Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Ford Escape Mazda Tribute Owners Meet the Members

Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
edited May 2014 in Mazda
Introduce yourself and get to know other Escape/Tribute owners here!

Comments

• snowmansnowman Member Posts: 540
    Fellas,

I am hoping to know every Escape/Trib owner here. I've got 05 Escape XLT AWD and 05 Trib S AWD.

Very satisfied with both of them. Wife drives the Escape she loves it. In fact when I was driving 00 Taursu, she didn't even let me drive it and told me to buy another one. So here I am...
  • dc_driverdc_driver Member Posts: 712
    Own an 05 Tribute S AWD with side curtain airbags, auto-dimming mirror, and Package 3 (leather, sunroof, heated seats, 6 disc changer, etc).. I love this car! My Tribute is Silver.

Snowman, were you a previous Escape/Tribute owner prior to the 05 models? I test drove everything in the small (although I do not consider the Tribute small) and mid size SUV category (to include Subaru, Honda, Hyundai, Toyota) and I kept coming back to the Tribute..

Anyway, hope some more members post here!
  • mphxazmphxaz Member Posts: 27
    Hi snowman & dc

Picked up our 05 Tribute S FWD in December for my wife. Side curtain airbags, auto dimming mirror, Package 2 (Leather, 6 disc cd, no sun roof) in Arizona white. So far she loves it and I find it a blast to drive also (when I get the chance!).

Been eyeing the Tribute for several years, but didn't care for the auto on the column. With the 05 design change to a floor mounted shifter and the excellent end of year incentives, we felt it was the right time to go for it. Looking forward to many years of zoom-zoom!
    No, this is my first Trib. The reason I bought my Trib is my wife's Escape, LOL.

I did a long research on Escape/Trib before buying.

Read all forums. And I am satisfied with my decision so far.

I looked at Vue, CRV, Equinox and test drove them.

Vue has major reliability issues.

I find CRV over priced. Also latest engine fire issue (I change my own oil), along with pulling problems and I4 engine made me walk away.

Equinox has extremely cheap plastic interiors and made in China engine.

Escape/Trib has what I wanted to have in a compact SUV.
  • escapenutescapenut Member Posts: 117
    Own a 2001 Escape XLT V6 FWD. 63K reasonably trouble-free miles with regular maintenance and oil-changes. Running complete synthetic Mobil 1

oil and tranny-fluid. Power steering flushed once, brake system flushed twice, coolant system flushed twice, tranny flushed three times to date.

Serpentine belt changed at 60K. Water-pump belt not changed yet as it seems to rotate slower with

not much wear on it still. Original OEM front brakes changed at 28K (at dealer $495), then went to aftermarket ceramic-enhanced pads and new rotors at ~55K, cheaper than OEM and don;t dust-up front wheels like OEM pads. From what I've seen of the '04-'05 OEM pads they're not much better with the wheel dust that my '01 was. Have added a K&N air filter, but after hearing about problems with K&N type-oil gumming-up airflow meters, am thinking about switching back to regular-type OEM filter. Have been religious about changing even my synthetic oil every 3K miles.

Changed out the original Conti's at 30K to a store brand at Discount Tire called Pathfinders. I believe that they are made by Cooper. Started out much quieter, but 18 mos. and 33K miles later they are almost as loud on the road. Guess I will suck it up and buy Michelin's or another brand next time. But I'm convinced that any SUV tire is louder than a touring-tire regardless.

No stalls or breakdowns on road yet, but have had the PCM reflash recall. I'm expecting to get a letter from Ford about the just recently announced recall on the hatch-back for Escapes and Tribs.
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    I was beginning to wonder if anyone was going to show up here. :-) Welcome and hope you enjoy the place!
  • dodgedudedodgedude Member Posts: 17
    I bought an '05 Tribute in mid-December (auto, 4 cyl., FWD, no frills). Great SUV! After just over 1 month and 2200 miles, I think this truck is awesome! So far, haven't noticed any squeaks, rattles, NVH, or anything like that. I've already had to drive it several times on snow and very slick ice, and I'm amazed how well it handles.

Other cars went sliding into ditches, but I had no problems (I'm sure brand new tires helped!). It holds a lot of stuff with seats down, too (moved a large buffet and a chest of drawers in one trip, with the hatch down).

