Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Buick Lucerne

Comments

• thegraduatethegraduate Posts: 9,731
    GM was good about having automatic headlights. Chevy's late 90s Lumina with crank windows and only an AM/FM radio (no tape or CD) even had auto-on/off headlights.

The only problem I have with that feature is that I see tons of Tahoes, Suburbans, Buicks, etc... driving in the rain with no headlights on. :( They should turn on when the windshield wipers are activated for more than, say, 10 seconds.
  • Karen@EdmundsKaren@Edmunds Posts: 5,027

Karen-Edmunds Community Manager

• turbo5lucturbo5luc Posts: 1
    I got my invoice right here on a new 2007 Buick Lucerne CXL. I got $2200 total rebate not counting my GM credits. Total cash used in the deal was $4426.61 from GM. Now that is not bad for a great car. Everyone who sees my car loves it. When they ride in it they fall even more for it. Its a big car and gets good gas mileage. GM did good with this car. It also has a wonderful 100,000 mile warranty or 5 years with 5 year road side assistance and GM provides transportation if it should ever have to go in for routine maintenance! I got a red one with creamy white interior.

Not bad for an American car company!!!

Turbo5luc :shades:
  • gmccoygmccoy Posts: 5
    I am also having the battery rundown problem on my 2007 Lucerne CXL. It has been to the dealer 3 times so far and this time they have had it for two weeks and still no resolution. What has your dealer found out so far about the problem?

Thanks!

Gary
  • dandydon2dandydon2 Posts: 77
    Hi Gary,

Don't know if this will help, but I found that the battery ran down overnight for no apparent reason in a 2001 Chrysler 300 I used to have. Battery checked out OK. Discovered that the problem was due to my inadvertently turning on the instrument panel light switch when I wiped the dashboard. It seems that when the switch is turned full clockwise, the lights stay on indefinetly.

Dandydon
  • gmccoygmccoy Posts: 5
    I am sure that is not the case here, because the car has a battery saver which will automatically turn off the interior lights if they are left on. I did find a TSB 06-06-03-009 which deals with battery run-down when the car is turned off, but don't yet know if it is my problem. It affects the Lucerne, Tahoe, Suburban, Impala, Silverado, and presumably a number of others. Apparently, the Body Control Module needs to be re-programmed with new software. We'll see if that helps once I talk to the dealer about it tomorrow.

Thanks!
    Gary
  • nugbanugba Posts: 3
    After months and trying almost everything else my dealership found the problem. It was the OnStar Module staying on trying to get a location fix. They replaced the OnStar Module and after 4 months of driving never had the problem again. Before the fix I was jumping the car every 3 weeks...
  • richman64richman64 Posts: 15
    1. Better lighting (i.e. optitron) of the dash and guages like most under $20K Japanese cars have. It's a shame that a $30K-$40K car such as this does not offer this.

2. Split folding rear seats

3. Kill the ash tray and replace it with a storage area for CDs.

4. Offer the better (i.e. firmer) suspension that's available in the V8 to the V6 models, especially with gas at $4 a gallon.

5. Kill the lame port holes

6. Offer a darker colored leather in the V6 models. The very light tanned leather looks like it will get dirty easily.
  • richman64richman64 Posts: 15
    When will the 2008 Lucerne be available? Does anyone know what changes/improvements will be made versus 2007?
  • 0311vn0311vn Posts: 48
    What are some of the prices of Lucernes going for in various parts of the country? I'm from Detroit, where I just visited and looked at some cars, but now live in San Diego. Am I right to think that metro Detroit has better deals than here in SoCal?
  • I want Buick to pay attention to my complaint of sudden engine failure on interstates with our 2006 Buick Lucerne. My letter to GM's CEO was received by GM on July 10th at 2:51 but no reply has been received by today. Five repair departments have been involved-the two recurrent problems -one above plus four episodes of not starting or even cranking seem to keep involving the wiring harness. Two repair depts genuinely felt they "fixed" the problem and we trusted them at first. Now we are involved with the original dealer who is fluffing us off-this car is a major hazard to us and others. We want a fair resolution. Suggestions beyond notifying BBB and NHTSA as stated in the manual is needed. We have an over $30,000 car sitting in our garage-useless because I am terrified to drive it on the highway.
  • jrodenjroden Posts: 8
    I got a used CXL a few weeks ago and so far like it a lot. It is quiet and comfortable and rides very nicely. The mpg's are about 24 with mixed driving. The handling is not great, I think the suspension would benefit maybe from different shocks or springs, when the time comes I'm sure there will be some aftermarket options. I wish the rear seat folded forward to allow trunk access, that's really cheesy on an expensive car like this. I'm going to get 16 inch mounted snows for the winter, the 17's were really pricey
  • On 2008 Lucernes there will be 3 new (Safety Related) options available on all models.
    (#1 is Standard on CXS)

