Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Ford Mustang (2005 & newer) Problems and Solutions

Comments

• gtgtcobragtgtcobra Member Posts: 268
    The 2000 to 2004 year are the BEST YEARS to look at when buying a Mustang. I was seriously considering trading my 2002 V6 Mustang for a brand new 2007 or 2008 Mustang V6 in the next 2 years, but after reading about all the problems with the 2005/2006 Mustangs, I am keeping away from purchasing this current generation Mustang. I am going to wait for the next body style to come out. I also want to wait and see if the new Camaro and Dodge Challenger is going to be built. If the next newer generation 2009/2010 Mustang doesn't look nice, I may purchase a 2009 Camaro or a Dodge Challenger.

But as far as the 200-2004 Mustangs go, they are by far the best design since the 1969-1970 Mustang design. They are also decent in quality if compared to the 2005/2006 Mustang. The 2000-2004 Mustangs have fewer problems and minor problems than the 2005/2006 Mustang. You will be doing yourself a big favor by keeping away from the 2005/2006 Mustang and instead buying yourself a 2000-2004 Mustang with very low miles on it. There are many out there.
  • cobragtcobragt Member Posts: 95
    Sry, I didn't mean to sound all rude or mean about it.
    Its your V6 loaded?

As far as the other comments about the 00-04 models. They are far from the most reliable mustang built. Do a search in google and pull up some articles.
    Also, I do not believe that the problems with the 05/06 are with the majority of them. Not to mention, I don't consider the problems such as fuel tank filling, front end noise, etc as major problems. They are all small fixes that can we done relativly quickly.

Not to mention, back on terms of quality...did you know the 05/06 models have 8 knock censors, thats right 8, one per cyclinder. Man if anything goes wrong with the engine, or something ain't quite right, the car will throw out a code before anything serious happens. Ford did their homework with this engine.
  • m1miatam1miata Member Posts: 4,551
    Did you know both the Challenger and the Camaro concept cars are over 79" wide. The Camaro is 79.6" wide. This is wider than a Town Car, and too wide for parking space and narrow streets of my little city in California. The whole car looks bloated. The door sills look higher as the windows shrink. Kinda looks like an army tank.

A smaller Pony car, which is lighter would be a hit. Better on gas and a V6 would be fast enough.

-Loren
    Consumer Reports: Mustang 2004 reliability looks excellent.
    MSN Auto: Reliability excellent.
    JD Powers mechanical looks like an excellent rating as well.

The 2005 is rated lower on JD Powers for mechanical than the 2004.

The 2005 and 2006 overall is a pretty good rating. And I would imagine compared to other Ford and GM cars of the past is pretty darn good for the first year. That said, it looks like some new car issues have come up. Not being able to fill the tank with gas is no small issue. Weird noises can drive one mad, as in crazy. Perhaps the 2007 cars will not have the problems that should have been taken care of last year.

The current and past model Mustang is something I will consider for a next car. Do they match Japan or Korean car reliability, that is another question?