I had a Mazda6 before this, which I loved, but the driving position was terrible for me so I traded up to my first SUV. I think I made a good decision, just hope I can get a lot of miles out of it. I researched a lot of SUV's and found that the Trib could be had with a lot of nice standard features (alloy wheels, longer standard warranty, etc.). What was odd to me is that the Trib handles better on the road than the Escape and had more standard features, but cost less. I don't understand the logic there, but I definitely took advantage of it. Love my tribute!
  • nanas2nanas2 Member Posts: 4
    Bought my wife an 05 S 4WD, we have only driven it once so far and love it. Got her the car for upstate NY-I am going on recruiting duty and wanted something warrantied and reliable for her. Now I wanna go get me one.... Look forward to hearing about y'all.
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,250
    actually, my wife is the owner. have a loaded '04 escape limited 4wd black/black. like the stereo, leather is nicer than my explorer, gas mileage is in the epa range. startup traction in snow is a-ok. best part for me is i don't have to give up my explorer on snowy days. my wife only drove her previous highline euro car a few times in the snow, then we just switched vehicles. about to hit 10k miles in 10 months. i think the escape is kind of pricey, only one cosmetic trim problem. tires have been noisy depending on rotation. i also find the gas pedal a bit jumpy compared to my explorer, but get used to it after driving it a bit. i wish it had the keypad entry and autolocking doors.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • cfkerrcfkerr Member Posts: 3
    I have a 2004 Escape with a leaky transmission. It has been to the shop twice. They say it was a problem with a gromet on the dipstick. It was replaced and it still leaks. Anyone else experiencing the same problem?
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    Sorry you're having troubles. Please post over in Problems & Solutions topic. You will get a much quicker response from other owners there.
  • normkolnormkol Member Posts: 135
    I own a 2002 Tribute ES, V-6 4WD. I'm very happy with it. Had to have the steering rack changed, the sticky gas pedal will have to be dealt with for the second time, but otherwise the car has been reliable.

I have 40k miles, the tires have probably another 10k left, and I'm still on the original brakes.

Now my wife wants an 05, so we are checking it out.
  • huskerdoo1huskerdoo1 Member Posts: 13
    Hi,

I have been reading the forums and posting in some. I am now within 2 weeks of purchaseing my new mid SUV. I have decided on the Escape or Tribute. Both have incentives that are attractive right now. In your opinion which vehicle would you get if you had the choice and why? I have yet to drive a Tribute, but will. I have been in both though. Looking to get only FWD Leather and upgraded stereo system. Looking forward to being a member. Help a brother out in deciding. Both dealers have pointed out differences with the Ford dealer stateing resale as their main advantage.

Thanks
    Congratulations, I am one of the forum members that I have both 05 Trib and Escape. Both AWD and V6 models and with side airbags.

Here is what I see:

If you live in north east, I highly recommend getting AWD. I pulled out my trib 2 feet of snow covered driveway with no sweat.Regardless which one you pick, get V6.

Even though they are almost same vehicles, there are some minor differences.

Escape has little soft brake pedal, trib has very firm one. Escape gas pedal is very sensitive, Trib requires some push. But both of them are very powerful vehicles.

Escape CD player doesn't play home made CDs, Trib's does.

Transmission: Shifting characteristics and maintenance are the same. Engine and everything else is the same. And, as you know Mazda comes with longer warranty.

I like Escape more because it has rugged look.
  • ottawanottawan Member Posts: 31
    >Escape CD player doesn't play home made CDs

That's not true, for 6 disk changer at least.
  • techno geektechno geek Member Posts: 3
    I found the ride to be a little 'cushier' in the Ford. The Trib on the other hand, was a little tighter on the bumps, but felt more nimble in turns. Mazda supposedly put an extra 6 months tweaking their steering/suspension to feel more like a Miata. Evidently they got it right, since the Trib outslalomed the Accord in Edmunds' road test by 3.1 mph (in 2001).

Of course, this all pertains to the 01-04 models, because I haven't kept up with what changes they made in 05.

I chose the Trib for its sportier handling and better warranty. I ended up not getting the factory premium sound. The standard CD player is not bad, but I couldn't bring myself to spend $500.00 for an in-dash changer when I could pick up an aftermarket unit that is light years ahead of it and costs about the same. I'll post a "hello, my name is ____" message shortly, where you can see what kind of stereo stuff I found for the Trib.

