Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hyundai Azera 2006

Comments

• gene_vgene_v Posts: 235
    On another Edmunds forum one person was bashing the Hyundai warranty.

"The warranty is a joke (just read the fine print). A friends hyundai has cost her almost 2,000 bucks in 66 k miles, as she said "you wouldn't believe whatz not covered and how easy the warranty is voided or doesn't cover that"!" And then made a caustic remark about a certain dealer being a bunch of hacks. I won't mention their name.

Any comments?
  • 2zmax2zmax Posts: 140
    He is probably frustrated and envious Ford Dealer ;)
  • snakeweaselsnakeweasel a Certified Edmunds Poster.Posts: 11,722
    Its hard to comment on without the facts. What work was done? Did anything happen to void the warranty? Was the car in an accident? Abused?

The sign said "No shoes, no shirt, no service", it didn't say anything about no pants.

• jim101jim101 Posts: 252
    Gene V,

Tell us more, give us details on what cost $2K in 66k miles?
    What isn't covered and what would void the warranty?

It may be the 'dealer' bilked your friend, seems some dealers pray on women :sick: as easy marks for repairs that aren't needed and provide double talk on warranty issues. If you pay, the dealer makes money, then the dealer bills HMC for warranty work, sadly it's been done for years.

So, for thew rest of us in this forum, please provide details, don't name the dealer, but please name the town.

Thank you
  • snakeweaselsnakeweasel a Certified Edmunds Poster.Posts: 11,722
    He will not be able to tell us. The post he is referring to gives no information and is second hand information (at best).

The sign said "No shoes, no shirt, no service", it didn't say anything about no pants.

The dealer is in Ann Arbor Michigan.
    And yes there were no other facts.
    There has been some serious bashing of Hyundai on the other Forum. I have been defending Hyundai(Azera) when they get too far out. It seems they are very biased. They need to drive the Azera.
    Someone else made a rebutal as follows:

"You may be right - or wrong - as for me, it is far too early to tell. All I can say is that the dealer is excellent, both in the sales and service departments, and they are very pro-customer, as is Hyundai. I've received more post-sale contact from the dealer and Hyundai, than I ever did with any other new car purchase. They want to ensure that I'm satisfied with the purchase and car.

I've read the fine print in the warranty, and it's no different than most warranties. They expect you to adhere to the maintenance schedules, but they allow you to perform normal routine maintenance yourself, as long as you provide receipts for parts, supplies, etc. There is an extensive section in the Owner's Manual on "Do-It-Yourself" maintenance. And, their website allows registerd owners full access to all corporate TSB's, shop, parts, and technical manuals. You can even place an online order through Hyundai's website for any part or accessory for delivery to your local dealer.

Actually, I find their warranty written in plain English and very easy to understand, plus they are very specific at what they cover and don't cover."
  • tenpin288tenpin288 Posts: 804
    I find their warranty written in plain English and very easy to understand, plus they are very specific at what they cover and don't cover."

They even put it up on their web page in an easy to find area, unlike some other manufacturer's that make you dig through a maze of pages and clicks.

http://www.hyundaiusa.com/global/warranty/warranty.aspx
  • w9cww9cw Posts: 888
    The words that "gene_v" reposted in Post #1302 are mine. I was rebuking an earlier negative comment directed toward Hyundai on the Ford Five Hundred/Mercury Montego Forum.

My wife and I actually were serious about a Ford Five Hundred SEL last summer, until we drove one, and had to deal with the super aggressive sales staff at the local dealer. More importantly, they never stocked any units with Ford's Safety Package, i.e. side-curtain airbags.

We then shifted our focus (no pun intended) to a 2006 Sonata GLS or LX. But, due to our need for a new car, and my somewhat uncertain long-term job status, we decided that financing was not fiscally smart at the moment, and chose to pay cash for a new 2006 Elantra instead. We're not sorry we did. In some ways, we actually like the Elantra better than the Sonata.

We've been treated extremely well by the selling dealer (in Downers Grove, IL), and the servicing dealer (in Champaign, IL). My experience with the product, and support (little needed so far) is excellent.

It's my opinion that Hyundai is mirroring the growth, and quality improvements, that I obsevered in past decades with the Japanese marques. This, along with my satisfaction with the purchase of the Elantra, is why I support Hyundai in other forums when I have the time and opporunity.

