Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chevrolet Monte Carlo 2006 and Newer

jpstax1jpstax1 Member Posts: 197
edited January 2014 in Chevrolet
I read in the '06 Impala forum that Chevy will be selling a new FWD Monte Carlo SS with a 5300 engine and heavy-duty tranny that will hopefully be able to compete with the '06 Ford Mustang GT.

Comments

• Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,147
    Yes, we've go some information about the 06 model here.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• jpstax1jpstax1 Member Posts: 197
    Thanks! The car really looks nice. About as nice as the Mustang GT. I also took a peek at the 2006 Impala SS. I sure hope the price of the two Chevys is in the same ballpark as the Mustang GT. I also can't wait to see how they do in 0-60 and 1/4 mile runs against the Mustang GT.
  • m1miatam1miata Member Posts: 4,551
    You'll have to wait for the Camaro, should it ever return, to have a comparison to the Mustang GT. At least in photos, the Monte Carlo still looks a bit awkward at most angles, while the Impala may in some ways look better. I guess rounding off the box is a good thing. In it's own way, maybe the previous form is more identifiable, or a stand-out design among all the rest todays cars. At any rate, still no RWD for the two, and they are both rather large, so I don't see any competition to the Mustang -- yet.
    The Mustang needs to go on a diet and lose a few pounds and inches too. The Impala need not shrink, as it does all of what she is suppose to do. As far as a V8, the gas companies will get richer, and the car will go a bit faster, but a sports car, it will likely never be. Drop that engine in a Nova.... oh yeah, they don't make them like that anymore ;-) Come on, let's see a cool looking Monte , Camaro, and maybe a Corvair again, with rear wheel drive. Plenty of cars, like Accords with FWD that will out sell these Chevy's get with it like DCX. Or it that too expensive to do? Is GM unraveling? Ah the good ol' days of 1968 when a Malibu SS or a Camaro looked all too hot!
  • chris65amgchris65amg Member Posts: 372
    They need a RWD Monte Carlo to compete against the Mustang, and I have no doubt that Chevy could borrow some Corvette parts to that end. I would love a Camaro, though.
    It would be too costly to use the drivetrain of a Corvette, but yes RWD will return to Monte Carlo, as will total new look. While it would be cool to have a closer to 50/50 weighted car, I doubt the cost involved would be worth the dollar return to Chevy. Too bad Malibu has been reduced to a FWD econo box look, which is a far cry from 1968 beauty she once was. Use to be body by Fisher was a sexy body indeed. Just think about all the cars, even the Corvair and Nova, made by Chevy compared to today's boring styles. Oh well :-|
    I didn't mean drivetrain. I meant suspension parts and other small things.

I agree about the Malibu too.... but Chevy needs a midsizer....
    The fiberglass leaf spring suspension was used on a Riviera, as well as, the Corvette. Why not. I say conventional is more likely for the Monte.

Loren
  • sunnionesunnione Member Posts: 1
    Help. I have found a brand new 2004 Monte Carlo on a dealers lot. Of course he has 2005s and the 06 will be out soon. What kind of manufacturer to dealer incentives and/or discounts can I reasonably expect on the 04?
    Well a 2004 has been around awhile. They don't list incentives for 2004, but an '05 would be $3K off, so that is a start. I would expect around $7K off. When the '06 comes out, you already will own a to year old car. If it is not a fully loaded car, maybe $6K off. Since nobody wanted that car for two years now, don't expect a high re-sale value. Tell'em, you will take it off their hands for the right price. Start at $7,500 off, or something like that and work your way to the fair price. I saw one of those Ernhart special cars discounted around $7K, or maybe it was more off. Anyway, it was still overpriced. If it was read wheel drive and had a V8, maybe then it would be fair priced at $7K off. All full sized GM start at around an extra $3K which they will take off. It's the new game. The Monte is a unique looking car. Good luck and have fun!
    :D Loren
  • lostwrenchlostwrench Member Posts: 288
    I've found it. I sat in it at the NY Auto Show this year. The 2006 Dodge Charger. You will go back to the great cars of the 60's with this car. And, they even went back to the original colors, hemi orange, plum crazy, etc.
    " I've found it. I sat in it at the NY Auto Show this year. The 2006 Dodge Charger. You will go back to the great cars of the 60's with this car. And, they even went back to the original colors, hemi orange, plum crazy, etc. " ---end quote--