I never thought I'd use 4WD in sunny Florida - until hurricane Ivan hit us (Pensacola-Panama City) and flooded our roads. 4WD is one of those features you never miss.... until you need it in the worst possible way. BTW - All you 4WD folks should check your rear diff if you enter high water; water can get into the diff through the vent quite easily, causing all kinds of nasty stuff!

Well, both the Ford and Mazda are fine vehicles, but one thing you should keep in mind is that Mazda offers a 4yr/50,000mi, as opposed to Ford's 3yr/36,000mi drivetrain warranty.

Resale is nice, if you are intending to sell within a few years. I usually keep my vehicles 7-8 years and put a ton of miles on them (100k+). No car will have a decent resale after that.

Good luck in your choice, and remember - I'll be jealous of your 4-wheel disc brakes! =)
  • techno geektechno geek Member Posts: 3
    Hello from Florida!

I bought my '04 Tribute last July. I guess it was the LX version, as 04 did away with the DX/LX/EX badges. It's the 3.0L 4WD version, White with Mineral Brown cladding, tan cloth interior, tow package, step plate. No sunroof, no side airbags (unfortunately), no premium sound. For a stocker, though, the CD player is not all that bad.

I've had a couple of things go haywire on me, so far. The first thing that happened was a leak in the thermostat housing. The dealer found it to be a bad O-ring, but replaced the entire housing anyway, which I thought was nice. I just recently took the car in for an oil change, and they supposedly found leaking rear shocks, which were replaced. They cracked one of my interior panels in the process, but replaced that, too. And, of course, there's the accelerator cable recall. After being fitted with a new cable that moves easier, the gas is a little touchy, but my cruise control no longer surges. Go figure. Other than that, it's been very reliable. I've got 9,000 miles on it, and it's still going strong. Surprising, since it's been through 4 tropical storms and a cat-5 hurricane.

As far as add-ons:

Front + Rear mud flaps

Kenwood DDX-7015 touchscreen/DVD player

Kenwood KNA-DV4100 GPS navigation unit

MB Quart RCE-268 6x8 component speakers (2 sets)

I decided not to shell out the money for the premium sound. I used that cash to pick up the stereo stuff off ebay for about the same price. If you're looking for a fantastic stereo replacement, look at the Kenwood - it handles mp3 and wma formats, and accepts DVD R/RW data discs. That lets me keep around 180 albums on one disc, eliminating the need for a changer.

Well, hello again to all my sibling Trib owners. It's nice to meet you!
    This is my experience, none of my copy CDs are playing in my Escape but they play in my Trib. And my escape has 6 disk changer.
  • scape2scape2 Member Posts: 4,123
    I own an 01 V6 XLT 4WD Escape in black. Now have almost 50,000 trouble free miles. Use this vehicle to tow my two watercraft, visit ski areas in the Cascade range (MT Hood, MT ST Helens, MT Adams, ect..), and fishing spots too! The wife and I took this vehicle everywhere. Sooo... I sold the Accord and bought here an 04 Tribute ES V6 4WD and she won't let this one go! She claims to love to drive this vehicle. I feel Ford/Mazda hit a good homerun with these small utes..
  • dskoczylasdskoczylas Member Posts: 22
    Hi everyone, I bought a used 02 Tribute ES and got the certified used car warranty from Mazda for another 3 years. It has around 50k on it and so far it runs solid. I did notice it is a little noisy on the highway compared to the Caravan I replaced it with. It was fully loaded and it great shape so I am very pleased with the purchase so far.
  • pdc2pdc2 Member Posts: 15
    I have a 02 XLT AWD escape, with just under 40,000km (? about 25000 miles)almost entirely city driving in Calgary, Alberta. There had been one engine stall and a sticky gas pedal in the first year, the 6-CD stereo wouldn't eject CDs, had no other trouble I can remember.

Just bought 3 more years warranty. dealer is calling me to do cooling system flush and for a brake calipers check, but assured me that normally brake rotors can be turned once and that I don't need to flush the transmission for another 10000km.

The 6-CD stereo in my excape would take home-made CDS, but the Hyundai tucson and the Kia Sportage would take MP3 as well (the USA models have more features and priced lower than in Canada, you don't know how lucky you are).

