Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

BMW 7-Series 2007+

jmed3jmed3 Member Posts: 17
edited August 2014 in BMW
Seems like an improvement in the body and who couldn't use more horsepower, better idrive, and bluetooth technology.. I'll be waiting for this model and will place my order once definite pricing is in. Although resources say price will be negligibly higher.

Comments

• woodwrkr2woodwrkr2 Member Posts: 8
    I was just curious as to where you might have heard or read that the pricing will only be negligibly higher. I've got a deposit down on one myself pending approval of the new pricing.
  • jmed3jmed3 Member Posts: 17
    read about pricing being negligibly higher at some internet site and also was told this by several BMW dealers in my area
  • draqdraq Member Posts: 18
    I too heard that the price will be slightly higher, in fact one of the dealers told me it's $1500 extra. hope this is useful
    Yeah, that is useful. Any insight is helpful. I just received notification from Edmunds that they should have the pricing on the 2006 up within about a week. A $1500 increase is reasonable, especially considering the base price of the car.
    Lease prices will be out April 1st and delivery of these new 7's will start early May
    Just in, the official 750 prices will be out by next week. There will be a 'slight' increase in the price but for the first six months deals will offer no discounts. In fact they expect sales of 750 to spike and limited number of the cars will be available. My question, is it a good time to buy an 05' now or not? since dealers will try to get rid of their 05s.
    Hope your wrong about no discounting and limited number. Wonder how long it'll take to get one.
    well, I hope I am wrong too. I got this info. from two different dealers.
    But there is a solution for this. Go by a dealer once the prices are out and reserve a car that you would like and tell them how much you want to pay for it. If they agree, sales won't effect you. You see dealers like this, to them this is money in the bank and to you this is money in your pocket...or you can get an 05 for cheap, just make sure you time it right..
    the new 2006 7 prices are out. edmunds.com have them already. now what??
    Careful guys, although the prices may not have increased much the diffence in the money factor, or interest rate, used by BMW is substantially different between the '05 and '06 models. Between this and the discounts off of list, the lease prices can easily vary by $200+ between the '05 and '06. If you're buying outright, the damage isn't quite as bad, though still clearly a couple grand most likely.
    Whatz up guys,
    Just put in my order for a lease on the new 7. Just so everyone knows, no deals are available. Suprise, suprise! But I'm happy I'll be one of the first driving around this newly improved baby (should be in by early June). Seen it at car shows and new design is definitely an improvement. Back end is nicer and those dreadful owl eyes have been thankfully made sleek and sporty. Wouldn't have been happy with the old model. Just too awkward looking for my taste. The new 7 is a car, I'll no doubt enjoy and proudly drive. (Oh by the way you can get good deals on the old 7 (2005) now because lots of these cars are on dealer lots and the demand just isn't there.) I, personally, wouldn't pay them a dime for the old one!
    Put my order in last Saturday, 4/2. I did manage to get a discount though not a substantial one. Just hope you don't live anywhere near me as I want to be the 1st driving a new 750Li....lol They are gorgeous cars and just saw the first commercial for the 2006 BMW 750Li on TV on Wednesday during West Wing. Won't be long now....
    HI guys,
    Now is the best time to buy an 05 7series especially by the end of this month. the new ones are coming on May and every dealer in the country wants to get rid of their 05 model. So this what you do, Go to a dealer and pick the car you want and let them run your credit once they see that you qualify tell them you want a good discount like $10K off. They will tell you NO WAY, then tell them you need sometime to think about it and LEAVE.. (must leave) play the waiting game until they call you and believe me they will and when they do you will get the best price for the 7 you want. I just got a call from my dealer telling me about a $10k off.

