Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2006 Toyota RAV4

Comments

• Considering the 2006 RAV4 has only been out for 3 months, I doubt if there will be much effect on resale value between 2006 and 2007. If you want to wait for a 2007 over a 2006 in order to avoid "first year problems", look at what the repair rates were in Consumer Reports for the first year RAV4 (1997)as of 2006. They are near perfect. I doubt if the 2007 will have much difference than the 2006 except for minor styling difference. I've ordered a 2006 and plan on keeping it for at least 10 years, so I'm not concerned with re-sale value differences between 2006 and 2007 models. The 2006 looks good enough for me. I'm getting tired of waiting for it. It's been 7 weeks so far. It should be here in about 2 weeks, a Flint Mica, Sport V6 4WD with a sunroof and auto dimming mirror.
    I noticed the 2007 Camrys are now on the dealer lot. Whatever happened to waiting till September to release the next year?
  • johan1johan1 Posts: 21
    After months of following this forum, I finally bought my rav4 V6 sport tonight. It's a 4X2, Flint Mica color which we think is indeed nice. It has JBL 9 speakers, Cargo net with poles, side airbags (Curtain airbags), Daytime running light, Slide moonroof, and floor mat. The out-of-door price is $27660. What do you guys think, is it a good price :)

The deal is in Southern CA. The sales person is very nice. One thing I am still not clear is that is the spare tire cover removeable simply by pulling it?
  • jimd4jimd4 Posts: 877
    Relax, buy it, enjoy it! I am waiting till Nov because that is when my present lease ends and I do not need a new car now. If I did I would have bought a RAV4 by now.
  • 2sachse2sachse Posts: 5
    We're looking to buy a 2006 V6 2WD either base or limited with third row seat, tow package, and air bags. The Toyota dealer here in Dallas said no dealer in the GUlf States Area is ever going to get a RAV4 equipped with those three things (3rd seat, tow, and side air bags). Has anyone seen a car like this on the lot?

I don't have 3 months to wait if I order it. Any chance it'd eb here quicker than that?
  • 2sachse2sachse Posts: 5
    EXACTLY the problem we've been having in DFW. Sport City Toyota on LBJ told that tow package with third row seat wasn't available to GUlf States Toyota (TX, OK, LA, MS, AR) I believe those are the five states...

I'm looking to purchase out of the area or order but I need the vehicle before the end of June.
  • neox223neox223 Posts: 8
    Congrats Johan1! I think that's a pretty good deal you got yourself. :) I bought mine last saturday at the Garden Grove dealer. Which dealership did you get yours at?
  • beth10beth10 Posts: 15
    For the Midwest Region, the only way the 3rd row limiteds come is w/ the tow package, air bags, and moonroof. They may not be sitting on the lots, but a dealer found me one that has just been built but not shipped and it's supposed to arrive any day, which would be about 20 days from when I "ordered" it. You may have to be flexible on color.
    If you go to the Toyota web site, enter your zip code and do a "build and buy" on the model you want, you will see what options you can get in your region. If they are not listed your probably never going to get one unless the dealer finds it in another region and is willing to bring it in for you. Or you can buy it from another region if you find one yourself and drive it home.
  • beth10beth10 Posts: 15
    Try zip code "66209"
  • gd113gd113 Posts: 114
    Dealer called today. The limited is in. Black, moonroof, side airbags. Picking up tomorrow. :P
  • fhspsu67fhspsu67 Posts: 24
    Enjoy! I only got to test-drive the 'Sport'. It was amazing - I can hardly anticipate a nicer ride in the LTD. Can't wait for mine! :D
    Well at least where you are you can get the Sport with side curtain airbags on the Sport. Not in NY!
  • thecatthecat Posts: 528
    I have been waiting for a loaded Ltd., V6 w/ leather since Feb 7th. Just got a call this evening ... IT'S IN !
  • disappointed with my milage. I live in Hellinois where its very windy. I easily do 80% highway, 20% city. When on the freeway, I do 70 mph on avg.