This reminds me to chase Ford to return the 6 CDs stuck in the old stereo, they were all 1950 oldies and very precious.
  • ottawanottawan Member Posts: 31
    I have 6 disk changer as well, stock 2005 job #2
    It plays all home-made CDs.
    Try some friend's CDs or different brand.
  • dc_driverdc_driver Member Posts: 712
    I had a problem in my Bose stereo in my Altima. It would not play Memorex CD's but played TDK's with no problem. Have had no issue playing TDK's in my Tribute.
  • horsecreekhorsecreek Member Posts: 1
    I have a tribute with 66k on it. 4cyl, manual.
    Im getting these squeaks while acclerating but doesnt seem to be a normall belt issue. I can put under a load, downshift and hammer it with no noise at all. But when Im crusing at any speed and touch gas, i get the squeak. Like little mice under the hood. The belt looks fine but I have another to put on anyway.
    Couldnt get tensioner to budge- not like other trucks I have worked on. any help on the above would be greatly appreciated!!!

thank you,
    david
    You might want to visit problems forum... but this could be pulley itself...
    This could be the case, as soon as I finish this batch I'll try different brand...Thanks
  • richcub2002richcub2002 Member Posts: 2
    Hello to everyone. I finally decided to join in on the forum. I bought my 02 LX a few months ago. I have taken it in for all of the most recent recalls and have had the transmission flushed, including an additive added to help eliminate some O.D. slipping. Other than that, it's been a very good vehicle. It has gotten me through the most recent snow storms here in Central PA, which is the main reason I chose it in the first place.

I welcome any suggestions on where I can find a louvered cover for my fog lites (had to replace one recently).
  • canadianshazamcanadianshazam Member Posts: 2
    Hi there,

I'm in the process of shopping around for a new vehicle...finally had enough of my 2000 Jeep TJ.

So far, I test drove the 2005 Mazda Tribute GX-V6, at roughly $29000CAD, and the 2005 Ford Escape XLS at $30200CAD.

I really liked the take-off and road handling on the Mazda, and the Ford had a good road handling. Both seem to have the same Fuel economy. As for cosmetics, I preferred the layout of the console in the Mazda.

So far, from what I've read, Mazda has a better warranty, and it somewhat a little less expensive, which I still have to negotiate price with the dealer. as for servicing, I have no idea what to expect from the local Mazda dealer, and the local Ford dealer has a new owner for the past 3 years or so, and from what people say, they aren't impressed with the service...this came from the ex-service manager from the Ford dealership...so that's a selling point for me.

My father, good heart, but insists I check out another Ford dealership, and has been a Ford man since I can remember. He called a dealer in a small village about 1 hour away (in the middle of nowhere), and was told that I can get an XLT for $32000, and my father says that I'd be able to get an XLS for $25000....that's fine and dandy, but if they are the same, I think I'd prefer the Madza V6 with the above mentioned pros towards Mazda, and the fact that if I have problems with the Ford, and I'd bring it to the local dealer, what kind of service can I expect if i don't buy it from them.

So all this to say that I'm a little torn, and am wondering if I'm missing some things to look for as a comparison...1 thing I forgot to ask each dealership was on "loaners" if I need servicing, seeing that it's imperative that I need a vehicle for work.

So far, the Mazda seems like the logical choice, but still have to see what each dealer will give me on my trade-in.

If anyone has any ideas what else I can look for, please let me know. thanks
  • rachabotrachabot Member Posts: 1
    Glad this forum is here. My wife and I both have Escapes. Hers is an 04 XLT FWD V6, with Leather, full A-Clad gloss paint (Satin Silver / Dark Silver) and premium wheels. She also has the MACH stereo (AWESOME!)<- That was my input. So far this one has had 15,000 trouble free miles and in April will be a year old. Mine is an 02 XLT 4WD V6. Mine is not leather :(, no MACH stereo :(:(. White on tan. Mine is driven heavily. I have had mine for 10 months and put 23,000 miles on it. I change the oil every five weeks. It has a new set of tires and had the brakes / rotors replaced. Beware of this and have your rotors checked. They wear quickly (on Escapes, don't know about Tribs). I have performed all of the recommeded maintenance and so far this has been a great machine. I hope it lasts. It has 62,000 on it now. For buyers, good gas mileage, great performance (V6) and fun to drive. As far as the CD issue, ours play any home made CD. 6-CD in-dash systems. Thanks.
  • dstecklerdsteckler Member Posts: 2
    >