Hope this is helpful
    SUMMARY
    '05 s OUT
    '06 s IN
    I don't know about 10k off of an '05 either, though about 3 weeks ago I did personally experience offers of discounts in the $4-5k range. I would suspect that those discounts will be steadily increasing now that the '06 deliveries will begin in just about a month. Keep in mind that the selection was already somewhat limited and that was on the 'cookie-cutter' color Titanium Silver. Best I could find was a car equipped with only 3 of the 6 options I desired.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    Not allowed, folks. We don't call other members liars, and we don't respond with personal attacks. Posts removed.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• oladolad Member Posts: 2
    I applaud all of you 750 buyers! That car will absolutely and emphatically be the best car out for years to come. I'm just now attempting to enter the world of 700-series owers, so I have to start at the beginning. Does anyone have any guesses as to how the buyer market will look for 2002 745s over the next few months due to the entry of the 750? I'm looking to possibly find one in the mid to high $30K range (w/o more than 50K miles) by September. Any thoughts? Suggestions? I've only been paying attention to the cars.com and autotrader.com websites, but didn't know if there were perhaps other places on which I could keep an eye. Thanks!
    HI,
    you can try ebay, you also can try carmax. If you have time, go by a dealer and ask them to local one for you using their track system.

all the best
  • oladolad Member Posts: 2
    Thanks. I'll try all three of those.
    you are most welcome sir. Could you tell us how did it go and if you found something you like? Also you can post what you are looking for and have some of the members in this forum help you locate one.
  • newbuyer4newbuyer4 Member Posts: 1
    Question for comments. I am about to buy a 750LI tomorrow and I am trying to decide what rims to buy. I am looking at the 22inch 5 spoke chrome- but I wonder it that's a little over the top- does anyone have any pics on theold 740s with that size rims?
    My car is being produced as per the BMW website. It's exciting and cool that the order can be tracked. Guess I'll be one of the first driving this new 7. I bet this car is gonna be a lot of fun and turn a lot of heads. 360hp, ultra-luxury, lots of gadgets, nice color combo, comfort access... Oh yeah baby....it's definitely on!
    Has anyone seen the advertisement on the new 750Li.. It's cool.. The message might mean the new 750LI is like a diamond in the ruff...
  • bobokcbobokc Member Posts: 1
    Hello.

We just picked up our new 750Li a few days ago. Pretty much figured everything out, except this: there is a message on the display screen that says "Phone Conncected?". We do not have any cell phone installed. Any way to turn this message off? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Seems to be wonderful car so far!

Thanks,

Bob
  • mis5mis5 Member Posts: 1
    On Tuesday I ordered the following

2006 750Li
    Convenience package
    Luxury seating package
    Rear Entertainmet package
    Premium Sound Package
    19" star spoke whheel and tires

Total MSRP $82,945
    I paid : $79,645
    I got a nice $3,300 off

I had the deal agreed to by 3 dealers. Just wanted ti kow if that is a good deal or not. definately not like buyin a Dodge or something like that, they seem very tight to budge on these high end cars.

If you are in Southern California, And are looking for the same or similar I can directt you to where I went , if $3,300 off is good.

I was told it will take 1.5 month to 3 months for the car to arrive from order to deliver.

Does any one out there know if that is the norm.

Thanks
    Let me know
    Congrads,
    That is a sweet deal, I would like to get one myself with this price. How did you get this deal. The dealer I saw told me that currently there is no way they can give any discounts. I live in S.cal, please let me know.
    I know that it takes 6-8 weeks for a car to get here from europe. Do you mind telling us what is the color on you new 7er.

Thanks
    Hello all,
    There's definitely excitement about this car and dealers aren't bending over backwards to get you in one. But who cares about a discount.. I just got mine (Black Sapphire 750Li) and its really cool. The car is a really nice ride and its got real road presence. I just can't drive it enough. For all the potential buyers.. expect to wait 2-3 months to get one (as I did) since there aren't many extra ones laying around dealer lots. In fact my substantially large dealer didn't even have one on display in their showroom. They said all the 750's that are coming in are already sold and the only way to get one currently is to order it as desired and wait.. But let me tell you its worth the wait and even the extra dough.. Shop around a little and then get to ordering. The waiting can be the hardest part of getting into one of these babies.