I have over 40 years experience in buying new cars (Domestic, European, Japanese, and now Korean), and I have an excellent "eye" for build-quality, as I used to be a mechanic on European cars. The overall "apparent" build-quality of this Elantra GLS is equal to, or in some cases, better than any of the Honda's or Toyota's we looked at prior to making the purchase. Only time will tell on the Elantra's long-term reliability, but I really have good feelings about this car.

If I had the funds, I wouldn't hesitate to purchase an Azera.

Don
  • ricwhitericwhite Posts: 292
    Picked up my Azera today. Murdock Hyundai in Orem, Utah was very good. In and out in about two hours with the lease deal. They offered me the Azera Limited Ultimate for $500 above invoice price and implemented the "lease deal" without a hitch.

Service department detailed the car and programmed the "EZ out" and the "auto lock". The only problem they had as setting the "pass numbers" for the "Limp Home Mode." The technician apologized that he didn't have the updated firmware on his device to do it. He said he would get it done free of charge on my next visit.

I also still need to get the windows tinted.

The car is nice. Rides well. I'll post more observations and photos later. I'm late for work. Ask any questions. I'll be happy to answer any.

• frazeefrazee Posts: 90
    Ric, Congratulations!! Your tenacity paid off. There is no doubt that message boards like this, as well as the internet in general, will lead to the demise of the scummy dealers you had to encounter before finding a straight-shooter!!
  • grandaddygrandaddy Posts: 66
    Ric, be sure to drive by the other dealers that you visited and honk and wave to them. Ask them how much money they have made on the ones still sitting on their lots!!
    Congrats. That is one sharp looking car! We saw a few at the Auto show in Pittsburgh in mid-February and we were very impressed. My wife really liked the Aubergine(?) color although I wish it came with a darker interior. Another year or so for her 04 Sonata and then maybe an Azera. Enjoy! ;)
    Yes...you cannot get the black interior with the Aubergine or Beige exterior...but you might stumble on a light grey interior with the Aubergine exterior. We wound up with the Venetian Blue exterior and beige interior (although would have preferred the light grey...but dealer only had a handful of the Limited with Ultra package, so chose from amongst what he had.) If you will have your car parked outside a lot in a warm/hot area, you may want to reconsider the dark interior which really absorbs heat (and takes much longer to cool down) versus the beige....which tends to not absorb as much heat. Given my druthers, I would love a white interior (which they don't offer)....but in an area with lots of snow/slush, that would be a major problem....The only problem with the beige is that we do get a reflection off of the lower part of the windshield when it is bright out (which may be why other makes tend to give you a darker dashpad even when you get a lighter color interior!!)
  • Congrats on your new acquisition. The interior looks better than I thought...
    Peace,
    -dan
    I know what you mean about the dark interior, but my wife's current ride, an 04 Sonata, is powder white pearl with a black interior (which was never listed as an available combo but we found one!). She likes the black leather interior. Maybe when we are ready, the Azera will have the interior she wants. ;)
  • finfin atlantaPosts: 588
    Same color combo as one here in Atlanta.. Very nice. Congratulations.....
  • tinydog1tinydog1 Posts: 83
    I am happy to say my Azera just reached 3 months (2,300mi) of service and the car is still performing flawlessly. No problems have arizen and no rattles or squeaks anywhere. I truly enjoy driving it and have recieved many complements. I hope I recieve a JD Power initial quality survey so I can rate this vehicle excellent. I hope every new owner is enjoying their ride as much as I am. Will keep you posted.
  • I took this from the Edmunds Hyundai XG350 messge board, your right, thier warranty is very misleading and the extended warranty has a lot to be desired also.

You are here: Forums Sedans Hyundai XG300/XG350

Hyundai XG300/XG350

1912 messages, Last post on Mar 07, 2006 at 10:36 PM

Created by sysop in the Sedans Message Board.
    Your Host is pat

What is this discussion about? Hyundai XG300, Hyundai XG350, Sedan, Opinion, Performance Mods, Car Photos, Car Reviews

Get a price quote on a Hyundai XG300 Consumer Rating 8.1 53 Reviews

Get a price quote on a Hyundai XG350 Consumer Rating 9.0 82 Reviews

Messages Outline

Messages Page 190 of 192 Go To Msg # Search This Discussion
    1 ... 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 Recent Msgs

#1883 of 1912 Re: Request 2005 XG350L help [tinydog1] by whitetop Jan 21, 2006 (9:10 am)
    Reply | E-mail Msg
    Replying to: tinydog1 (Jan 15, 2006 10:47 pm)

