Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Hyundai Accent

Comments

• allfiredupallfiredup Member Posts: 736
    Just in case anyone is interested, there are two reviews (so far) in January car magazines. Car and Driver did a have page "preview" and Motor Trend included it in their Car Of The Year testing. Both mags gave the car very high marks.
  • backybacky Member Posts: 18,949
    Here is some data on the Accent hybrid due late next year in the U.S. Note that the fuel economy is up 44%, but they didn't say compared to what. If it's vs. the 110-hp engine, that would mean EPA numbers of around 42 city, 52 highway. I wonder what the price uplift will be and also whether it's a "full hybrid" (i.e., can run for short distances on the electric motor alone). Also where the battery is--if it's in the most logical place, the trunk, it means a few cubes off the trunk and no folding rear seat, like the Civic Hybrid.

http://wardsauto.com/ar/auto_hyundai_debuts_accent/index.htm
  • bamacarbamacar Member Posts: 749
    Since it is a hybrid I would assume more like 47 city, 47 highway if a mild hybrid. If a full hybrid, probably more like 44 highway and 50 city would be in line. It would be nice if they could keep the price difference under 2-3k. If it is more than that, the percentage increase would scare off a lot of people.
    Actually if a full hybrid then the city number could be higher than the highway number--hard to tell until we have more details.
  • bumpybumpy Member Posts: 4,425
    There are pictures floating around showing some details on the hybrid. One of them is some Korean sticker showing 18.9 km/l, which works out to 44.46 mpg. Another picture shows the electronic dash with a Charge/Discharge gauge, which leads me to suspect something like a Honda IMA system rather than the more complex Prius setup. To speculate a bit, I think we're getting an electric-assist hybrid that delivers the mileage of the 1.3L Accent (sold in Europe, Korea, etc.) with the performance to meet or slightly exceed the 1.6L Accent.
  • delta4delta4 Member Posts: 138
    I just found some additional information on the upcoming hybrid. The writer of the article reckons that Hyundai would have a definite price and market advantage due to how expensive the current Prius is and the fact that it's "overkill" for a lot of people who are hungry for a well built, yet affordable hybrid.

Based on this assessment and the enormous strides in quality that Hyundai has made I believe it is only a matter of time before we see even more traction for this brand and a complete 'brand realignment'(based on market share) where Hyundai will be a definite contender for the number '3' spot in the import automotive rung displacing either Honda or Nissan within the next two years.

http://www.treehugger.com/files/2005/12/hyundai_unveils.php
    Good story, but I think they are off on the price they quoted. There is no way the Accent 4-door sedan can start at "just over $10k." Consider that a Rio LX, which has A/C but no ABS, goes for about $13k. Take about $800 off that (for no A/C), add about $400 (for ABS) and we are at about $12,600. That is for a stripped model--no A/C, no power package, no automatic. So if a hybrid Accent could come in under $15k that would be quite an achievement.
    Pricing is probably pure specualtion from the standpoint of counting or discounting options such as ABS or A/C? If hybrid Accent can start at a base of 15k with fully optioned model coming under $18k? that would still be a bargain compared to Civic and Prius.

Add the inclusion of their warranty and this would give Hyundai an edge.
    I would not buy an Accent hybrid for $18k. Not quite sure what the difference between a base model and fully-optioned model would be besides the PS package, which I estimate will go for around $1500. Not much else you can do for that car, except add a moonroof--and that's unlikely given it means extra weight. I suppose they could offer leather too. But for $18k, I'd rather get a much nicer car like a Civic EX 5-speed, which would return a bit less mpg but offer more refinement and probably safety, without worrying about unproven hybrid technology from Hyundai. For $15k, I think the Accent hybrid is a great value. I'd be surprised if we see it there, however, since a nicely-equipped regular Accent with the PS package (power, A/C, alloys, remote locks) and automatic will be around $15k. It depends on how Hyundai positions the Accent hybrid. Other companies have put the hybrid model at the top of their trim lines, but Hyundai could do something different and offer a hybrid for the masses.
  • ooiringoooiringo Member Posts: 11
    I think the jury is still out on the hybrids. Just saw a report tonight on the national news (US - ABC I think) that states hybrids aren't living up to their promises. Check out consumer reports - they did full testing of all the hybrids and they found that the Hybrids only had about half the MPG as stated on the sticker. And seriously, everyone knows the EPA tests aren't even close to mirroring real-world driving (A/C, actual stop and go traffic, cold weather). So, I'll stick with the standard gas engine and save a few bucks up front, enjoy my truck space, and not worry about the mechanical problems that always appear with new engines.
    Backy point well taken. Since we're only speculating and the hybrid is still several months away let's take a wait and see until there's more information available. The pricing of the new accent with a/c & a/t is approx a shade over $14k I think this is sans shipping. It is chock full of std equipment as well as offering saftey features not found in vehicles in this class.
    Check out consumer reports - they did full testing of all the hybrids and they found that the Hybrids only had about half the MPG as stated on the sticker.

