Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mazda CX-7

Comments

• WEIRD!!!

Maybe I caught a glimpse of info which was not to be seen. When I ran my Dealer Assignment/Inventory Report today... the ETA Delivery Times are no longer reflected. :surprise:

Most likely, someone caught this possible leak and withdrew the estimates. That's exactly why I said I'll still gear our folks up for May/June delivery. ;)

There are no build dates ever reflected. Mazda only reflects estimated delivery times if the vehicles are not actually at U.S. ports or holding yards. :)

I'm the Sales Manager at the only Mazda dealership in Fort Worth, Texas. We're able to pretty much serve the entire Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex and a heck of a lot of surrounding rural areas. :shades:

ZOOM ZOOM
  • aviboy97aviboy97 Posts: 3,159
    Mazda officially announced yesterday that there will not be a 2007 Tribute. I guess Mazda really wants to concentrate more on their own vehicle, CX-7, rather then the Ford clone.
    However, there is still a chance the Tribute will stay alive. There is talk about releasing a completely redesigned 2008 Tribute sometime in early 2007.
  • Hi Mike:

Thanks for the info...it really is great to hear from somebody who has the inside track on this stuff...I could use a little help here to determine what the sell price would be on the new CX-7 that I placed my order on, without knowing what the thing was going to cost me. What can I expect my dealer to try to hit me up for? keep in mind that you are the sales manager of a Mazda dealership.

I only deal with the General Manager of the dealership where I buy my cars. This is going to be my 6th Mazda from this dealership in a 5 year period. I've purchased 2-626's, 2-Millinia's, and most recently I purchased a 2005 Tribute S, fully loaded. I am definately a repeat customer, who forwards quite a few referrals to the dealership.

I ordered the CX-7 Grand Touring package, with the Navigation option, AWD, wheel locks, and winter floor mats, in the Copper-red metallic finish. :)

I will be trading in a 2002 Millinia S, with the two-tone Pearl White Metallic finish, 46K for milage, in excellent condition. Just put on a new set of Dunlops's, all new brake's and rotors, within the past 60 days. It has the 6 CD Bose system, and I keep it in pristine condition, having it detailed professionally every 6 months. The retail on this car in the Boston area per KBB is around $17K, what can I expect in trade?? :confuse:
  • I have a 2002 Milli S, with the miller cycle engine which requires premium fuel, so it's not going to be any different for me. Also, the MPG on the two, in comparison is of little difference to me. I guess I'm just accustomed to the premium fuel cost, and don't have a problem with it....
  • Will Mazda release any pre-info to current Mazda owners/leaseholders? :confuse:

I have a 2002 Tribute lease which is up on 5/21....

I would like to look into leasing this new vehicle as a repalcement..

Does, did, Mazda offer any incentives to current owners? :)

Thanks
  • audia8qaudia8q Posts: 3,138
    Here is a video of the new CX-7 driving around..

http://www.fusionunleashed.com/index.php?categoryid=13
  • cowbellcowbell Posts: 125
    Not to start up all the venom again, but I think the CX-7 stands up very well when it comes to pricing. I compared it to the Rav4 and the Murano with as similar features as I could find. Now I don't compare all three because the Murano comes standard with a 7" LCD display, and the RAV4 doesn't have one as an option. I got the prices (which are MSRPs) from the manufacturers' websites.

CX-7 vs. RAV4
    with approx equal Horse Power and torque and AWD
    with leather, moonroof, 6CD stereo, and towing package.
    CX-7 : 29,680
    RAV4 : 30,055

CX-7 vs. Murano
    with approx equal horse power and torque
    with leather, moon roof, navigation, cargo net & tray, and high-intensity headlights
    CX-7 : 32,735
    Murano : 37,775

I'd say Mazda has done a very good job pricing this competitively.
  • russ_49russ_49 Posts: 54
    Thanks. That is exactly the comparison information that I am looking for. I would never purchase a RAV 4, and the Murano just doesn't do it for me. I've been a real Mazda man for the past 6+ years, and it is going to be very difficult for another manufacture to pursuade me to change.
  • simagicsimagic Posts: 84
    Does anybody know anything about the cx-9????????
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    I agree, in fact I thought it was going to start at $30k. For that much you can get one pretty darn well equipped.

-juice
    Does anybody know anything about the cx-9????????

Since everything is purely speculation, which is so much fun :D , no one really knows anything. Mazda is usually tight-lipped about new vehicles. However, I do think there is a possibility that the CX-9 will debut at the NY auto show in April. That is where the MX-Crossport (CX-7) concept was shown. Why I say this is because the CX-9 will be only offered in North America, or so the rumor goes, because we will no longer see the MPV. What better stage is there then the NY auto show to debut a North American only vehicle?? IMO
  • pisulinopisulino Posts: 78
    I will throw the 2007 Mitsubishi Outlander into the equation.
    Have a look at the new style, pricing very similar to Mazda with the exemption that it has 10 year warranty for the the powertrain and 5 years in all the rest.
    A beauty to be discovered.

I know, some people say that Mitsubishi is having financial problems...well so does GM, Nissan. (Mitsubishi is one of the largest conglomerates of Companies in the world - aerospace, banking, food, mining, etc.) so they'll be around.

I have both the CX-7 and 2007 Mitsubishi in mind.....we'll see later this year about a decision.

Just have a look it may be another option to choose from.
  • mschmalmschmal Posts: 1,757
    I thought they were bankrupt.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    Not quite, but even Finbarr bailed after he saw the mess they were in. That guy saved Hyundai from extinction.

-juice
  • pisulinopisulino Posts: 78
    here is the link
    http://outlander.jp/

and if you want to know more about Mitsubishi....

http://www.mitsubishi.com/php/users/category_search.php?lang=1

Do you think they will go bankrupt???? lol
  • audia8qaudia8q Posts: 3,138
    size isnt any indication of financial health....look at the worlds largest automaker. Mitsu came very close to leaving the US market last year and they are still debating the topic. Their future in the US is certainly a topic of discussion.
    We used to carry a Mitsu franchise. We dumped it because of their troubles. Not only are they in financial trouble, but, are no longer building competitive vehicles as a whole (style, performance, reliability). Granted, Mitsu's do have an average track record.
    I would not count on Mitsu being here in 4 years. That would leave your warranty null, with no one here to back it.
  • dripgossdripgoss Posts: 7
    I'm very interested in the CX-7 and have been doing a ton of research on this and comparable crossovers coming in the next 2 years.

I have a few questions for the Mazda fans on this forum though:

• Any thoughts on how the CX-7 will stack up to the new Hyundai Santa Fe? I'm concerned about safety, features, power, warranty, etc. Speculation, anecdotal or hard facts - whatever your thoughts.

• Is the CX-7 based on Ford platform or not? I keep hearing conflicting reports on this.

• What's Mazda reliability like generally? Any potential problems I don't know about (never owned a Mazda)?

Thanks in advance guys and thanks for all the great info up here!
  • redc0ugarredc0ugar Posts: 55
    Drip, I've owned 3 Mazdas...all trouble free. They were the MX6, Protege and a 626. The first 2 I put way over 200,000 miles, the 626 had over 100,000...I traded it in on a Mountaineer. I love the space of the SUV, but I should have never traded in the 626. The engineering and
    reliability can't be beat. I suggest you ask Audia aka
    Rich, he'll give you honest information.