So you are saying the new Charger looks nothing like the photos? I know what a '68 or say a '70 Charger looks like, and it is pretty awesome. I know what the Chevy Malibu in '68 looked like. I only have the photos of a blocky looking 4dr. Charger for '06 to go by, but it doesn't look promising at all to me. As for the Monte Carlo, it could use RWD and raising the gas pedal up a bit so it is not so buried down there. Gosh, so many new cars have a very long travel for the right foot to go up and up, then over to the brake = totally wrong. As for the overall look of the Monte Carlo, I guess it rates as somewhat different, which is a good thing, and has some style to it. Looks like the front changes for 2006 but not the roof line. I guess that is a good thing. When the RWD comes out in a few years, if GM is in business, the car may have larger redo of style. May be interesting to see what it looks like then. Ford needs a killer looking Fairlane 500. I saw some photos of some SUV thing using the nameplate - yuk!
    :shades: Loren
    Looks like great deals on '05 models this month! Savings around $5k?
    A lot of car for the money. If I had the cash burning a hole in my pocket
    and could sell my two older cars, I would be tempted.
    I talked with a Chevy salesman last week and he said their initial Impala SS orders will be arriving in mid-late September. Since they hadn't yet ordered any Montes, he wasn't sure when they would be available. He also said that in order to get a feel for the new 5.3 engine, he test drove a Grand Prix GXP at the local Pontiac dealership. He said the torque-steer was a bit of a challenge. He heard that Buick decided not to offer the engine in the La Crosse for that very reason. Their older generation buyers wouldn't be able to handle it. Anyway, he said Chevy buyers won't be disappointed with this great new engine. I will be looking forward to test driving both the Impala SS and Monte Carlo SS sometime this fall.
    Hummm, can we say, let's go RWD?
    Loren
    I think that they should change the Monte to RWD with little delay. Just my opinion, though.
  • cfazzaricfazzari Member Posts: 77
    Sounds good as long as you live south of North Carolina.... As for THIS Nor'easterner...FUGETABOUTIT!! I will NOT, NEVER, No WAY own a primary RWD car up here in NYC!! And I do NOT care HOW they present it!!
  • olpalgaryolpalgary Member Posts: 5
    I agree with you Chris,, where people live & how they drive determines what they should logically drive.... In the mid-west here, my wife has to drive 25 miles each way..
    So we felt Lucky to find our new Pontiac Gran Prix GXP , online before it even reached Dealer & bought it.. Very Happy with it so far..
    Gas mileage avg. 18-20 mixed.
    Torque steer, haven't noticed too much, but haven't climbed all over it yet; except for toying with TA Ram Air, & surprised him a little , after he seen what was up it was bye bye !!
    I would think any of you Monte Carlo, Impala enthusiasts will be quite pleased with SS's for 2006..
    We won't part with this GXP but i can see myself buying a Monte Carlo SS..
    Of course that would mean parting with my '02 Z-28 LS1 :D
  • rcc442rcc442 Member Posts: 56
    So, then don't buy a RWD as your primary car. Last time I looked, all Chevy cars except the 'vette are FWD... so you have your choice. Now, let the rest of us who favor the better handling characteristics of RWD have at least ONE model in the Chevy lineup!
    As you know, there are MANY folks that live "up north" who have a RWD performance car in a garage or warehouse all winter, and who bring 'em out for late Spring through Fall...

Is 2007 still the target date for a North American-built RWD car to arrive? I thought the GTO was to be built by Holden for only 3 years (2004-2006), and then a new RWD platform will be built worldwide, including North America. What will Chevy's model based on this platform be? The Monte Carlo? A Camaro? Both? Since the GTO already has the LS2 RWD drivetrain, I would think it would be a reasonable choice for Chevy as well, since for 2006 it will already be in the Corvette, the SSR, and the TrailBlazer.
  • 4plus3vette4plus3vette Member Posts: 5
    I live in Syracuse, NY and we get loads of snow in the winter. I have an 01 Monte Carlo and an 86 Corvette. The Vette comes out in the spring and the Monte sits waiting for rainy days or the fall. However, if I could have had a 5 or 6 speed RWD Monte Carlo, I would have preferred it to what I currently have - AND IT WOULD BE THE CAR I DRIVE IN THE WINTER. I think Syracuse had 180" of snow last winter. All you need is a set of Blizzaks and know how to drive that RWD car in the snow. I will say that it wouldn't be for everybody, though.