That is not accurate. For example, when they tested the Prius they got 44 mpg overall, and the EPA combined average for the Prius is 55 mpg--not 88 mpg.
    Depending what the "shade" is, and with $500-600 shipping, that is right around $15k. It has to be around there, because you know that Kia will not put up with the Accent being priced lower than the similar Rio LX--especially since the Accent has more feature content than the Rio.
  • marikamarika Member Posts: 39
    A little off topic, but someone posted a picture of the Getz on another forum and it is a very handsome little car--much more appealing than the upcoming Accent hatchback. Does anyone know if there are any plans to bring it here? The engine is a little smaller (1.5L instead of 1.6 for the Accent) and the body also looks to be smaller which means much better mpgs than the dismal 32 city from EPA for the Accent with manual transmission.

I would have posted this on the Getz forum but it's read-only.
  • bumpybumpy Member Posts: 4,425
    I doubt we'll see the Getz in North America. It's only marginally smaller than the Accent, and would be a pointless overlap of the Accent hatchback due here next summer.

If you want a higher-mileage Accent, wait to see what numbers the hybrid does or cross your fingers and hope for a diesel option in 2007.
  • snakeysnakey Member Posts: 12
    FOUNTAIN VALLEY, Calif., Dec. 12 /PRNewswire/ -- Hyundai Motor America
    announced pricing today for the all-new Accent. The third generation of
    Hyundai's most affordable nameplate has more style, sophistication and content
    than ever before.

2006 Hyundai Accent Pricing:

* GLS 4-Door with 5-speed manual -- $12,995 (freight included)*

* GLS 4-Door with 4-speed automatic -- $13,845 (freight included)*

* Premium Sport Package -- $1,500

* Air Conditioning -- $800

ACCENT GLS
    To simplify the buying process, the 2006 Accent comes in a single GLS trim
    level with either a five-speed manual or a four-speed automatic transmission
    with overdrive. GLS trim includes a wide range of features, including several
    items that are either optional or unavailable on competitive vehicles in the
    segment, including a powerful 1.6-liter CVVT engine, 172-watt six-speaker
    AM/FM/CD audio system with equalizer, power steering, tilt steering wheel,
    driver and passenger illuminated vanity mirrors, and four-wheel disc brakes
    with ABS including EBD. There are a total of six airbags, including dual
    front airbags, front seat-mounted side-impact airbags, and roof mounted
    side-curtain airbags. Carpeted floor mats are optional, as is air
    conditioning, which is offered as a stand-alone option, or included in the
    optional Premium-Sport Package. The Premium-Sport Package includes air
    conditioning, power windows with illuminated switches, driver's window
    auto-down feature, power door locks, remote keyless entry with alarm and panic
    alert, heated power-adjustable exterior mirrors and 15-inch alloy wheels with
    195/55VR15 tires.

WARRANTY
    The all-new 2006 Hyundai Accent is protected by the Hyundai Advantage,
    America's Best Warranty(TM). Coverage includes five-year/60,000-mile
    bumper-to-bumper protection, 10-year/100,000-mile limited powertrain warranty,
    five-year/unlimited mileage roadside assistance and seven-year/unlimited
    mileage anti-perforation coverage. In addition, Accent buyers receive 24-hour
    roadside assistance coverage at no extra charge for five years (no mileage
    limit) that includes emergency towing, lockout service and limited coverage
    for trip-interruption expenses. There is no deductible on any of these
    coverages.

Hyundai Motor America, headquartered in Fountain Valley, Calif., is a
    subsidiary of Hyundai Motor Company of Korea. Hyundai cars and sport utility
    vehicles are distributed in the U.S. by Hyundai Motor America and are sold and
    serviced by more than 670 dealers throughout the nation.

* All prices include freight of $540.

TAKEN FROM:
    http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/12-12-200- 5/0004231746&EDATE=
    Thanks a lot for the info! My guess on the price of the PS package was correct, but I guessed a little low on the price of the car, based on the prices in Canada. However, the prices are not really surprising as they are just a tad above the prices for a comparably-equipped Rio, which fits with Hyundai's positioning vs. Kia and reflects the extra features in the Accent.

