Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Saturn Aura

1242526272830»

Comments

• paopao Member Posts: 1,867
    three GM vehicles here and love them all...04 Chevy Malibu Maxx LT (158K), 06 Pontiac Solstice (41K) and 09 Cadillac CTS (21K)....if you can afford it...definitely the new SRX.....a nice ride....
  • mistikal_memistikal_me Member Posts: 1
    Too Funny...top speed shootouts with a Camry. :) If you want a sports car then get one....If speed is your primary concern then you probrably have found yourself in the wrong market regarding the Toyota Camry and the Saturn Aura. Both are defined as mid sized family cars.
    Where the heck are you gonna drive 145 mph anyway?
  • shiposhipo Member Posts: 9,148
    Are you aware you responded to a post that is over four years old? :confuse:
  • danny_57danny_57 Member Posts: 4
  • danny_57danny_57 Member Posts: 4
    I bought my Aura XR new in 07 ,I have put 4 battery's in it ,Its been in the shop 8 times in the last 2 months for Front Rack & steering shaft, Transmission seal,electrical problems,Traction control , My car just turned 36,000 miles . My local Saturn dealer has been great about the problems so far now I am out of my 36000 left on my 5yr 100 Warranty . They have the car right now as I write this , I know they wont help me out any more after this . GM will not call these cars back ,They know there are so many defects in the Aura & just want our warrantys to run out so they can make millions off of us .we need to band together & file a law suit against GM ,The Pontiac G6 has the same issues , So So Mad in Tacoma We need someone to step up to the plate from GM
  • heazzzheazzz Member Posts: 2
    We have this car and it was hit in the rear quarter panel repaired and water accumulated in the trunk It was the sunroof drain hose came loose ... Good luck It is a really nice car.
  • geauxcajunsgeauxcajuns Member Posts: 4
    So I have a 2007 Saturn Aura XE. I bought it used and loved it... for about a month. It has the craziest electrical issues, and I have no idea what could be causing all of them. For starters, the driver side heated seat button does not work. Secondly, half the buttons on the radio work maybe 15% of the time. Cruise control button sometimes will not work, or cruise control will turn off in the middle of using it. Check airbag light came on for a while then finally went away. Trunk button on door does not work (must use clicker). Window lock button does not work. My dad has replaced the battery at least once since we have had it. The running lights completely went out, but brake lights still worked (changed fuse, but blew it every time the vehicle started-mechanic was able to find a short and fix issue). But now my brake lights decide to do whatever they want (pretty much do opposite- come on when I accelerate and go off when I brake). Mechanic says the whole anti-lock braking system is out (over $1000 to fix unless they find a used part). There are other things, but those are the most common/annoying issues. My car literally is in the shop every few months for random issues. I am so ready to be done with this car, but waiting to graduate before I buy a new one. Has anybody experienced similar issues and found a resolution?
  • jmirandajmiranda Member Posts: 1
    I have similar problems with my Saturn Aura XR. The lock/unlock doors button was not working on the drivers door, as well as the open trunk button. Here's how I fixed the issue: Apparently, these buttons were not pushing down far enough to make the contact that triggered the doors or trunk to open. So, I removed the door panel (quite a task) so I could take out the buttons that weren't working. Then I took the buttons apart so that I could see where the button is supposed to make contact when you push down on it. Then I just used some crazy glue to glue some tiny little pieces of paper on the plastic part that needed to be longer so that it would provide the extra thickness needed for the button to be able to make contact when you push it. If this doesn't make sense just take apart the buttons and you'll see what I mean. I pretty much figured this out on my own without help or research. Now my buttons on the door work just fine. However, I have problems with some buttons on the steering wheel. I gotta figure out how to take out the steering wheel panel to fix them though.
  • voiceguy_1voiceguy_1 Member Posts: 1
    The brake light issue was the subject of a bulletin issued by GM. The wiring harness connection is not making proper contact. Have your mechanic search for the bulletin. It required opening up the connector and adding dielectric grease, then making sure the plug was securely reconnected. It also caused issues with my cruise control. It is most definitely NOT your anti-lock brakes. The mechanic smells a big payday!