In response to other posts my car also says "Phone Connected?".. Dealer couldn't hook up my verizon bluetooth phone (motorola v710) and says verizon probably needs to update the phone software. I'll stop by verizon ASAP and let you guys know if they provided the fix.
    Follow up..

Got my motorola v710 phone a software update through verizon wireless and now the bluetooth in the car works fine. It seems like a pretty cool option in this car. Also seems like this is a common problem with this verizon bluetooth phone since the verizon tech staff was well aware of the issue. They kept the phone for an hour for the need software upgrade, so be prepared to wait...
  • lee714lee714 Member Posts: 3
    I have pretty good experience with Costco autobuy program. I was able to get mine on May 5th and dealer offered $3000 off MSRP of $85K. The sweet thing was I did not have to wait (selection was limited through). I am in Southern California.

Haven't figure out how to have my nextel phone work with the built-in bluetooth one.
  • bmw750li_ownerbmw750li_owner Member Posts: 4
    The new 750Li makes my 2001 750iL feel like a piece of junk. it rides very quietly, nothing raddles, it is quicker, though the power comes at different stages of the acceleration.one tip for you gus buying the car, BMW financial allowsyou to purchse as many miles as you want on a leaseat 16/mile up to 9 months before lease end. so I got a 10,000 mile/year lease and will buy more miles if necessary. the leasesuggests 25c per mile at lease end.... also I joined the BMW club to get a $1500 discount rebate for a 7 series, this discount is only good if you were a current member for over a year, so it will be good for my next car (if I will not buy the new 2007 S class with 383 horse power.
  • vtranvtran Member Posts: 3
    I just bought a brand new 04' 760li through a BMW dealership that has only 55 miles on the car. The car equipped with a cellular phone, I believe is either a V700 or V710 Motorola phone ( phone is being ordered) do you know if there is a way to modify the current cellular phone to any type of blue tooth phone. I would like the service to be Cingular. Do you know the dealers able to provide this type of phone upgrade.

Thank you in advance for your advices.

vtran
    Let me guess, you bought a black on black 760Li from Century West BMW, they were stuck with one for over one year, I hope you paid less than $90,000 out the door.

Re phone, at time of purchase they should have asked you who the service provider is and give you a matched phone.
    t is not possible to have blue tooth technology in a 2004 7 series.
    Enjoy the car it is a great car.
    I am not sure how many of you new 750Li owners know that this car now supports MP3 CDs, you can almost fit 250 songs sorted by title and organized in folders on ONE CD. the car accepts 6 CDS so you can fit almost 1500 songs.
    The best way to organize the CDs is to name all the files by song name only, and put them in folders named by the Author, so you can go to the Rick Marting folder and see all his songs for example (bad choice perhaps...)
    This is cool, and it is a feature that most dealers do not know about and will not talk about.
    I placed an order for a new 7er on Monday 6/27/05 and so far haven't gotten my production number and I want to know how long does it take to get a production number. Also, how long does it take till the car reach the dealership. The sale person told me that it will take 6-7weeks.

Thank you
    The boat ride takes 3 weeks, it takes about one week to schedule your car on a boat and it takes about a week at the vehicle preperation center. so 5 weeks to get here from the time they are done making the car. you can ask your dealer what day they are making the car, as it takes one day to make one (it takes 17 hours to make a 3 series, so perhaps a liitle more to make a 7) I would say that your sales person gave you a good ball park figure, you get a production number from your sales person, his sheet will show it once the car is in production, and they print this sheet every day.
    Congratulations what color did you get? what features did you select ?
  • tc4tc4 Member Posts: 4
    Just getting ready to buy the 2006 750i. Have 2 questions

- Has anyone been able to get a discount to MSRP? How much? I'm in the NJ area.
    - Anyone own the blue lava leather seats? Like it?