The bad news is that the Accent equipped the way I'd want it, with automatic, PS, and mats, will be about $15,400 MSRP. Since an Elantra GLS with ABS, moonroof, and mats is only $16,275, and with the Elantra likely to have larger rebates in its last year before the new design, the Elantra looks like a better deal for me. A lot will depend on how the Accent does in the IIHS crash tests. The pricing also provides room for the likes of Honda, Nissan, and Toyota to compete closely with Hyundai on price in this segment--and that IMO is not a game that Hyundai can win yet.
    It remains to be seen whether Honda, Nissan or Toyota can match Accent's offer feature-for-feature quantitatively. These brands have the marketing muscle to push their lower priced models but can't compete on Accent's standard equipment.

If Hyundai's current pricing strategy follows suit they'll probable pad Accent with moderate incentives if needed. One thing is crystal, they have re-positioned this car to be competitive.

Let the games begin! :)
    I think Honda has a very good shot at competing price-wise with the Accent, with their Fit. It will have comparable safety equipment to the Accent (standard side curtains and ABS) and a much more versatile interior. The Versa is supposed to start around $12k, like the Accent, but is said to be a roomier car and also has the 5-door configuration. As for the Yaris, the sedan looks like a big improvement over the ECHO, but pricing and equipment remains to be seen.

Of course Hyundai can heap on the incentives, but why do that? Why not just put a compelling price on the car?
    Of course Hyundai can heap on the incentives, but why do that? Why not just put a compelling price on the car? backy

The price is very competitive and in keeping with Hyundai's new strategy and re-positioning of the brand. Your point about the Honda FIT being good competition for the Accent rings true but I believe the Accent will be the market leader based on the level of equipment compared to what will be in the FIT especially if they plan on keeping close to that $12,000 base price.

Also if sales demand do not approach projected levels expect Honda to prop up the FIT just as it has with the Civic who's sales were pumped up by their cut-rate loans.
    The bad news is that the Accent equipped the way I'd want it, with automatic, PS, and mats, will be about $15,400 MSRP. Since an Elantra GLS with ABS, moonroof, and mats is only $16,275, and with the Elantra likely to have larger rebates in its last year before the new design, the Elantra looks like a better deal for me. A lot will depend on how the Accent does in the IIHS crash tests. The pricing also provides room for the likes of Honda, Nissan, and Toyota to compete closely with Hyundai on price in this segment--and that IMO is not a game that Hyundai can win yet.

Actually backy, on CarsDirect, the '06 Elantra GLS with all that good stuff can be had for $14,440. That's a helluva deal.

It's intersting how close the Accent is getting to the Elantra price and the Rio is getting so close to the Spectra price. Obviously, they're getting ready to move the Elantra and Spectra up a half-notch or so, but until they do their current iterations are GREAT values.

I doubt that'll hurt Accent sales at all, though. It's still a lot of car for the money. I also don't see Hyundai getting sticker price for them. A 5-speed manual version with the PS package stickers for $14,495 and I'm sure it could be had in the high $13s. Sure beats an Aveo.
    Yes, it's better than an Aveo but at least the Aveo offers a 5-door version--wish the Accent had that.

A lot of the Accent's value proposition for me hinges on how well the car does in crash tests. That is really the only major weak area for me for the Elantra and a few other competitors. If the new Accent does well there, I would pay the price even if it costs a little more than a similarly-equipped Elantra. If it doesn't... it's a decision between an old design like the Elantra (but cheap) or a new design that is more crashworthy, hopefully the Fit and maybe the Versa and Yaris also. Or move upmarket to a Civic or Sonata (pending IIHS tests on the Sonata).
    Ok, so the Nissan Versa is first on my list, but if I want cruise control with it (a MUST if available) I would have to opt for the high end package (I would get the 5 Door) and if then I wanted an auto (must upgrade to auto to ease woes of city driving) then I would have no option except the CVT, which is great but drives the price up. Basically, if I wanted all the options the Accent has on the Versa I would end up creeping close to the 20k mark; note that I would get a lot MORE options on the Versa, such as smart card etc. but I don't necessarily want those added just to get ABS.

The fit doesn't seem to have much info about it but current speculation puts the BHP at around 95-100 with a 1.5 L, and even though the Accent only has a few more ponies, they make a big difference when an engine is paltry on the ponies to begin with.

