Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

BMW 7-Series 2007+

124»

Comments

• Options
    krasheedkrasheed Member Posts: 4
    That is great price with such low miles. There is always room to negotiate though. So try to negotiate, and if he does not budge, just buy it for that price.
    Good luck
  • Options
    mkalagianmkalagian Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2007 750LI with approx 39K miles. I was quoted by the finance department at the local BMW dealer that the extended bumper to bumper warranty, including regular service (an addtional 2 years of 100K miles) was $4200.00. Is this the going price? Will th dealership negotiate this price? Thanks for any assistance.

Marc
  • Options
    nevillecnevillec Member Posts: 1
    I thought the 2008 750LI is a man's dream car, but it turns out a nightmare. My car having electronics that sometimes work and dont work. Batteries dies on me over six times in less than two years even after tech replace new batteries and cables (fiber optical cables as well per BMW dealer tech... are there related??) Only the BMW dealer's tech can touch my car on all maintance schedule or service and only pump the best 91 gas. sometimes there is humming sound on the passenger side and it is on/off by itself repeatedly. My lovely BMW dealer had no clue what is it. Car engine start rough sound once for a while, but today it even gives me a "motor malfunction" alarm. :cry: Come on, it only 16,000 miles, and believe me I am not a race car driver neither a turtle.
  • Options
    templeton3templeton3 Member Posts: 69
    I guess I can't complain since my exact same year and model with 23,000 miles has given my the same problems on 5 times. Its sad that the AAA driver knows us on a first name basis. After 23,000 miles, BMW has now decided to replace the battery. By the way, the car was at dealer service last week for the same problem as it is there this week. Our lease is almost up and the saleman doesn't understand why we don't want to buy another BMW. When I asked him for a sales brochure, he told me that BMW doesn't print them anymore. What a loser.
  • Options
    larrys8larrys8 Member Posts: 36
    Hi all,

I am considering purchasing a 2007 certified 750i. BMW is offering to cover all maint and warranty to 100k miles. I drove a 2007 750 with sport package, fairly loaded, I think I can get it for around 40K. An amazing car (at least during test drive). I am considering this vs. buying new Acura TL or looking for pre-owned Lexus LS(I know apples to oranges).

I love the 750i, but not sure if its the car for me. I commute about 35 miles each way to work 5 days a week (mixed driving mostly highway but tons of traffic). I am hoping someone can give me their "real world" MPG. Not really worried about snow, I take my wife's car to work now when there is a chance of snow

Also I am concerned about long term realiability, I would imagine I would keep the car for 4 or 5 years and rack up 120K+ miles.

With service being covered to 100K not so much worried about cost as much as I am how much time car would be sitting in a shop for repairs.

Any help, commments, suggestions would be great!!!!!!
  • Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    I'm wondering exactly WHAT is warrantied to 100K miles. You'd best be very clear about that before you pull the trigger on this car.
  • Options
    larrys8larrys8 Member Posts: 36
    Thanks for your advice. Whatever is covered under their CPO program. I haven't looked into it in great detail yet.
  • Options
    Yeah, like what if the dashboard display goes completely blank at 82,000 miles? Who pays what?
  • Options
    omegagenomegagen Member Posts: 67
    What would be a fair offer for this vehicle w/ these options... Rear entertainment, premium sound, sport pkg, lux seat pkg. Color is black.

I'd use Edmunds TMV, but I was working a deal on another '08 and they used TMV as a reference and stated that they were priced below Edmunds by about 5K. But, I'm no fool, dealerships don't just slash prices "just because". Cars like these at their prices aren't flying off the lots! Also, I'm amazed when I try to use Edmunds as a guideline while negotiating they usually pull out some other reference in their favor now they turn the tables and all of a sudden it's the gospel!

Anyway, how much? These cars have prices all over the map! It's hard to determine what's fair and what's not.

Thanks!
  • Options
    Eh....I dunno....maybe between $42K and $45K, somewhere in there? That sounds about right. Miles are a deduct, keep in mind.

What would I pay? I'm a hard bargainer, and these cars depreciate like waffle irons off a bridge, so I'd be inclined to offer $40--$41K and then walk. I think it's a real buyer's market for this wonderful car.
  • Options
    omegagenomegagen Member Posts: 67
    Thanks for the quick response! Since it'll be a third car I'm not pressed! I'll start at 40 and walk at 41!!
This discussion has been closed.