I have been average 24 mpg. Tell me again why I bought the I4 and not the V6? Seriously, one is foolish to get the I4 unless they ONLY do city driving.
    Just what do you expect to get at 70 MPH? WOW
  • mike1111mike1111 Posts: 93
    yeah 70 is'nt a good speed to judge mpg.
  • kdhspyderkdhspyder Posts: 7,160
    Typically at 70+ mph you'll lose about 30% of your fuel efficiency in any vehicle.
    Just received a call from my salesman that they were able to arrange a trade for the Blizzard White Sport RAV4 that I test-drove this past Thursday for one exactly like I ordered. It is now sitting in Port (NJ), will be delivered to "me" within 3 weeks (likely much sooner). :surprise:
    What are you getting on it and what did you have to pay? Where are you located?

Good luck with it
    By the way, the Sport does not come in Blizzard White
  • mike1111mike1111 Posts: 93
    yeah i don't think the sport comes in blizzard pearl. I'm tryen to get the limited in blizzard pearl and have to go to Indiana to even find a limited V6. In ohio they have'nt came in yet.
    Seee my original post #2974 for price info.
    As for the "Blizzard", I just know it was white -the RAV4 Sport that I test-drove, not the one that I'm getting. I'm in Windber, PA.
    (further info) The Sport white is called "Super White".
  • johan1johan1 Posts: 21
    Thanks Neox223! I got mine at Rancho Santa Margarita.
    Still not clear about the spare tire cover. Openned the rear door, didn't see any latch from beneath. :confuse:
    Check www.fitzmall.com each week. They get Limited v6
    Well when I looked at the limited, the latch for the tire cover is outside under the bottom of the cover just above the bumper. ">
  • mayestrmayestr Posts: 1
    I am 6'4". I just returned from the dealer. This car has plenty of headroom and legroom for me. However, there is not sufficient space for my right knee.
    This is a terrific car, it is really too bad that the Japanese cars are leaving out us taller guys with such an easy to remedy problem such as this. Simply making the console narrower would enable tall guys to buy this vehicle. Oh well, I guess the Japanese arent interested in anyone that isnt short.
  • From one Purdue Alum to another (go Boilermakers!), I'm not sure you did all that bad really. I got my 4x4 V6 Limited just the way I wanted (and drove it all the way from MD) because, well, I'm crazy that way. ;) But I see mountains in my future and so the V6 will be an important part of that. Otherwise, it's just burning more gas than necessary in Flatland USA here (so is the de facto 70mph speed limit but that's another story...) Others are right, the speed itself is your limiting factor, not the engine. If you had a V6 your mileage would be a bit worse, not better. And I've found that the V6 lends itself to a rather heavy foot at the starting line - er, stop light - so it probably ends up eating even more gas because of that as well. :D

All things considered, I think you're better off with the I4 for general use and commuting.

- Marty
  • I'm 6'5" with a little extra padding as well (*sigh*) and nonetheless I am finding my Rav4 to be a great fit overall. The door molding was initially annoying against my *left* knee but now it's no bother at all. I wonder what other parameters come into play here? Did you have the seat all the way down (the manual ones are odd - to me - in how they operate) and slid back? Was the steering column fully extended and tilted up? Not to assume otherwise but it took me a little while (and several test sittings) to figure all that out myself (I also figured out that a moonroof left almost zero clearance between my noggin and the solid steel moonroof mechanism, but that's another story). Power seats seems equally sized to manual seats after all that, so that doesn't seem to be a factor in fitting in.

Interestingly, the one other thing (other than the left knee thing) I expected to annoy me was the cruise control stick. But in practice it never gets in the way.

- Marty
  • thecatthecat Posts: 528
    Finally, after 9 weeks I got a call from Fitzgerald that my car/truck was in - Silver V6 Limited w/leather. Had a little bit of a haggle over my trade in but we met in the middle. So, after 7 years of Subaru's I'm now a RAV owner. Hope the guys over at the Subie forum don't disown me .. they're a great bunch of people, but the RAV is wonderful. Without a doubt the smoothest vehicle I've ever owned.
    I have to confess that giving up the WRX wasn't easy but my geezer body needed something more comfortable.
    - hutch
    Well good luck with it. I have only seen two Limiteds with leather in NY. Keep us posted on gas milage and how you like it