-Loren
  • bmwguy2bmwguy2 Member Posts: 13
    im sorry to say but a co-worker of mine had a 05 mustang gt ,he is a tech at a bmw dealer,had the car 6 months,had many problems with it,called it a big piece of crap,bought a bmw ,seems like like ford does not stand behind the product and i doubt the fact that they will stand in front of it,contact an attorney ,and go lemon law ,get rid of the sick horse will its alive or you will be regretting it
  • riverronriverron Member Posts: 26
    I OWN a 05 Mustang GT, obviously you don't. I've owned it since Feb 05. During the first 3 months, I had the gas tank replaced, the c/d player fixed, and the front-end fixed. The car since then has been COMPLETELY trouble free. I've owned 14 Mustangs since 1967, (most of them new), and this is without a doubt the quickest, best handling, most fun Mustang I've had. If your friend workes for BMW why didn't he buy a BMW instead of a Mustang. Maybe because the Mustang was 1/2 the price.
    My girlfriend bought a NEW 2000 328 coupe, and we had things that had to be fixed on that car, (ie c/d player, outside door handles, bad battery that had to be replaced after 3 weeks), but I don't think it is a piece of crap because of those things. It is a fine automobile. I cannot think of any of my Mustangs that didn't have to have something fixed under warrantee.
    Ford does stand behind these cars, maybe a few dealers try to get away without honoring the warrantee, but all you have to do is find another dealer. ALL of my problems were fixed by a dealer that I DID NOT buy the car from, and were taken care of with the upmost courtesy and professionalism.
    If these cars are as bad as you think, why do they hold their value so well? A check of the KBB will show that my GT is worth, (even on a trade-in), every penny I paid for it new. Why are used GT's on dealer lots, still bringing close to their original prices?
    That is COMPLETELY trouble free? Not by Japan standards! Once they get the first and second year bugs out, the car may indeed be close to trouble free.

And no, the car is NOT crap, and I do know of people having no problems. The problems you had on your car however seem to be had by quite a few people. And the JD Powers shows this in comparison to 2004 model year. And once again, no it is not a terrible rating or an awful car. It is pretty solid. Wish they had other coupes too. Maybe the Fairlane 500 RWD coupe would be cool. No not the SUV thing they had a shows - a real Fairlane 500, with an inline 6 and the V8.

Should be interesting to see if the V6 changes in the Stang. My guess is that the 25MPG with an automatic is not going to cut it when gas hits $3.50 a gallon this summer. The 28 MPG with a stick ain't too bad, but I imagine lots of Mustangs have the automatic matched to the V6. Wish they had an inline 6, with gas mileage around 30 MPG. That would make a cool 2007 model.
    -Loren
    Obviously you don't read very well, or you only read what you want... I said ONCE THE PROBLEMS WERE FIXED THE CAR HAS BEEN TROUBLE FREE.
    You may or may not realize that the 2005 Mustang was a near completely NEW car, with a new platform. Nearly all NEW models in any car line will have "teething problems", and why are we talking about Japan or Korean cars, this is a Mustang forum.
    By the way, what is it YOU drine??????
    Opps, didn't spell ckeck it,
    What is it YOU drive???????
    I have a PT. I do have the ability to read and comprehend, thank you. Perhaps, it is you having misread my point? A
    car is trouble free, if it doesn't have troubles to begin with.

I have owned the '65 year Mustang, as well as, the '85 model year. Maybe consider the '04 used, or perhaps the '07, while now shying away from the current year due to teething problems, as you put it.

I have owned lots of different makes. The Ford Mustang ranks somewhere in the middle for reliability, of those I have owned.
    -Loren
  • 40yearswaiting40yearswaiting Member Posts: 17
    I know this will sound naive, but by PT do you mean a PT cruiser?
    PT Cruiser, not PT 109....
    Oh heavens, they decommissioned the boats years ago. Yes, the car! :blush: The m1miata user name dates back to when I had a model 1st generation 1996 Miata, thus m1 class or miata, or m1miata. True sports cars, though a skosh small.
    -Loren
    Actually the gas tank is NOT a big issue. So you can't fill your tank at certain pumps... CRY ME A RIVER. GO take it and get it replaced under WARANTEE!!

Again, 2004 and below models do not compare to 05/06. Handling, build quality, chassis, power, etc all ranked better. The 05/06 has even been said to handle better then the 03/04 Cobras with IRS!! Not to mention I can attest to that fact since I own a 2003 Cobra.
    So I take it you will be selling your Cobra for a GT '06 model.
    Have fun, and calm down, we are just talking about a cars problem areas, and solutions, nothing to get hot and bothered about. Enjoy your old car - new car, or whatever. I am sure the '06 will be just fine for many people. Some have a different view. Personally, I would wait for the '07. It is not a life or death decision one way or another. It is a car. I do appreciate Ford and Chevy for keeping the Pony Car and America's Sports Car in the car line-up for so many years. Some years have been better than others.
    Your '03 Cobra is a good car. Certainly would not knock the Mustang overall.
    -Loren
    No no, I'm not selling my 03 Cobra, its a 10th Ann. Ed. Black on black with red leather inserts.