Also, if you are going to be getting a decked out top-of-the-line Monte, you may not want to have it on the roads anyway in the winter due to the rust that develops from the salt they put down to melt the snow. Save your old FWD Monte for that.
    Ah Syracuse New York In Late June!! The last snowfall of the season is probably already melting away in your driveway :)

As for me - I live in the Bronx, I've got a wife, an ex-wife, three kids in Log Island, maybe more kids on the way, a full-time job and a part time job. What I do NOT have is time to be screwing around with snow tires, belts, chains or other traction-voodoo when my FWD Intrepid plows right through the snow, and my AWD Town & Country can plow right through an avalance if need be. I am DELIGHTED that the new Monte (and Impala SS) are FWD, and I actually do feel bad for Southerners that would prefer their MCs in RWD.

As for YOU my Syracuse friend - I wish you luck with the Vette. Keep that baby safe, especially after the first new snowfalls of August appear overhead :)
    The beauty of my AWD Town & Country is that it frees me up to buy whatever the hell I want late next year!! My Intrepid will go to my sons, and maybe Dad gets a RWD Mustang, an AWD 300-Hemi, a RWD Charger or FWD Monte. The road ahead is wide open...Any day we DO get snow the new car will wait it out in the driveway and the T&C will handle the tough stuff. :)
    Looks like after the employee pricing and $2,500 rebate, the price should start at around $16,212, for the one I saw on the lot with the 1st pkg, on it. Can't recall the number, but it is the s1 pkg or something. If I had the cash in hard right now, I'd be tempted. I see that dealer fees are extra -- how extra are they? The 2006 is not going to be that much different if it means saving thousands more on the '05.
    Loren
    Correcting my post. Looks like the net cost is more like $18K or more for a rather base model before tax and fees. They add $250 for something, which I don't car to know what that fee was suppose, though I no longer car to know why since the car is simply not worth the price. In two years, it is but worth under $14K, so why put out $20K or more? If the retail is under $14K in a couple years, the wholesale must be around $11K. Best bought used.
  • ssmontemanssmonteman Member Posts: 15
    Its funny, when I look at pictures of the New "06 Monte, I cant help but think that from the front bumper back to the windshield, it looks just like my "95 Monte I previously owned. And then of course from the windshield and the rest of the way back, it looks just like my 2000 Monte I currently own. So are they really considering this a new generation? I am happy that they are offering a 300+ hp engine with the SS model, although it wont be compariable to the Mustang. But keep in mind why should it? In all the years that Chevy built the Monte Carlo, it never was considered a Mustang fighter or even anywhere in the same ball park. So it would be unfair to compare the two. They are just two totally different classes and always have been. Also just as a side note with all of the talk to RWD, there was just an article in the current Motor Trend where GM has killed all plans of producing a RWD coupe past the 2007 model year with the exception of the Vette and the new Caddy roadster. They have however also decided to let the GTO live on in RWD form but thats it. Hope nobody is getting their hopes up too much for a RWD Monte or even a reborn Camaro/Firebird. Doesnt look like its going to happen anytime soon. But thats GM for you.......never gives you what you want, just what they think you SHOULD want.
  • cougar68cougar68 Member Posts: 3
    Has anyone seen the new MC yet? When is it due out? I have seen a new Impala SS; it is, in my opinion, much smoother looking than the superseded model. But, my understanding is that the new MC will not be as extensively restyled.
  • navigator89navigator89 Member Posts: 1,080
    You can find pictures and information at the Chevrolet website.

http://www.chevrolet.com/montecarlo/photogallery/

And you're correct that the the new Monte Carlo isn't that different. Look at the taillights and they don't really look different from the previous generation. The interior does seem to be pretty nice.

I don't know exactly when it is to be released, if it's not out already but I'm guessing October-December of this year.
  • inxtcinxtc Member Posts: 1
    You know you are absolutely right. Except for the front the 2006 is still the same old ugly body design as it was before, but now they've put a 1995 Monte Carlo nose on it.

Sure wish the Chevy division of GM would hire someone with some creativity that could design a good looking car for a change.
  • poncho167poncho167 Member Posts: 1,178
    The 2006 Monte Carlo is not of enough face lift to call it new. From what I gather they are making slight changes-nose, interior, engines, for now. The redesigned model will come out in 2008, and probably be rear-wheel-drive.