The Yaris....don't even get me started. Outside styling (read: rear end) is bubley and awkward and the center console/instrument cluster/HVAC controls, well let's just say I like looking forward to see my speed and I don't know why Toyota didn't opt to spend the extra couple hundred dollars and make a left and right hand drive with left and right hand inst. clusters instead of making it a "uni-continental" car. Plus the price point for the brand, the less than fabulous warranty (compared to Hyundai) and the not so peppy engines found in lower displacement Toyotas (from my own experience, not from fact).

So leaves me with few cars in my price range that are competetive with the 2006 Accent. I do wish that I could order cruise with the Accent (speculated to not be available) so that's a bummer. I am actually thinking that the Elantra may be the better buy in summer 06 because of the "get outta here, we have new toys a-comin'" sales to liquidate for the new generation, which I have heard may be powered by the new World Engine from GEMA, developed by Hyundai, DCX and Mitsubishi (heard from a friend of a friend of a friend who grooms the dog who lives with the flatmate of a girl I met on the subway).
  • alpha01alpha01 Member Posts: 4,747
    "The fit doesn't seem to have much info about it but current speculation puts the BHP at around 95-100 with a 1.5 L, and even though the Accent only has a few more ponies, they make a big difference when an engine is paltry on the ponies to begin with. "

Also, granted the test is dated, and new competitors exist (most notably, the Civic and 3), but for a "lower-displacement" Toyota, the Corolla was the quickest in a Ten vehicle C/D comparo of 2003 models in Nov 02. (That includes the current Elantra, and likely the Spectra givent the shared powertrain).

It probably doesnt matter much to you, but in my experience Honda vehicles with similar power ratings to those vehicles from competing manufacturers have always felt stronger to me, through the seat of the pants. Honda typically does a great job with power and efficiency as well, something that can't be said of the Accent's 1.6L- its fuel efficiency is bested by the new Civic's 1.8L, for example, which puts out 30 more horses. (And the Civic's power ratings are SAE certified, not sure about the Accents).

A loaded manual Accent at $14,495(MSRP) seems like a smart buy, I just think its much uglier (cartoonish in that ECHO type way) than its relative Rio.

~alpha
    It's beyond me how you can even think of comparing the smooth lines of the new Accent to the ECHO's. There isn't anything remotely similar. Well, ok, they both have four doors and wheels.
  • alpha01alpha01 Member Posts: 4,747
    The new Accent, due to its nose, tail, and general shape, looks to me as though 100 clowns should climb out of it, just as the ECHO did, and very much unlike how the Rio doesnt.

~alpha
    Yes, the Accent is quite roomy for its size, isn't it? ;)
    Alpha, the basic point of my post is that if you are looking for a car that can stay under 17K with all the amenities of the Accent then you are almost out of luck. Honda does produce good engines, I love my fiance's 87 civic, it feels like it scoots up a lot faster than my 98 sentra, but part of it is because of a stiffer suspension so there is less rear end squat on acceleration and nose dive on brake, and the fact that Honda is great with keeping their small cars light and you sit considerably lower to the ground in the civic.

As far as Toyota I have been test driving Corollas every year since 2000 and while they may be rated for more HP or test to be quicker, they lumber along compared to the Civic. The handling is muddy and the braking is never as good.

I like Honda and Toyota (with the exception of the ECHO and the Yaris) but you can't get the same comparable options from them for what you load up the Accent with, not to mention you don't get the 10/100k waranty that tags along with the Accent.

Finally for styling, the only portion of the Accent that is ECHO-like remotely is the back end, which I am not too fond of, but being that I don't ever folow me while I drive I don't much mind. Also consider that I drive that 98 sentra with that disgusting rear as is. The Rio has better body lines but you can't get it without those retarded non-color keyed side moldings. Those remind me of non-color keyed bumpers you get with older econo-boxes, the kind that turn gray after 5 years in the sun.

So once again, through economic restraint and personal opinion of stlye and want for creature comforts I am confortably arrived again at the Accent. It's not that I wouldn't like a new Civic but I can't afford 21K to get one with the options I would like, nor can I get the Versa how I would like with all my requested options under the 20K, nor the Dodge Caliber (build-a-caliber site is up at dodge.com). I CAN however get everything I want (sans cruise) for under 17K with the Accent.
  • iluvmysephia1iluvmysephia1 Member Posts: 7,704
    gotten used to those side moldings on the new Rio. Kia has made them thick and slightly slanted so that they actually are part of the design down the side-sleek from a sharp ange in the front looking back, and I like them.

