year I won;t have an 09 and instead bought an enclave. Looking at the history gm has not put money on the hood nor has zero percent financing now. They shut down janesville and I believe that there is not that many suburbans in inventory hence the 1000 dollar rebate and no zero percent.

These are interesting times, 08's are bringing strong money used. Don't look for too many deals.
    Thanks for both replies

That is interesting. Obviously I don't know how much they "make" gross when they sell a Suburban .... But I would think they would rather sell 10 and make 2k each than sell 1 and make 10K. But I'm sure I'm not as smart as the guys running GM .... after all .... they make millions a year while losing billions a month ... they are definitely smarter than I am.
  • boxerdog1boxerdog1 Member Posts: 3
    I am looking to buy a new LT2/LTZ for an upcoming trip in mid July. The dealers here iowa, are quoting invoice -1k with no financing deal. I remember 10-13K off at this time of year in years past, or 7-8K w/0%. In light of GM's situation, is anyone seeing anything better out there or am I going to have to look at Sequoia? What have people seen out there lately? Thanks for the help!
  • jrg28jrg28 Member Posts: 1
    Hi,
    We have been looking to buy a Suburban LT2 for the past few months, but the deals just don't seem that good given the fact of the GM situation. Do you think rebates will increase? When is the best time to buy for the best bottom line price? We want leather and middle row buckets, but don't care about all the other options.
  • irish6irish6 Member Posts: 6
    Any recent purchases? Incentives are good, but I'm finding it hard to get a sense for how much they will deal. Any help would be appreciated?
  • austinweirdaustinweird Member Posts: 6
    Hi, I'd like to buy 2010 Suburban 1500 LS 2RD, cloths
    i got some quotes from chevy dealer at Dallas Texas
    Lowest quote is $38585+ TTL ( 0% finance rate with 60 month)
    I don't want their cash discount ($3000)
    because if I get a discount, interest rate will be 3.9% for 60 mon
    it will be expensive monthly payment
    how do think my quote? Please share your experience
  • rdkayakrdkayak Member Posts: 5
    We have a 2003 Suburban LT with 97,000 miles on it and just looked at a 2008 LTZ loaded, that has 37,600 and they are asking $37,800 for it. They offered us $9,500 for ours which is low, our car is in great shape and was very well taken care of. Wondering what anyone with knowledge of 08's and mileage thinks of the price. We are hesitant to buy due to mileage and wish the mileage was less, more like 30,000. Thoughts, anyone? Thanks so much
    Not much input in the Suburban thread??
  • cberrytechcberrytech Member Posts: 20
    I'm shopping for a new 2010 or 2011 Suburban, looking to buy in the next week. Was waiting until today to see if the rebates changed. Anyone else shopping? Would love some input.
  • a4b5a4b5 Member Posts: 17
    Shopping too - but struggling to find details on recent prices paid.

Looking at 2011 LTs fairly loaded: DVD, Off Road & Luxury Package.

Being quoted prices around $5,500 off MSRP. Example: MSRP $54.9k, quote of $49.2k + tax and title.

Good? Bad?
    I was looking for an LTZ or fully loaded Z71. LTZ was pretty easy to find, but the loaded Z71 was a task. Only found 1 within 300 miles. I called a few dealers to price shop the LTZ vs the Z71. They all came off about $3500 plus rebates. Didn't matter if it was a 2010 or 2011. 2010 came with an extra $1000 rebate, but I decided to sacrifice that in order to get a model year newer. I will easily see it back in resale value. We ended up getting a 2011 Chevy Suburban Z71 with the Lux, HD Trailer, & Sun, Ent, and Dest packs. MSRP was $56,600 and we got it for $50,000 with discounts and rebates.
  • k13tobyk13toby Member Posts: 1
    Hi I am new to this form and don't know if you have bought already. I just built and ordered the following:

2011 1500 LT Suburban 4X4
    Sheer Silver Metallic Paint
    HD Trailering Package
    Luxury Package
    Sun, Entertainment and Destinations
    Engine Block Heater
    Second Row Captain's Chairs
    I picked the above options to get as close to LTZ as possible without paying the price for an LTZ.

The sticker price is $55,610
    Consumer Reports says invoice is $52,508
    My dealer is selling it to me for $50,000
    Less $3,000 is rebates and its $47,000 plus tax and license
    It will be built 1-31-2011 and delivered first week in February, so the incentives may change before then, hopefully for the better.

I live in Southern California, so maybe the pricing is different in other states. I hope this helped if you didn't already purchase your new vehicle.
  • a4b5a4b5 Member Posts: 17
    That's pretty much what I'm looking for - but for significantly less $ than I'm being quoted in TX. The $49.2 price I quote above is after the $2k rebate as well as a $750 USAA member discount.