They are a nice driving car, and they probably could be bought for a pretty good price considering the large size of the car.
  • george2002george2002 Member Posts: 13
    I am surprised that there is not more action on this board about the 303hp DOD V8 that is being introduced into the Impala and Monte Carlo for 2006.
    I have a '99 Monte that really moves out with just the old 200 HP push rod V6 -- and the thought of an additional 100HP sounds very interesting. Has anyone taken one out for a test drive??
    I dont believe the new Monte is out quite yet. Ive been keeping my eye on all of the local chevy lots, which there are quite a few of here in Columbus, Based on the pictures Ive seen so far, I will probably for go the "restyle" and hold onto my 2000 and wait a couple of years to see if a total resyle appears and go from there. Besides, from what Ive seen of the new Impala, which is sharing the identicle nose as the new Monte, my heart doesnt exactly race. Also has anyone else noticed that once again Chevy has done away with the Monte Carlo script in favor of more block like letters and they have also dropped the knight crest, which is a shame. Its almost like they are saying the car isnt special enough to pay tribute to its own heritage. :(
    I haven't test driven the '06 MC SS yet, but did test drive an '06 Impala SS. The torque-steer was very strong when I mashed the pedal. I launched it at a traffic light and left plenty of rubber behind. It started to veer left towards oncoming traffic, so I immediately backed off on the gas. I told the salesman about it, but he changed the subject. The Impala SS is very fast, so I think the MC SS should be too. BTW, the dual exhaust sounds great! Reminded me of my '66 Nova with the 327-350 horse engine. Thanks to Chevy for bringing back the V8, even though the cars are FWD.
    Ive heard many people complain about the same problem with the Grand Prix's with the higher performing engine. Hoepfully they will correct this problem with enough complaints.
  • simplystressedsimplystressed Member Posts: 10
    The '06 is Monte is starting to show up in Ontario dealerships. Took a silver LTZ for a short drive today. I think the front end looks better than promo pictures are showing. This one had a very very light colored beige cloth interior just begging for dirt. The 3.9 is a bit stronger than the 3.8 in my '02 Grand Prix GT from a stop.Its noticable, but nothing spectacular. Passing should be somewhat quicker too. Cant seem to find anything in the GM camp that pulls like my lightly modded '87 Buick Grand National did in its day. No Vettes for this guy and we cant get the GTO here yet. Did drive an '06 Impala SS two months ago, but the saleperson directed me through an area where conditions were not there for a wide open throttle run, so I'm still looking to see how the 5.3 compares. Another day. Anyway, just like the Impala LTZ, the Monte LTZ just has the just bare tailpipes. They'll look like crap in a year or so just like earlier Monte SS's did without the chrome tips. Would be nice if they did something to class that up a bit. The side of the car looks very "big" and plain. Needs something to break it up, perhaps even just an emblem. Could be just the light color, not sure. The SS may not have that same issue with me. Drives very well and its a possibility for my next car early next year.
  • revitupfastrevitupfast Member Posts: 38
    Anyone found a website where the tu-tone version of the new SS is shown. Or any other sites showing something other than the Mfg own photos?
    Revitupfaster
    Whats the tu-tone version? I havent heard anything about that. Is it a two tone paint scheme?
    I suspect he's talking about the ground effects being silver like in previous model years.A black SS was supposed to be delivered to a dealer in my area this week with the black/silver paint. I'll snap a few pics if its there. There's a "tu-tone" interior available as well, gray and ebony combo.
    Took a look at the Black SS today that was listed as being Black/silverstone Metallic, but it was all black. Salesman didnt know why GM's website listed that particular car has having that color combo. Absolutely gorgeous with the black leather.
    Sorry for the delay in responding, yes I was talking about the ground effects being silver. I have an 04 Supercharged SS in the Dark Grey Metallic, with the Silver ground effects. I really like the look with the contrasting colour. I haven't been impressed with the colour choices GM has offered for the past few years, and then for them to restrict the ones you can pick really sucks. I like to try and make my ride stand out a little but GM seems to want to put us all in the same box. They need to offer more exterior options where you can personalize the car to suit your taste. Anyway, I just wanted to see what an 06 would look like with the contrasting ground effects, it is offered in the brochure, but not a picture anywhere. :cry:
    In your opinion, does the 06 look all that different from the 04-05's? I haven't actually seen an 06 in real life yet but they don't look all that different to me. By the way, GM is offering what looks like a really nice optional polished, triangular spoked wheel. Does anyone know if this is a factory option or do they make you buy these over and above the wheels that come with the car. I know they offered the 20" wheel on the Silverado, but they stuck you for both the wheels and then you had to buy the 20" tires to go with them. What a joke some bean counter at GM must have dreamed up this idea, thinking it was a good way to get another 2 grand out of the customer, and make him buy 8 wheels instead of 4.
    Here's a few pics I snapped at the dealer the other week. I apologize for the quality..showroom was cramped, photographer inexperience..yadda..yadda. :P