I agree completely. I have already decided if it happens again I will contact customer service. It's a waste of my time to keep taking it back for them to tell me they can't duplicate the problem. I was wondering if anyone who'd had the wheel speed sensors replaced has seen an end to their problems.
    #1884 of 1912 Re: 2005 XG350L So Far Satisfied [averigejoe] by whitetop Jan 21, 2006 (9:19 am)
    Reply | E-mail Msg
    Replying to: averigejoe (Jan 19, 2006 8:32 pm)

I think virtually everything about the interior is comfortable, especially on longer trips. This is also my first car with heated seats, and they sure do make a difference. I really like the memory system, but I wish it also included the steering and rear-view mirror, as well.

I think my auto headlights don't come on soon enough. I frequently have to turn mine on manually at dusk because I'll be the only car driving without lights on. I wonder if there's a way to make them a little more sensitive?

My 350L is Celadon Green, which I think must be one of the rarest colors. I get a lot of comments about it, and while I like all of the colors, it was definitely my favorite.

Thanks, everyone for writing.
    #1885 of 1912 If There Was a 2006 XG350L by kent Feb 01, 2006 (5:42 am)
    Reply | E-mail Msg
    If there could have been a 2006 version of XG350L here are some things that would have been nice even if there was no cosmetic changes:

* Have a gas cap that holder that prevents the dangling of the gas cap when filling the gas tank.
    * Have gas pressurized struts on the trunk hinges rather than the goose neck luggage crushing hinges.
    * Auto-lights that don't come on whenever passing through shadows, under overpasses, etc. Auto-lights should come on whenever the wipers are turned-on except when using the mist/wash.
    * Have all doors to auto-lock whenever putting car in-gear.
    * Have telescopic steering wheel w/ memory.
    * Have Cruise Controls on steering wheel to illuminate.
    * Have ambient (outside temp) to display constantly rather than having to push the button to display.
    * Offer heated rear seats.
    * Somehow have more creative storage bins.
    * Have auto-wipers (rain sensitive) as a standard.
    * It would be great to have windows that could auto-dim like the Electrochromatic rear-view mirror. Especially for the front windshield.
    * Naturally, a much more fuel efficient motor with greater horsepower.
    * Have the new type of clothes-hook built in to the rear-seat grip handles as seen in the new Sonata/Azera.

These are just a few things.... please feel free to add to the wish list. It's a dead hoarse but it does show Hyundai how to better serve the consumer.
    Replies to this message:
    • averigejoe (Feb 03, 2006 3:42 pm)
    • kent (Feb 03, 2006 5:28 pm)
    • averigejoe (Feb 04, 2006 2:37 pm) and 2 more...

#1886 of 1912 Re: 2004 XG350 WATER LEAK [thebman] by capttv01 Feb 03, 2006 (8:07 am)
    Reply | E-mail Msg
    Replying to: thebman (Jan 07, 2006 1:09 pm)

I had the car in to the dealer this week to get the leak repaired. It was diagnosed as needing a "body seam resealed" which the dealer sublet and had done after getting my okay. To my surprise, this item was NOT covered by warranty and I'm on the hook for $271, including tax. I spoke to the service manager and Hyundai customer service and the position of Hyundai America is that this falls under:

"adjustments required as a result of a manufacturing deficiency are covered for the first year or 12K miles."

Thereafter this is considered owner maintenance responsibility. Since I've had the car 2 years with 18K miles, I'm stuck paying. Seems like a "cute" way for them to weasel out of a lot of things you would think are under the 5 year bumper to bumper warranty. Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions on this ? Thanks
    Replies to this message:
    • blackrussian (Feb 03, 2006 3:16 pm)
    • averigejoe (Feb 03, 2006 3:38 pm)
    Ric, you the man, good lookin ride for sure :shades: , you can tuck the label on the glove box in or remove if you choose.