1- Vehicle Stability Control ( Part of Option Group# PCI)

GM calls this"StabiliTrac".

This technology has proven itself in all brands of autos by greatly reducing automobile related injuries.
    Furthermore to some degree ,VSC may help avoid getting into the accident in the first place!

2- A Side blind spot Alert system (Option# UFT)

3- A Lane departure warning system ( Option UFL)

后视镜贴的钻钻和我最- 最爱的HELLOKI- TTY西西^_^

C计划图片(已完- 成)

5月28日车车已经从&#289- 00;房出来了,正在安装玻&#29- 827;和内饰

下面是我最喜欢的- 引擎盖,实物真的是超&#32423- ;漂亮的喜欢死了呢,好&#2148- 7;爱,我想在高速上如果&#243- 20;引擎盖修车的话可能&#202- 50;引起交通事故吧.嘿嘿^_^

5月30日手机拍&#30340- ;我家欧欧,明天就去&#19978- ;身份了明天还要改轮&#27586- ;和换扁平轮胎大号的

下面是操控台的钻- 钻细节以及后视镜上的- 贴钻

新赔付的大灯之前- 的有点松了

D计划图片(已完成&#6530- 2;月4日图片更新)

我和哥哥的车车合- 照

车尾的细节限量的- HELLOKITTY- 车标,做工很细致是正- 版货,颜色也很闪,另- 外candy是我的英文名车子&#3- 0340;拉花还在寻找中......

下面是轮胎和轮毂- ,米齐林的扁胎胎,换- 的比原车大的轮毂了,- 所以胎要换成扁的咯,- 真闪真好看

我最爱的HELLOK- ITTY

杯架,太阳能摇摇- 乐,日本限定草莓熊的- KITTY,帽子可以- 拿下来,超可爱~

• Is the Lucerne rear wheel drive? If not, why snow tires. I lived in Michigan for decades and didn't run snow tires on a van.
  • jimmy2xjimmy2x Posts: 124
    Lucerne for 2008 remains FWD - have driven both the CXL V6 and the CSX V8 - really liked the power and handling of the V8.
  • Anyone know why the Lucerne is still not offered with GM's newest V6 and six speed automatic. Saturn has had it for a year and even the new malibu offers it as an option. Since Buick is offered up as a premium brand (at least compared to chevy) why is GM withholding this engine/transmission option. They could at least offer the six speed with the current 3800 series engine assuming the two are compatible. What gives?
  • TO JIMMY2X---I drive a v8 and i found that the v8 drives and handles much better than the v6. one reason being that the v8 has MAGNETIC VAR ASSIST STEERING' which seems to stop the wandering and drifting - which I noticed in the V6. Along with "STABILITRAK", the ride and steering is very good!! I am very satisfied.
  • 62vetteefp62vetteefp Posts: 6,048
    There is no 3800/6speed combo at GM and to put the two together would be very expensive in Engineering and development. Being that the 3800 only has about 2 more years of life and is only used in two lower volume vehicles (LaCrosse/Lucerne) the 6 speed with the 3800 is not going to happen.

As far as replacing the 3800 with one of the other engines (3.6 would be great) that would depend on how long the Lucerne is going to be around in its current FWD platform. Since it also will be replaced in the '10 time frame it is doubtful they will stick in a new engine. But it could happen if the Lucerne sticks around a bit longer since the 3800 plant will be closing in the next year or so.
  • This comes STANDARD in GM vehicles costing $20K. Yet a loaded up CXS with an 8 costing $40K Does NOT have it. The new 08' Cadillac CTS does NOT have it either. One must blow $8K on an option package to get it. No wonder why GM is on the brink of dying. And NO 6-speed tranny on the 08' Lucerne either. Man, this company has its head up its --- for sure.