Now, whether or not the sun will turn them another color (gray) in 5 years or not is a moot point with me-I trade in for another new Kia in 2-5 years anyway.

It is still so nice to have the Hyundai/Kia 100,000 mile Long-Haul Warranty on the powertrain. A bumper-to-bumper Warrranty of 5 years and 60,000 miles remains the industry standard and so very cool to have on your side as a car owner, too.

2021 Kia Soul LX 6-speed stick

It's interesting that you say that about Hondas feeling stronger to you that cars with similar power ratings. A reviewer in one of the major car mags noted that Honda horsepower is a lot like BMW horsepower- the numbers alone just don't tell the story. I tend to agree.
    With regard to wanting cruise in the Accent, I had a two different dealers on here tell me that they offer very good aftermarket systems for the current Accent. So, if you really wanted it, it is possible to install.

My bet is that at least the Honda Fit will have it on most models. Probably all but a base (DX?) will have it. It is odd that Hyundai and Kia don't offer it at all but offer most other convenience items, but there must be some rationale for it. Perhaps they weren't wanting to offer EVERY feature of their larger cars.
    Thanks for the heads up about the Dodge Caliber. I went to the Dodge site and played with it. I love it. If only it weren't made by DCX. :(

The powertrain options are very interesting. Upgrading from the 1.8L to the 2.0L in SE/SXT is only $50. Amazingly, they're also offering the 2.0L turbodiesel, but it costs $4420! Still, I'm glad to see the diesel option. They're also showing 4-speed automatic, CVT and CVT w/Autostick.

This is all preliminary, but maybe they actually will offer it all. Who knows? Great looking, too...just starts getting pricey once you option it up.
    I believe that the Caliber is being powered by the DCX, Hyundai and Mitsubishi developed GEMA World Engine, produced in mass on the same block just with different displacements from different cylinder heads (I believe), hence the cheap swap out.

From speculation, the Turbo Diesel won't be offered state-side, sigh. I would really like the Caliber as an alternative if only it was made by someone besides DCX, however if it is indeed powered by the GEMA engines I would maybe consider it more than before.
    I stopped into my local Hyundai dealer today to get a new sun visor for one of my Elantras (warranty) and asked about the new Accent. The sales manager said, "January." Looks like Hyundai's marketeers fibbed to us.
    Hey Backy,

How do you like your Elantra(s)? My future father-in-law has one and he commutes about 350 miles a week and has put 40k on his in about a year and 3 months. So far he has had zip for problems and the car still rides like the day he bought it, plus it's still sipping gas (though not quite like a Honda Civic sips gas) the same since it's break-in.

I was wondering if it's pretty much the standard case or if chinks in the armor are starting to pop up, after all he does baby his car (2900 mile oil changes (just to be safe) and 25K tranny / coolant flushes).
    As a side not I should add that it's a 4 door Auto 05' Elantra GT. I drove it and liked it very much except at 80+ MPH on the freeway, where it was buzzy and weak, but I don't often go past 75 so I think I'm still good.
    I like them fine... and I might be buying another one soon depending on what happens with crash tests and rebates on the Accent.
    I helped a friend of mine buy an Elantra GT 5-door back in 4/03 and she now has around 65k miles on it. No mechanical problems at all. She adores it.

I like it too, except I'm not a fan of leather interior and the manual transmission doesn't shift like a Honda or Mazda. But overall, it's a steal. She payed $13,300 for hers. Where else could you get power everything, leather and ABS for that price?
    In the latest C&D the re-designed '06 Hyundai Accent received a very positive ride and drive review. These are some of the comments from C&D that describe the car "There are no complaints about space from this elongated editor; or about the interior, which is an attractive two-tone design with legible instrumentation and a simple control layout."

There are also comments about its quiet ride comparing it to the Azera. Very impressive indeed.

Copy and paste the link below to read the rest of the article.

www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?section_id=19&article_id=10396
    That article mentioning how the Accent remains quiet on the road has just pushed me over the edge into "must have" territory. I have driven nothing but loud econoboxes since I was in High School and crave quiet when I drive.