Here's a resolve to auto headlight on if you think your's does not turn on soon enough.
    Usually behind the rearview mirror is the light sensor that reguisters the amount of darkness and turns on the headlights (similar to outside house lights). If you have your windows tinted or stop by a tinting shop ask them for a small sample of the window tint. A 1/2" square is way more than you need.
    Once you find the sensor you can cut a piece of the tint to cover the sensor. The piece i installed fit nice and holds itself inplace. If thats a problem cut a thin strip of magic mend tape to hold it in place. This should cure the problem.
    With regard to the auto light sensor, it is on the forward part of the dash (reference 1-82 in Azera Owner's booklet) and discussses either covering or window tint impact. The rain sensor is located at the top of where the rear view mirror is (but that should not be impacted by tint??)
  • davididavidi Posts: 4
    When driving at night on a limited access four lane highway I prefer to set my cruise and turn off my instrument panel lights. I have found that my rheostat does not completely extinguish my panel lights. My question: Can you completely blacken your instrument panel? If you can then I have a faulty switch and if not then I will have to contend with a dimmed but not black panel.
    As an aside I also found that my remote hanging from the key ring knocked against the dash. I solved it by buying a two dollar ring/coupling that allows me to release the key quickly and I put the remote in my pocket.
  • Hey I was wondering how the Azera handled with road & wind noise at 55mph-85mph? One of my main concerns when buying a car is the road & wind noise? It shows how well the car is put together plus I can't stand talking over noise.
    Hot dam, they live, they live... actually saw another Azera on the road today, black with light grey leather. One at a time and shazam before long there will be many more ;) .

Has anyone noticed how many Hyundai's are out there? It seems that every time I turn around I see another, than another, than another, all the models. :shades:
    My dealer was kind enough to "throw in" the port-installed wind-deflector for the sunroof/moonroof. Based on this thread it would appear that this is the source of considerable wind noise 55-85 and YES...I do get the wind noise and do intend to have my deflector removed at the first service interval. I still have mine on so cannot comment on the car without the deflector.....so perhaps someone who does not have one, or who has had it removed can comment. Also, this car is clearly the quietest car at idle I have ever had....but you do pick up reasonable road noise as you move on....(more like a BMW than a Lexus in that regard!)
  • druckodrucko Posts: 1
    Looking to buy an Azera. Have a wheelchair that has to fit in the trunk. Will I have a problem?
  • chilliwackchilliwack Posts: 189
    These wind deflectors remove very easily. Open sunroof, remove two phillips head screws and remove deflector and two clips. The car looks much better without IMHO.
  • ricwhitericwhite Posts: 292
    When I went to pick up my Azera, the wind deflector was not installed -- which was what I wanted. But after it was washed and detailed, I saw the service tech climbing up there and -- sure enough -- he was installing the deflector. When he saw me coming he was just wiping some prints off of it.

"Got the deflector on for you, sir," he said.

"I'm sorry," I said. "Will you remove it, please?"

"Excuse me?"

"I don't want it. It looks tacky and it makes wind noise at high speeds," I explained.

The manager walked up as I was saying this and he was nodding his head. "I agree fully," he said. "It probably the only part on the car I don't like."

-----

So far, the Azera has run very well. I updated insurance today and the leasing terms requires higher coverage than on my last car, so I'm paying slightly higher premiums. But I figured I probably would.

AMICA Insurance: about $800/yr.

----

Haven't quite figured out what gasoline would be best to use yet. The manual lists 87 octane as the most efficient for the engine, yet regular here in Utah is 85 octane. When I asked the sales rep if mid-grade 87 octane would be better, he had no idea. I'm not sure about this one yet.

----

I'm getting windows tinted tomorrow. Most recommend 20% (light passage)on the rear and 50% (legal darkness limit in Utah) on the front. I don't know if I want to go that dark. It's already hard to see out back at night. Any suggestions? I was thinking 30% rear and 60% front to let a little more light through, but I have NO experience at all with tinting. Also, I'm nervous putting tint over the rear-heating coils on the back window. Should I worry?

My reasons for tinting are that it would improve the looks of the vehicle and, also, it would reduce the sun heat on the black interior in the summer. But I'm still nervous.

Does tinting increase the liklihood of police attention?

Enough for now. Great car so far. Quite an upgrade over my 2000 Passat, but It'll take me a while to get used to the larger size. Passat was a little more "nimble."
    Drucko,

The trunk with the rear seats folded down is big enough to sleep in. :) a wheel chair or two should fit into the trunk without a problem, less of course lifting it over the bumper is a problem :confuse:

Go to a dealer, give it a try.
    Ric, tint over the defroster elements should not be a problem, make sure to ask the tinting shop when you get there to get their spin on the question.

I live in FL, and my windows are tinted as dark as legally possible and that's the only way I would go.

The rear view mirror self darkens so if you leave the shade up at night or down it will have impact on seeing out the back, it will take time to adjust to but you can do it.