I own a 05 Mustang GT also. Hence the forum name cobragt.

I understand what we are talking about, I guess I just get a little heated when it seems like people who don't own a car, or don't know much about it (not saying you don't, just in general) start bashing, or what seems like it, a certain car.

I mean, go look at the Infiniti G35. (Nissan 350Z) There are forums about people who are having like 50 rust spots all of a sudden come through their paint on their car. They took it to dealerships and it appears to be something with the bonding procedure on that car. Now thats a BIG problem. If I paid over $30k for a car, I wouldn't want my paint to be rusting away.

Every car is gonna have its problems. Its the severity of those problems that need to be looked at.
    Yes indeed, the 350Z has had some problems, such as the excessive tire wear problem the first couple of years.

Consumer Reports states that the reliability of the V8 is average, but the V6 is below average. Any clue as to what they are referring to? I was thinking of possibly getting a V6 some day, and the 4.0 is an old tried and true engine used in the Explorer, unless I am wrong. The only thing I can think of was the issue, I won't bring up again, or the way the owners view their car. By that, maybe the V8 = GT owners are not as nit picky about the little items and thus under-report some things compared to V6 owners.
    Or maybe another strange report from Consumer Reports. I mean to say, I can not figure out some times how they come to some conclusions.

People here on this board are pretty adamant about the merits of buying todays Stang vs. say the 2004, and I appreciate that. They have been convincing enough,that I will now be considering New Stang over previous models.
    Really would love to once again own a V8. My last V8 was the 289 in my '65 Mustang I traded in in 1973 on an Opel Manta Rallye. Seem the dang gas prices are always getting in the way, as is insurance. Current Mustang V8 vs. V6 gas mileage looks pretty close though.

Do you think the V8 is more reliable than is the V6?

Out of curiosity, did you consider the Corvette before buying the Cobra? Has your experience with Ford product been better than with GM? My last Stang was a 4 banger one bought in 1985 model year. Yes, I must have had sunstroke that day, or something, and was dazed and confused. It was so inexpensive, yet so stupid a buy when I should have bought the V8 that year. Would have kept it longer. I really wasn't thinking straight - gas mileage wasn't worth it.
    -Loren
  • lavrishevolavrishevo Member Posts: 312
    I purchased the V6 auto in the middle of 2005 and I had a couple of little issues. No gas tank filling problems just the front end popping that was fixed at the dealer in under two hours and also the driver side door handle replaced because it would not retract fully into its resting place. Otherwise it drove fantastic. Especially after tuning the engine a little and adding intake/exhaust. But I must admit test driving the GT was the end of me. That same day after the test drive I traded in my V6 for the GT and since then the car excites me like no other vehicle has. I have had no problems at all and the GT, it is such a thrill to drive. Very comfortable as well.

It is true that the gas mileage on the sticker is not much of a difference but in reality it is more then it seems. The V6 diffidently has better mileage overall. Maybe the GT is more conducive towards having a lead foot but none the less I am thourghly in love with my 06 GT and it would be my pick. Just a thought

D
  • sthrn05stnggrlsthrn05stnggrl Member Posts: 1
    Anyone else that has a 05 v6 mustang coupe having problems with a knock in the suspension? Also any problems with an automatic transmission, the other day i was shifting from reverse to drive, and it was marked at drive, felt engaged at drive, but was acting as if in neutral?