I agree with this observation. I drove Miata's for 13 years (a 1992 and a 2001) and just a few weeks ago traded in the 01 for an 05 V6 Tribute. While not the same ride (particularly since I installed upgraded anti-sway bars in the 01), it's close and at times I'll push the Tribute harder than I intended to, since I'm so used to driving the Miata. The Trib sticks to the road and goes where I aim it, which is the best way to drive!
  • papaw8papaw8 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2004 Escape limited 4x4 6 cylinder with all the bells and whistles, leather, sunroof, upgraded 7 speaker 6 CD stereo changer and towing package. I love this vehicle. I use it in my business and I have 76,000 miles on her now with no problems. I am getting 28 miles to the gallon overall (highway and in town) with the mileage mostly highway. I added a K&N airfilter and a tornado in the intake between the airfilter and the engine. This changed my mileage from 23 MPG to the current 28 MPG. I would highly recommend the Escape for all drivers. It is more stable on the road than the Explorer I owned and will go in any weather conditions.

Papaw8
  • cruise1cruise1 Member Posts: 8
    I think it is great to know that there is something one can do to increase the MPG for the Tribute. I read your comments about a K&N air filter & a Tornado. Where did you get the air filter and what is does the tornado do and exactly where in the intake system did you put it? I hope you can help.

Thanks
  • bc60bc60 Member Posts: 17
    Does installing this tornado or K&N filter void your warranty? Sometimes, owner modifications can void the warranty. And I know that the service people are always quick to blame the owners modifications for any problem instead of admitting that the problem is actually with the vehicle.
  • rjjaxxrjjaxx Member Posts: 1
    Hello
    New to the forum. I just bought a 06 Escape was wondering how much you are towing in weight? I was looking to get a little trailer and tow my Harley Davidson. the bike weighs about 800lbs but I don't the average weight of trailers?
  • kiwicakiwica Member Posts: 1
    Hi.. I have a 2005 tribute, 7k on the clock, V6 automatic. It has an intermittant high pitch squeak that appears to be coming from the right rear wheel. There is no pattern to the squeak, it can happen reagardless of the vehicle being hot or cold, high speed or low speed. Depressing the brake pedal makes the noise stop and it may or maynot come back when the pedal is realeased. It been to the dealer 5 times since it was bought in july, on the last visit there was a tech note from mazda about similar complaints and part of the brake assy was replaced. we thought that had fixed it until two days ago when it happened again. Has any other owner experienced this frustrating issue?
  • realsalesrealsales Member Posts: 6
    i purchased my 2006 mazda tribute s v-6 ( loaded ) two weeks ago! i was the proud owner of a 2001ford escape v-6.
    i put 130,000 miles on it with no problems!! never did a thing to it except change the oil and rotate tires/ new brakes, thus the tranny went after 130,000 miles, no complaints if i maintained it better it , i would still have it!. i went out and got a my tribute ( always liked the look and warranty advantage better than the escape ) trouble is i feel like i still have the same exact vehicle?? although the tribute has the bell and whistles ( sun-roof , leather, 6cd-changer ) i am disapointed that ride/accelleration/gas mileage is exactly the same?? i did get a great deal on the vehicle, listed for $27,745. dealer price $25,961, i bought it for $23,700!! i am beginning to second guess my self by not going after my other choice ( nissian xterra). in fact i am thinking of going back to the dealer mazda/nissian to maybe trade it in for the xterra.. do not get me wrong the tribute is awesome , its just that its seems to old hat!! i would appreciate comments/replies on the pro's and con's of my thoughts!!
  • realsalesrealsales Member Posts: 6
    I WOULD APPRECIATE REPLYS AND COMMENTS ON MY FORUM QUESTION #38 OF 38!! ANY REPLY FROM ANYONE WOULD BE GREAT!! REALSALES!!
  • odie6lodie6l Member Posts: 1,173
    Hello,
    Like Scape I too am a long term owner and poster of a 2001 Escape XLT 4WD. I currently haev (as of 2/7/06) 76545 miles and the only trouble I have had mechanicaly was the front sway bar and outer tie rods breaking, and paint on hood started chipping (but Ford did repaint entire vehicle under warrenty). To answer the towing question, you can tow up to 3500lbs as long as you have the Factory installed towing package, but if you only went out and got a u-haul installed aftermarket hitch, you can only tow 1500lbs (all the engine will limit for stress).
    I did alot of added upgrades to the interior features and some engine upgrades (Tornado).
    Sorry to say the Escape may be getting put out to pasture with 2nd child due in July '06.