2006 Monte Carlo SS pic1
    2006 Monte Carlo SS pic2
    2006 Monte Carlo SS pic3
    2006 Monte Carlo SS pic4
    2006 Monte Carlo SS pic5
    I would agree that it doesnt look all that different aside from the front end and the dash. The front end does look a little "retro", circa 1999, but I like it. People have said that they dont like it but it looks different in person than it does it pics. The pictures really make it look big, when in reality its not. It appears that there isnt a body moulding across the doors available which would be nice on some colour combinations, like the silver one I drove. The side of the LTZ looked like it was missing something. It was just a sea of flat sheetmetal. Looking through the brochures, '04 had this moulding where '05 didnt. Correct me if I'm wrong. Black looks great without it, but then again it had the SS emblems on the door. As for the dash, it looks cleaner, more up to date, but I liked the previous model years too. The individual 4 gauge cluster with temp, oil, fuel and volts was nice in previous years. Its all combined into one large gauge now. Chrome exhaust tips are still a great touch on the SS. The LTZ just had the bare pipes which will look rather crappy after several months of being in the weather. There's a different black Monte SS at a dealer near me now I see thats listed as tu-tone. I'll check it out this weekend to see if in fact it has the silver ground effects.
    Hey-nothing wrong with these pictures, they look fine to me. I notice there seems to be a small emblem or something on the front quarter near the SS nameplate. This wasn't there on previous models. Are you serious, there isn't any door moulding at all - holy door dings here we come. Just another way to save a few bucks I guess. If I was getting an 06, I would add one, it sure must look like one large slab of sheet metal without it. My 04 has a moulding, the same colour as the body. I don't know if the 05's had it or not. The wheels look like great big pie plates. My 04 has 5 spoke diamond cut (whatever that means)17" aluminums, but they look a lot better than these things on the 06. As I wrote in a previous post, the "Optional" tri-angular wheels look good, but it will probably cost an arm and a leg to get them. The wheels on the lower trim models look better to me than "Standard" ones on the SS. The rear ground effects on the 06 looks very plain, with the exhaust tips just hanging below. My 04's ground rear ground effects sort of integrates the exhaust tips, which are an oval shape, into it. Looks a lot classier I think. Anyway, maybe with the tu-tone job, the rear will look different. Thanks for posting the pictures. Let me know what you think when you see a tu-tone SS.
    The small square emblem just has GM inside of it. I've noticed it on a bunch of '06s. I'd be curious to see those chrome rims too. But seeing as I rarely see any year Monte Carlo on the streets here, chances are slim. What happened to times like the late 80's and early 90's when everyone and his brother had an 84-88 Monte..hmmm..I think they all bought the last generation Grand Prix's :) It would be nice if they were somewhat more plentiful here in Canada where you could actually see all the colors at once and see what the SS cloth interior is like. All the cars on GM's vehicle search show up as having leather for the several regions I did searches on. Seems like the dealers at this point, being still early in production, have just ordered loaded cars. I guess those are what sell. My lease is coming up to the 6 month window on my Grand Prix where I can get into something else easily, so I'll be giving my guy a shout and crunching some numbers soon. I'll find out from him some dealers with the different coloured cars since its too time consuming trying to find exact dealers on GM's site. They want you to shop near where you live and not know where specific cars are.
    The other night I FINALLY found an 06 Monte on a dealers lot. (FYI, the vehicle search option on the Chevrolet website isnt always that accurate). It too was black on black. So far that seems to be all that people are finding. Maybe they are making a different color each month and the 1st month is Black? Anyway, I was able to pull right up beside it and was able to make the small comparisons with my black 2000 SS. I have to say that I agree that it looks better in person than it does in the promo photos. The new front end seems to flow with the rest of the car better than I thought. Ive also noticed that they did revise the tail lights as well. Rather than having 2 cirlular units behind a clear bubbled lense, they are 2 red units behind a red flat lense, which looks a little cleaner. The interior also looks cleaner and a little more upscale. Especially the new console which adds an additional cup holder over the old one but less storage room under the dash. Over all, I think I would consider trading up for one. I am however still sad by the fact that Chevy once again did away with the Knight crest emblem and the "Monte Carlo" script. Its also odd that they chose to make the "SS" emblems on the car white vs the red that they have used for many many years.
  • charts2charts2 Member Posts: 618
    GMs announcement of plant closings.