Taking it in the shop on saturday for oil change, but going to have that stuff looked at. The car only has 12200- miles on it. :( Good thing it has a warranty I guess. :confuse:
    It may be a simple cable adjustment. I had that problem once with an Oldsmobile floor shifter.
    As far as the PT Cruiser--we have a 2004, the first so-called American car that my husband and I have purchased in about 20 years. It started leaking oil and needed a new head gasket. Give me a break. The car had less than 19000 miles on it. We would never buy another one. Now that Mustang I own, despite the shifter problems, it's everything I ever dreamed off!
    My PT is using oil, but not leaking. Looks like just under a quart per 3,000 miles. I don't know if that is enough to be considered a bad engine or not by a manufacturer. I think it is poor compared to Japan cars I have owned. I have the 7 year warranty, as my car is the 2005 model year. So I am covered in that respect. I have had the radiator fan replaced due to noise. The rest of the car seems tight, but I am concerned about oil consumption.

I may trade it in on a Mustang, or some other car. Was also looking at the Tiburon.

The Mustang warranty is just three years, but that is only one factor in a buying decision. Overall, the car looks like a pretty fair price, and I see some building up on the lots. My bet is that $2ooo discounts may be coming. Maybe I will be in one in a year or two.

Wonder if there is any noticeable difference on the interior or exterior for 2007?

-Loren
  • o2techo2tech Member Posts: 1
    I have been looking at a 2006 V6 Manual mustang, the cars look
    great but after reading these posts and thinking back to 2000 when I thought the Durango R/T looked great and it turned out to be a piece, I don't want to go through that again. I travel for a living and currently have a Scion Xb, mileage is great, it has had no problems at all but the road noise and the motor turning 4000rpm at highway speed are driving me nuts. The mustang I drove seemed smooth and comfortable and only turned 2000rpm at highway speeds but I can't afford to have something that is in the shop all of the time :)
    If you are looking for reliability stick with a Toyota. My first was an '82 corolla that I had for 14 years and over 211,000 miles. Still had the original clutch when I finally got rid of it. My daily driver is a '96 Celica that I bought new and has 108,000 miles on it and I still average 36 mpg (got 38-40 mpg when new). Recently bought a 2006 Mustang, but will continue to use the Celica as my daily driver. My husband had an Acura that was a piece of junk and very expensive to maintain, so we will never buy another or a Honda for that matter based on that experience.
  • pony_piratepony_pirate Member Posts: 317
    This forum should be renamed Kvetch. :shades:
  • idamay27idamay27 Member Posts: 7
    I do not drive my mustang very often and every time I go out to take a drive, the battery is dead. The dealer has replaced the battery with a new one, and it still has the same problem. The dealer says the car needs to be driven, and can not sit. This is bull! I have never heard of such a thing. I have a Chevy that is fully loaded and it can sit a long time and always starts when I need it. What a pain. Someone told me they heard this problem happends with Mustangs equipped with the the factory Shaker 1000 stereo system. Do any of you who have experienced dead battery problems have the Shaker 1000? Has anyone had a fix for this yet? If so, I will look forward to hearing your replies.
    Well I never heard of the Shaker 1000 system causing that. That I think is just a runor. I have an amp and subs way more powerful in my 05 GT and the thing never dies on me.
    I suggest you get someone to take a look at your alternator. If your alternator is bad, then that would explain why your car doesn't start even when its a new battery. If it is bad, then a new battery will quickly loose its charge, and you won't be able to start the car.
  • jclfjclf Member Posts: 3
    What kind of surface are you parking it on? ie: Cement, grass, dirt, stone. I have heard that cement can drain the battery of an infrequently used vehicle. Why it may drain the mustang and not the chevy is still a question. I wouldn't think this phenomenon is mustang specific, but I test drove a v6 (with the shaker 500) and when I went to start it at the dealership the battery was dead. The salesman said it was because the car had been in the showroom parked on a cement floor. Other salespeople at different dealerships have backed this statement.
  • 06mustanky06mustanky Member Posts: 10
    Mine will go dead over night if i leave the
    key in the switch.

Are you parking yours with the key in the switch?

The dealer discovered this and thought
    there was a serious problem.