Maybe a trip to CA is in my future :D
  • kremdogkremdog Member Posts: 2
    How do you like the Z71 package? Would like to test drive one but no one has one. Hope it improves the std handling.
    I have zero complaints about the Z71 package, or about the Suburban as a whole. Just don't get me started about the nav/rear entertainment unit. Detest is putting it lightly. It is basically worthless if the vehicle is in motion.
  • z71fanz71fan Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2011
    I bought a 2011 4X4 Z-71 with the sun entertainment package, and luxury package. Im thinking I should have gone with my other option which was a 3/4 ton Diesel Crew Cab.

I was ok with the deal coming in at $50,400.00 after all I was coming out of my 2003 Z71 4X4 that I have 170K on.

Took delivery of the vehicle on Thursday of last week and went on a 150 mile trip with it all highway miles.
    To say I was or am disappointed would be minimizing my feelings at this point.
    Transmission on this vehicle is different than my 03, they used to use the 4 speed tranny now they have a 6 speed - it is very confused and from what I now read, it is not uncommon at all with this new transmission.
    Advertised mileage, I was excited to get into the new vehicle and gain a mile or two a gallon off of what I have come to expect from my old faithful with 170K on her, my disappointed again as the new one has not been better and in fact been worse so far. I now do not look forward to driving it and am pissed off at the decision I made, if I get screwed from GM on this thing I can tell you that I will become 360 degrees off from what I have been for the last 30 years in telling people that I work with, and people that work for me etc.. they have to buy american. I hope - truly hope - they come through on this deal and make it right but I have a sneaking suspicion they will not - if thats the case GM is closed in my eyes. I have owned over 17 GM products personally thus far and influence the buy of several cars a year. 65 Chevelle, 69 Impala 70 Nova, 72 Blazer, 70 pick up truck c-10, 78 K20, 79 K20, 86 Diesel Suburan, 88 K30, 88 Bravada, 89 K30, 95 1500 Suburban, 2000 Tahoe, 2005 K20 Diesel, 2003 Suburban and now the 2011 Suburban. :mad:
    Thanks for the review.

What was the sticker price?

I'm not sure I understood what you meant about getting screwed?? You already bought the truck? Could you explain please.

Thanks again for the review
  • cdepaolacdepaola Member Posts: 11
    Just picked up a nicely appointed 2011 4wd LS, see below for full details. MSRP was $48,628.00 we paid $40,890.

SUBURBAN 4WD 1/2 TON LS
    VORTEC 5.3L V8 SFI FLEX-FUEL
    6-SPEED AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION
    Black Exterior Color
    Ebony

Options installed by Manufacturer
    TRAILER BRAKE CONTROLLER
    $ 200.00
    CONVENIENCE PACKAGE:
    MIRROR, ISRV WITH REAR CAMERA
    DISPLAY
    ULTRASONIC REAR PARK ASSIST
    REMOTE VEHICLE START
    POWER ADJUSTABLE PEDALS
    CHROME TOW HOOKS
    $ 154.00
    ENGINE BLOCK HEATER
    $ 75.00
    REAR CARGO MAT
    (DEALER INSTALLED)
    $ 69.00
    REGIONAL VALUE PACKAGE:
    20" POLISHED WHEELS
    REAR LOCKING DIFFERENTIAL
    * HEAVY DUTY TRAILERING PKG:
    ENGINE OIL COOLER
    HD TRANSMISSION OIL COOLER
    PWR HEATED/FOLDING OUTSIDE
    MIRRORS W/AUTO DIMMING &
    TURN SIGNALS
    CHROME DOOR HANDLES
    CHROME GRILLE
    FOG LAMPS
    ADD'L 9 MONTHS XM RADIO
    $ 2,940.00
    TOTAL OPTIONS $3,498.00
    MANUFACTURER'S SUGGESTED RETAIL PRICE $48,628.00
  • ecloueclou Member Posts: 20
    edited January 2012
    my best offer so far on a 2012 LT 1500 4x4 with Z71 package, lux, sun & entertainment, HD cooling, tow package and controller, bucket 2nd row with $58k sticker is $51,400. This includes owner loyalty discount ($500) GM factory rebate ($1000) a GM Houston Auto Show promotion ($1000) and the dealership internet/fleet discount. This is the best I have found so far
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    A reporter would like to speak to someone who recently bought a used large truck or large SUV. If you have purchased a used large truck or SUV in the past 6 months, and you are willing to discuss your decision with a reporter, please email [email protected] no later than 1 p.m. Pacific/ 4 p.m. Eastern Wednesday, April 18, 2012 with your daytime contact information.
  • dcsleeplessdcsleepless Member Posts: 1
    I am eyeballing the 2013 Suburban LT trim. Since family size keeps expanding, and both wife and I don't want to go with MiniVan. Never owned a truck, only crossover like Q7.

Has anyone purchased the 2013 model recently with $2500 incentive? How much off MSRP price is considered good deal with LT trim? Any advice will be appreciated.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    A reporter would like to talk to a car shopper who's considering a new Chevrolet Suburban or Tahoe. If you are currently in the market for either of these SUVs, and you'd like to share your story, please email your daytime contact information to [email protected] no later than Tuesday, 9/10/13 at 1 p.m. PT/4 p.m. ET.