Sounds like I should start looking at financing.
  • phill1phill1 Member Posts: 319
    What the hells going on? Clicked on HyundiaCanada and all the 2006 Hyundia Accent information and pricing is listed including...Build Your Own! What are we here Chopped Liver living below the 49th
    Not only are we chopped liver in the pricing department, but those Canucks get bun warmers! Hey, it's cold in Minnesota too! :mad:

Note that Canada also gets a much broader range of trim lines for the Accent. We get one, with a couple of options (A/C, or the PS package).
  • luvholicluvholic Member Posts: 2
    Hi. I'm a student and I'm considering a lot of choices, as many "economy cars" are coming out this spring... I was looking for some used Civics then I had a chance to look at 2006 Accent on the web and realized this could be better than a used Civic! (I am trying to keep it close to $10K-- maybe little more than that.) Fuel economy, reliability, and interior quality would be the main factors
    I look for.
    Everything looks great on pictures and can't wait to see it coming out on market. I love the interior quality and everything... but I am little concerned about depreciation.
    I see many Hyundai owners here. Tell me how you guys think.
    First, the only '06 Accent you can get anywhere close to $10k is the old-style 3-door hatchback. And the fuel economy is not great compared to a Civic. The interior quality is pretty good for a car its price, but not up to the level of a Civic. Reliability of the Accent should be pretty good, but its depreciation will be steep, especially in the first 2-3 years.

So you might want to look around for a used Civic for $10-11k. You should be able to find a very nice previous-generation Civic for that money, especially if you don't mind a 2-door and don't mind driving a stick. The big plus for the Accent compared to a used Civic is of course the long warranty.

I think the all-new '06 Accent 4-door will be more comparable to the Civic, except still trailing in fuel economy, but you won't see the price anywhere near $10k for some time--it's unlikely Hyundai will put large discounts and rebates on it right from the start, and the base sticker of the Accent GLS is $13k including destination--but w/o A/C.

Another car to think about is a slightly used Elantra. Its fuel economy is not much worse than that of the Accent, it's a very comfortable car, and I've seen '04s (no different than the '06 models) going in my area with low miles for a little over $7k. And you'll still have the balance of five years and 60k miles of bumper-to-bumper warranty to use up. Or you could get a used Accent for even less--if you don't mind the fact it's basic transportation and no more.
  • luvholicluvholic Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the info. It was very helpful.
    I used to consider the ECHO over a Civic because
    it had a better fuel economy than a Civic (Am I right??) :confuse:
    But I heard it was not popular because of its design, etc.

Any idea how ECHO compares with Civic?
    (of course, I know all the basic info on these two.)
    This is a Hyundai Accent forum, and I don't know how I got here... :P
    Sorry for the off-topic.

Well, I guess I will be able to consider Hyundai for my
    2nd car then... It looks great and I'm glad to see it
    improving... especially Accent SR concept looks fantastic, except they are not coming out for real.
    The ECHO does get a little better mpg than the Civic but is a cruder car. It is cruder than the Elantra also, about on a par with the Accent. If you can get a used Civic for about the same money or a little more than an ECHO, I'd go for the Civic. If you want to maximize your fuel economy, a stick ECHO would be a good bet.

The Accent SR concept is coming in a little more pedestrian form as the Accent GS and GSi, due out next spring.
  • phill1phill1 Member Posts: 319
    You guys are busting me up laughing. The 06 Accent GLS 4 DR was (supposed) to be released FALL 05`CHECK YOU CALEDARS! WINTER 05` is gonna be here in 48 hours on Wed. Dec. 21. So much for Hyundia`a release dates an their Web Site information. Hope the delay was to tweak out last minute clitches in the new model rollout. With their present time table their Accent Hybrid version should be expected sometime after Bush leaves office!
    The Accent GS and GSi was never supposed to be released in 2005. The announced timeframe is spring 2006. As for the 4-door sedan, it seems they messed up on that one by a few weeks. There were some labor problems in Korea that might have affected the ship dates. But they still have a couple of days to get the car to at least some dealers. Glad you are getting some chuckles out of the situation.
  • mike_belknapmike_belknap Member Posts: 378
    Hey folks,
    The '06 Accent GLS has been released in the US -- it just hasn't made it to all regions yet. I went to a local dealer yesterday and saw an '06 Accent -- this unit was silver with an automatic transmission and air conditioning. It arrived sometime last week. (They were closed of course, being that it was a Sunday, so I could only look through the windows.) I was very impressed with the apparent amount of headroom and what was visible of the interior fit and finish. The seat upholstery at least looked durable, comfortable. Truly, apart from having manual window cranks, it seemed like a nicer, more expensive car than its $14,750 MSRP might suggest.

:)

Mike
  • danf1danf1 Member Posts: 897
    The cars are released. I've got a few on their way to me. I blame the truck drivers. They must have something against Hyundai. Forget the speed limits, I've only got 48 hours to fulfill a prophecy. ;)