He said all ford cars stay "alive" for 45 minutes
    before going to standby except the Mustang. It's
    alive if the key is in the switch and never goes
    to standy by even if there is no activity.
  • gringomexgringomex Member Posts: 6
    My car has been in the dealer's shop now for 3 weeks while they look for an irritating vibration that occurs at 1500 RPM and goes away at about 1750 RPM when the car is in gear and under light acceleration.

Since the dealer appears to be baffled, I thought that I would ask if anyone else has had this problem and if they had any success at repair. What was the cause?

Any input will be greatly appreciated
  • idamay27idamay27 Member Posts: 7
    Yes, it is parked on cement. But that would be weird. Who knows. My car only has 600 miles on it and it is so pretty. I hate feeling like I have a lemon. There have been posts in previous months here about the same problem. Ho hum.
    I also remember someone else posting about the battery dieing on them, don't remember if they had the Shaker 1000 or 500. I think you have a draw on the system, be it concrete or internal that is killing your battery over a short period of time. I doubt it is your alternator or a bad battery. Maybe ask for a tech with the electrical service certificate who has a multi meter and see if he can meter either at the fuse box or sub. Maybe pull the fuse for the radio and let it sit the normal amount of time it takes for the battery die and see if this helps. Also don't forget that when a battery dies they say it is bad for it to be charged quickly by the alternator, may not hold the charge. To my knowledge you are supposed to charge it slowly with a charger. Just a side note, I have an 06 GT with the Shaker 500 and my job takes me out of town a lot for up to 15 days on end and I have not had a problem with the battery after letting it sit for this amount of time.

D
  • tayl0rdtayl0rd Member Posts: 1,926
    I have the Shaker 1000. I leave my GT sitting for weeks on end and have only had a weak (not dead) battery once. And the only reason I had that was because I had been playing the radio for about 3 hours the day before while I was detailing the cars. I haven't had a problem since.
    Does the vibration also seem to happen at around 3100 RPMs?
    This has been a well covered problem by myself as well as other in this thread. I own a GT and I am not 100% sure if it applies to your V6, but it may give you some insight for the dealer to look at.

At both 1200-1300 RPM and again at 3100-3200 RPM there is a vibration due to a faulty exhuast hanger, which happens to be attached at the crossmember.
    Here is a picture. image

The piece that is right in the front of where the guys hands are...it attaches to both sides of the exhaust, thats the crossmember. You should have something similar in the V6. Look into it.
  • maxjetmaxjet Member Posts: 1
    Hmm....that's interesting about the battery drainage. I had the Shaker 500 removed and replaced with a Pioneer Avic N2. I had the battery die three times before but on two of those occasions it was because I had left my power inverter on all night but the third time it wasn't the inverter because I know for sure that it was off. When it happened the third time I had no idea why the battery died but a quick jump start and it was fine again. Mind you I do drive it every day but the day before the third time the battery died I hadn't driven the Mustang so I suppose something was gradually taking away its power that day. I park on asphalt so it's not the cement power drain issue. I got a new alarm that I'm going to get installed soon that as a bonus monitors battery drain and if it gets below a certain voltage the alarm automatically starts the car up to charge it and turns the car off after 5 minutes. It's the Prostar Gold alarm if anyone's interested in getting one for that purpose.
  • bobcathbobcath Member Posts: 13
    Just throwing my two cents in here, but I mistakenly left my radar detector plugged in for awhile on my '05 GT. Noticed it was still "live" a few hours later. The power ports stay on even though the ignition is off.
  • 06mustanky06mustanky Member Posts: 10
    Mine had that problem but in a lot more speed ranges.
    It was terrible at 72mph. It resonated in the body and
    was like a drum inside the car. Mine is an 06 GT Automatic.

It ended up being the rear end housing. The mount holes
    are off enough to cause a pinion angle problem.