Odie
    2006 Philly Auto Show Pictures
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Your Auto Show link seems to have gone over its limit. Try putting an album up at CarSpace.com (click on the banner up top).

Steve, Host
    I now have over 65,000 miles on my 01 v6 XLT 4x4 Escape. Front tie rod ends must be watched on these vehicles. Cost of repair is minimal, mine was under $150. I have kept my Escape in prime condition. Oil ever 3k, transmissin flush every 25K, Radiator flush every other year, air filter is a K&N, tires rotated. New front ceramic brakes at about 50,000, changed my own fuel filter 2x. New tires at about 50,000. Plastics holding up fine, seats have no rips or worn spots. I have had my interior cleaned by a detailer 2x since I have owned the vehicle. I have to say the vehicle looks like new! I would buy another Escape in a heartbeat :)
  • krob2krob2 Member Posts: 1
    I would like to know if you found any solution to this symptom. I love my new Tribute and it started doing what yours was doing this evening...I have had it one week today! YIKES.
    Anyway, it sound more like a whirring, then a chirping. It comes and goes. Have you any resolve to this issue?
  • odie6lodie6l Member Posts: 1,173
    Almost sounds like a leaky Gas Shock. Gas Shocks also depend on the outside temp, if it's like 20 degrees, the shocks will be stiff till they get warmed up (from friction) if you in normal 50+ degree weather then there should be no squeak / hiss from the gas shocks.

If your service department can't fit you in, try a Goodyear service center, most of the time they have better diagnostic equipment than the dealerships.

But then again, it could only be the ABS system engaging.

Odie
    could also be as simple as a emergency brake adjustment....
  • kiddynomitekiddynomite Member Posts: 4
    Dont waste your time with mazda like i did, contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration www.nhtsa.dot.gov and file a complaint on your mazda defects. I have a 2002 mazda tribute, and this is the second time i am having to replace the rotors, the first rotors and brake pads were replaced at 17,000 miles, now 10,000 miles later with 27,000 miles here we go again, warped rotors. mazda like most manufactures will deny, and not take any responsibilities to fix your vehicle, unless you file a complaint to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration compiles the complaints, and are the ones to force the manufacture to issues recalls and remedy known problems the dealer keeps denying they are aware of. Besides the rotors this has been the most unreliable vehicle, i wasted my money on. This is the last mazda i will ever purchase. Buyer beware, check the website i posted and you can view all the complaints, issues and recalls affected with your vehicle.
  • frank1229frank1229 Member Posts: 1
    Hello,

To replace the spark plug and ignition coil for #1 cylinder of the v6 enging of 2002 Tribute, do I need just remove the engine cover or I have to remove the intake manifold to reach them?

Thanks,
  • carritocarrito Member Posts: 38
    Can I create a new discussion? If not, could you please create one called "CX5: Tribute 2008"? thanks.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Sure you can create a new discussion. We have a Future Vehicles board and that would be the place to put it. Instructions are available in the Help link at the bottom (basically go to Future Vehicles and the "Add Discussion" link will be located at the right above the first listed discussion).
  • ladyblueladyblue Member Posts: 326
    I know it's been a long time since anyone has posted here, but I just placed an order for a 2008 Escape XLT (V6) with just about every bell and whistle they have. I'm hoping that most of the problems I've read about here have been resolved in this new model year.

This will be my first SUV, a class of vehicle I never thought I'd own, so I'm hoping it will live up to my expectations. It was my only option for upstate NY winters and Adirondack road conditions, and still hope to save a little on gas.

I really wanted the engine block heater, but it wasn't available on the XLT. Has anyone had any problems with very cold weather, especially if the vehicle sits for a few days? Also, what kind of mileage is everyone seeing on the highway?
  • ladyblueladyblue Member Posts: 326
    Never mind. I found the answers.

Note to self: Read before posting, dummy!
  • jzoomjzoom Member Posts: 2
    Just bought a 2005 Tribute 4WD GT last week. Fairly new with only 39K on it. Can't wait to test it here in our Vancouver terrain. Summer or winter, I think I will enjoy it, i hope.

This squeaking sound that you mentioned, I heard it for the first time last night. Then it went away. Any new info about this??

Thanks
This discussion has been closed.