Any comments on the above would be helpful. Thx
    tc4
    Yes, I got $2500 off , but i might got this because I ordered my car. If you have the luxury seating package it doesn't matter what color, they will feel great. Let me know what are the specs on the car and I will be able to give you a good estimate on how much off you can get. I also recommend that you go to a big BMW dealer if you want a good discount.
    Good luck
    Thx for your response

My specs are the following

2006 750i - Black Sapphire Metallic
    Black or Lava blue Pearl Leather
    Sport Package
    Premium sound
    Heated front seats
    Heated Steering

MSRP - $76,794

How much do you think I can get off of MSRP? Thx for your help.
    I would say you should expect $1000-1500 discount since the margin of profit is low. If your car is loaded with luxury seating, convenience package and comfort access you might be able to get $2K off easily. However, that doesn't mean you should not try to squeeze whatever you can off. I will shop around and try to get a quote on paper and take it with you to other dealers and see if they can offer you a better value. Also be aware of the " there is little 7ers to go around" business, there is always enough.
    good luck
    Thx for your suggestions. I will let you know how I fare.
  • 2martini2martini Member Posts: 2
    Same experience on savings--$1500 was about tops. Margins are low (surprisingly) for this car (750Li) which is probably why it was $15k less than the Mercedes S500 I was looking at. Ordered the BMW a few weeks ago. Already have a production and VIN number, scheduled for production Aug 25 with drive-off-lot date around end of October. Thanks to the poster about the timing on the boat etc. Very helpful.
    Sorry to see that these cars aren't readily available. I've thoroughly enjojed my 750li since I got it. I aprreciate it even more, the more I drive it. Lucky I haven't been ticketed yet since the speedo has pass 100mph on several occasions (been up to 140). It's just so easy to let this baby loose and remarkably it feels safe at fast speeds. This automobile is probably better fitted on the autobahns. Oh well, guess this is what happens when the car is pumped with extra juice. Think this will probably be one of my better rides experienced, provided I can keep my license.
  • 2martini2martini Member Posts: 2
    I hear you--can't wait to get mine. Isn't it great to own a car where 60 mph is on the LEFT side of the speedometer? :-)
    Just to update you all on where I just closed on a new 750i. I ended up with $3650 off MSRP. I got this price from 2 dealers. One in NJ and one in NY.

My specs are the following

2006 750i
    Black Leather
    Sport Package
    Premium sound
    Heated front seats
    Heated Steering
    Luxury seating
    Front/rear mud guards
    Rear shades
    Satellite radio

The car is built and waiting to get on a boat to NJ. Dealer says I should have it by the 15th of August but according to an earlier post it takes 4 weeks from production to get here. Will let you know. Thx for all your help.
    congrads bro.. I think you got a nice package there ...
  • manybmwsmanybmws Member Posts: 347
    Does the sports package make a difference beyond the benefit of the tires/wheels?
    My current 750 doesn't have sports package and despie this it rides quite sporty.. My preivious 530 had sports package and didn't ride that much better. Maybe a little better on the turns, but not too much better.
    My problem with sports package is that it makes the car useless in the snow/ice and I'm not willing to switch to winter tires each winter season. Wouldn't suggest sports package in areas with winters unless your obsessed enough to be changing your tires every couple of months. Also I wonder what the true cost of having 2 sets of tires for a bimmer is??? Do people just buy another set of rims with the winter tires or do they just keep remounting tires on the same rims???
  • manybmwsmanybmws Member Posts: 347
    I have separate rims with snows for my '03 530 in the Boston area. I drove an 05 530 with sports package yesterday and was not happy with the compliance of the ride. Then I drove a 750 with SP and would buy one that way. Of course I would need another set of rims if I did go this way...costing around $2.5K with BMW wheels.
    Thanks for the response. Guess changing to snows in winter can cost around 3G.. That sounds pretty steep, but I guess luxury is not cheap nowadays. Now how does a SP Bimmer feel with snow tires/different rims and what are the good ones.. This SP thing cannot only be expensive, but quite intricate.. Maybe the snows could have more bling bling rims... Hmmmm?
This discussion has been closed.