GM announced that it will be dropping the third shift at its Oshawa plant #1 at end of 2006. Personally I believe that will be the end of the Monte Carlo. The Impala has had great success and the Monte Carlos sales are dropping like a stone. Chevy pumps hundreds of Millions into Team Monte Carlo in NASCAR racing and it isn't paying off. Now that Ford is going to use the new Ford Fusion for their racing program 2006 I believe after 2006 the Monte will be dropped and the successful Impala will be the new NASCAR Chevy entry. The Dodge Charger & Ford Fusion are both 4 door sedans, the Impala would fit nicely as a replacement.

Just my opinions......
    I hope to God that GM does not drop the Monte Carlo again. If they do I will be finished with them for good. If they are not happy with sales, then they should come out with a cutting edge new generation. Its been virtually unchanged for the past 5 years and the 06 isnt really that much of a change. But I do have to say that I see alot of Montes out on the street and not a whole lot sitting on the lots so I think they are selling. But time will tell.
    Chevy didn't go near far enough to freshen the Monte for 2006. The current platform looks dated, when I see pictures of the new Dodge Challenger coupe thats coming. I think Chevy blew it!
    I havent heard about this new Dodge Challenger but Im sure it will be a hit like everything else they have brought out over the past couple of years. I dont know why it should be so hard for Chevy to do the same thing. They can totally come up with some fun and innovative designs that still retains the automibiles heritage as far as styling cues amd image. But yes you are right, they didnt go far enough with the 2006. This was something they should have done say 2 years ago and then roll out a while new generation for 2006.
    I agree that the Monte Carlo isn't anywhere near the numbers the Impala is in unit sales, but I think the Monte was specifically designed for the NASCAR circuit. I don't think the Impala even comes close as far as the aerodynamics of the body are concerned, and unless GM is prepared to abandon their NASCAR presence, they will continue with the Monte nameplate. Whether the particular vehicle itself sells in great numbers or not isn't the issue. The advertising for the Chevrolet division is the big thing, and it has taken many years to make the claim "The winningest name in Nascar history". It would be hard to throw that away.
    That being said, I do think Chevy is way to conservative with the styling and they better wake up soon. The buying public (Me and people like me) aren't going to continue to support same old, same old. I have owned a 2000 SS and now a 2004 SS. About the only difference between the two is the 04 has the Supercharged motor. Nice but the car is virtually the same. Same as the 06 V8 power, nice, but what else is new. Sure some minor modifications but nothing I can see that really turns my crank to cough up another $10 - $15 grand to trade up.
    The 2006 Monte Carlo just doesn't cut it. I am not being negative to anyone who owns one but it is a dated style and chevy blew it. NASCAR racing is huge. But win on Sunday sell on Monday doesn't work anymore. For the 10s of millions Chevy pumps into Team Monte Carlo it isn't paying back dividends of higher sales.

With the newer 4 Door Dodge Charger, and next year the new 4 dr Ford Fusion in NASCAR the Monte Carlo will be out of place. Its still based largely on the old 00-05 platform style.

Its time Chevy got exciting again. I was around in the 60s when stylish 2 door Impala SS, Chevelles, Novas, Camaros ruled the streets. High performance/trim packages could be ordered through Chevy. Everyone knew a Chevy model from blocks away,........not today!

Check out the website pictures of this new Dodge Challenger coming it will make the current Monte look like a Model T Ford.

Chevy, you have to take a chance to get a chance.....make some bold moves and become performance/styling leader like you were 40 years ago. Boring Cars/Trucks just don't cut it anymore!