It took three weeks to figure it out. They could have
    fixed it if it had an adjustable pinion angle from the
    factory but, it doesn't.

They can only do Factory fixes for these problems.

Here's what they did to solve my vibrating drivetrain problem.

Replaced driveshaft. This changed it but didn't stop it.

Put driveshaft from a new car on lot that was not vibrating. No change.

Replaced ring and pinion gear. It had a small whine that
    was fixed but still had vibration.

Called Ford Tech.

Swapped out transmission. no change.
    put old one back in.

Swapped out rear end with another from the factory.
    This made it 75% better. If it had been this good i
    wouldn't have taken it to the dealer in the first place.

FORD tech wanted to put it on a vibration analysis tool
    to determine what was off it's know baseline vibration.
    But couldn't for three weeks.

FORD tech told the dealer to drive a car on the lot and
    find one with no vibration and put the rear end from it
    in my car. That's what they did and the problem is gone.

The service manager actually called me up after the first
    rear end and told me they factory wanted him to swap it
    again. Could i bring it at my convenience. It to two days
    for the second swap.

This dealer service dept. was excellent. They gave me a
    near new car to drive during this and bent over backwards
    to get this problem solved.

HORNE FORD Florence SC was the dealer.
    Many thanks for the interest in my problem. No, there is no vibration at all @3100RPM. In fact, at about 1800 the vibration goes away completely. Of course, being pretty old, I don't often see 3100RPM on the tach, only a couple of times when I had to see what the car could do.

If the car is in Park or Neutral, there is no vibration at any RPM. Only when in gear (any gear) and the tach reaches 1500, you can feel a vibration on your feet, the pedals, and the seat of your pants. It seems to get worse once the torque converter locks up under light acceleration, but it goes away at about 1750RPM (breaking Ohio speed limits).

After reading your posts about the cross member problem with the GT, I thought that that might be the problem and put the car up on a rack to take a look. Everything looks good; the hangar support doesn't seem to be bad.

I still think that the vibration is somehow tied to the exhaust and will take another look. I'll also give the dealer the tip.
    Thanks for the reply. I'll keep the rear end in mind if the dealer can't find the problem.

I agree with you as to the earnest effort of the dealer service departments. Several held my hand last year when I had major problems with an 05 Mustang that broke on an extended trip (Ohio to San Antonio,TX). They suggested that I return the car to Ford for a replacement and cheerfully supplied the documentation that I needed.
    3100 RPM to see what the car could do..... :surprise: you need to open that baby up sometimes, it's good for the car. Floor it every once in a while and blow out any carbon build up.
    Took my babied GT Premium for an oil change @ 2000 mi. Service advisor shuts me up when I try telling him that I want what the manual specifies, 5W-20. He says, with utter confidence, "O, we'll put in exactly the right oil. "

Come home, look at the invoice, and what do I see? "5W-30." Not the right oil.

Well, I go right back to the dealer. They try to convince me that the right oil was put in. One chief dufus actually points to the oil spout on the engine, which plainly states "5W-20," telling me "That's what it says, that's what we put in." Screw that, screw them -- I'm not going to chance voiding my warrantee and ruining my engine merely on the word of mouth of cretins. I insist they drain the oil again and put in the right oil, there and then, no questions asked. I even offer to pay for another oil change (what's $16 of oil compared to a voided warrantee and ruined engine?)

Hey, no one even apologized for the inconvenience (an oil change ate up 4 hours of my life).

Nagging afterthought: Did they actually put in the right oil? Should I go to Jiffy Lube and get another oil change?

Why can't Ford learn proper customer service from Honda?
    No problem. As I said, the problem may be a little harder to pinpoint being that its a automatic. With a manual, I was able to get the RPMs to sit at whatever I needed. Mine would vibrate at a very low RPM, then totally go away, until I reached a certain, higer RPM. It also did it in every dear as well. Sounds pretty similar.

Here is a link to some known problems that Ford has released TSBs on. Though for the GT, some problems have been known in the V6 also.

Ford TSB
    Pony Pirate,

First, I would have the oil changed immediately. The wrong weight "could" damage things like bearings because of the tight tolerances, although it is not likely.

Second, do what I do at oil change time. I have found a "trustable" mechanic, by asking friends and such, then I checked with him to see if it would be acceptable if, at oil change time, I brought my own oil. I use Mobile 1 and I take 6 qts with me, (that I buy at the local parts store), and that is what he uses. If you keep the receipts for the oil change and lubes, that is all that is required to keep the warrantee in effect should something happen.
  • bburressbburress Member Posts: 3
    :lemon: Ok...I have an 06 V6 5 speed. I bought the car in October 05. Since then, it has been in the shop for counting today, 45 days. It has had a myriad of problems. Noises, transmission linkage fell off, but the biggest problem of all has been a vibration at 70-75 mph. It has been in and out of the shop many times for this. Currently, the transmission has been replaced, the drive shaft has been replaced and while it was better for awhile. It has come back within a few thousand miles. One dealer kept the car for 2 1/2 weeks and couldn't fix and had Ford take it to another dealer. Its so depressing to have such a pretty car and have so many problems with it within 5 months of buying it! :lemon: :lemon: :lemon: :lemon: :lemon:
  • ndfanndfan Member Posts: 3
    Just purchased a new 2006 GT (manual trans.) a couple weeks ago. I have already detected some driveline slack, which causes a slight "clunking" noise after I shift and begin to accelerate. I haven't found this topic discussed on this or other boards, and I haven't driven any other manual GT's (bought the one I test drove)... so, I wanted to know if this is normal? Thanks in advance for any help!

PS: I'm loving this car so far!!!
  • macatowamacatowa Member Posts: 69
    I have an 06 GT that feels the same way. You need to really smooth it if you want it to not be there, it is worst at low speeds and idle and slow rolling in first. I'm sure an automatic feels smoother and less abrupt but I love the torque flow through the gear in the 5 speed.
    Yes it is normal. I've had my 05 GT now for 1 year, 43000 miles, still going strong, and I too have that. In fact, my 2003 SVT Cobra does the same thing also.

There is always going to be a little play in the driveline. In fact, when I use to have a manual neon it did it too ha.
    You have to learn how coordinate the gas pedal and clutch, unleashing the engine's power and coupling it to the transmission. Once you get the hang of it, the car rides as smooth as glass. :shades:

PS. I've come to sense the engine, how hard it's working and when to shift, without looking at the tach, by the vibrations coming through the shift knob to my hand.
  • gtgtcobragtgtcobra Member Posts: 268
    This is the reason why I'm glad that I own a 2001 Mustang GT and a 2002 V6 Mustang. I don't have the problems that you guys have with vibrations and transmission problems. I love the Mustang, but I wouldn't trust buying a new 06 Mustang after reading about all the problems that they have. I am goint to wait until the next new body style comes out in 2099/2010 before I buy another Mustang. I love Mustangs a lot. I want to keep my 01 & 02 Mustangs. They are better built than the 05's & 06"s. At least, I think that they are. I have never had any problems with any of my 2 Mustangs that I currently own. And I like the 01 & 02 body style a whole lot better than the 05 & 06 body style.
    I know how you feel. Last April, I bought an 05 V6 5 speed that spent over 70 days under repair in the first four months. The problems included front suspension, fuel tank, clutch, paint, and mainly drive train. The transmission was rebuilt 3 times and finally replaced, the driveshaft was replaced, and the ring and pinion were replaced in the rear end. The car was "lemon lawed" and replaced with the 06 V6 automatic.

Depending on your state, a trigger for the lemon law is more that 30 days out of service for repairs. Maybe you should take a look at this.
  • bburressbburress Member Posts: 3
    Yep, I am looking into the lemon laws of Va. I think it's time that I get ugly.

:mad:
This discussion has been closed.